[COMPLETED] [EVENT] [CLOSED] The First Seal — Detroit

Roleplay locations.
Post Reply
User avatar
Quirbles
Advanced Mod
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 am
Location: my house
Contact:

[COMPLETED] [EVENT] [CLOSED] The First Seal — Detroit

Post by Quirbles » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:49 am

Fiennes’ day of reckoning had finally arrived.

56 West Street, on the border of the Opulence and Commerce districts within Detroit. A quaint street, lined with storefronts and sidewalks that welcomed the incoming wealthy from the adjacent sector. A small checkpoint, relatively light in security, marked the official border between the districts; on the other side lay the Sandra Bridge, relatively unremarkable in appearance save the rapids of the artificially-made Leston River below it. Despite the cheery name, its past has been tarnished due to its status as a famous place to commit suicide; if the fall into the cavernous trench of water didn’t kill you, the incessant pounding against artifically-carved rocks by the rapids surely would. Its danger was something that Ailyn intended to make full use of.

With all of her party gathered, there was little left to do but wait for the convoy to arrive at its destination.

”The checkpoint guards have already been taken care of,” Mendoza stated to the people around her. Currently, they were on the roof of a closed-down diner, surveying the lit-up bridge and bollards.

”Wait for my signal. You’ll know when.”




An indeterminate amount of time passed. The people who’d accompanied Ailyn were most likely fucking about on West Street while the vessel stood diligently within the checkpoint booth, having since slipped on a MAVU guard uniform from the people who’d one stood where she was now. Getting rid of the evidence was easy; late at night, the possibilities of seeing a body fall off a bridge was near impossible. But people found a way to make this type of ordeal their business. They always did.

On the horizon, the convoy appeared in a slow crawl across the bridge. Ailyn readied the explosives detonator in her right hand, her thumb grazing the button with every swipe of the digit over the cold, red plastic. Soon.

The explosives in question had been on a small pouch upon the side of her motorcycle; bought for a pretty penny and appearing to be a simple round disk, the black-market explosives blended in perfectly with the pitch asphalt of the bridge. The convoy eventually came to a stop at the checkpoint, the driver of the armored car looking out the window at Ailyn.

”Clearance for Police Chief Fiennes.”

”Denied.” Mendoza replied, looking down at a clipboard that’d been left upon the booth’s counter.

”Excuse me?”

The man didn’t recieve an answer— or perhaps he did, in the form of 5 metal explosive plates detonating down the length of the bridge. The explosions rocked the cars above them and outright disabled most, completely leveling the booth and throwing Ailyn backwards with the debris. She landed with a very hard thud upon the blacktop, ears ringing as the emergency bollards at each end of the bridge shot to attention. One of the armored cars— she didn’t know which one— careened forth in an attempt to escape but only met the metal barrier, the hood caving inward as both rear tires lifted into the air for a moment before setting back down.

”GO!” Ailyn screamed out as loud as her hoarse voice could manage, hoping the people she’d trusted with helping her carry out this mission would actually hear her. The vessel cautiously made her way back to her feet, tearing off the guard uniform and unsheathing a machete from her leg scabbard before stepping forward in search of Fiennes.

User avatar
Mach2
Member
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:58 pm
Location: Frozen wastes
Contact:

Re: [EVENT] [OPEN] The First Seal — Detroit

Post by Mach2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:19 pm

With a passenger sitting on the back of her bike, even one with super-human abilities, Frankie didn't drive quite as fast as usual through the streets of Detroit. However, her speed never did seem to dip much below the legal limit. Her whirlwind tour had started in the Industrial District, but there wasn't much of interest to see there. She'd stopped only a couple times, to point out some of the larger manufacturing centres. As they reached the Boonies, her stops became more frequent. She had a small bit to say to Viroth about each location, and then they were off again.

"That's my house. You can meet my mom later if you want. But she might freak out."

"That's my school. Don't go there. You'll hate it. I hate it. Everyone hates it. The teachers are garbage and the students are idiots."

"That's the store I work at. The pay sucks, but it's close to my house and the neighbourhood isn't toooo sketchy."

