Forgotten Vampires

Maxx
Platinum

Forgotten Vampires

Post by Maxx » Mon May 14, 2018 1:04 am

A teenage girl wakes up by the side of a road with no memory of who she is or how she got to be there. She has two marks on the side of her neck. She is wearing leggings and a dress, both of which are dirty and slightly ripped. On the ground near her is a jacket that belongs to her. Inside one of the pockets is a phone, a piece of paper with an address and a sheet of paper. The paper reads the following:

October 18 2017
My name is Summer. I am human. I am 15. My birthday is October 28. Vampires exist. I was kidnapped and kept prisoner by a small group of them. That was September 25. There are at least two, I don't know if there are any more. I am fed and treated well except for when I break the rules. If I do, I am punished. The vampires feed from me. I am kept in the basement and am not allowed upstairs. There is another human here. He is older than me. He tried to escape. Both of us were punished. I miss my mum. I am going to escape. I have a piece of paper with the address of the house the vampires kept me in. I will try to rescue the other human if I am able.

Upon looking at her phone, the girl sees it is October 20. There is a bump on her head, and cuts and bruises over her arms, as well as old-ish and fresh scars. Summer stands up, nearly falling over as one of her legs gets tangled in long grass. She limps over to a nearby lamppost and leans against it, trying to work out what to do. She doesn't know where she is, where she was going, or even the password to her phone. She could go to the address on the piece of paper, but again she does not know where that is. Anyway, wasn't that where she was trying to escape from? She stays where she is for the moment, considering her options.
She felt like a leaf trapped in a storm, blown one way by his words, and another by his actions.

jehan

Re: Forgotten Vampires

Post by jehan » Wed May 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Bootsie Meadowcroft did not like vampires.

This was a conclusion he'd come to not only because of the way they'd infiltrated the young adult genre - au contraire, he thought Robert Pattinson was rather attractive, and Anna Kendrick seemed like the kind of person Bootsie would love to hang with. No, Bootsie's dislike of vampires came from much more personal experience.
See, the thing was, when Bootsie imagined how he'd be spending the sixteenth year of his life, he hadn't exactly planned on it being in the basement of some psychopathic vampires (although maybe that was redundant; were vampires human enough to be diagnosed psychologically? Bootsie suspected that was a question for another time). Then again, he thought ruefully, as he rubbed the marks on his neck where he'd last been fed from, sometimes life didn't go the way you wanted it to.

He pulled his knees to his chest, picking at a loose thread in his jeans. His parents would be horrified if they knew the state his clothes were in. Actually, they'd probably be more horrified that he was being kept captive by vampires, but still. Lorelai and Ivor Meadowcroft were always perfectly dressed, and they'd hate to see their son in dirty clothes - and Bootsie, used to growing up wealthy with a wide selection of clothes, couldn't say he was awfully fond of it, either.

There had been a girl here. Summer. She was younger than Bootsie, by a year or so, and that had kicked his protective instinct into action, determined to keep her safe, and get her out of here no matter what.
But she wasn't here now, and Bootsie hoped that meant her escape had been successful. If she was out, he wouldn't even mind if he ended up being punished for her leaving, like they'd both been punished when he attempted to escape. As long as Summer was safe, Bootsie could take anything they threw at him.
And now he just had to hope that she'd send help to get him safely home too - or at the very least she'd contact his parents and tell them he was sorry for not making it home when he'd said he would, so they'd know that he tried to make it back. He was very much hoping for the former, though.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 pm

Summer looks at the cars going past. She considers stopping one and asking where abouts she is. She's not sure, she has no idea who she can trust. "Fuck it," she mutters to herself. She limps over to the road, trying to get someone's attention. Eventually a car stops. Summer asks where she is, making up a story about someone abandoning her there. The occupant of the car tells her and asks if she needs to be taken anywhere. Summer thinks for a few moments, pulls out the piece of paper and asks if the place was near. The car driver says yes and Summer asks if they can drop her off near abouts there, but not to close. The driver says yes again and does so. After getting out of the car, Summer finds a bench and sits on it, considering what to do next.
She felt like a leaf trapped in a storm, blown one way by his words, and another by his actions.

jehan

Post by jehan » Thu May 17, 2018 7:39 pm

Perched on his bed, Bootsie pulled his knees to his chest. The basement wasn't very large, nor particularly well-furnished; there were the two beds, each one narrow enough that its occupant couldn't even roll over without falling over the edge, the coverings comprised of a thin blanket and single pillow each. Bootsie's blanket was pulled around his shoulders at the moment, his arms curled around his knees. As he bent his head forwards, his hair brushed against his knees. It had always fallen just below his ears, poofy and vibrant ginger, but malnutrition meant it was starting to lose its bright colour, and if it wasn't cut soon it'd get as long as his father's, all the way down to his shoulders.
He missed his family. He missed his home. He barely remembered anything about them, but he knew what his parents' faces were like, and what it felt like when they wrapped him in their arms or ruffled his hair and told him they were proud of him. He remembered his friends, and the way Fox would take his hand and tug him along on an adventure, or Cinn and Hawk would tease and laugh and drag him into whatever scheme they were plotting, or Zero would smile all shyly and look delighted as Bootsie signed a joke to him, letting out a soft little giggle that Bootsie couldn't quite hear but could see in the way Zero's body would quiver with his laugh.

