The New World: Hope

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Re: The New World: Hope

Post by JoJoTheClown » Thu May 17, 2018 5:52 am

"I dont care what you think it means." Will snapped as he looked over his shoulder towards Ami. "I know her voice.. That had to be her. " Will insisted as he turned back to the twins. A covered cough escaped his throat again, Will clearing his throat a few times before speaking. "That has to be her.. let me see the radio.. please." He pleaded before cutting eyes back to the bag as it crackled again "..s flower shop.." The words sticking in wills head, playing again and again. He was sure of it now, his hopes were at an all time high.

--

"Haven.. she.. she ran. We were being chased.. i didnt think wed both make it so i told her to go..." Miller paused as Mia spoke up, reluctant to help him for obvious reasons.. "Your friend here.. though.. Will die if she doesnt get help soon. She's choking. Either you help her or let me." Miller spoke as he looked between the teo girls. "But someones going to need to watch our back while we move.."

Wanderlusst
Bronze

The New World: Hope

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu May 17, 2018 6:19 am

Joey stepped between Miller and the two girls before she pulled out a water bottle, as she looked at Sin her gaze softened,"I gotcha,"she said before she crouched down and gently patted her on the back but firmly as Jo caught sight of the mucas she looked up at Miller,"We need to find Haven and now.. she's sick.."she said before she looked over at Mia,"Mia find a car now, Sin can't walk and neither can Miller from the looks of it, not far anyways,"she added before she pulled out another water bottle and set it beside Sin,"take some water when you're ready."

Joey kept the patting up as she waited for Sin to spit up the rest, however Jo knew she would need medicine.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu May 17, 2018 11:34 am

Sinclair continued her array of coughing fits as her chest started feeling like someone was hitting with a hammer. Every cough sent a wave of agony through her system as the blood pooled on her lips. Breathing was becoming more and more difficult and things were beginning to get wonky, air wasn't reaching her brain. The more she coughed the less breath seemed to fill her lungs and reach her brain. Bloody saliva and mucus dripped from her mouth as she felt herself being tugged on to stand up or something. Her hazy gaze settled on Mia and she couldn't even figure out who it was. Sin still tried to stand but that utterly failed as her body wouldn't move correctly. Her legs and arms gave out every time she tried to do something with them.

Voices..Voices reached her brain but she couldn't really make out what they were saying. All she could do was cough and choke trying to breath through the blood and mucus. Her eyes were glazed with agony as she sat on the ground unable to move. They moved towards someone that was speaking near her as that someone started patting her back. The blood and mucus kept flowing as she tried to get her breathing under control. Her mind began playing tricks on her...She swore the person next to her was...Angel? A pained and delirious smile tug at her lips as her body gave out fully and she slumped against the woman. There was much breath escaping her lips but what did was making an awful sound." An...an...ang....ange....angel..." Sinclair spoke through bloodied lips as she tried reaching a hand up towards Joey, a delirious look in her eyes.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu May 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Joey began to pat harder as it seemed Sin was still choking, the more she coughed though the better the chances she had of getting it all up. As Jo sat beside Sin, she waited for the fit to be over, when Sin finally did speak it wasn't something Joey was expecting,did she just call me Angel? she thought before she glanced at Miller and Mia.

As her gaze flickered back towards Sin, a small sad look came over her face as she shook her head,"No Sinclair.. it's me.. it's Joey.."she said softly, Jo didn't know what else to do other then to be honest.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu May 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Sinclair felt her body going limp as the lack of oxygen reaching her brain was causing her body to temporary shut down. The pain was immense as her chest felt crushed and her throat was burning horribly. Her arm slapped against the ground as it went limp and she didn't have the strength to move it anymore. Her eyes turned up towards Joey but her vision was clouded and alterted thanks to her brain. She didn't hear the words but the face she saw was similar to her dear Angel. Her breathing became worse as the sound she made trying to suck air in was like nails on a chalk board. Sin kept a smile as the words finally hit her delirious mind and she saw Joey now instead of Angel. Still a beautiful sight for what felt like she was dying.

Her gaze held pain and agony as it was glazed over and the woman was left laying against Joey. The dumb smile still played on her lips as she was left staring up at her." Sti....stil...still...a...a...lo..lovely...si...sig..sight fo...for the...ennndd.." Sinclair spoke as she felt her body shutting down for now. Her eyes dropped slowly as everything went black and darkness was all that was left. The woman's body was barely breathing at all, it was only trying to delay her death for now.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 pm

"Sin" Mia said concerned as the older woman feel to the ground and she began to back away, "What's going on?" she ask confused as she herself begins to hyperventilate. This couldn't nor shouldn't be happening, Sinclair was the reason they kept together they needed her. "Sin...Sin come on wake up" she says aloud, but the only response that was received was to Joey as Sin called her Angel.

The young girl gripped her hands into fist and shook a little, "she thinks your...someone else" she nods and glares at Miller for a moment before Sin speaks again. "Joey try doing CPR on her I'll go find a working car...and Agent Miller..." she turns to the man and frowns. "if my family dies you die" she spits out the words venomously before running off down the street checking each car along her way.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Thu May 17, 2018 11:58 pm

Riley was still suffering from his lightheaded and nauseous feeling, so instead of sitting up and digging through his backpack, he lightly pushed it over to River.

