[Req] American Horror Story: Coven

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Kaito

[Req] American Horror Story: Coven

Post by Kaito » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:54 am

Set in the late 1600s right after Prudence Mather, the former Supreme killed herself due to inability to flee or so they said, The Sacred Taking. The Coven was left without a supreme and a place to call home. They have nowhere else to go but south, away from Salem.

These group of Witches found themselves in an unknown far away hamlet inside a big abandoned mansion. Will they be able to settle here and hide away from the witch trials? Or run farther south to New Orleans?

Background:

Amerrican Horror Story is a horror anthology by FOX written by Ryan Murphy and Brad Fulchuk. Coven is the third season that focuses on Witches.

Witches and Warlocks are humans gifted with the genetic heredity to affect change by supernatural or paranormal means, an innate connection to the elements and forces of nature that allows them to practice "witchcraft". Because of their unnatural abilities and supposed connections with dark forces, witches have historically been feared, persecuted, and hunted. Many escaped the Salem witch trials and sought refuge in New Orleans. As the witches settled in their new territory, a rivalry between them and the native Voodoo practitioners arose, and is still ongoing in present-day New Orleans. Among the population of witches, there is always one witch per generation who possesses a class of seven powers considered to be advanced acts of magic known as the Seven Wonders. This witch is known as the "Supreme". A talented witch can possess 4 or even 5 innate gifts but never Seven.

Also Warlocks are considered to be inferior to witches, as the testosterone present within men is believed to be a known inhibitor of magical ability, impeding access to the ethereal realm. For this reason, no warlock has ever risen to the ranks of Supreme, but the warlocks believed that one among them - known as the Alpha - would eventually usurp the Supremacy.

This RP will be focusing on the small unknown hamlet and their villagers along with coexistence of witches and warlocks with them. Will they be accepted or not? its up to you. And lastly,

Who will be the next Supreme?

Rules:

Story-wise, I would prefer if the character would be eventually be driven to be the Supreme. I would prefer this RP to be more of a ruthless and backstabbing but with a motive. KILLING IS ALLOWED but be warned that death is not a permanent status in this story.

1. Everyone can have 4-5 innate gifts EVENTUALLY.

2. The Supreme will be decided by me. I will not be biased and will be a surprise. Also depending on how the story goes.

3. Killing/Violence is encouraged later in the story as long as it has a reason and keeps the excitement of the story.

4. You cannot godmod or use your powers every single time especially with ease because it is a CRAFT in form of innate gift. It still requires concentration and focus.

RP Rules:

You all should know by now since its intermediate but no Godmod. Pm me for any ideas.

This RP is open for ideas and plotwise, I am not driven. I will use the plot hammer whenever I see you all straying or grouping (ex: failing to interact with someone else for a long time).

Roles:

Witch/Warlock
Villager
Witch Hunter

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Kaito on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaito

Re: [Req] American Horror Story: Coven

Post by Kaito » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:03 am

Character Sheet

Name:
Role:
Gift(if witch, if hunter weapon):
Personality:
Background:
Disposition (if villager. Against, Neutral or Approve of Witch existence):
Appearance:
Miscellanous:

Sent from my vivo 1806 using Tapatalk

Kaito

Post by Kaito » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:07 am

!!! Note: !!!

Each Witch/Warlock will have one (1) innate Gift as a starting ability. it can be either a Unique Gift (a gift that is so unique that only through bloodline can be passed or a talent that is honed through special means) or one of the Seven Wonders.

Each Witch/Warlock can only have maximum of five (5) of Seven Wonders, but Unique Gifts can most definitely exceed one (1).

The Seven Wonders include:

Acquisition of additional Gifts require significant character growth and/or if the story comes to the point that everybody will be allowed to.
If this roleplay proceed smoothly, it is possible for a Witch to have 5 of Seven Wonders and 2 Unique Gifts that will total to 7 Gifts in all but is not grounds to be called a Supreme.

For more information for examples of these unique gifts, please head to this link:
http://americanhorrorstory.wikia.com/wi ... ches/Magic
Last edited by Kaito on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dead_Inside

Post by Dead_Inside » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:15 pm

I am interested! I just need to decide which of the Seven Wonders I would like and then I'll put together a character sheet. :D
I'm usually most active on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Minimally actives the rest of the week but I can find a way if RPs are going very well and I need to be around. Addicted to RPing and RP almost anything. ALMOST! There are limits. :D

Kaito

Post by Kaito » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Gladly! I might edit though for some clarifications. Especially on that part

Dead_Inside

Post by Dead_Inside » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Kaito wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:28 pm
Gladly! I might edit though for some clarifications. Especially on that part
May actually do two characters for this. A Witch and a Hunter, not sure yet. But definately going to have at least one put together soon for this :D
I'm usually most active on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Minimally actives the rest of the week but I can find a way if RPs are going very well and I need to be around. Addicted to RPing and RP almost anything. ALMOST! There are limits. :D

Kaito

Post by Kaito » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Done edited. I might put up my CS as an example

Iron

Post by Iron » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:25 pm

AHS is pretty cool, so consider me interested.
“God created war so that Americans would learn geography.”
― Mark Twain

Kaito

Post by Kaito » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Name: Abigail Crosshorn
Sex: Female
Role: Witch
Gift(if witch, if hunter weapon): Divination She does not need any medium. Visions just come and go and is erratic.