As Frankie's bike sped down the streets, the atmosphere around them began to shift. Colours brightened, residential buildings faded away. In their place, shops and storefronts emerged. "This is the Commercial Sector!" she yelled to Viroth, over the noise of her bike's engine. "Everyone from Opulence comes shopping here!"

She decelerated somewhere along 56 West Street, killed the engine on her bike, and set the kickstand. "Keep your hood up," she said, though the warning was probably unnecessary. She pulled her helmet off and stepped off her bike. "See across that bridge?" she asked, pointing, "That's Opulence. I made it in once. My mum pulled some strings and got me security clearance to tag along on one of her interviews. Apparently renting an apartment for a month over there costs more than what most people make in a year. It's pretty, though. They've got gardens and rivers all over the-"

Whatever she was about to say was cut short. A loud noise echoed down the street, explosives detonating along the very bridge she'd just been pointing to. "Oh holy shit..." Frankie muttered, staring incredulously.

User avatar
Mastermind
Newbie
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: [EVENT] [OPEN] The First Seal — Detroit

Post by Mastermind » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:53 am

Ikor had very willingly listened to her descriptions as they'd went on, having to use his telekinetic hands to keep his hood pressed down invisibly to avoid it flying back when they rode. Nodding to most of her little pieces or giving a more verbal acknowledgement of each of them. Even the littler pieces were interesting, Ikor hadn't actually been to America or far from the mountains since he got here. Much of his knowledge came from, of all things, the internet, sneaking into places with computers, preferably public computers, and just researching like the dickens. Actually seeing these things and hearing from a person about them was a very different picture.

When she mentioned he could probably meet her mother he responded with, "Well that could be interesting thank you, though I wouldn't want to startle her too much."

He raised an eyebrow and the school part frowning, alright then, school, not a good place. Supposed to be a place of learning...but It sounded more like a mandatory attendance deal then anything else.

Hmmm, not toooo sketchy neighborhood she said. Sounded like sketchy still fit though. Didn't seem she was in exactly prime condition, but not exactly in horrible condition either.

And as they entered the commercial sector. He'd seen some interesting buildings on this planet, but one thing that never ceased to impress him was the height of buildings. He of course had seen things that reached stories, but usually that's because they were connected at roof and floor as a part of a more cavernous part of the tunnel. He had not truly visited anywhere with towering heights on Mars that was outside. Mountains were one thing, but things made by humans? That was different.

A warning about his hood came up and he pulled it forwards just a little extra, probably meant more people would either be looking around, or more likely to notice him. He kept attention on his five second precognition to make certain nobody would catch sight of the unusual appearance below the hood. He pushed himself off the bike as she got off and glanced up at the bridge with interest as she began describing details about it. He narrowed his eyes at it, and then the noise actually went off. Explosives may not have been a preferred form of weaponry on his planet, but the sound of a blast was still something he knew. Ikor was no hero, a warrior, a general, a god, but hero would not be a term he'd ever use for himself. He didn't stick to the rules of this world in the way they did. But he did admit he felt some bit of obligation to step in for the sake of the beings weaker then he.

"Tell me quickly please, should I help? Or you?" He asked feeling for his weapon should this be an attack as was his instinct. He looked at her quickly, he could feel himself ready to leap for them, take her up there if she so chose, and find out just what was going on...and potentially, as more of a side result, reveal his existence or at least questions on who he was if this turned out to be something he needed to actually take real action on.
"I can get us both up there in a moment but I cannot promise protection or that I could solve the problem, I don't know what's needed or a threat, disaster or attack. Just that I'm willing to help if you think I should."

User avatar
Annasiel
Administrator
Posts: 5456
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 am
Gender: Female
Location: Nearly sleeping.
Contact:

Re: [EVENT] [OPEN] The First Seal — Detroit

Post by Annasiel » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:04 am

Though she could not speak for Arthur, Dapple was indeed fucking about on West Street as Ailyn had suspected. She sat cross-legged on the edge of the asphalt, ankle-length skirt spread out in a fan around her, attempting to see how high she could stack a tower of pebbles before it came tumbling down. Her mind was as far from the mission as possible. In vivid detail, she played over her memory of the man plummeting down to the car lot.

"Splat," she croaked. The tower fell over. She swept the pebbles into a pile close-by and began to stack them again.

