Of Love and War - Hero/Villain Interest Check

Out of Character chatter and the section rules/announcements.
Dead_Inside

Of Love and War - Hero/Villain Interest Check

Post by Dead_Inside » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:58 pm

Of Love and War

So this is an idea I have been working out in my head. Currently, working on alittle backstory/Lore and the information for my characters that will be involved in this scenario. But the idea for this RP is a city in California where Heroes and Villains go to “disappear” is about to be thrown into chaos by a very unlikely person. The City’s most beloved Mayor’s younger brother is looking to unite all Villains in the city and start an all-out war against the City’s Heroes.

The Mayor’s best friend and sister will be the main people recruiting Heroes but the Mayor’s brother and his Right Hand will be recruiting Villains. The Mayor’s best friend is one of a set of Superpowered Triplets, he and his sister want desperately to save their brother. The Recruiting Villain’s Right Hand! They are trying desperately to get him back and stop the bloodshed that will happen if this war actually takes place but they will need as much help as they can get.

There will be two threads operating at the same time if there is interest. One for the Villain Recruitment Storyline and another for the Hero Recruitment Storyline. Once those that join the RP have been recruited, those two Threads will “close” and everyone will move to the Main Storyline Thread that I would then create. I may make a tweak or two to the Storyline as well in the process.

This Thread is just to see if there is any interest. Any takers? :) Also please let me know if this isn't the right place for this.
I'm usually most active on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Minimally actives the rest of the week but I can find a way if RPs are going very well and I need to be around. Addicted to RPing and RP almost anything. ALMOST! There are limits. :D

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: Of Love and War - Hero/Villain Interest Check

Post by illirica » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:26 pm

It looks like you have a pretty definite idea of what you want for your RP, which is a good thing, but I don't know if it'll necessarily work out so well in Sandbox. Most people here are running their own OCs the way they want to run them, so the events that work best are the ones that let people just drop in and be themselves, rather than those who try to shoehorn characters into particular roles. That said, you're welcome to try it, but I might recommend something more flexible.

In general, the best way to get involved in Sandbox is to start by creating a character and then start joining in to some of the things that other people are doing to get a feel for how things go and what some of the other active characters are like, and get other people invested in your character. Once people have a good idea who you are and how you write, they'll be more likely to throw in to your things, because they'll have a better idea of whether their character will fit, or which one would fit best.

You're also more than welcome to come hang out on our Discord channel - a lot of RP stuff gets figured out there, it's one of the main reasons that the OC forum is so relatively quiet.

Like I said, if you want to give this a whirl, you can, but I sort of feel like with the way it looks like you've got roles and a storyline planned out, you might be better off running it in one of the other sections where the creator has a little more control over what happens in the RP, as opposed to Sandbox's more freeform nature.

Dead_Inside

Re: Of Love and War - Hero/Villain Interest Check

Post by Dead_Inside » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:19 am

Thank you for that information. I appreciate it. I'll move this idea to another forum. :) Could you delete this thread please? I can't seem to figure how to do it myself or the option isn't available for me. :)
I'm usually most active on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Minimally actives the rest of the week but I can find a way if RPs are going very well and I need to be around. Addicted to RPing and RP almost anything. ALMOST! There are limits. :D