[Req] The Devil's Daughter

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
BlondieBoy
Bronze

Re: [Req] The Devil's Daughter

Post by BlondieBoy » Fri May 18, 2018 3:35 am

Name: Max Perinel

Title/Nickname: Captain of the Guard/ Cerberus

Role: Captain of the Crown's Personal Guard

Loyalty Level: Cerberus would throw himself and the rest of the Guard in front of an army if it meant the Crown would survive.

Personality: Max is a very jovial man for the most part. He never takes himself too seriously in day to day life and makes sure that others know most of what he says is to be taken with a grain of salt. Only when addressing superiors such as Her Majesty does he drop into his more serious self, following orders to the last T. He's very energetic and even in the midst of high stress situations he finds time to make jokes, while still giving the situation his undivided attention. The survival of the Crown is his most important goal, and he takes his oaths very seriously.

Bio: For generations the Perinels have taken Oath to protect the Crown as Captain of the Crown's Personal Guard. Since he was young, his father taught him the ways of the Guard so that one day he could take over as an overseer. To watch the Guard and to watch the Crown, and make sure that the Crown stays well protected at all times. He never traveled to other kingdoms, instead he was introduced to different tavern owners and inn-keeps throughout Orandel to better acquaint himself with the people so that he may pass along their wisdom to the Crown.

He was well versed in sword play and tried his best to teach it to the mediocre King Miden. Unfortunately Miden never took to the sword. Perhaps if he had his body would have been in a healthier condition than it was. Perhaps he wouldn't have fallen deathly ill.

Still though, Max served King Miden as best as he could and was distraught when the man died. He had sworn oath to the crown, and so when first his daughter took the crown his first words were "How may I serve you, your Majesty?"

Appearance: Image

Extra: He has a great fondness for sweets.
Gay Owl Ship

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Fri May 18, 2018 3:37 am

2 looks to sweet and innocent, which seems to contradict what you described the Queen as being.

4 looks more like she would be snobby and a tease but otherwise she looks like she would still be sweet in her own way. So still seems like a contradiction.

3 looks pretty good.

And I actually really like 1, but it's just that the pic looks really rough.

Sorry that I haven't responded until now Mon. I'll try to have my character up tomorrow if at all possible.
Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Jhibus

Post by Jhibus » Fri May 18, 2018 11:26 am

#1 looks like she knows what she's doing. Looks cruel but doesn't look like a queen.

#2 looks more like a clumsy bride than a queen to me...

#3 looks like she practices magic.

#4 looks like she acts innocent but is actually cruel inside, but doesn't look like she knows what she's doing. Hm....

Depends what you're going to go for story-wise. Is the Queen going to be adept at ruling regardless of her morally-questionable methods, a crazy and whimsical ruler making poorly-thought-out choices and forcing her advisors to think up a way to make the choices work out, an inefficient ruler caring only about herself, or a witch dabbling in forbidden dark arts and sacrificing her pawns in rituals for the sake of power?
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

jehan

Post by jehan » Fri May 18, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm interested in this, if you happen to still be looking!!
Would you be interested in a court messenger character - someone to carry messages across the kingdom when the sender is too busy/unable to go themselves, or to take messages to other kingdoms? They could also potentially accompany the military when they go out to fight, to help deliver messages from the forces to the queen and back again, or basically do odd jobs required by the queen/other higher-ups that involve travelling long distances.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri May 18, 2018 3:19 pm

hm... as long as you're ok with being sent on random fetch quests to get random things she wants. lol
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

jehan

Post by jehan » Fri May 18, 2018 3:22 pm

That's definitely okay! I figured that would probably be my character's main role as a messenger!
I'll get started on a CS now - thank you!

Jhibus

Post by Jhibus » Fri May 18, 2018 3:48 pm

I'm suddenly reminded of the legend of Pheidippides, an ancient Greek soldier who ran 25 miles to Athens to announce victory for their country before promptly dropping dead of exhaustion.

... Best of luck for your character, jehan
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri May 18, 2018 4:10 pm

that's so sad T.T
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:49 pm

And thus the marathon was born, named for the city the runner started from.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

jehan

Post by jehan » Sat May 19, 2018 12:24 am

Hopefully my character will be safer than Pheidippides, then! Thank you Jhibus <3

Name: Patroklos Farthing
Title/Nickname: Patro, Farthing
Role: Messenger/runs fetch errands
Loyalty Level: Pretty high. He'll tend to do what he can to please, and will happily work in whatever capacity he's asked to - whether delivering messages, fetching things, or even reporting back events and gossip from other kingdoms. That said, his loyalty is more dependent on who'll let him keep his job, and treats him better - there's nothing to say that, if offered a better opportunity by a challenger or another kingdom, Patroklos wouldn't turn to spying on Orandel.
Personality: Seemingly demure and meek, Patroklos is good at fading into the background. It's a trait that serves him very well in his work, allowing him to pass unnoticed through dangerous terrain, and to overhear conversations that he probably shouldn't. When actually engaged in conversation, though, he's well-mannered and friendly.

Bio: The third, and youngest, child of a lower class farming family, Patroklos was never really his family's priority. After a particularly bad harvest, when Patroklos was four, meant that the Farthings were unable to afford food, Patroklos was apprenticed off to a diplomat who was passing through, in exchange for enough money to get the family through the winter. The hours as an apprentice diplomat were long and hard for a young child, and he had to learn quickly how to travel light and fast, and keep out of trouble. Still, it meant that by his early teens, Patroklos was a skilled messenger, able to travel long distances with ease, either on foot or horseback.
He was also tutored to read, write, and speak several languages - all of the ones he'd need to be able to translate a message to or from Orandel, and a few more for good measure - and in basic swordcraft, to be able to defend himself and protect the message he's carrying. He prefers to rely on his speed and stealth, though, to avoid confrontation in the first place.
He was hired into the court of Orandel at the age of 15, delivering important messages across the kingdom and carrying them back. He's grown to be quite well liked in several courts, for his pleasant mannerisms.

Appearance:
ImageWith round features and the long, gangly limbs of teenaged growth spurts he hasn't quite grown into, Patroklos can easily pass for someone a lot younger than his nineteen years - and, frequently, does, pretending to be a child travelling alone to avoid suspicion. He's slight, thanks to his job primarily involving running or riding long distances, with strong legs. His hair is on the long side, falling just past his ears, a soft brown colour; his eyes are pale grey. There's a small spattering of freckles across his nose and cheeks. His youthful, very slightly feminine appearance - coupled with a soft, somewhat high-pitched voice - has even made some people question whether he's secretly a girl, pretending to be male to continue working as a messenger... but that's just a rumour, right?
Despite making good money for his work, Patroklos dresses in quite neutral, drab colours, passing himself off as a travelling peasant, to avoid being seen as a good target for thieves, as he travels alone. He wears a long, grey-green travelling cloak with a tunic and brown, lightweight boots that he can run in easily. There's a small sword concealed at his waist but he avoids using it as much as he can.
When he's at home in the kingdom, he usually dresses a tiny bit more formally, although not terribly so - he doesn't care to put on airs and graces, or to try to elevate himself to a higher position in the court. It's rare to see him in anything that doesn't make him look very much like a farmer's son.

Extra: Owns a pony named Leif that he uses for his long distance travels: a pale brown colour, its coat is quite long and Patroklos avoids dressing him up highly, so he looks like a peasant's pony. He'd never win a beauty contest but Patroklos is incredibly fond of him, and he's very capable of travelling long distances with ease. If Leif were to be at all harmed by the queen, or someone serving the queen, Patroklos' loyalties would change very quickly.