Arin Gestalt
ATMOS, Rin Metzger

5'10"
Unknown

Solar City, Sanderson Household.
L-203
Class-B Operative, R&D Department

Piloting
With his previous experience piloting the Colossal-Grade-Mecha designated: ARMADA and the Civilian-Grade-Mecha designated: BULWARK. Arin Gestalt is one of the most proficient operators of large scale mechanical frames. With the second highest recorded sync ratio with the ARMADA and continued excellence, while performing complex technical inputs with the BULWARK, he is undoubtedly gifted when it comes to the simple operation of vehicles. The true struggle he faced when piloting both mechas was an inability to deal with the stress of combat situations.

He also possesses the aptitude and knowledge to operate cars, helicopters, and small planes. While he was given the option to learn basic navel navigation Arin expressed a peculiar fear of the ocean.

Medical Training
While operating the BULWARK's CURE, Arin mostly relied on the onboard AI for medical assistance, however, he was still trained in both basic and complex medical procedures in case an error occurred. While most of these skills have yet to see a practical use, basic skills such as CPR, treating wounds and transfusing blood are all within his reach provided he possess the proper tools. However, if push came to shove he would be able to fill in as a fairly competent medical professional in a pinch.

Advanced Robotics
While his most obvious skill is undoubtedly the operation of mecha frames, Arin is rather gifted when it comes to the construction and maintenance of these mechs as well. Cited as the lead designer of the BULWARK, he developed systems such as the CURE, the RIOT, and the E.M.A suit. While he has yet to significantly develop this skill and lacks any formal teaching, his natural instincts have proven to be rather sharp. Combined with his first-hand experience operating some of the most advanced mecha deployed, he could almost be considered a prodigy.

Combat Training
While piloting a mecha doesn't require physical perfection, physical fitness is necessary. To ensure bodily and mental performance, Arin was kept on a fairly tight fitness and diet regiment to ensure he remained healthy. This is a habit that continues to persist even away from the Shipyard, with his keeping a relatively healthy diet and regular exercise. While he is nowhere near his theoretical peak fitness, he maintains a comfortably above average figure of health.

Beyond this, his possess light amounts of combat training. This includes basic sidearms, and rifles, along with bladed weapons. While he had recently and purposely neglected his training, most of these skills do remain, if not slightly rusty.

Psychokinetic and Telepathic Potential

Recent developments have shown that Arin Gestalt possesses an enormous amount of pisonic power. While he previously displayed an extraordinary resistance to telepathic tampering, and the ability to form mental channels between him and other, his most recent activity in Morro Bay had him perform massive telekinetic feats. Ripping apart multiple blocks without the slightest of movements. However, now that he is inside of the Solar City dampening field, he has yet to show even a trace of that residual power. How much control over his own reawakened gift he will have after he leaves the effects of the field is anyone's guess.

Public Enemy

After the destruction of Morro Bay and Aberdeen, along with the massive death toll of both these disasters combined, the sixteen-year-old Arin Gestalt has been labeled as a domestic terrorist and rouge metahuman. His motives are unclear and his methods are varied, yet the federal government believes he will strike again and if his previous attacks are anything to judge by the damage will be astronomical. His current whereabouts are unknown, however, his last known location was in Morro Bay, Californa. It was there he attempted to continue his reign of terror before being intercepted and quelled by a group of brave Deterrence soldiers, many of whom lost their lives in the conflict. However, while he was halted, Arin Gestalt was neither killed nor apprehended. Some survivors claim to have seen him vanish into thin air, others say he disappeared in a flash of light. Yet no matter what happened to him, one thing is certain. Arin Gestalt survived, and he is undoubtedly looking to strike again.

However, this is where the fiction ends and reality begins. For Arin Gestalt died in Morro Bay, and the boy he left behind is simply trying his hardest to live.

This assessment was given after almost a month of biweekly therapy sessions post-Morro Bay. These sessions lasted two hours on average and were all done while Class B personnel ATMOS was under his civilian alias Rin Metzger with the intent of creating a mental health portfolio. Dr. Reese Pariston was never given full information regarding the patient's history. Gestalt gave his full consent when it came to partaking in this experiment.
Rin Metzger
It is exceedingly difficult for me to give a proper analysis of Rin Metzger's mental stability due to several factors. With his repeated tendency to zone out and the large sections of time he is unwilling to discuss being at the forefront of these issues. However in my limited time with the young boy, I have been able to paint a picture that encapsulates at least some of what he may be experiencing.