River cut an angered glance towards Ami when she demanded to be handed the property of the twins. She turned her head, ignoring the woman, and looked towards Will. She nodded quickly before opening the bag and digging around before pulling out a small handheld receiver.

"I'm not sure that it outputs anything, but it can channel in... almost like a car radio I guess. Or like a one way walkie-talkie." River explained, before passing it up to the man in front of her. "We haven't heard anything out of it in a while... we thought it was broken, but it looks like that's not the case." She continued on. "So... Haven... is that the person you're after?" She questioned, cocking her head and lifting an eyebrow.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Fri May 18, 2018 12:21 am

Will felt his heart sink into his stomach when River spoke. The chance of a response shot down in one scentence. "I.. i have to respond. She has to know im alive.." Will looked down at his feet, turning to the radio once it was placed in his hand. She was right, there was no ouput on the radio.. Will felt his hand squeeze the radio, the temptstion to smash it lingered in his mind. He decided against it. Looking at the radio for a moment before walking over to the drivers side of the van, sticking the radio on the dashboard. "Were leaving, get in." He called to them ad he started the van.

"Will.." Luke spoke out as he opened the passenger door. "Do you really think thats such a good idea?" Luke asked as his eye resd over the mans face. His expression told him everything he needed to know. With a sigh, Luke looked back at the rest of the group and got in the vehicle.

--

Miller watched as they both rushed to take csre of Sin. A threat was thrown his way before Mia dissappeared. "She needs antibiotics.." Miller called out. "Something.. some kind of medical care. Now." Miller said as he stepped over towards Joey and sin. "If you have anything.. she needs it. If not then we bees to find something." Miller wabted to tell them they should haul ass back to Eden... but he knew he couldnt go back.. unless Mia joined him. "Look.. Joey.. right? Eden has everything.. theres a chance of saving her.. i know what they did.. but if Mia comes back.. Hed let us live..probably.."

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Fri May 18, 2018 2:11 am

Ami ignored the look she'd gotten from the woman and sighed at her explanation, "She's...she was with our group and she and Will...were close" Ami answered the woman for Will and watched him. She felt sorry for him, she truly did because unlike her he still had hope. Putting on a tired smile Ami placed a hand on his shoulder softly before speaking in a somewhat positive tone, "Hey well you were right she's alive and you know what that means we go find her and save her" she nods giving his shoulder a light squeeze before turning to the make shift group.

"Alright I'm big enough to admit that I gave a bad impression of myself when we first all came together, but I am actually a nice person when it comes to it. Now that person on the radio was with Will and I's old group and knowing that she's alive we're going after her. Where we have to go is a fucked up place with fucked up people and I'm not asking you any of you to come with, so if you want out then we'll drop you off along the way but if you want to come with then be ready for a fight." she nods before turning from the group and walking back over to lay down next to her pack.

"WHAT IN THE HOLY NIGHT DO YOU WANT" a tired looking Harold growls out swinging his front door open and looking at the nervous looking guardsmen that stood on his front porch.

"Sorry to wake you, Mr. Curtis, but we heard gun fire coming from the nearby town followed by a radio signal from our Doctor" the older of the two says with a nod.

A moment of silence passes before Harold cracks a smile, "really...well I'm guessing that means our Doctor needs some help so...send a team out to pick up our Doctor if you wouldn't mind. Also if Mr. Miller is with her...bring him back for questioning." he nods and closes the door in the two's faces before turning to head into his office. Rummaging through some papers on his desk he grabs a file with the name Rebirth printed on it, he then grabs his radio and turns to channel 6. "Hello there, this is Mr. Curtis, I believe that I was wrong on holding off on the Rebirth...I have a team heading out to bring back our runaway doctor and my former second in command...when they are back I believe it'll be a perfect time to begin, over" he says then chuckles a little before switching back to the main channel.

"Our God who art in Heaven, give us strength and will so as to help us in moving forward to make this damned world one that knows that it was You whom have done this and that it only through Your Glory and Forgiveness that we will rebuild this world and ourselves in Your image, amen" he prays before exiting his office and returning to bed.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri May 18, 2018 6:41 am

Joey looked at Miller, a doubtful look crossed her face,"I don't think Mia is going to go willingly, plus my group is out here, we find Haven and she can help, she is a good doctor." Jo didn't want to go back to Eden, but she also didn't want Sin to die, as her gaze shifted towards where Mia had went she let out a small sigh before she looked back at Miller,"besides that place does nothing but take.."

-----

Pure silence. That's all Haven heard for the longest time before the walkie crackled, as she sat up she looked down at it, as she listened she could make out the words of Eden, it wasn't clear due to the distance but Haven made out her name. As she went to move she heard the a familiar screetching sound within a few blocks, danger was coming at her from all angles.

Thankfully she was still capable of moving, just not very fast. The woman slowly stood up, moving her things under the counter before she pulled out her gun, as she cocked it she breathed out slowly before rising to her feet. She knew she had a few hours before anyone made it to her, if the lack of gas didn't stop them then those creatures would, or least it would stall them enough for Haven to think of a plan.

She didn't make it to the other side of the city to be dragged back, not by anyone.