[F][G]Welcome to Exalt!

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Flamma

[F][G]Welcome to Exalt!

Post by Flamma » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Cs thread: http://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1340
Rp thread: http://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1342

"'Welcome to the world of Exalt' A phrase everyone hears the day they're born. The voice is born from a warm, white light that envelopes our body and says 'Can you hear me? My name is Lucia, what's yours?'. Everyone has this same memory from the day they're born into this world. there are also people in this world called adventurers. To become an adventurer you have to join a guild to be appraised by a "Diviner". Diviners study Divination, 1 of the 3 schools of magic, allowing them to see the stats and traits of people and items as well as release their true potential. Hehe, I guess by how much I know about adventures you could probably guess I want to become one, why don't you come with me?"

---WELCOME TO EXALT--- W.I.P (will finish later.)
Welcome to the world of Exalt! As you've probably noticed already this world is actually 1 big MMO though our characters have no knowledge of this. The world of Exalt is mainly run by adventurers who travel the world defeating magical beast, protecting the weak and taking on quest, though not all adventurers do just this. Adventurers are able to get from place to place using "warp gates" which are scattered around the world and can take you to any warp gate you've already been to. This means adventurers must still travel to new lands but visiting old friends is always easy and many adventurers join guilds just use the warp gate with another to get to new lands they couldn't.

World map:
At the beginning of the rp, in the village shown above, we will start on the island in the center of the map, Island of dawn.

---Schools of magic---
In the world of Exalt Magic can only be used in 3 ways, Divination, Transformation and Evocation. Only adventurers can use magic and while many adventurers do very few have mastery over more then 1. While lower level magics can be learned just by reading books called, Tomes, the higher level a spell is the harder it is to find, meaning most spells are either created by luck(rare) or passed down from master to student. While making a spell of your own is a dangerous task, since magic is very chaotic, doing so is seen as a necessary step to becoming a master.

Divination-
Divination allows one to see and touch the magical realm around them. Most divination spells are similar causing it to seem like an under whelming school of magic, but this is far from the truth. The reason most divination spells are similar is because most come from 3 basic spells, "Sem" which allows a person to leave there body while still being in control for a short period if time, "Ko" which allows a person to see the stats of there target and "Don" Which allows a person to force their target to use divination then use there own aura to create an illusion.

Transformation-
Transformation allows one to change the magical realm around them. Transformation is the most well known and revered school of magic for it's ability to make anything out of a substance of equal value. While most adventurers use transformation magic to make swords and bows and arrows from small chunks of metal or their surroundings, some use transformation magic on people to make humonculi or change their own body.

Evocation-
Evocation allows one to control and release the full potential of magic. Evocation is the most flexible school of magic demonstrated by the way it can be used in conjunction with all other schools, including divination to create adventurers. Evocation is usually used by long range casters though it can also be used to increase ones physical properties or activate magical items.

---Guilds---

Information guild- Information guilds are usually run by spies and traveling bards who gather information on different people or things varying from guild to guild. in game they will serve as a place to find hints or sometimes complete answers to problems, but for the roleplayer they also serve as an in game way to ask any question they want to explore the lore or any mechanics. The most infamous information guilds are Roma: which specializes in bounties and tracking dangerous people and has guild halls in Dawn island, Lorcada and Kaiator, The Bard college: Which focuses on general information and have guild halls in Lorcada, Velika and Arcadia, and lastly the underground: who's location is unknown to most but deals in finding evil ruins and secrets that were never meant to be unearthed.

Crafters guild- Crafters guilds are guilds that focus on all the assets of crafting, Alchemy, smithing, tailoring, divination(usually), enchanting and Mechanics. While they are rare to see all the greatest adventurers have used them to forge enchanted weapons, armor or even enchanted mechanical limbs if they choose. There is only one well know guild hall in Velika.

Mages guild- Mages guilds are guilds thats main focus is to explore the unseen realm of magic and how it works. Mage guilds are usually very private and your more likely to get invited to one then ever just stumble upon it, since they're extremely rare.

Diviners/transformers/evokers guild: These are simply schools where adventurers can learn the school of magic they wish.

Arena guild- Ever POPULATED region in Exalt has it's own arena, some have more then one, and for each Arena is a whole slew of guilds who train adventurers to be the best. There are millions of these guilds varying in fam from region to region. Every Arena has different rules, though most don't have any at all.

Adventuring guild- Adventuring guilds usually only have members who have completed the Adventurers exam. Passing the Adventurers exam grants an adventurer a card basically saying that you can go to any region you want, though most think of it as a get out of jail free card since finishing the exam is supposed to be extremely difficult and most people think only another adventurer could beat someone who's passed. These guilds travel to the far reaches of this world in search of magical items hidden secrets and anything else you can think of. The most well known guilds are blah blah blah, I'll finish this when I think of names and whether it's even important.

---Cs---
Name:
Appearance: (please use any none real picture or a description. While people in the world of Exalt can come in drastically different and unique shapes and sizes none get any added bonuses or count as another race.)

Personality: (5 sentence Min)
Brief bio: (1-2 paragraphs)
Goal(s): (why does your character wants to become an adventurer? 1 Min/2 max)
flaw(s): (what are your flaws? Lazy, boring, untrust worthy, ect. 1 min/ 2 Max)
Pro(s): (What are you good at? Cooking, leading, perceptive, ect. 1 Min/2 max)
Gift: (Gifts will be given to you randomly as you progress and will be based off of personality and what you do during the rp. some people will get several gifts some will get none, some will get weak gifts some will get really strong ones, deal with it. Leave black till I tell you.)

Preferred school of magic: (1 Max, Optional.)
spells: (2 Max, Optional. please explain what the spell does and what school(s) it uses.
Gear: (Everything you carry. weapon, clothes, items, ect.)
Guild: (just make one up at first but don't be afraid to be in the same guild as someone else. The island we start on is small so we'll definitely bump into each other.)
Last edited by Flamma on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razetheraider98
Gold

Re: [F][G]Welcome to Exalt!

Post by Razetheraider98 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:18 am

I am INTERESTED!!! Imma post my CS in a bit!
Stranger: What time is it?
Me: It's time to d-d-d-d-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!

Flamma

Post by Flamma » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:04 am

dope, Also we're using this as the OOC just so you know.

Razetheraider98
Gold

Post by Razetheraider98 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:35 am

Cool

MattieD

Post by MattieD » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:32 am

Interested as well working on CS now

MattieD

Post by MattieD » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:01 am

Okay, I didn't want to post anything until I got your consent on my Character Flamma.

Halien

Post by Halien » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:30 pm

YO! FLAMMA, I'm back!

Just wondering how everythings going.
The God of Chaos stepped down...millions of lives changed.

Flamma

Post by Flamma » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:38 pm

HEY HAILEN! as you can see we have 2 new players and we're on a boat.

P.S.

Anyone can take control of npc's or any character not in the cs page but I only ask you wait till you feel you know there personality well enough.

Razetheraider98
Gold

Post by Razetheraider98 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Okay. Good to know. Btw, Raze found the homunculus, returned it to the woman, and is sword fighting with a player, but will still chat with her (don't worry: he can multi task)

Flamma

Post by Flamma » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Ok continue your fight for 1 more post then I'll have Dadoria stop it. He's a lot stronger then all of us so you can try to fight him if you want.