First I must say now that Rin is a very bright and kind boy. Through our conversations, I would be surprised to find even a single harmful bone in his body. He doesn't appear to wish any ill-will on anyone, and will often go out of his way to care for others. When speaking about something he is passionate about, I often forget I'm speaking with someone less than half my age... However, it is very clear that behind his timid smile he is in deep pain.

Before working with Rin I was informed of a previous suicide attempt, and I can honestly say that news does not surprise me. He displays telltale signs of both severe depression and anxiety, to the degree that I question how it went unnoticed for so long. However, beneath that, it appears as if he may be suffering from some form of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. One that manifests itself in extreme bouts of guilt, vivid reoccurring nightmares, and insomnia. However, when it comes to tackling the root of his trauma, he refuses to talk more about the subject.

It would also appear that Rin Metzger shows various symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder. These include chronic feelings of emptiness, reoccurring thoughts of suicidal behavior and a hesitancy to form intimate human relations. However, this most obviously takes its shape as an extreme lack of self-confidence and self-worth. He seems to hold his own reason to exist as something that is reliant on how much others value him, or how much worth he provides to them. I have been told that up until very recently, he viewed himself as a failure due to constant failures at work, however after quitting and moving in with a friend it would seem he's begun to stabilize. While this appears to be a step in the right direction, it is still very apparent that Rin Metzger seems to rely exclusively on his usefulness to others to propagate his reason to exist, rather than possessing any genuine sense of self-worth.

The cause of this is so far unknown, however my current theory points towards severe abandonment issues and feeling of being unwanted planted during his adolescence.

In conclusion, I can only say that while I truly wish the best for Rin, I am sorry to say that I'm unable to continue working with him. He's suffering from a hurt that can only be healed once properly exposed and confronted. Until then I'm unable to help him, and I'm unwilling to sit back and silently watch him suffer. Yet until the day comes that he's willing to open up, I recommend you avoid pushing the subject to hard, and more than anything, give him time.
-Dr Reese Pariston

THE PILOT: GESTALT, ARIN
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
HISTORY
The exact details of Driver 01's birth and subsequent adolescence are based solely on testimonies given by Arin Gestalt himself. So far ten discrepancies have been discovered, as such is it advised against taking anything recorded as truth.

Interrogation Transcripts:
█████, Interrogator: What circumstances do you know relating to your birth?
Gestalt: I was born on 2/25/2003, in South Dakota, the city of Aberdeen. My mother's name was Abigail Gestalt, my father's was Luke Gestalt. We were a lower-middle-class family, I was an only child.
█████: Are you aware that information is incorrect?
Subject unresponsive
█████: What do you remember about the date 6/29/2013.
Gestalt: My parents passed away. A... drunk driver, collided with them after they attended a movie. My grandmother was looking after me that day, I remember her crying when she got the call.
█████: After your parents died, what happened to you?
Gestalt: I was put into an orphanage, it was... a nice place. I became friends with several of the kids there, even those who worked there were nice.
█████: What happened to your grandmother?
Gestalt: I don't have one.
█████: Why have you been brought here?
Subject reached his mental limit and began convulsing. Subsequent test drive of the ARMADA showed a lower synchronicity rating.
-Interrogation End-

Transcript of Conversation between Driver 01 and the Commander of the Shipyard 9/14/18 12:29, During Aberdeen

Driver 01: Sir, you requested to see me?

Commander: Have you been alerted to the situation at hand?

D: No, sir. But I can garner that it's dire.

C: Quite. The ARMADA has lost all control, furthermore, it has done such within a heavily populated area. Communications are down,
however, the situation is looking grim.

Driver 01 paused for nearly a minute.

D: This is... my fault. If I hadn't lost control in Ashfall, we wouldn't be in this situation. I'm not cut out for this and everyone knows it, I don't know why we keep trying. This never would have happened if she was still the driver.

C: You aren't wrong, Driver 02 performed exceptionally and I have little doubt in my mind that her performance in Ashfall would have far outshined yours. However... it's high time you stop comparing every action you make to hers, you will not ever reach the level of synchronicity she had. This is no more than a fact of life, nor will you possess the drive she had. Yet no one expects that from you, all we ask is that you uphold your job to the best of your current abilities. So instead of wallowing in regret and your own self-pity, perhaps you can make some effort to clean up the mess you made. Before anyone else loses their life.

