[OOC] Magic Makes Strange Bedfellows

ZuZu
Bronze

[OOC] Magic Makes Strange Bedfellows

Post by ZuZu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:31 pm

For planning and chatting and general discussion about the story. Really anything any out of character shenanigans, lol
"It’s important not to get angry at people for what they don’t know." -Caduceus Clay | they/them pls~ | Art Thread

Sunshine

Re: [OOC] Magic Makes Strange Bedfellows

Post by Sunshine » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:38 pm

ooooo, i am so excited for this! right now i'm doing some homework, but i'll be sure to keep working on my character after! ^^
Ratatouille- Auguste Gusteau wrote:You must be imaginative, strong-hearted. You must try things that may not work, and you must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul. What I say is true—anyone can cook... but only the fearless can be great."
looool, here's my twitter as an insight to my trash life (´,,•ω•,,)

ZuZu
Bronze

Post by ZuZu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:48 pm

Mmmmmmmm same~ I'll get started on an intro post probably, and remember if you ever wanna add a twist or an idea about the story go right ahead. The royal/kingdom side of things are pretty much in your control from here on.
"It’s important not to get angry at people for what they don’t know." -Caduceus Clay | they/them pls~ | Art Thread

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:56 pm

yesyes! i did have an idea, but i wanted to make sure that it was all right with you first! (if you'd like a bit more action, family drama, and angst lololol)

so, what if there was no curse in the first place?
i know, sounds wild, but hear me out.
i havent decided the kingdom life and the way the two families interact, but what if the other family simply used word of mouth to say that their child was cursed right before they were to be wed, knowing that Kayla was a bit of a reckless person, and would more than likely not return from the marshes. or, if you want to take the 'Frozen' route, it could be that her sweetheart was never there to marry her in the first place and instead faked their curse to be able to get closer to the throne, figuring that she wouldn't return anyways. the drama only ensues when she returns not only alive, but with 'The Witch' by her side

of course, this is just a very basic idea, and can easily be scrapped
Ratatouille- Auguste Gusteau wrote:You must be imaginative, strong-hearted. You must try things that may not work, and you must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul. What I say is true—anyone can cook... but only the fearless can be great."

ZuZu
Bronze

Post by ZuZu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 pm

it shall not be scrapped because i l o v e it omg. Like yo drama keeps things moving and i appreciate me some court intrigue and twists. Probably the second one would work really well. I set it up so the royal and the betrothed had known each other for a while and probably had genuine affections towards one another, but you can tweak that to fit however you like✨

like really, especially given the uptick in magic problems and the kingdom's dislike of anything related as a consequence, someone taking advantage of that makes a lot of sense

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 pm

y e s s s
i am so glad that i am not the only one who enjoys some royal drama
i mean, it could have been that they were trained for this the whole time, the family could be using them as a pawn
THE IDEAS ARE ENDLESS
o o o o h, i finally found a good picture for kayla & her fiancee, and a picture of them when they were children

ZuZu
Bronze

Post by ZuZu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:17 pm

oh?? can i see 0v0

edit: ooo wait i found it AH THEY'RE BOTH CUTE O NO

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:24 pm

xxx
i k n o w w w w. im ready to stomp out my own heart (。•́︿•̀。)(´・ᴗ・ ` )

edit: yeeeees, i'm finally almost done!

ZuZu
Bronze

Post by ZuZu » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 am

oo, i need to ask; where do you want Kayla to start? She’s the one on the move, so her intro will be important, so i have some options.

1) i make just a blank sort of intro and you can be the one to kick things off, describing perhaps her journey and arrival, talking to the locals or however she ended up at the Helldrain Marsh (will probably happen anyway but basically this is whether you go first

2) surprise encounter! i can place Kayla already in the woods, perhaps having come across one of the Marsh’s less friendly occupants. Something with big teeth and an unpleasant disposition

3) Kayla manages to secure a guide, and we begin as she arrives at the “Witch’s” hut.

4) ?? thoughts??

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:39 am

How about a mix of one and two?

You can give a sort of vague story or rumors about someone going around town, before getting to the introductory monster scene. Since it's vague, it doesn't have to be long at all, hell, it could be the trees whispering amongst themselves about a traveler, or the birds chirping about an intruder. I guess even nature likes THE TEA. 😂

From there, I can fill in how said rumors came to be, where she was, and how she currently is facing the monster.