The basement was quiet - especially now Summer wasn't here. Bootsie didn't like being on his own. He was used to not being able to hear well - of course he was, he'd never known anything different - but it'd never made him feel insecure and vulnerable like it did now, when he'd be surprised by someone opening the door to the room because he couldn't hear them coming down the stairs.
It wasn't like there was a whole lot he could do, even if he knew they were coming, but it would make him feel much safer, and that was better than nothing - but now that Summer wasn't here, he had no way of hearing them, and he lived in constant fear that any moment could be the moment they came back. His hands shook just a little, and he tugged the sleeves of his jumper over them, trying to quell the tremours.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Thu May 17, 2018 8:57 pm

David is lounging on the sofa watching TV on his giant flat screen, with his feet up on the coffee table. He is waiting for it to get dark enough to go out to look for that pesky female human, the one who escaped. He smiles to himself, picturing what he'll do when he finds her. He looks at the bag he had put down next to the coffee table. He should probably get off his arse to give it to the male human. Inside is a change of clothes that should fit - David figured Bootsie would probably want them, and he was getting fed up with having to see the guy in those clothes he was wearing at the moment, it kinda took away the enjoyment of feeding - and food. David can not be bothered to cook something for the human, so he is just gonna give him a shop brought baguette and a pack of cheese puffs. David picks up the remote and flicks through the channels, before putting on the end of some random thing that was before his favorite show. David gets off the sofa, and grabs the bag. He goes to the basement door, unlocks it, tosses the bag so it lands near the bed the human is sitting on, relocks the door, and goes back to the sofa to continue watching the TV.

Summer is feeling uncomfortable. Her appearance his attracting unwanted stares and attention from passers by. She scans the shops around her, and sees a clothes shop that obviously has low security. She goes in there, grabs jeans and a hoodie from a rack, and slips into the changing room to change into them. She transfers her phone and the pieces of paper into the hoodie before exiting the shop and finding a bin to dump her old clothes in. As she does, her phone buzzes. She looks at it. There is a text from a number she obviously doesn't recognise.
password:3451 hope ur okay mes...
Summer tries the password, and to her surprise it works. She opens the message to read it fully.
password:3451 hope ur okay message me when to get this remember you have the notes on your phone you showed me before getting hit by the car
Summer frowns, she obviously doesn't remember the notes or who it is texting her. She goes back to the bench she was sitting on and goes through her phone, trying to remember what she can by looking at the notes and memories stored on it

jehan

Post by jehan » Thu May 17, 2018 9:18 pm

The sound of the door opening made Bootsie jump, and he pulled himself into a tighter ball. Not that it would make much difference, he knew, but it made him feel better. But apparently, all the vampire wanted right now was to throw some sort of food to the end of the bed, and once the door had closed behind him, Bootsie uncurled, slowly approaching the bag as if afraid it might bite.
Still, once he'd picked it up, and seen the food inside, he grabbed for the sandwich, immediately tearing into it. God, he hadn't realised how hungry he was until now; it'd been hidden beneath everything else, and every single time he was able to eat he remembered once again.

Although it took a great deal of restraint, Bootsie didn't open the crisps. He couldn't guarantee when he'd be fed, and if he was going to be punished for Summer's running away, then he might not be fed for a while, and he needed a stockpile of food just in case. He tucked it into the only hiding place he had right now - under his pillow. There was already a couple of cereal bars there, and a pack of crisps. They weren't perishable, really, so he could keep them safe for a while before he'd have to eat them.

And a change of clothes. That was wonderful. Bootsie removed his own clothes and tugged the new ones on quickly, ever so pleased at the feeling of being in clean clothes. He folded his clothes in a neat pile, tucking it under his bed, and placed the bag next to the door so it could easily be collected by David or the other vampire.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Thu May 17, 2018 10:04 pm

On her phone, Summer finds selfies of her and a guy with floppy ginger hair. She guesses this is the guy she was kept with. Indeed, after scrolling through a few pictures, she finds the oldest one with a caption that reads: me and bootsie, day five of being kidnapped. Summer also finds some useful notes, which start to bring back forgotten memories.
28 September
I have been kidnapped by vampires apparently, as has another guy. He says his name is Bootsie. He is mostly deaf and we have been communicating by sign language mostly. Good thing I already know it, isn't it..........

2 October
My neck hurts. Its probably due to these fucking vampires feeding from me. There's nearly nothing to do here in this basement. The vampires haven't really given us anything to do at all. Mostly me and Bootsie just play the games on my phone. Surprisingly the vampires have kept it charged for me. Guess they ain't worried about me calling anyone, considering theres no signal down here.............

