Breach OC

Out of Character chatter and the section rules/announcements.
illirica
Sandbox Mod

Breach OC

Post by illirica » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Keep notes on what's going on, Harry, in case anyone has questions. Oh, sure, what a great idea. How come I always get stuck with the paperwork?

Why me?

So, what's going on? Uh, okay. So I guess the Foundation so far has all been like "No one can synergize with Councilman Strings because he's a bloody nutter, which is why we keep him at L-9."

Yeah. Except then Agent Cantrille's just like "...Hold my anomalous coffee" and here we go.

And now the Foundation's all SurprisedPikachu.gif.

So, we got notified a little bit after it started that L-9 kinda got itself yeeted back into our dimension, where L-6 used to be, so I guess I'm real glad L-6 got moved a month ago. Anyway, things went bang, we kinda noticed at L-6 that we're missing a couple things. Like, Leviathan class things. That's probably an issue.

Leviathan decides to take care of it, except for some reason she's like "I'll just send a bunch of people that 833 has bonded with because surely THAT will not go horribly wrong."

Not that I'm questioning her decision or anything, but, like, maybe someone should have seen that last one coming.

Right now there's some vampire guy loose in L-9, and so 833 sent 908-A to go murderize him, as you do. I can't decide if I'm on Team Edward for this fight or not, but it'll be, uh, interesting. He's probably already been exposed to 571, but I don't know if anomalous infectious diseases work on vampires or if the sparkles act as a shield or something. More later, I guess. I'm gonna need some coffee if I'm taking all the notes.

Not that coffee.

lowlaville

Re: Breach OC

Post by lowlaville » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Let's join ACF again, because why not?
I'm going to ask if Llama has spot in this thing, which may or may not happen and that's fine. Meanwhile a grumpy robot is going to head towards L-9 and kill all the anomalies.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:30 am

Right. So, as we already established, no one's got any idea what's going on. Someone who thinks interns need more work to do suggested I make up a quick reference list of all the anomalies in play in this thing, because apparently I have not got better things to do with my time.

Great.

Anyway, here we go:

ACF-243
What is it?
It's a memetic, which means it... ugh, okay, it doesn't mean it gets in your brainspace and makes you do funny stuff, and I could write a whole paper on why that's not precise, but for right now let's just say you can basically look at it that way. This one's pretty nasty - when you look at it, you want to keep looking at it. You forget whatever you were about to do, kinda like when you walk into the room to get your keys and then stand there like a moron with no idea what you were there for, right? And you think as long as you're there, you might as well look some more. And as you do, you start forgetting other things, like... who you were. Or why it's maybe not a good idea to stare at the thing. And then you forget everything except the pattern, and you stare at it until you die of starvation or dehydration or exposure.

We try not to let it get that far. Looking at it's bad, okay, but it's not actually that hard not to look at it or stop looking at it if someone makes you stop. I guess it's sort of a thing at L-6 to take the interns down there and toss something in the room for them to retrieve and then watch them forget it, thank you, Agent Tanner, it wasn't that funny.

707 can protect against it even if people do look at it, though, which is probably good.

What does it look like?
Patterns. It's just patterns. Kinda fractal-y swirly? I guess it depends on the medium. Right now it's patterns in the snow.

Where is it?
Outside the hole in the snowfield.

Hey, look at that, fancy formatting and everything. I'm the best intern ever.

ACF-612: "Ice Storm"
What is it?
As the name suggests, it is a storm of... ice. Yeah. You don't need a genius to figure that one out, but here I am anyway. The ice shards are razor sharp and can cut through quite a lot of things, like people. And houses, incidentally. Apparently it was hanging out up in the north of Russia before we secured it, just cutting its way through little towns, killing everything in its path. It seems to focus on moving things - it's not exactly sentient, but it's got some sort of response to motion, and its response to motion is to try to kill stuff.

What does it look like?
Stormy, with ice in it. Look, I don't have a whole lot of descriptors to work with, here, you can probably imagine it pretty well.

Where is it?
Positioned directly above the hole that leads to L-9, just inside the memetic ACF-243 field.

So, there's your outside stuff. Oh, except you know what else is outside? Couple things:

ACF-404: "Pollux"
What is it?
Er, he. What is he, anyway. He's an anomalous agent, which basically means he's person shaped (look, I am simplifying, okay? I know it's not 100% accurate). He's got the ability to make iron weapons at will from his blood. For some reason no one ever complains about this being icky? Dunno. Anyway, most recently he just got his brainspace overridden by 833 and started trying to attack the people up there. I'm not sure exactly what she told him, though, because he's not the sort to leave people alive. Kinda makes you wonder...

Well, it's not really my place to make personal observations, I guess. Anyway, Agent Cotta took him down so hopefully he won't be a problem any more.

What does he look like?
Tall, dark, and broody.

Where is he?
Just outside the memetic field, with all the party people.

ACF-707: "The Butterfly Effect" / Dr. Greta Darsi
What is it/she?
Uh, it's a reality bender, which basically means it... does whatever it wants to. It's pretty friendly though.

