The New World

CrashJr
Bronze

Re: The New World

Post by CrashJr » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Monroe stepped outside and took Mel from David's arms and told him to go wash up. Following inside Monroe took the young girl to one of the other bedrooms and laid her down with a sigh. "Shit" he mutters at the sound of a golf cart pulling up outside, "Joey I'm gonna change you go talk to them until I'm out there okay" he nods and turns to Lana. "Lana, honey, look at me no matter what happened out there we need you to help out right now. I need you to clean Mel off okay and when your sister and I are back we'll..." he stops as a banging sound comes from the front door.

"I got it" Ami's voice sounds from the main room.

Ami walked down the steps and was about to all out for Joey when someone was banging on the front door. "I got it" she called out and opened the door only to be met with Harold, Agent Miller, and a few over guards behind them. "Can I help you?" she ask a little confused.

"Ami we hate to bother you all continuously like this, but one of our guards to the north has been found with multiple gun shot wounds and his skull caved in. May we come in and ask a few questions?" Harold ask but before Ami can even answer he walks past her.

"I think you might want to be looking more at your own guards, Harold, I mean do you not remember this morning with that psycho? I mean really you just go and blame us" Ami's tone comes out as cocky and because of this Harold's smile drops to a frown.

"Jamie is the body that was found...the guard that broke in here this morning" he nods and continues to walk around.

Mel let's out a groan as her eyes flutter open, "what...where?" she mutters and moves to sit up, but stops and grits her teeth from the pain. "Lana..." she mutters out seeing Lana, a woman that looked similar to her but older and a much older man, "what's going on?" she ask weakly.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Lana nodded at Monroe before she went to grab a washcloth. As she returned she heard the banging on the door, though at first she didn't think much of it at the moment, she began to wash away the blood and dirty from Mel's leg. When Mel woke up she looked up,"I.. found help.. I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.."she whispered as she looked down at her injured leg.

Joey was about to go get the others when there was a knock followed by Harold's voice. Stopping at the entrance of the living room she listened to what he had to say before she turned to face the two girls,"Harold and Miller are here.."was all she said.

Lana stood up,"I did it.. I did it so I have to take responsibility..."she said as she looked at everyone else.

This won’t be our last game, we’re still
HumboldtStrong

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Taking the pad, Will caught a glimpse of a smile on Sins face. It wadnt often anyone had something to smile about, but these cards still brought joy to the girls face. It was odd, but Will understood. He nodded a small smile pulling at his lips as je handed the deck back to her. Will shrugged as he read.kver the rest, the part og her being a lesbian holding no weight, Will didnt really care. When the part came about pretending to be in a different place, Will stopped reading, closing his eyes as he thought for a moment. That line struck him in an odd way, a small grunt escaping his throat. "Pretendkng to be in a different place.." he read outloud "Thats all i did for the past three years.. taking eniugh druhs to feel like i wasnt where i was or who i was.. it was my own fucked up way of escaping.. theres not really more to me than that.. i gabe up on all my interests years ago.. i guess thats why i feel a bit lost since i stopped taking them." Will sighed and leaned his head back, passing the pad back to Sin.

-

Miller followed closely behind Hadold, the whole situation seeming a bit suspicious. Not everyone of this group was accounted for, and something like this almost never happened. Well... to guards. Millrrs eyes scanned the room but he remained quiet as he let Harold speak.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Ami nodded slowly and just looked at Harold, "Look I don't know what you think, but no one in our group would do something like that, but if you think that then we're going to have an issue" she says shaking her head. In response the few guards that followed Harold and Miller raised their guns.

Harold smirked, "I believe that is a threat and I don't think it's best to do so" he nods glancing back to the guards.

Out gunned Ami weighed her options before responding, "Alright well I guess we don't have a choice but to be called murders...so what you'll hang us all like you did with that man." he tone took on that of a challenging one as she stepped closer to Harold. The sound of guns being cocked filled the room as all the guards trained their firearms on Ami.

"Fuck...stay here okay" Monroe says to Joey and Lana before stepping out into the main room, "Well hello there, Harold and Agent Miller what brings you around here?" he ask then looks to the guns, "Something wrong?" he ask faking concern.

Harold looks at Monroe for a moment before shaking his head, "I believe you're well aware what is going on" he says and nods to Monroe as two guards move from around Harold to each side of Monroe.

"Hey now hold on I don't know anything other then you all look to be ready for war" Monroe says looking between the two guards.

Mel still in a haze hears her father's voice and moves to stand up, "I got this...I'll talk..." the moment she is able to sit up fully she begins to feel dizzy again and falls back on the bed passing out. Her skin becoming a shade lighter as if she had lost to much blood already.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 pm

As Mel passed out again Lana sighed, standing up she looked at Joey,"I will tell him,"she said before she stepped into the hallway. As she saw all the men with guns she froze for a second before hurrying towards Monroe, Harold, Ami and Miller,"No wait! I know what happened.. I know... because I did it.."

She looked at Miller and Harold,"But you have to understand that I was protecting Mel.. he tried.. he tried doing things.. bad things with us and she tried saving us but got shot... I didn't know what else to do.. I'm sorry.." she began to sob a little at the end,"I just wanted to protect my new friend..."she said through the tears.

HumboldtStrong

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:11 am

After getting the little deck of cards back Sinclair just stared at them for a few moments. Remembering the embarssing moment of her brother giving her such an item. It was to control any "urges" she got when she was older though it took her a while to understand having no context. Aaron was a chill person, his sister being gay didn't faze him and he simply took it in and helped her understand what she was. A single tear leaked out thinking about her brother and Sin slowly wiped it away. Not wanting to be caught with the contraband she quickly put it back into her boot where it'd be safe.

