[RP] The City That Law Forgot

Reyn
Member+

Re: [RP] The City That Law Forgot

Post by Reyn » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 am

Faust retracted his hand and smiled at the man, still somewhat confused about his condition. He was visibly injured, as if he had just been in a fight before coming here, and he looked to be quite dazed.

"I am, yes." He nodded "I see you recognise me...".

His voice trailed off as he noticed that the man was acting rather strangely. Something had appeared before him and seemed to give him a minor electric shock. The man then moved towards the bodyguard stood by Faust. Instinctively, he slipped a knife down his left sleeve and held it in his hand. He had no doubt the guard would be able to protect himself in case of an incident, but he couldn't help being wary about the situation. His grip on the blade tightened as the man shocked the guard, and he pulled his arm back slightly as if preparing to throw the knife.

Then something appeared. A shadow, not connected to anything Faust could see, suddenly rose before him and began to sign a greeting. Keeping the knife firmly in his hand, he made a small gesture towards them.

"I'm afraid I can't say the same about you, stranger." He frowned "Would you mind introducing yourself?".

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 am

Thorn saw the fugitive, a man identified only as "Soul", hiding in a corner before trying to continue fleeing from the police. She saw him get shot and then disappear through a solid wall. With their target gone, the police looked around in confusion. Two gunshots cracked through the evening air as one of the officers spotted her on the rooftop above the alley and opened fire. Thorn was faster than they were, instinctively ducking back into cover. She dashed to the far corner of the building, in the direction Soul had run before vanishing. Thorn took a masterful leap to a pipe on the next building and climbed up it to the rooftop. From her new vantage point she could see both the police and Soul, laid unconscious at the feet of Faust. She kept low, where cover would protect her from the police officer's duty weapons.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:57 am

Of course. I'm called

Saul barely paused before using their old partner's name and name sign without regret, the sign for bird with all fingers extended to make the beak instead of just two. He was dead, and had been for years: there was no one who would be harmed by their theft. Using their own name was out of the question, of course. They had enough people gunning for them already.

B-A-R-T-H-O-L-O-M-E-W. Are you going to take that man to a hospital?

The sound of gunshots close by made their hands fall still. More variables, great.

Soupster

Post by Soupster » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:03 am

Souls looked up. His face now clear of scratches as he replaced his eye accessory with a new one. “Actually his name is Saul. He was sent here to spy on you. At least that’s what his file and radio signals say. You know the government should really upgrade their security...” he then sensed a presence of someone else. Someone who’s looking down towards them...” Faust you might want to get out of here. There’s a sniper...somewhere...watching us...” he then rolls over to look in the general direction of Thorn....before flipping her off...
Idk what I do

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:10 am

Simon heard two gunshots go off and then things went silent. "Did they catch their target?" Simon asked, looking down at Yoru who was preoccupied with grooming himself. Simon sighed before realizing something. The gunshots were near the bar that Faust was headed toward last time he checked. "Oh dear.." He mumbled under his breath and began running towards that direction. Simon knew that Faust could take care of himself with no problem, but he just had to make sure. You never know what could happen in New Aville after all. Yoru perked his head up when Simon started running and quickly chased after him.

Simon heard a few more gunshots and began to worry. He didn't like this one bit. And why is he going to help the man that blackmailed him into joining his gang? Wouldn't it better to just pray that he got shot and died so that he could live his life normally? Or did Simon actually like living under the feared gang name Die Unshculd? He stopped two alleys down and looked down at Yoru who walked up to him, looking in the direction of where the gunshots were last heard. Simon bent down and petted Yoru's head, the cat purring. When Yoru opened his eyes, they were a bright yellow, much different from his usual grey eyes. That meant that Simon could see and hear exactly what Yoru was hearing. "Go check down that way and see if Faust is there, Yoru." Yoru meowed in response and trotted towards the commotion that was happening. Faust seemed to be the middle of it and there was an unconscious person on the ground, with a weird little thing in a bag. Yoru walked up to Faust and looked around, Simon was trying to understand what had happened here.
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:27 pm
Thot Who Insulted My Wife

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 am

Saul glared at the man, as much as a shadow could glare. It was just their luck that the one person who'd apparently been snooping in their personal file was the one hanging around when they were trying to have an innocent conversation with a gang leader. How inconvenient.

Correct on most counts, though if you know that much then you know that I'm not male.

They shrugged, turning their attention back to Faust. On the edge of their vision they saw a cat approach, one with oddly intelligent eyes.

I'd apologize for the deception, but you know how it is in this town.

Soupster

Post by Soupster » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:55 am

Soul looked at Saul.” Hey you know what. Saul I have one thing to say.” Before he says this though he grabs an energy drink from his back and drinks it all. “Fuck you.” He gets up quickly. His hand glowing purple as he reaches out towards Saul.

Saul feels something grab him.....but then it goes away.....Soul just stands there...”...umm...that’s not supposed to happen.” He then looks at his hand then back at Saul...”Well I’m going to leave before somebody shoots me again .“ he grabs his bag as starbolt jumps in And he walks away...only to trip on the cat, roll a few times, and as he gets out of the ally his two revolvers fire bullets into his sides.
Idk what I do

Reyn
Member+

Post by Reyn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:43 am

"No." Faust said bluntly, shrugging at 'Bartholomew' and making a small gesture towards the man "He can drag himself there with his teeth, for all I care.".

When informed of the sniper, all Faust did was sigh. There were already two potential threats before him, so news of a third didn't faze him in the slightest. It's not like being targeted was a new experience, anyway. What did catch his attention, however, was the small cat that suddenly walked past. So, Simon was nearby, was he? Faust wondered if he knew what was going on. Faust wondered if anyone knew what was going on. He turned back to the shadow (who he now knew as Saul), and let out a heavy sigh.

"Oh, I do." He said "As I'm sure you're aware. If you know my name, you likely know my reputation, correct? So, that being said, what exactly were you doing following me around like that?".

The young man from earlier had moved to seemingly attack Saul, but misfired and ran off instead. Naturally, Faust did not react to this.

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:03 am

Saul watched the man leave and somehow trip over the stray cat, his pistols going off in the process. They weren’t sure if the emotion they were feeling was pity, annoyance, or just confusion. They glanced at Faust, who didn’t seem surprised by any of this. But then, from what they'd seen of him, he wasn't exactly the most expressive of people; who knew what was going on in his head?

The alleged sniper didn't concern them much: they doubted they were its target.

My superiors asked me to follow you because you’re a dangerous criminal, Mr. F-A-U-S-T; they tend to take a rather dim view of everyday happenings over here. As for why I agreed…

They’d smile if they could; as it was, the good cheer in their body-language was obvious and only somewhat exaggerated. They'd learned that without a face, it was necessary to exaggerate other motions in order to let people know what they were feeling.

They say that you’ll make deals with anyone, if they’re willing to pay the price. I wanted to know myself if it was true you honor your obligations: rumors have a nasty habit of distorting the truth.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:40 am

Thorn saw she was spotted and made a quick judgement call. She ducked below the roof ledge and pulled out a burner smartphone. With the phone in hand, she used her computer empathy to see through the camera and held it over the ledge. She took a good geotagged photo of the encounter in the alley and uploaded it to the police's public website. Satisfied with her work for the night, Thorn fled, intent on taking pre-planned route heading for a safe place to hide, dumping her burner phone in a sewer drain.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.