What does she look like?
A young researcher who's surprisingly kinda cute. Also, like butterflies. She's both the butterflies and the person. Things get weird, with reality benders.

Where is she?
Wherever. Literally.
'Kay, that takes care of the outside stuff. Gonna get another cup of coffee and then I'll run up the interior. I'm gonna give Hack a run for the title of most coffee consumed.

Speaking of, he's not here any more. Yeah, that was a big problem. Magdela's been using a lot of great expletives, and not even [expletive], either. He was here, now he isn't, and we've completely lost contact.

We all know 833 pulled him. I just... hope he can help.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:43 pm

Don't you have files to update, Harry? Why don't you go do that, then?

I swear, if I weren't here, this whole place would fall apart. Er. Not literally. I did not mean that literally. Please, do not take that as a suggestion.

I don't think she can hear me, anyway. Not since that last bit. I'm getting ahead of myself. Sorry.

Okay: L-9 Anomalous Update Version 2: Interior Decoration Boogaloo.

ACF-571: "Frostbite"
What is it?
It's an anomalous disease. There's a couple strains, this one is transmitted by... er, basically anything. I think that right now, with 833's influence, it's pretty much being transmitted by entrance into L-9, meaning anyone who comes in has it, which means unless you've got some sort of protection... congratulations, you're probably dead. Er. Sorry about that, but that's how it is. If it makes you feel better the actual dying can take a little while - anywhere from a few minutes to a few weeks, so, uh... you might have plenty of time to get killed by something else first.

It starts out as chills, a cough, something like that. Common cold symptoms. Moving between temperature extremes kicks it into high gear. Towards the end it starts bleaching out hair and eye color, and the coughs turn bloody, you have trouble getting enough air, et cetera. There's a reason we keep these things contained, yeah?

What does it look like?
At eye level it's not visible, I think some of the researchers managed to isolate what it looks like under a microscope. I'll see if I can attach a file for future reference, if there is a future.

Where is it?
As far as we can tell, it's spread throughout L-9, but doesn't seem to be passing beyond the location's "borders," if there are borders.

ACF-908-A: "Leering Ace"
What is it?
An extremely violent entity, usually anomalously attached to Dr. Tristan Puzzlehoff (ACF-908), it pretty much just wants to murder everything. Dr. Puzzlehoff usually keeps it under control, but apparently either those bozos over at L-9 or those bozos over in Containment have rubbed off on him because a little while ago he thought it was a good idea to "give" 833 control of 908-A for some weird reason.

So, as we know because of Dr. Charleton, her control of these things basically never wears off, so 833 yoinked him into L-9 when the Breach happened. She's not directly controlling him, but she doesn't really need to - he's just going to murder anything he encounters.

What does it look like
Like a clown, in monochrome. Tall and skinny, and with claws. Basically nightmare fuel. Yeah.

Where is it?
On the upper floors, with some vampire guy and that weird thing that keeps eating everything. Neither one of those things is actually ours, for the record, so anything they do is not ACF's fault.

"Ithaqua???"
What is it?
Uh... I think it's a lovecraftian eldritch deity? L-9 people would know more about it but they're a little hard to reach right now. 833 just sorta... summoned it. I don't think we knew she could do that. Actually I'm pretty sure she couldn't do that, except Strings can do that, and so if he can do it, she can do it, because of Weird Feedback Loop. Yeah, we knew about Weird Feedback Loop, it's the same thing that's been letting her just infect and disinfect herself with the inert 571 strain from SV-4 during Containment Project missions, because why put on a hat for disguise when you can just change your entire appearance via infectious disease? Anyway, its presence here sort of implies that anything Strings can do, she can do.

That's not a good thing.

What does it look like?
Tall, white (snow white, not like, caucasian-white), slender. The area around it is snow and ice, and mostly it's noticeable by the quiet. The silence kind of overrides all other noises, making the place where it is one big hush. Probably means you can't even hear the screaming.

Where is it?
Lowest floors of L-9, way down in the basement

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:15 pm

I can't do this one ICOC right now, but just to wrap up that last post of Laine Is Hard To Understand:

Daud's reality pathway is very stable.
[Laine liked that], kind of, sort of, maybe.

She's still in the green glowy circle Strings surrounded her with in her little room. She's bleeding on the floor, and the blood creates a memetic, which means if you look at it it influences you - the influence is just the phrase "This is very wrong." Interpret as you will, when/if anyone gets there.

Strings will be back Soon.

Tremor broke the floor but not my tongue-mushrooms, they're still around on the edges of the room, or they were always on the edges of the room, because reality is weird. The pieces of floor were neatly stacked in the corners, or never were - again, weird reality.

The hole drops down into Tudor London, which is an anomaly collected by ACF during the "Reality Bleeds" event. There's no people in it, just buildings and fog. You can go down there or search for another route, up to you guys.

Laine makes another attempt to drive 707 (Butterflies) crazy. Also she makes an attempt to make Isaac go away, and there's a mental suggestion for Axiom and Tremor that Isaac is not to be trusted. Again, sell as you will.