"Splat." Again, the tower toppled. It was odd, thinking about the way he'd crumpled. Not quite distressing, but grounding, a harsh reminder on the fragility of bodies. They splatted so well.

She built up the tower. The man in her head fell.

BOOM.

The carrenwing jumped from sitting to standing in an instant, eyes darting around for the source of the noise.

"GO!"

Oh, right. The mission. She scurried out after Ailyn, walking into a maelstrom of heat, debris, and noise. It was not good. Not one bit. She didn't like it at all, shielding her face against the flames, attention vigilant for the bad man. Fiennes, he'd been called. His face was burned bright into her mind, immediacy of the mission bringing it to the forefront. Distracted, she stumbled onward, almost tripping on a piece of debris. No, wait. An arm. At the end of the arm was something shiny and black, bent in the shape of an L. Dapple bent down to pick it up. A gun? Yes, a gun. That was what this thing was called. She turned it over in her hands. It was relatively simple, with a few switches and a large, curved trigger.

"Hey! You!"

Dapple's head jerked up just in time to see the uniformed man draw his own weapon, flicking a switch on the side. The left side of his face was covered in blood, and his eyes were trained on her face. His finger flexed. She jumped away with a squawk. Something fast and hard ricocheted against a barricade beside her, whizzing off somewhere in the distance.

Mimicking the man's own stance, Dapple popped up from her shelter, fluidly copying the draw, flick, aim, and pull. It jerked in her hands. The hard thing screamed through the air, thudding into his shoulder and sending him reeling back.

"Good gun," she muttered, rubbing the top of the barrel soothingly.
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

User avatar
Deus Mortis
Sr. Member
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:06 am
Contact:

Re: [EVENT] [OPEN] The First Seal — Detroit

Post by Deus Mortis » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:57 pm

Fortunately for Dapple, Arthur was a pretty competent driver. He went through the notion of starting a car up, checking the (very broken) mirrors, making sure the brakes worked, etc. The drive to 56 West Street was uneventful and the music on most of the stations was repetitive or just unappealing.

Little Uzi? What an odd name. Whatever happened to Two Pacs or Big E?

The meeting of the crew was a short one, with Ailyn simply reminding Dapple and Hampton of what they needed to do once the convoy came. Blow up a bridge here, kill a corrupt Chief there, and boom, the mission would be over and they could all go spend the night in a pub for a job well done.

Oh, and speaking of booms.

BO- Actually, you probably know about the big explosion on that bridge.

Flame and shrapnel littered the street while chunks of the West Street Bridge cracked and fell. The convoy had been reduced to a ghost crew as many of its vehicles lay on their sides, their occupants either wounded in some capacity or outright dead. To make things worse, their escape routes were blocked by the bridge bollards, with an additional obstruction caused by a total SUV to the front.


The entire scene got an eyebrow raise out of Arthur who had not seen an explosion of this scale in quite some time. They were always a fun sight to see but being caught by one must have been much more horrifying. Especially to the average person in the middle of an urban city in one of the world’s strongest nations.

How unfortunate.

Just as one of the SUVs had tried to do, another vehicle potentially harboring Fiennes began driving, maneuvering around the wreckage as quickly as it could in some vain hope of escaping Ailyn’s Crew. Desperation must have been kicking into whoever was driving as, like the SUV from before found out, there were bollards blocking most of the exit. Somehow driving off of the bridge would be a task with unlikely success...but then again, Arthur has seen some very unlikely things in his life.

From on top of an ice cream cart, Arthur would materialize an incredibly heavy javelin into his grasp, being an unwieldy thing for any mere man to hold, much less throw. Even so, with a practiced motion, he extended his left arm forward while winding up the javelin behind him with his other arm.

Hopefully this won’t hit Fiennes.

With great speed and strength, Arthur would chuck the javelin forward, sending it hurtling through the air in a blur. If his aim was well, the javelin would pierce the back of the SUV’s window, cut a path through the engine block from the dashboard, and embed itself through the ground, stopping the SUV dead in its tracks.

