The Promise of Friends

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Re: The Promise of Friends

Post by Wanderlusst » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Juniper pulled her bag from her locker before she turned and headed out the front doors. As she hurried off of the school grounds, and towards her favourite place, the park. It was the first place she had met Hunter, her first real friend, the start of the small squad they called family. As she sank down to sit on a bench she looked out at the empty playground,"The thought of this is killing me, it's been on my mind
Can't believe it's been right here after all this time
And even though I love you I can't seem to find someone who cares the way you do
You know, I love the way we've always been nothing more than friends
So why do I give every man the stand up
Thought I was over this but once again I'm comparing you to him
And I find that there's no you in him that matters..
"

As she sang softly to herself the memories of playing here with her friends passed before her eyes. However Juniper's peace was shortly lived when she heard the squeal of tires, before car doors slammed. Turning her head she noticed it was the Kings, a rival gang.

Without thinking Juni shot up and began to run. But she wasn't quick enough when one boy caught her, next thing Junebug remembered was being left on the playground, stab wounds and blood covered her as darkness took over.

This won’t be our last game, we’re still
HumboldtStrong

WolfLover

Post by WolfLover » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Hunter and Jen hand arrived at his house, greeted by Pluto and Missy, his dad's German Shepherd. That jumped on Hunter until he finally let them out into the backyard.
"Is your dad home?" She asked him, worried they'd get caught.
"Nah, he's out with some friends. He'll be back around dinner though." Hunter said, jumping on the couch. He settled in, grabbing the remote and turning it on to some random channel. Jen sat next to him, throwing her leg on his lap and leaned on his shoulder
Down and Drown

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:31 pm

Petra giggled and rolled her eyes a bit before slightly leaning in to Diego a bit when he placed his arm behind her. "What can I say? I'm the life of the party." She joked a bit, looking up at Diego for another second before she fully positioned herself into Diegos arm, closing the space between them. She felt like it was a perfect fit as their sides pressed together and her heartbeat slightly quickened, causing a small light red hue to come to her cheeks. "I'm so excited for tomorrow." She then said softly to herself, before looking back up and across the table to Ryan and Archie. "You guys are going tomorrow right?"

ScorpiBun

Post by ScorpiBun » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:31 pm

"I don't know. I don't have anybody to go with." Archie sighed before he finished his lunch. Ryan smiled at Archie's comment to which Archie hit him lightly in the shoulder. Ryan was still hoping that he could go with Archie but he didn't want to pressure Archie into anything.
Be nice because it can make somebody's day better and it doesn't cost you anything.

WolfLover

Post by WolfLover » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:03 pm

Hunter heard his phone ring, patting Jen's legs with a smile.
"I've gotta take this." He smirked, standing up and rushing to his room
"Yeah?" He said, hearing his dad's voice on the other side
"Hey! Did yoyou mind if I pick you up early, we have to get you a tux for tomorrow, yeah?" He asked Hunter, his voice quivering slightly.
"Uh, we have all day when I get home." Hunter said, he dad agreed, telling him he'd be out with the guys until 5 and hung up.
Hunter rushed down stairs, seeing Jen had left.

Jen slipped out the door, seeing Missy and Pluto were trying to escape through the old wooden fence. She grabbed Pluto's collar, walking him inside. She went back to grab Missy and saw the dog squeezing out the hole. She quickly ran out to grab her, but missed by a hair. The dog ran and she opened the gate, chasing her.
"Missy! Heel!" She shouted, watching the dog chase something she finally stopped on the corner, and someone had gripped her collar, dragging her to the girl.
"Maybe you should keep your dog on a leash next time?" The young man said, picking the dog up. Missy panted as they walked back to the house.
"Hey, Hunter?" Jen called. He sat on the counter, waving at her.
"Hey! Could you that fix hole in the fence?" She asked, waving her helper inside.
"There's not a hole in the fence?" He said, confused. His face lit up as he watched the young man walk in.
"Rafael! What up?" He said, tthe two nodded to each other, as Rafael sat Missy down. Hunter locked the back and front door, sighing.
"I'll text my dad about the fence." Hunter said, pulling out his phone.
Jen eyed Rafael, biting her lip.
Down and Drown

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:30 pm

"How about we show up together?"Diego piped up, he knew Archie was Petra's friend and he didn't want the guy going to a dance alone,"that way no one shows up alone?"

Diego looked around as he noticed Hunter and Juniper hadn't returned,"You guys think they're alright?"he asked as he looked at Ryan and Archie. He knew Archie was pissed about Juni joining the gang,"I know she was upset at you both, but you shouldn't put blame on Junebug, you have to understand that after almost getting attacking and the pressure from her family drove her to it. And she knows you guys offered ways out but be real, how long would it all last before your parents sent her home? Think about they're income too and your own sibilings it just wouldn't have worked."

He stood up and stretched before picking up his tray,"I joined because I was alone. Juni joined because she was cornered,"and with that he grinned,"I will see you guys at gym."

Before Diego left the cafeteria he threw out his garbage and set the tray down before exiting. As he walked towards his locker he looked for Juniper but figured she and Hunter were already at the gym.

This won’t be our last game, we’re still
HumboldtStrong

ScorpiBun

Post by ScorpiBun » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:14 pm

"Yea sure, we can show up together." Archie said after he thought about the idea for a bit. When Diego started talking about June Archie didn't want to hear a word but he listened out of respect. Ryan actually listened because he understood Junebug and he didn't want to fight with anybody.
"She is exactly the person you need to put the blame on. She could've stayed at my apartment. My parents wouldn't care." Archie was still pissed but he said that extremely calm. "Since they aren't even around." Archie murmured the last bit to himself before he rolled his eyes.
Be nice because it can make somebody's day better and it doesn't cost you anything.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Petra hummed happily as she finished adding a little curl to her hair. She adorned a sparkly pink dress and the best pair of boots that she owned. After gathering up her small bag which contained a little bit of money and her cell phone she made her way to the front door.

"Alright momma, I'm headin off! I'll message you when we get there there! Love you!" Petra yelled before hurrying out the door without a response. She was so excited and was so ready to have a fun night with Diego and her friends.

After she finally made it outside her apartment building she pulled out her phone and immediately went into the group chat. "Hey are we all meeting up somewhere or are we just gonna meet at the the dance?" She texted before sending the message back. Then she looked around. Even if her friends decided to meet at the dance, she was still going to walk with Diego.

WolfLover

Post by WolfLover » Tue May 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Hunter placed his hands on Jen's waist, his button down white shirt stood out against her darker red dress.
He slapped on a grin as Jen's mom clicked away and cooed at the couple.
"Oh my goodness, Mom! Can we just go? We're gonna be late!" She whined, rolling her eyes, her mom chuckled, shaking her head.
"Honey, just a few more." Her mom said as the camera flashed.

Jen was beginning to get annoyed at her mom's cheeriness and began to pull Hunter towards the door.
"We'll see you later, okay? I love you!" She called as her mom hurried after them, fixing Hunter's collar.
"Okay, well you two stay safe!" She waved as they stepped outside into the warm air.
"You ready to boogie?" Hunter said, shimmying on her shoulder.
"Definitely." She grinned, climbing into the backseat of her dad's car. Hunter slid in next to her, shaking her dad's hand.
"How you doing, sir?" Hunter asked, smiling.
"I'm well as long as you stay 5 inches away from my daughter." Her dad said, staring at him.
They rode to the school in an awkward silence.
Down and Drown