Heroes and Villains RP

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
JEBtheGamer1

Heroes and Villains RP

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Welcome to Genric (pronounced jen-rick) City. A haven for criminals and vigilantes. A new wave of superhumans is coming, and you are the start of it. Choose your side wisely, for the villainous ones are cunning, and the heroes are steadfast. The ultimate battle of good and evil starts here and now, but may end up spanning the globe. Heroes, villains. Are you prepared?

OOC: feel free to play villains or heroes. This RP is kinda based off of the logic of TV shows like Teen Titans, or the Netflix Defenders, so it's going to be a smallish group of heroes that don't know each other well facing off against a singular large villain/group of villains, with fighting of smaller criminals, villains, or groups of villains in the meantime. Your character's powers can be gained through any means, and your character can be from any dimension WITHIN THIS UNIVERSE. For example (I'm a Teen Titans fan in case you couldn't tell) Raven is from a different dimension, Cyborg got his powers through science, Robin through training, and Starfire is from a different planet. Beast boy I guess was born with his powers.

OOC thread

Anyways, hopefully this covers all the rules you need to know, normal RP rules like no godmodding and try not to be too OP do apply, but it's fairly loose so being polite and reasonable should be the one strict rule. Have fun!

EDIT: Oh, try to have a backstory for your character. I'll do my best to keep an up to date lore written here, feel free to message me in the OOC chat if you add history.

The year is 2018, and superpowers have just began to become more open and obvious. The first of our signals and probes into space are attracting attention, science is advancing both underground and legally. Interdimentional rifts are becoming more unstable, and the rise of nuclear power has led to an increase in mutations. Some, like the late Captain Genric have taken to defending the city, while others, like Dr Sapien are opposed to any superpowers individual. And many still lie in the middle, content as long as the peace remains.

(excerpt from a GNN News report)
"Today is a grave day. Captain Genric has been slain by the villain presumed to be the purist supremest, Dr Sapien. Politically, police forces are unable to assist in any investigation due to the legality of the Captain's actions, but still many off duty officers attend the memorial. With his bravery and sacrifice we hope many new heroes will rise to protect us from villains and criminals alike. Captain Genric, you will be honoured in our memory for years to come. And now, onto the weather..."

(excerpt from a GNN News report, roughly 3 months after previous report)
"Welcome to GNN News, I'm Anne Corperson. Today marks the three month mark of the Lab incident, and the grand opening of the hero memorial. For those who missed it, here is a recap: An anonymous group referenced by witnesses only as "The Lab" was shut down by an equally anonymous hero. However, something went horribly wrong, resulting in an explosion that would have leveled the city. This anonymous hero sacrificed themselves to stop the explosion, and in their process was turned into some kind of metal. A memorial park has been erected around the statue, which would have been moved except for the fact that any machinery that comes close seems to stop working, and hand tools have no effect on it or the ground nearby. Even now, a circle of scorched earth remains, reminding us of the destructive power of the explosion that was contained. There were also reports of numerous capes around, and many powered people escaped from this illegal Lab, claiming they were test subject. For a lab that has been reputably operating secretly for years, there were very few powered folk that escaped, however there were still enough to warrant this latest change in policy: powered registration. While action started shortly after the incident, it is today that President Pumpkin announced this newest bill: The Powered Registration Act. In his speech, he stated that "all people with power, hereditary or otherwise, must be registered in a nation wide compendium. There will be consequences for those who do not follow this law." When asked where the funding for this compendium would come from, President Pumpkin alluded to taxing the powered people more. I've been Anne Corperson, and this has been GNN News."