User avatar
Mach2
Member
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:58 pm
Location: Frozen wastes
Contact:

Re: [EVENT] [OPEN] The First Seal — Detroit

Post by Mach2 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:46 pm

"Uhhh…"

She stayed frozen for a half a second, trying to process Viroth's question. What could they do to help? She didn't even know what threat they were dealing with. The bridge had just exploded. It looked like it was on fire in places. And there were people stuck in their cars, and... "Yeah. Yeah, let's get down there," she confirmed.

Frankie shoved her helmet back onto her head. She didn't know if she would be needing to use her shockwaves or not, but it was better to prepare now. "Get people out of their vehicles and off the bridge," she instructed Viroth.

Until they could figure out why the attack had happened, they were going to be most effective as damage control. But 'why' was a question that was weighing on her mind. This was Detroit. It could be random. A terrorist attack. But it could just as easily be part of something bigger. Her stomach sank. Were more explosions a possibility? She hoped not. "And let's move quick," she added.

User avatar
Mastermind
Newbie
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: [EVENT] [OPEN] The First Seal — Detroit

Post by Mastermind » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:19 pm

Viroth nodded, reaching out with one telekinetic arm to try and wrap around her and using the other to send them both through the air and towards the wreckage setting her down as carefully as he could when he landed himself. He saw a fight amongst others. A war amongst humans, not his place unless he were asked or had a reason was it. Still he felt a need to understand why they would do this? What was important to them to risk one another lives. He stood almost still his hood still down commenting to Frankie, "It seems we walked right into a battle, it really was intentional then."

What's more there was not truly any saving to be done...yet. Just five armored cars up here along with the wreckage form the explosion itself. He narrowed his eyes at them, eying each individual and the overall situation considering it as it went along. Should they really get involved? This was a battle yes, something he was good at. But these were humans as well, in a country not his own.

He looked at the battle and around for any ambushes. Some of these people were clearly more then human ability, well well well, already he had met a powered woman, and now was in the midst of a battle going on, he looked at Frankie, the invisible arms lifting up and ready to deflect firearms should they come their way, not something he would have been unused to if it happened. There were times when he'd tried to greet people and they returned the honor with bullets, and before that war had let him see plenty of projectiles. "But what now?" he asked folding his arms and frowning. He didn't want to interject for a lack of knowing what exactly was going on. He could shout for silence and discussion, but this was clearly a sort of ambush, assassination, theft, or jailbreak, he really couldn't tell which just knew those three were on the table. But none of those told him if he should side with either of them or who if he did.

User avatar
Azra
Bronze
Posts: 1335
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: [EVENT] [OPEN] The First Seal — Detroit

Post by Azra » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Talon bought herself a smoothie in the district and picked up another knife for her collection. Didn't seem like anyone in the party was to interested in hanging out or chatting before the mission. She would of liked such a thing of course, help figure out who the team was. Sense nobody wanted to hang out however once the redhead was done browsing Taylor sat near Dapple sharpening blades and watching the tumbling towers and listening to splats. With any luck there would be a lot less splattering on this mission. "Ailyn can you keep the casualties low this time?" Taylor was just a tag along she knew but she had to at least ask. The idea of shitty people dying didn't bother her that much she did however value life and so far wasn't a killer. A lot of people became who they were do to circumstances more then just being shitty people. Granted she herself was no saint, when it was getting close to show time Talon started to walk along the bridge.

She enjoyed the chill night the fact staff was low and so she got to walk around in black and with an abundance of knives like she preffered. A final slurp on her drink and then it came the air trembling concrete rumbling sound of explosions and a collapsing bridge. Not all that far ahead of her it made her head hurt even with the earplugs she'd had in. Fire and smoke danced about against the night sky and in contrast to opulent buildings in the background. Was a fitting view, corruption burning way Talon saw it. It also looked better than the real thing, as bad as a bridge falling and tossed about armored cars were it was better that then crumbling buildings and gang wars in the streets. Walking to the edge she looked over to find one of the armored cars amongst debris and fire.

A guard shoulder checks the door forcing it open. His hand is quick to go for his gun, a side arm to use against assailants. That is until his grip lets up jolted out of a hold as a knife I beds into his wrist. The scarlet haired figure dropping soon after onto the figure. Her abilities were few but one was a help in avoiding fall related damage. Bones crack shoulders going to need surgery probably to have full movement again. Position is bad his back hits the door making it hard to stand. Isn't long before the guard is down in a slump Taylor getting to her feet no problem. She checks the car two wounded in the back seat passenger though is getting out. "Freeze."