D:... Then what can I do?

C: We believe that the nature of the ARMADA's link with its pilot runs even deeper then we thought.

D: How so?

C: As we speak the ARMADA has just finished walking for over two months, with the sole intention of laying siege to Aberdeen. Passing by town and city to reach it.

D: But...

C: This is far too important for me to pass it off as a simple coincidence. So what I need right now are answers, I need the full and complete truth, I need to learn once and for all who Arin Gestalt is.

D: I... I don't remember sir.

C: At least try.

D: Well... I was born in Aberdeen, on June twenty-ninth of two thousand and thre-

C: Wait, before you continue, do you remember being born?

D: Pardon?

C: Can you remember the exact moments of your birth?

D: I suppose not.

C: Then it is only information you have heard others tell you, I don't need to know who people think Arin Gestalt is. Instead, tell me the first thing you remember.

A significant pause from Driver 01

D: Questions.

C: Who is asking these question? The Shipyard? Police?

D: I don't know, but I remember being tired, so tired I couldn't think straight or keep my eyes open. I just wanted to sleep but they wouldn't let me, it was just question after question. I don't remember what they asked, and I don't even remember what I said. In the end, I think they were happy, I think they got what they wanted, or maybe I said the right thing. I got to fall asleep after that, but not before I heard something... a name maybe... no, not quite.

C: Do you remember what it was?

D: Fidelis Filium

Long pause

D: They were nice you know... Well most of them at least. A couple of them got violent after a while, it wasn't their fault though and they got moved pretty quickly anyway.

C: "They" being?

D: Hmm? Oh... um. The other boys at the orphanage... I guess. That doesn't quite sound right though...

Subject trailed off.

C: Let's not stick on that very long then. What can you tell me about your parents?

D: Oh that's easy enough, they were... An- Angela... no... Loga-... wait. Give me a second, this should be easy. We had this wonderful garden, in a small little house. I used to play it in all the time before they called me back in for dinner. My father, he was so... kind? No... none of this is right... it's all wrong, it's all so wrong. And I don't know why...

Why don't I know?

Driver 01 remained catatonic for several minutes post-outburst. After which was concluded that he was no longer in a suitable state for any farther questioning.

Given the reports finally received about the conclusion to the Aberdeen incident and the observed relationship between Driver 01 and Kelly Sanderson, he had been confined awaiting further results. It remains imperative that no information reaches him, however, with the loss of the ARMADA, it is questionable how long the Shipyard will remain operable.

Security has furthermore been placed on high alert due to a plausible threat.

Tape A1, containing the overture to Operation Y713 has been placed within Driver 01's care.

BASIC INFOMATION
Name: Arin Gestalt
Sex: Male
Speicies: Human
Ethnicity Asian American
Height: 5'9"
Hair Color: Brunette
Eye Color: Blue
Family: Unknown
Place of Birth: Mitchell, South Dakota
Base of Operations: Solar City, California

TRAINING
Rudimentary Combat Training
While Driver 01 is on orders to avoid combat while not in the ARMADA, he is still required to train for basic combat with various forms of weaponry. This is due to the ARMADA wielding weapons that bare resemblance to several modern-day weapons. While the skills one learns from training with a knife don't transfer perfectly to using the PEC, tactics and maneuvers do. As such Driver 01 is training in basic firearms, knives, swords, and several disciplines of hand to hand combat.

With the change from ARMADA to BULWARK, Arin's tools and as such regiment has been changed. With the BULWARK's current modular design it has access to a far greater range of tools then the ARMADA once did. However, the majority of these tools have been constructed with a more defensive mindset, as such Arin's combat training regiment has been changed to include less combat and is now given studies on medicine, autonomy, and surgical procedures. However, given the breadth of training this requires, he currently largely relies on the onboard AI.

Psychic Defense
For reasons unclear, Driver 01 already had strong resistance to mental interference. It took a team of four trained psychics to break through his mental barrier, even then they were unable to access everything and could only offer suggestions. Even more, Driver 01 seemed completely unaware of what was happening, leading us to believe the psychic blocks are passive. We think this may be the reason Driver 01 is able to properly integrate with the ARMADA, in order to test if it will boost synchronicity rates he has been placed in biweekly psychic defense training. Due to this, it is nigh impossible to break into Driver 01's mind. This makes him far safer to deploy in situations with strong psychics on the field.

