[OOC Chat]

Out of Character chatter and the section rules/announcements.
Red Ghost

Re: [OOC Chat]

Post by Red Ghost » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:26 pm

I really wish people would tag
🌹"The crisis of today is the joke of tomorrow" 🌹

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:29 pm

Have you found the option to auto-subscribe to threads you've posted in? It helps a lot. I get where you're coming from, but that's one thing you can do to mitigate things from your end.

Kismet

Post by Kismet » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:03 pm

Red Ghost wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:12 am
Writing precognition is like 😦

I'm just stealing bits and pieces from various franchises and mashing then together.
Precognitive and pseudo-precognitive abilities are certainly difficult to pull off. It helps if you give them some harsh limitation, or use some kind of RNG to emulate information fidelity.

Red Ghost

Post by Red Ghost » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:22 am

Kismet wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:03 pm
Red Ghost wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:12 am
Writing precognition is like 😦

I'm just stealing bits and pieces from various franchises and mashing then together.
Precognitive and pseudo-precognitive abilities are certainly difficult to pull off. It helps if you give them some harsh limitation, or use some kind of RNG to emulate information fidelity.
Well I have a system

Finite amount of visions, X capacity with Y amount of visions restored per hour.

Surpassing the limit means she gets mentally burnt out/extreme mental fatigue.

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:43 am

I think she meant limitations as in the precognition isn't 100% accurate 100% of the time.

I dislike writing perfect precog tbh, which is why I'm going the whole "converging strands of fate" route. Leaves room for things.

Red Ghost

Post by Red Ghost » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:49 am

Eh my precog has a limit on accuracy too, the further ahead Casey is looking into the future the less accurate altho I don't often use the looking far ahead one just the shorter version.

I rather just use it reasonably and logically\fairly then nerf it to a state that would end up with me not wanting to even have it anymore.

In all honesty, kinda how like you can have Jedi in Star Wars with out them abusing precog to be invincible :P

Baltor

Post by Baltor » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:47 am

Jack once wrote precognition in a one time villain. He certainly no-sold but then again, it was a fairly melee advantage, as in, his sight beyond sight seemed to only work in close quarter combat scenarios, and at angles where his vision was unhindered.

Magnetar

Post by Magnetar » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:53 pm

lowlaville wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:47 am
Jack once wrote precognition in a one time villain. He certainly no-sold but then again, it was a fairly melee advantage, as in, his sight beyond sight seemed to only work in close quarter combat scenarios, and at angles where his vision was unhindered.
I'd like to think I still sold with Dominance. Just because an attack doesn't work doesn't automatically mean it's a no-sell. He still got taken out in the end by people working around his ability, instead of just charging into it with the same strat and expecting me to eventually sell it working.

Red Ghost

Post by Red Ghost » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:09 pm

Dominus wasn't op or underselling/noselly, he was just tough as an event boss should be.

Baltor

Post by Baltor » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:53 am

Magnetar wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:53 pm
lowlaville wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:47 am
I'd like to think I still sold with Dominance. Just because an attack doesn't work doesn't automatically mean it's a no-sell. He still got taken out in the end by people working around his ability, instead of just charging into it with the same strat and expecting me to eventually sell it working.
Quite the reverse. It was more I who thought you wanted others to sell, which annoyed me at the time. Though as I learnt later, you did sell rather well.