"You should help them to a hospital instead." Taylor remarked as a pistol began to train on her head.

"Drop the weapon miss" reluctantly she did so taking a second to check where he was at and then the knife in her hand fell. Dropping right beside her foot where she kicked the blade under the car and into the foot of the guard. He squeezes the trigger while falling back his aim thrown off enough that though she feels the very heat of the bullet that passed by her face. Hopping over the hood of the car she withdraws another knife, blade was thin almost more like a needle it dives through the nail the finger tip and then lightly into the trigger itself. Making further gunfire agonizing to attempt flipping the knife in her other hand she strikes with the handle against his brow to make consciousness difficult to maintain. She would of much rather he look after the wounded but if he wasn't going to she obviously had to remove him from combat. It seemed like others might be showing up already as heroes and metas so often did. She just hoped they attempted conversation rather than go for the punch first routine.

User avatar
Mach2
Member
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:58 pm
Location: Frozen wastes
Contact:

Re: [EVENT] [OPEN] The First Seal — Detroit

Post by Mach2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Oh shit oh shit oh shit. The second that Tremor had confirmed they would be joining the disarray on the bridge, she felt a hand grab her. And then she was airborne, launched towards the bridge by an unseen force. Her stomach lurched, and she was certain this would be how she died. But before rational thought could win out, her feet touched down gently on the bridge. She looked at Viroth, wide-eyed, for a second, and then collected herself once more.

There was fire, debris, and panic. People were leaving their vehicles, rushing to get off the bridge in whatever direction was closest - whether it was Opulence or the Commercial side. Tremor's eyes scanned the crowd, searching for somewhere she could be useful. "But what now?" she heard Viroth ask.

A deafening CRUNCH of metal against metal answered the question. Tremor spun around to face 56th street, where the noise had come from. There were armoured vehicles there, and one looked to be in exceptionally rough shape. A giant spike had pierced the body of the vehicle, pinning it in place against the bridge like a thumbtack holding a scrap of paper. "Those vehicles," Tremor instructed. A small part of her brain was dimly aware of the fact that she was bossing around a god, but there were other things to worry about. "Defend them. That's what they're going after."

She didn't know who they were, or what was inside the vehicles. Nor had she seen the source of the metal spike. There was too much going on to process everything. But Tremor made her way over as quickly as possible. When she reached the vehicle, she knocked on the window. "Everyone okay in there?" she called out, her eyes still scanning the bridge for threats.

User avatar
Mastermind
Newbie
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: [EVENT] [OPEN] The First Seal — Detroit

Post by Mastermind » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:38 am

Viroth looked ahead to see the attackers as he heard Tremors response. Very well, he would defend them then. He started walking, a massive hooded man with long strides far quicker then most humans would run. He began towards Talon first, his Yukar entering his hand but not yet activating, simply remaining a stick before he spoke to her his hood still on his head but his unusual face and first three horns apparent blow it,
Image
"Stand down woman, your allies as well."
The blade appeared, a force rappelling anything it touched as he focused on making it exist, two "blades" one on each side of it, ready to move in an instant as he stood just steps away from her, "Stand down, or stand to me!" he said loudly, looking to the others present, to the man who threw the javelin, the man with the machete, to anyone else not within the vehicles, before returning his gaze to Talon the one he had approached first. No reason in particular it was her he chose. However it was a necessity to choose an individual, it brought more attention, it forced them to notice you. Of course, strategically, he knew it best to simply slaughter them then. But that was not the way that was right. He was told to defend the trucks, and he would do so, protect their lives. But while perhaps they were killing others, he wasn't going to kill them unless they forced him to.

"Combat may be my preference, but I will accept negations if this fighting ends." Ikor said, however his grip on the Yukon adjusted, as did his stance, ready at any moment. Preparing for combat. "But if it is a fight, I am ready." of course the weapon itself was hardly something good to protect the trucks and its passengers. Rather he was preparing his telekinetic arms to do that work for him, indestructible, invisible, and instant in movement until they became solid. They were the perfect defensive mechanism for him while he kept them focused on his offensive threat.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests