Hello, world

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
VociferousTendencies

Hello, world

Post by VociferousTendencies » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:01 am

Hello, everybody, nice to meet you all. Let's get on with introductions.

My name is Vociferous, I highly enjoy role playing, I'm in search of new platforms to role play on and I'm brand-spanking-new here. Anyone who can show me which is way is up and down here, that would be much appreciated.

My kinds of role play are in multi-para format, [intros happen like this,] actions happen like this, "my characters speak like this," 'thoughts or descriptions go like this,' singing goes in italics like this, (and personal messages or disclaimers during a role play go like this). It is a common occurrence during my posts for my characters to trail off and wonder about something else during an action or fight. For example, my mage character could be shooting fire at a bandit and wonder why the fire doesn't feel hot to them. And then they'll go on to wonder what set this fire and what keeps it going, even if they are an expert on magic fire. And then it will lead into either a near-existential crisis somehow, or into a state of mind where they do not ask any questions at all and just go into a miniature stupor; usually during or after the bandit in question is dying or had already died from being roasted alive.

My genres are fantasy, adventure, comedy, mystery, philosophical and slice of life. I do not do high school role plays(I've been out of high school for years, I don't want to role play in a world setting where I'm back in it), I often do not do romance, unless it's a kind of cat-and-mouse romance, I do not do any role plays from any fandom on Tumblr(fnaf, cuphead, homestuck, steven universe, undertale, supernatural, sherlock, dr. who, superwholock, magic singing friendship ponies with destiny-binding butt tattoos, etc.), and I often do not do anime role plays unless the premise is really good. I can be persuaded to join in a roleplay involving any of these, so long as the setting is interesting enough and I get to add my own special twist.

Games I play are action/adventure-based, such as Pokemon, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, and Final Fantasy, things like that. I haven't watched actual television in years, unless Crunchyroll counts.

I would say that's a good enough introduction, hope to see some of you around in the future. Only some of you, because I'm setting the bar pretty low right at the beginning, because I have no illusions about the difficulty of finding compatible partners in a role play forum.
Not all who wander are lost; but I sure am.

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Hello, world

Post by Annasiel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:02 am

Welcome to RPF!

You're in luck; novel-style roleplaying is the most common on this site, though we tend to use italics for thought, and just put singing in regular quotes. I think you're going to fit right in here~

If you haven't done so yet, I suggest you check out the rules, which you can find a link to at the top of every page. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to message me or any of the other staff, and we'll be happy to help.

Hoping to see you around,

Annasiel, RPF Admin
I think I am a changeling
I was born with little claws instead of nails
and I was pale and barely breathing

I broke the mirror because the me who wasn’t me inside
was shaking, she was seething, she was screaming
-PhemieC

VociferousTendencies

Post by VociferousTendencies » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:29 am

I'l be sure to check them out, thank you.

VociferousTendencies

Post by VociferousTendencies » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:36 am

I do have one question; do we post character sheets anywhere, or do we just attach it to our posts as a Word file, or something?

VociferousTendencies

Post by VociferousTendencies » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:50 am

I figured it out, nvm.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:29 pm

Depends on the roleplay you are looking to join, some might have you post your CS to the request or OOC thread, some might have a dedicated CS thread.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Shinigami
Mod No More

Post by Shinigami » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:46 am

Welcome to RPF, Vociferous! I'm Shinigami, the local god of death. :3

You've already been given the formal greeting, so I'm just here to say I hope to see you around. ^_^
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

VociferousTendency2

Post by VociferousTendency2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:52 am

Hey guys, it's me, the guy that posted this introduction. I locked myself out of my old account, so I'm using this one now until I can figure out what my old password was.
Save a horse; ride a cowboy~

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:02 am

PM me what you want your new password to be and I'll reset it for you.
I was born with little claws instead of nails
and I was pale and barely breathing

I broke the mirror because the me who wasn’t me inside
was shaking, she was seething, she was screaming
-PhemieC

VociferousTendency2

Post by VociferousTendency2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.
Save a horse; ride a cowboy~