To Be a Hero

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: To Be a Hero

Post by Annasiel » Mon May 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Bou

One by one, her students demonstrated their potential, and what potential they had! From the raw power of Tachibana and Nakurama, to the utility of Iseya and Akiyama, they displayed wonderful talent across the range of abilities. The candy bag was spared from the blast of wind, though only barely, Bou catching it by the edge just as it began to tip. And a good thing too, as Miss Amano used it to display her quirk. Bou watched with a slight smile as the girl took a piece of candy.

Positively delightful.

Inoue's quirk had an entertaining demonstration as well. From the moment she formed the first portal, Bou waited in silence, but let out an audible chuckle when it connected to the infirmary. As for the rest, two wildcards in the bunch, Rikinobu and Fukuda, the latter even more intriguing than the former. At least she'd seen a hint at Rikinobu's quirk, but Fukuda seemed reticent to let anything slip through. She'd learn eventually. It would just take a bit of work to get there.

Three more pieces of candy from the bag, handed to Rikinobu, Akiyama, and Inoue in turn.

"This is for helping Nakurama." She turned back to the class. "I am very pleased to see such a diverse, talented class! Over the course of the year, we're going to work together on developing the talents you just displayed, as well as preparing you for eventual hero work. Which moves us on to our second order of business... field work!"

She pulled a leaflet of papers from her desk drawer - thankfully spared from the windstorm - and began handing them out among the students.

"This is the hero you will be assigned to for the rest of the year. They will act as your mentor outside of the classroom, so I expect you to treat them with the respect and dignity they... deserve."
Mentor Assignment

Mentor: Drill Sergeant, Rank 53

Students: Shin Rikinobu, Miki Akiyama
Mentor Assignment

Mentor: Zen Hero: Mantra, Rank 162

Students: Akemi Fukuda, Keito Nakurama
Mentor Assignment

Mentor: Twilight Hero: Camazotz, Rank 127

Students: Nina Inoue, Yuri Amano
Mentor Assignment

Mentor: Mr. Static, Rank 301

Students: Suzuki Tachibana, Chuya Iseya
"These pairings are a result of both your personalities and your quirks," Bou explained as she walked between the desks, making sure to place pages on the empty spots where the four students at the nurse's sat. "The idea is to try and encourage development, problem solving, and of course, to go further beyond your limits. To go Plus Ultra."
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~
"To bear the brunt of blizzard's kiss and snare the wind to fingertips."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun May 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Chiyo

A long day, a long day. It was always busy on the first day of term, what with all the sheets and records that needed to be filled, the paperwork and applications that needed to be filed. Still, she enjoyed it, just as she enjoyed every other part of her job. U.A. was her home, her passion, and her life. Beyond the paperwork, it was usually fairly quiet on the first day, so she was somewhat surprised to see a young girl with ashen hair bolt past the open door of her office and make some kind of portal on the wall.

"What is it, girl?" Chiyo asked, peeking out into the hall. "Is someone badly hurt?"

Horror images of students crippled beyond repair popped into her head, but she quickly shoved them away. No one was careless enough to get terribly mangled on the first day. There was always a fair share of injuries during the entrance exam, but that was a real combat situation. Still, the worry was there, and she breathed a sigh of relief when two more students walked through, the one carrying an unconscious - but seemingly unscathed, beyond that - boy.

Chiyo tutted, swinging her cane over her shoulder and bending over to look at the boy.

"What happened?"
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon May 14, 2018 12:15 am

Well, it was good to see that the loudmouthed kid was getting to the infirmary. Not that it was good he had to go to the infirmary, just that— nevermind. He was getting help and that’s all that mattered. Mention of field work and mentors pulled Chuya’s tumbling thoughts and attention away from the portal Nakurama had been pulled through and back to their teacher. Her eyes lit up, those sounded like proper hero things! Brimming with excitement Chuya took the paper as it was offered to her and quickly scanned it.

Who was Mr Static? The alias was sort of familiar, but he was such a low rank. Excitement soon found itself being replaced by the first inkling of suspicion. Still, she was paired with Suzuki, that part wouldn’t be too bad right? They knew each other and got along. Chuya looked over at Suzuki and motioned towards the paper with a smile.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Killian

Post by Killian » Tue May 15, 2018 12:37 pm

.Image.
Akiyama Miki | Infimary | Nakurama Delivery

Miki hadn't been listening as attentively as she made her way out the door with Rikinobu. Inoue had rushed past her and down the corridor. Hearing the words about some demonstration, Miki blinked and stopped, as the halo rings carrying Nakurama tugged to a stop.

"What's this?" she murmured curiously, using her free hand to poke at the edge a little. Perhaps she was expecting something to jump out from the ring like a jack-in-the box. She gave a light shrug, before turning back to Rikinobu. "Oh! Sorry." she apologized casually [1] about stopping, before picking up her walking stride to head towards the infirmary.

In the quiet corridors, she heard the footsteps up ahead, probably belonging to Inoue. Within a few moments, she and Rikinobu saw the infirmary door. After knocking twice, Miki opened.

"Ah." Miki's eyes lighted up in recognition at the lady with the can and hair in a bun. "Recovery girl, we're from Class 1-B. One of our classmates has fainted, due to..." she gave a look towards Rikinobu, noticing another ring[2]. "... by acoustic shock? Bou-sensei, our homeroom teacher had made a loud bang using her quirk."

Hopefully that would give enough information to Recovery girl.

Once Nakurama was placed on the bed, with her halo rings removed, Miki turned to the ring in the air. [3]

Code and art by Killian
Notes
[1] To be read in an extremely casual tone in Japanese context

[2] Miki would recognise that it looks the same as the one that Nina had made earlier in the classroom. So she would know that Nina is here (or had been here).

[3] I can't be sure if Nina is half in the infirmary or standing there. I've sort of left it open. If Nina is still in the infirmary and not the classroom, please assume that Miki has seen her.

Previously Luki | MAIN ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy irl and will respond slow to RP posts. Thank you for your patience ^^

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 pm

"I-I..." They were gone.
Her smile seemed more forced by the moment as her eyes showed horror and embarrassment.
ONE SECOND. COULD THEY NOT WAIT A MOMENT?! DROP YOUR ARMS, IT'S GETTING WORSE. OH MY GOD THIS IS SO BA-
Her arms were pulled down like a doll by her strings.
She turned around to the justifiably inquisitive nurse whom she somehow missed in her rush to get the second portal up and running, her expression fading entirely as she apologized for her rudeness.
"I'm so sorry!" She bowed so quickly, as if trying to break her own back.
She felt different looking at the nurse, smiling more lightly in an embarrassed but calmer tone and expression, trying to ignore the classroom behind her.
"Ah, other than a sharp blow to the ego?" She felt calmer.
"One of the students passed out from a... concussive burst behind his head. Pulled him back and he went blank."
She subconsciously glanced back at the portal, aware that everyone, including Bou-senpai, EXCEPT FOR SHUN, MIKI AND- well, obviously Rocko, could hear her.

She turned to the side whilst still facing the nurse at the sound of footsteps. As they started going through the door, she turned all the way to face them. "Here he is now..." She informed the nurse, not turning. Her eyes were wide open and her mouth unnaturally stretched in a small closed smile of fake reassurance.
"You missed my... demonstration..." Her smile stayed the same as she looked at them, trying to loosen her statue-like stiff stance, a thing that became quite simple once she turned to face just Rocko, and turned to concern as her eyes went back to the nurse.
"His quirk could be a factor. His arm isn't normally that... that." Was it the fresh face in front of her or feeling like the Watson to the medical Holmes? All she could tell was that she was trustworthy and caring.
“It’s not the size of your brain that matters, it’s whether or not you can set things on fire with it” ~ A wise philosopher

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu May 17, 2018 11:18 pm

Suzuki

Suzuki grinned wide, waving her own paper back and forth in some mix of 'look at this' and 'hello there, new partner.' She scooted her desk a few inches, seemed to decide there was no way she was going to manage to get said desk beside Chuya, and just flipped around in her chair with her legs straddling.

"This-is-going-to-be-so-much-fun!" She somehow said that even faster than normal, obviously excited about the prospect of working with a real life professional hero. A real life professional hero! Somewhat who fought crime, did good, and made people smile! Suzuki was smiling just thinking about it. "I don't think I've heard of Mr. Static before, and his rank is kinda low but that's okay because not everybody's gonna be at the top, somebody's always got to be at every spot in a list if you've got a bunch of people, I mean they can't all be top hero, right? Ohhhh, I wonder if he'll take us around town and we can look all noble and heroic and make little kids giggle!"