8 October
Pretty sure I'm gonna end up spending my 16th birthday here. Not exactly how I imagined it would end up being. In other news, my arm hurts like hell. One the vampires is fucking cruel or sadistic or something. He seems to enjoy punishing me when I do something he doesn't like, like when I swear at him or refuse to answer.............

Summer looks up from her phone to see its gotten dark. She quickly messages the number, asking if they could meet up and talk. A few minutes later, she gets a message saying where to meet the person. She gets up off of the bench and starts heading towards the place.

David stands up from the sofa and stretches. Its dark now, so he heads out to go look for that annoying bitch who managed to get past him a few days ago. He flashes a smile at a group of girls standing near the pub. They start bickering over who he was smiling at. David chuckles to himself. He loves that effect he has, and he loves making friends argue because of him. He passes the bench Summer was sitting on not that long ago. He looks around, seeing if he can spot anything. Poking out from one of the bins is the jacket that bitch had on when she escaped. "So," he mutters to himself. "She's managed to change clothes. At least I know she's around here somewhere than..." He searches around for a bit more, and not finding anything else, he heads to the shop to buy alcohol. Afterwards, he heads back to his house. He puts the alcohol on the table and turns the TV back on. He grabs one of the bottles of beer and starts drinking.

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Thu May 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Cain had spent most of the day fixing various problems they had been having upstairs. Leaky faucets, the refrigerator light not coming on, clogged drains. He had gotten the news from David earlier that the female human, Summer, had escaped from the house. Cain didn't really give that much of a reaction, other than telling David to "find her", which he figured David was going to do anyways. David had just left the house on account of it getting dark, so Cain went and cooked a small meal. A baked potato that was well buttered, a decently sized porkchop and a biscuit that he covered in some gravy.

Cain didn't eat human food, but he knew how to cook it very well.

He hadn't visited the Humans while they were awake before, he only fed on them while they slept. Regardless Cain was sure the Humans knew at least of his existence as another Vampire, probably by hearing him talk to David or shout at him from the staircase.

Cain rapped his knuckles on the downstairs door a few times, before slightly cracking it to say

"I'm just making sure that you're decent. My name is Cain, and I'm coming downstairs."

There was just honesty in his voice. Cain wasn't one to lie about anything really. When asked before if he was a vampire he said yes to the person and they didn't believe him.

When he opened the door and came downstairs he set the plate of food down along with a knife and a fork for the porkchop, on the table top. Cain pulled up a chair and told Bootsie,

"You can hide the knife and fork in here if you want to, but David will find them and he'll punish you. Then I'll have to stop bringing down knives and forks, which just makes eating a little more difficult." Cain gestured for Bootsie to pull up a chair, if he so wished.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Thu May 17, 2018 11:00 pm

When he had got in, David had guessed Cain was down in the basement with the human but didn't really care. Now, he has finished off his third bottle of beer and is getting bored with what is on TV. He goes through the music channels to find one playing a bunch of songs from bands he likes - Falling In Reverse, Skillet, Hollywood Undead - as well as his favorite rap artist. In fact, Ronnie Radke is the one hosting it. He's pleasantly surprised, the music isn't what people would usually put together. He turns the volume on the TV all the way up so the music is blasting from the speakers.

Summer learns a lot about the events of the past few days from the mysterious person - who's name turned out to be Jeff - as well as what she had told him about everything else. Jeff says that he had found Summer running as if the devil himself was chasing her. She had told him everything and he had let her crash at his place. However, yesterday, she had got run over and he had, like a coward, fled because the police were actually after him. After talking, Jeff suggests they go for a quick walk to get Summer food. As they leave the place they had met up, the police arrive and arrest Jeff, and he is never again seen in Summers story. Summer decides she should probably find a place to sleep. Jeff had given her money, but not enough to pay for a hotel room, so she decides to sleep on the bench from earlier.

jehan

Post by jehan » Thu May 17, 2018 11:12 pm

Curled up at the head of his bed - near his pillow - Bootsie jumped at the slight sound of someone talking. It wasn't loud enough for him to make out the words, because he'd have more or less needed them yelled for him to have even the slightest chance of making out the sounds, but it was just about enough to alert him to someone's presence. He looked up as the vampire entered, bright eyes a little wary.

He knew another vampire existed, because Summer had said she heard him, but he'd never seen him before. That made Bootsie even more anxious - why was this vampire coming to see him now? Was it because Summer was gone? Was he about to be punished for it?

But no, he'd brought food, and if that was a punishment it was the strangest punishment Bootsie had ever heard of, and he couldn't say he had any complaints, even if he was really rather confused about what was going on. Hopefully it would be explained. He just had to be obedient for now, and hope that it would be rewarded with an explanation.

In pursuit of obeying, he kept his eyes firmly fixed on the vampire's lips, doing his best to lip-read. It was a talent he'd become rather proficient at, and he nodded in understanding, pulling up a chair to join the vampire at the table. The food smelled amazing, but he looked up at the vampire, not wanting to get in trouble for eating without being given permission.
"I won't hide them," he said. Trying to not speak too quietly, but unable to hear his own words, Bootsie overcompensated and his voice was just a little too loud. "Thank you, sir."