Superhero Sandbox Rules

Out of Character chatter and the section rules/announcements.
lowlaville

Re: Superhero Sandbox Rules

Post by lowlaville » Wed May 30, 2018 3:32 am

illirica wrote: ↑
Tue May 29, 2018 8:18 pm
I'd say Vandal-character is fine, overrunning the world with demon hordes isn't. If you want to try for that, gotta be done in a big RP, not as part of a backstory.
I know that. But yeah if thats that then its good

Azra

Post by Azra » Wed May 30, 2018 8:59 am

TehMagicPudding wrote: ↑
Wed May 30, 2018 3:06 am
Would a character having a spaceship be OK? I'm thinking of making a character based on the idea of "What if, instead of becoming a hero, Star Lord became a straight up mercenary, came back to Earth, and used advanced space technology to become a criminal?"

My character's spaceship would basically be the spaceship equivalent of a box truck refitted for smuggling and speed.
Of course it is! Knock yourself out

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed May 30, 2018 1:24 pm

TehMagicPudding wrote: ↑
Wed May 30, 2018 3:06 am
Would a character having a spaceship be OK? I'm thinking of making a character based on the idea of "What if, instead of becoming a hero, Star Lord became a straight up mercenary, came back to Earth, and used advanced space technology to become a criminal?"

My character's spaceship would basically be the spaceship equivalent of a box truck refitted for smuggling and speed.
Yep, what Azra said. Live it up!

Red Ghost

Post by Red Ghost » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Can we do something about the approval for new characters?

>·> feels like it's taking a bit too long but it's understandable that approvers can't be on all the time.
🌹"The crisis of today is the joke of tomorrow" 🌹

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:39 am

Ghost Spider wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:50 pm
Can we do something about the approval for new characters?

>·> feels like it's taking a bit too long but it's understandable that approvers can't be on all the time.
I know what ya mean. It's really frustrating to have to wait for approval. But I have also seen people just go on with their plans sometimes if the council is taking too long.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Hm. Let's institute a policy that if it's been 48 hours without council approval of a character, people can bump their thread one time and request council members look at it. I think that balances respecting council time with making sure things don't get forgotten.

Mae

Post by Mae » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:59 pm

So in the comic universe, can we just make a new thread which is a new location to begin another plot? And others can join and rp?

she bleeds tears of gold

Red Ghost

Post by Red Ghost » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Mae wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:59 pm
So in the comic universe, can we just make a new thread which is a new location to begin another plot? And others can join and rp?

she bleeds tears of gold
Yeah but you can also post in already listed locations (which typically are open for everyone unless specified)

Making a new thread for an rp is commonly used for one on one private interactions or events that effect universe history to a certain degree.
🌹"The crisis of today is the joke of tomorrow" 🌹

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:54 pm

Mae wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:59 pm

she bleeds tears of gold
In general if you're going to make a location, it's because you want it to be an ongoing place where multiple things can happen that may or may not involve you. For the most part, they're labors of love. If you're going to do a real-world location, keep it true to the real world - there are a couple real-world-but-different locations that were made early and have been grandfathered in (like LA), but in general if you want to make a city that really exists, make it like the one that really exists. A few minor differences are fine, like if you want there to be a Superhero Sandwich Shop or something, but don't change the vibe. Also, check to make sure no one else has already done that city.

If you don't want to do a real-world location and just want to do a create-your-own-Metropolis, that is also fine. There are several of those (Ashfall City, Solar City, Millennium City). Again just check what exists so you're not doubling up.

If you just want to RP with someone, you can use the "Do you want to RP thread" or Discord to find a partner, and choose one of the existing locales, or start a new closed interaction, or join one of the open interactions that's already there (read those first and make sure they aren't too far in and that your character fits the vibe).

NCwolfGirl

Post by NCwolfGirl » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:32 am

I am new to this. PLZ HELP MEH!!

Sent from my (Standard system devices) System devices using Role Playing Forums v3.0.5