Leaning forward, she placed her elbows on Chuya's desk, hands on either side of her face.

"I bet he has so much he can teach us! This is going to be really fun, Chuya, and I'm happy you're my partner, not that I'd be unhappy with anyone else, but you seem really nice and all and I think that this is going to work out really well!"
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~

Lev

Post by Lev » Fri May 18, 2018 12:14 am

Zen Hero. Akemi softly massaged the corner of the assignment sheet between her thumbs and forefingers. The hero alias didn't sound aggressive; in fact, it sounded pretty passive. Akemi didn't know what to make of it. Her brain was trying to unwrap the pleasant fantasy of a non-combat teacher, but her gut was tingling with an instinctive anxiety for the contrary. She took a quick look around the room. Her classmates seemed content with their assignments, Suzuki especially. The girl's eagerness was bittersweet, but Akemi was glad to see her bounce back from the moment before.

Akemi turned back to her paper and scanned to the bottom where her student partner was listed. The parchment crackled in her grip when her eyes found the name. Keito Nakurama... the boy who started a fight with the teacher on the first day of school. The boy whose abrasive manner had already tested the hunger of her Will.

She ran her fingers through the thick bunch of hair at her forehead, her heel now off the ground and bouncing madly. Some mix of frustration and dread swelled in her chest, clenching her muscles like a vice.

"This can't be happening."

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Fri May 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Shun was several steps out of the door when he heard something about a demonstration then noticed the halo girls stopped and a different girl ran by. He did not even bother to stop, slow, or shrug and just kept walking towards the nurses office. About the time he could see the nurse sign he notice the halo girl had returned with the loudmouth in tow, earned them at most a simple glance.

Being last to enter the nurses office he heard the tailend of halo girl trying to explain things to the nurse and the classroom? He was about to speak to the nurse but instead closed his mouth and look towards the noise, there he saw into the classroom through a glowing ring like thing and the girl who ran by earlier, '...shit...' Shun mentally swore at the wasted energy to get here with something so amazing right in front of him, but he was here already so turned back to the nurse to speak in a tired but really fake sick voice, "nurse i dont feel good, need sleep."

Agamemnon92

Post by Agamemnon92 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:53 pm

Even with a concussion and no trace of consciousness, Rocko doesn't surrender. He grumbled half baked insults from the deepest corners of his mind. He could see his continuing bout with Ghost Lady as clearly as if it was happening in front of him.
"Ya think a headache is gonna stop me...?"
He slowly struggled and jerked in the infirmary bed, in front of several classmates and the nurse. He gently swung a limp fist across his body. Swinging at Ghost Lady who was powerless to stop him.
"The only boo I'll hear will be from you crying."
He won. Ghost Lady went down in a heap on the floor. Was it a dream? Or a hallucination based in mild brain damage? Of course not.
Dominance asserted.
Now he can rest.
Rocko smiled in his victory and his twisted arm reverted back to normal.
"So, did I earn my candy?" His voice was soft and drifting as he finally allowed his mind to relax.

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Sat May 19, 2018 1:38 am

The door opened slowly, and something strange happened.

A suit of female uniform was floating on something completely black just behind the door that was opened. The sleeves curled up in front of her, leading to a small visage of what seemed to be a hand, but it looked more like a cut out in reality that lacked any colour whatsoever. The said visage was holding the school bag, and as one may trace their eye up from there, they would eventually rest their eyes on a very peculiar pair of eyes floating on the pitch black silhouette.

Peculiar, as in it seemed like the night sky full of stars was contained within that pair of eyes. Sparkly, colorful, bright, a stark contrast with the darkness of the abyss behind them.

The googly eyes then blinked.

And then it blinked again.

It's impossible to tell what this person might be thinking, after all, her face were just plain abyssal darkness.

==5 minutes earlier, but from Eimi's perspective.==

It was Eimi's first day of school.

Ara... No way...

First day of class, and she's late... She realized should not have played with Mike-chan on the side of the street on the way to school today... It seemed to her like she was just going to end up outcasted again...? Ara... No way...

Every other students were in their respective seat already. Homeroom started already too, and some sort of sheets were being handed out.

Arara... No way...

Eimi quickened her pace, and her camisole clacked and echoed along the hallway. She finally came to rest in front of what she believed to be her class, 1-B.

Breath in.

Hmph!

Eimi opened the door.

Ara... No way...

This is the nurse room...
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.