Along with this psychic barrier, Arin has recently displayed the ability to establish faint mental links between someone he holds a strong connection with. As of currently, there is only one person he has successfully communicated with, Kelly "Prism" Sanderson. This is believed to be a byproduct of her interaction with the ARMADA, and as such her exposure to Arin's mind. It has yet to be confirmed if this anomaly can be recreated without the use of the ARMADA.

Self Sufficiency
While it would be helpful for Driver 01 to always to remain on site, it quickly became evident that he had nearly no life skills or self-drive. The biggest incident being when after he was ordered to wait, he remained still for 17 hours before a janitor discovered him after hours. It was after this that a small apartment was purchased for him in Solar City. The apartment and block are under constant surveillance, however, he is left on his own when it comes to purchasing food, cooking, and keeping his living quarters clean. He adapted to the new situation fairly quickly and has been living on his own for nearly six months now. This has unexpectedly boosted his synchronicity rates. Because of this, we have begun experimenting with the idea of introducing him to other kids his age, as improving his social skills might have similar results.

BULWARK, Test Type 02
DESIGN
The BULWARK -previously denoted as the BATTALION- is a Civilian Grade Mech design for urban skirmishing and active use in heavily populated areas. A proposed idea by the previous Driver of the ARMADA, it was intended to used as a companion unit to the ARMADA to operate where the ARMADA’s large size would prove detrimental rather than beneficial. Surprising most of the engineer at the Shipyard at the time Arin requested to be placed in the lead design role. His lack of any known training or studies in the field of robotic caused several concerns. However while looking over his design documents it was found that asides from some optimization in power efficiently, his ideas were solid. As such he was given charge of the project with the added benefit of helping his self-sufficiency. When later pressed on his knowledge he stated that no one really knew robots from the inside out like he did, and that it was as simple as that.

After the Nebraska and Aberdeen incident, Arin’s design philosophy was altered significantly.as he began to move away from designing weaponry for the BULWARK and began to focus his time into constructing a more expansive set of tools. This shift is what also prompted the change to calling the unit the BULWARK, as Arin felt a war machine was no longer needed nor wanted.

ARMOR

Standing at just over eight meters and weighing nearly seven tons, the BULWARK is drastically smaller then it’s predecessor the ARMADA. As such it’s physical defense is far weaker than the Colossal Grade Mech, however, this is due to more reasons than just the size difference. Without access to the durable organic calcium carbonate shell the creature behind the ARMADA produced, the main armor of the BULWARK is instead constructed of high-grade composite armor. Designed to resist anti-vehicle weaponry this armor has little difficulty ignoring gunfire even that of a higher caliber. While Rocket Propelled Grenades and it’s like cause significant damage, it takes several to truly take the BULWARK out of commission. However, the BULWARK rarely relies on its armor when it comes to taking heavier blows, instead, using its defensive tools to protect it.

INTERNAL SYSTEMS/COCKPIT
Far from the neurological link and sync ratio of the ARMADA, the BULWARK’s design is more akin to a standard mech or vehicle. Operated by the pilot’s technical skill and finesse when it comes to entering commands and maneuvers, while only loosely supported by an onboard AI. As such reflex and physical training have been added to Arin’s regiment. While this shift has greatly affected his current operational effectiveness, this change is projected to be an overall improvement for his long-term usability.
ARSENAL
CURE
Arguably the most crucial part of the BULWARKs design, the CURE is a fully operational surgical table that can be deployed in the middle of a battle. Mounted on the back of the BULWARK it can be opened up and extended to create a small tent as long as the BULWARK is stationary. This tent possesses the tools required to perform nearly any kind of surgical operation one might need. Even having the capabilities to synthesize semi-organic organs for transplants. However, this process can be time-consuming and is simply a stand-in for a real organ. Far from magic or a miracle worker, this cannot take someone back from the brink of death and put them back in the fight. However, it can usually ensure one’s survival provided they reach the CURE in time. Given enough time the AI can often break down unknown toxins or elements and produce a viable antivenom or cure, however, the device lacks the ability to cure genetic mutations or completely reconstruct limbs.

CCB
Designed for incapacitating large groups of attackers in a non-lethal manner, the Concussive Cluster Bombs reside in a launcher within the BULWARK shoulders. With a single input, this launcher can spew up to fourteen small black bombs at a time. If exposed to several of these bombs within an enclosed area they have been known to permanently blind or deafen. However aside from being in direct physical contact with the bombs when they detonate, they lack the payload needed for causing grievous injuries.

GNAT
While much smaller then the ARMADA, the BULWARK is still massive when compared to other land-based vehicles. As such it can still run into situations in which it can no longer effectively maneuver. For that, there is the GNAT, a small and silent aerial drone that can be used for reconnaissance and stealth. When deployed it can either be controlled by the pilot of the BULWARK or by it’s onboard AI. Its current capabilities include the ability to record both audio and video then stream them to the cockpit for reconnaissance and the ability to transmit the pilot’s voice for communication.

RIOT
The cornerstone of the BULWARK, the RIOT is it’s most effective tool when it comes to its absolute defense. Built on the back of the DKD matrix, the RIOT takes the technology used to construct that and concentrates it to a single point. While the DKD was powerful, it spread itself thin by covering the entire ARMADA. Yet for the BULWARK, there are only two projectors, placed on both forearms. This focused design allowed for an overcharged form of shielding, one that no longer needs to simply deflect attacks but can properly block and resist strikes. While usually deployed in the shape of a large tower shield, it's shaping can be altered on the fly to increase its overall utility.

Flash IAP
If the RIOT was a smaller and stronger version of the DKD, then the Flash IAP is the same to the IAP. While the IAP followed a toggle design in which it could be enabled for continuous resistance to explosives, shockwaves, and energy projection, the Flash IAP must be activated for a full split second of complete energy disruption. If timed perfectly this pulse of air-plasma can nullify nearly any energy or explosive attack while avoiding the extreme heat and collateral damage of the old IAP. However, without the TSP-P the calculation and timing needed to pull it off perfectly is extraordinarily difficult.

E.M.A “Emma” Suit

With the skin-tight suit no longer needed for interfacing directing with the ARMADA, the pilot suit has been changed to a more practical flight suit based design. Woven from a mix of Nomex and Kevlar, it has been proven to be both durable and flame retardant. While it is partially pressured to allow for high-speed movement this will fail at certain altitudes. Information is relayed to the pilot in the form of the display mounted on their helmet, this allows them to keep an eye on all critical information while never looking away from the action.

However, the true draw of the Emergency Medical Aid Suit is its ability to interface with its pilot’s neurological state and perform basic medical operations when needed. Such as applying pressure to wounds, administering morphine and adenosine, and performing chest compressions all without the pilot needing to order it directly. In the case that the pilot is gravely wounding in a mission, this suit can keep them alive until evac arrives, even without the pilot being conscious.

PEC Lyte
-DISABLED-

TBA
Last edited by Gestalt on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
ATMOS
A boy, trying to live.

Gestalt
Sandbox Councillor

Re: Armada

Post by Gestalt » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:51 am

Holy shit I'm finally done.
ATMOS
A boy, trying to live.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Excellent Evangelion adaptation, this is very well done. I especially liked the little interview - I thought that really brought the character to life. Approved.

Also, if he wants to meet up with Prism (my Solar City native) at any time, I'd definitely be up for that.

Azra

Post by Azra » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:21 am

Mech is dumb can't even make toast
Kidding of course, this is insanely well done

Gestalt
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Gestalt » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:13 am

Give me three minutes, a toaster and some duct tape and I can make it happen.

Azra wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:21 am
Mech is dumb can't even make toast
Kidding of course, this is insanely well done
Thanks, I'd love to do something with Prism.

illirica wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:42 pm
Excellent Evangelion adaptation, this is very well done. I especially liked the little interview - I thought that really brought the character to life. Approved.

Also, if he wants to meet up with Prism (my Solar City native) at any time, I'd definitely be up for that.
ATMOS
A boy, trying to live.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:33 am

I know you've got a big to-do list, so just let me know when you're ready and I can start something, or you can start something if you prefer.

Gestalt
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Gestalt » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:45 am

I've got this entire night devoted just to writing so feel free to drop an opening post if you want, if not I'll probably make one kinda late tonight.
ATMOS
A boy, trying to live.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:25 am

I don't have time for it tonight, so if you want to drop one you go ahead, otherwise I'll shoot you something in the morning.

Gestalt
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Gestalt » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:27 pm

Reworked and Reloaded
ATMOS
A boy, trying to live.

Reyn
Community Mod

Re: Arin Gestalt/BULWARK

Post by Reyn » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Nice-lookin' code there