Her gaze shifted back towards Will as he spoke about the drugs he took and escaping the world in his own way. She read a lot about the effects those things had on people and why they took them. Coming from two parents that had been drug addicts she was surprisingly sympathetic to what this man was saying. Sin took the moment to think about what to say as the pad was passed back to her.

"You can always rediscover yourself. That's what I'm kinda stuck doing. I'm lost in despair. I pointed a machete at a kid's head earlier today, you saw how I was. Those doctors gave me these pills to take to help with this thing they're calling depression." Sin wrote down slowly as thought for a moment about the pills and looking towards the woods. Her stuff was still out in a tree somewhere seeing as she didn't have a place to sleep before now." I have some stuff I need to get. I hid my belongings in a tree nearby, wanna come with? We can still chat as we walk?" Pointing in the direction of where she was wanted to go Sin offered the pad back. It'd be nice to have her clothes and other things if she was in fact staying here with this group from now on.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:28 am

Will scanned over the pad before quickly hanfing it back with a nod. He stretchrd, standing up straight as he took a few steps in the direction she pointed too. He didnt say anything for a few moments, hearing some commotion coming from the house. He thought nothing of it, turning his attention back to Sin. "Yeah well.. pills dont fix everything." Will spoke up, the irony staring him in the face as they walked towards the tree. "I gotta be honest.." Will stopped as he thought for a moment. "I dont really remember much of the last four to five years of life. Yeah bits and pieces. But that time of my life is one blur.. i dont really know.. what i like." He ended with a confused tone as he continued to walk again.

-

Miller watched as Harold wuestioned Ami, being rather agressive in his approach. He was going to suggest they question the ones that werent interviewed. Then the girl stepped up, adnitting to killing the guard. Millers heart sank inti his stomach. What the fuck.. one og their own attacked this girl? It sounded plausible? Or was she lying? Miller didn't think so. Although, he didnt want to open his mouth. He knew it was best to let Harold react first, then he could gauge he reaction amd reapond appropriately.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:19 am

Ami looked to Harold and gave him a small nod to which he returns with a shake of his head, he knew well that was a sigh of Ami ready to start shooting. "Look now we don't have to do this it's not like we had anything to do with what happened" Monroe says more to Ami then anyone else as the two guards grab Monroe's arms and proceed to walk him to the door, that was until Lana came in and told the truth.

Monroe looked from Lana to Ami.

Ami blinked a few times until what all Lana had said set in and she teared up, but with everyone here she just manages to hold it together but she glares Monroe angrily.

Harold heard Lana and he was forced to stop and wipe his face to keep from crying, he turns to Miller and clears his throat. "Let Mr. Monroe go and go burn that body...I don't want it getting a burial..." he turns to Lana. "Is she...is she okay?" he ask a slight stutter in his voice, but before she can answer he turns to Miller slamming a hand on the counter next to him. "MILLER" he yells but calms a little to continue, "I want you to make sure this will not happen again" he shakes a little before turning back to Lana taking in a few breaths.

"She's alive...lost a lot of blood but she's alive. She's passed out in the bedroom right now" Monroe nods looking to the hallway.

Harold exits the room before anything can be said and finds Mel laying in bed, her pants near completely ripped off her, a bullet hole in her leg, she was pale and her breathing was shallow. "Get a doctor....GET A DOCTOR NOW!" he yells from the room.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:19 pm

Oddly enough Sinclair was a bit happier that she wouldn't be walking alone to get her things. Just the idea of company seemed appealing which was a little weird to the lone sniper. She simply nodded in agreement when Will stated that pills don't help. Seeing what it did to her family she didn't want to trust those things one bit. Grieving was natural and it was something you had to work through slowly, pills will just leave you trapped in an empty happiness. Shifting her gaze from the trees and back to Will and noise from the house caught her attention. When Will noticed it as well and just ignored she decided to do the same seeing as it was his people and he should know if they need them.

Sin's face turned in confusion as Will stopped dead in his tracks to admit that he didn't know what he liked. It sounded odd but given his story the young woman simply nodded before continuing on." Not surprising. It just means you have a clean slate now. You have to figure out what you want to do. You can explore and experiment until you find the things you enjoy. Having people back you up though through that kind of thing is important though." Sin's words felt a little strange to write down but it wasn't her thing to help people with their problems. Yet here she was offering advice while going to gather her stuff which was up in a tree.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Hearing Harold scream for a doctor made Lana turn towards the first person and beg,"Haven needs to be here... we need her now... can someone please get her.."she then turned towards the room and started towards it. However Joey caught her wrist, as Lana looked up she seen the pain in her sister's eyes but she wasn't interested in reassuring her when all she could think about was whether Mel would be okay or not.

Behind them she could hear someone radio in for someone to locate Haven. Lana pulled her arm away,"Send her in when she gets here.."
-----

It didn't take long for Haven to get that call, as she was exiting the building a guard happened to catch her,"Haven ? You're wanted back at the cabin, something has happened.." was all he said. And it was enough for her to not ask questions, instead she tore off in a run towards the cabin. As it came into sight, her mind went wild with thoughts, what if someone was hurt? What if she didn't get there in time?

It felt longer than it was to get there. As she came to stop on the front porch she saw a bunch of men, and Miller standing just in the door way. Her gaze shifted to Ami and Monroe before asking,"What happened? Is everyone okay?"

HumboldtStrong