eSports. Are they legit sports?

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
Jeremy
Swiggity Swooty

eSports. Are they legit sports?

Post by Jeremy » Sat May 05, 2018 1:29 am

The question is basically just the title. Do you think eSports such as LoL, Dota, CS:GO, Starcraft, CoD, Rainbow Six Siege, ect should be considered legit sports?

Snowskeeper

Re: eSports. Are they legit sports?

Post by Snowskeeper » Mon May 07, 2018 5:20 am

I don't see any reason for them to not be considered 'legit' sports.

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Re: eSports. Are they legit sports?

Post by ShaFlow » Mon May 07, 2018 5:33 am

They should and people really need to respect E-sports players for the amount of work that goes into it.

As a competitive Tekken player myself, the amounts of effort, with the work on both on physical and knowledgeable might go beyond physical sports...at least the mental and knowledgeable aspects of Esports.

Frame data...understanding 50/50's, getting the muscle memory down even after 1000 times of effort sometimes even the most simple of tasks take dedication. Not only that but the game itself is always a constant chess board. Having to know not only your own character, but your opponents, and how they interact with each other and every option your presented with; then you've go to know what moves are your characters best moves and the worst and what's "punishable on-" or "safe". Then goes the psychological aspect. Picking up on your opponents habits, being able to "read", trying to adapt to a switched play style mid-game the adjust your own...

This is only intermediate level tech. If you're not cut out for math, or analysis this kind of game isn't for you on a competitive level.

E-sports deserve just as much respect as any professional athlete, maybe even more due to the restrictions of the code and the skill gaps.

Of course my "argument" is based around my own experience within the FGC and doesn't reflect ALL E-sport titles.

Overwatch is another I'm into and being able to understand counters, have good aim and team composition are perhaps the 3 key points of getting good. Everything else is mostly tactical sense.
"Have you ever smelled a girls feet? Because I imagine, me and you could be doing that at some point..."