Personality: Abigal is a mysterious young woman who always had the right thing ti say in every situation but rarely speaks or be in a crowd at all. She can be commonly found reading books or experimenting for some small hexes and charms somewhere in the forest or a basement. Although she is mature for her age, she can also be straightforward and sharp tongued. She also hard to be pleased but contrarily, she likes to keep things simple.

Background: Abigail used to be the Town Apothecary back in the Salem. Her family was a long line of Herbalists back when they first settled in the colony. It was said, that women of Crosshorns are very talented in Herbal medicine. Rumored was that they were gifted with blessings from the earth that they exactly get what they need from the earth. Her mother and younger sister seemed to have this gift, the hidden gift that can heal anyone and anything through plants. She was a late bloomer they said because although she was older, she never developed such sense; only through studying. She never acquired this so-called healing touch. Although aware that her family has affinity in plants and all things medicine, she did not really thought that it was anything magick or that they were witches until one day she woke up from a bad dream. In it was her family being burned at the stake while her sister succumbed to consumption. Death, suffering and fires. It wasn't until then that Prudence, the Supreme at that time arrived in time she woke up that she managed to escape from the Witch Hunters that was already burning their whole house. Her dream came true. And so it will soon all come true.

The morning after, it was just covered up that an accident happened occured and Abigail was hidden from sight. Little did they know that she developed her Gift that she soon foresee that the burning of their house was the beginning, soon the rest of the witches if they did not escape, or fight back.

Fleeing the Salem wasn't easy but she knew it was the right thing to do, her instincts told her but more importantly, she had to be right.

Appearance:

Miscellanous: She is knowledgeable in Plants and Medicine. She can concoct potions and healing elixirs through extract and everything. Image

Dead_Inside

Post by Dead_Inside » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Name: Drusilla Abernathy
Sex: Female
Role: Witch
Gift: Pyrokinesis

Personality: Drusilla is quiet and calculating but kind. She’s not shy but wants to gauge a situation before she interacts with those around her, finding people are usually themselves when they don’t know they are being watched. She is smarter than most young women her age and many would say she overly observant. She speaks with a verbiage far beyond her years and seems to know what is going to happen before it actually does. Her voice is soft and calm but commanding.

Background:
Drusilla was the youngest daughter in a family of four, her parents and her brother, Daven. Drusilla’s Father was the first surgeon in their colony, while her Mother ran the town’s bakery. Drusilla’s Father, Benjamin, was a strict man but looked his children with all his heart. Drusilla was the apple of his eye, she and her brother were given the best education and their parents were never too far from their side when they were out and about.
A week after Drusilla’s 18th birthday, she fell ill with a mysterious illness that rendered her unconscious and burning with fever. Her Father did everything he could to help her but feared he was watching the death of his youngest child as Drusilla’s condition deteriorated before his eyes. Her Mother, Mecca, knew of a Healer and went there for help thinking that herbs would do better for her daughter. Upon administering the cure that was made for Drusilla, Mecca noticed her daughter’s skin stated to pale dramatically, her chocolate brown hair losing its color quickly. She screamed as Drusilla opened her eyes, which had gone from emerald green to almost white. That was when the Witch Hunters showed up, believing Mecca to have sold her daughter’s soul. They set the house aflame, dragging Mecca and Benjamin out. Daven ran to his sister’s room only to be caught, Drusilla’s fragile form was torn from his arms. He fought but was bound and blindfolded, the Hunter’s taking him to purify and train in their ways. The Hunter’s attacked Drusilla then, meaning to end her and leaving her in the burning house. Drusilla screamed as the clawed weapon one of them carried tore through her sleep gown and into her back, her hot blood cascading down her back.
Raising her hands to defend herself, she didn’t realize she had set the two Hunters in the room with her on fire, until she opened her eyes. Watching the black flame coming from her hands scared her and she stumbled back and away. Then the voice in her head sang to her “Run. The woods”. Drusilla didn’t hesitate, still dizzy from her waning illness, she climbed out of her 1st floor bedroom window and disappeared into the woods.

She wasn’t safe in Salem. But she would come back and find her brother. And those that took him would pay!

Appearance: Drusilla looks young for her age, her face and skin youthful, almost looking to be 15 instead of 18. Her eyes are a piercing ice blue that can be unnerving at times. Her skin is pale and flawless, comparable to the finest porcelain. Her hair comes to her waist and is pure white, the silky length thick and soft as silk. Five scars running from her right shoulder and across her back to her waist on the left side. She is always dressed in dark colors, Black, Crimson, Navy Blue

Miscellanous:
03829580f7bc19b385fae307b41b35c2.jpg
03829580f7bc19b385fae307b41b35c2.jpg (92.57 KiB) Viewed 59 times
{{Had to pick this kind of picture because of her hair}}
Attachments
03829580f7bc19b385fae307b41b35c2.jpg
03829580f7bc19b385fae307b41b35c2.jpg (92.57 KiB) Viewed 59 times
Last edited by Dead_Inside on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.