(Snippet from the GNN show 'The Happening Place with Felix Krieger')
"We now go live to Brent Brental, our reporter on the scene. What's happened Brent?"
"Well Felix, the newly formed National Association for the Rights of Metahumans has issued a press release condemning the bill, claiming it will turn people with metahuman abilities into 'second class citizens' and 'applies stricter rules to them then sex offenders.' The founder and current chairman of NARM, Harriet Rhodes has come under attack from Pumpkin, with him claimed she used her weather control abilities to cause the rain on his inauguration day. She denied this and pointed out that her powers don't work that way and that she was in California helping firefighters put out a forest fire at the time. The President continues to insist she's at fault, although his Press Secretary Shaun Pepper insists he's been taken out of context."
"Thank you Brent. And now back to our main story. Kittens in superhero outfits: Cute trend or secret menace?"
(Receives update)
"Breaking news: we now have confirmation that the 'super soldier formula' instructions that has been spreading across the internet was indeed created by the mysterious group known as 'The Lab.' Although several of the President's businesses have confirmed ties to The Lab he has refused to comment on it to the press. Even his infamous Litter account hasn't sent any Leets about it. The formula has been linked to dozens of deaths of those whose bodies rejected it and of two the cases where it's succeeded both were shot dead when they attempted to rob a bank. Other than the changes to their bodies no sign of what causes the formula to work were discovered. Now, back to the Super-kitties"
(Pictures of cats in bright costumes appear on the screen)

(Hacked TV Broadcast from Tess, the Testament IV Artificial Intelligence)
Greetings, due to the recent actions, and crimes against humanity, with the demeaning of life, the United Elemental Naval forces are currently being deployed to assist all local law enforcement in the arrest, capture, and or destruction of all rouge forces such as 'The Lab' and others whom threaten the city's people, and their freedom. This occupation is only temporary, but sense your military seems to have the inability to enact to defend its people, and its government is too busy lining its own pockets with money and corruption, we are forced to take a more drastic, and direct action... Any arm conflict is strongly ill-advise, and will be met with equal, or greater show of force... Thank you for listening, and have a nice day...
- - - Transmission End - - -

(GNN News Emergency Broadcast following the broadcast by the UEN)
"This is GNN News, I am Anne Corperson. Today's breaking news: an alien invasion. Preliminary reports are ill, and the United Nations' security council has been called into order. President Pumpkin is in a rage, and has called Vutin using the direct landline. Our reporters have been unable to gather much other information in this short span of time... There is a certain irony to this military takeover; the speaker stated that "...assist all local law enforcement in the arrest, capture, and or destruction of all rouge forces such as 'The Lab' and others whom threaten the city's people, and their freedom. This occupation is only temporary, but sense your military seems to have the inability to enact to defend its people..." however the Lab was destroyed nearly three months ago, with military forces proving more than competent to handle the rogue powereds. This so called help is what the Nazis said when they invaded France. Not help at all. But if these invaders come to take us over with hostile force, under false pretense, then who are we to decide? Well I'll tell you. We're American. I'm Anne Corperson, stay tuned for updates."

(International broadcast by many news agencies outside UN meeting in the GSA, shortly after an extremist attack on the UEN)
Harris steps up to the podium, and taps the mic lightly, as blood continues to drip from his arm... "Dear people of America, and the world. For the past forty decades the U.E.N. has successfully disarmed multiple conflicts that have threaten the livelihood of individuals such as yourself, and others whom drift among the starts such as we. Were not here to take over, control, and or seek armed conflict with any nation, person, or people, other than those whom have done wrong to the innocent and the helpless. Now I have your attention, and have the spotlight finally shined on the city that we had so called 'attacked' and 'occupied', which is honestly a rouse, our message can finally be taken seriously. Corruption within your city is beyond acceptable, and must be dealt with. This is YOUR responsibility, and YOUR city to help... With that we will take our leave first thing tomorrow morning, as our welcome has obviously cause some conflict outside this building and in the city, which honestly is either not us, or something happened. They would have never attacked anyone without my given command, or Moon's command."
-------
"You have my condolences, and may you find peace in a world of strife..."
-------
Harris steps down, and takes his leave.
Last edited by JEBtheGamer1 on Mon May 15, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.
:twisted: I have surpassed the devil

JEBtheGamer1

Re: Heroes and Villains RP

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:40 pm

12:57 AM, Friday January 19th, 2018.
Corner of Main and 32nd St.

A woman is walking home, presumably from the bar, when a man with his hand in his pocket approaches her. "Oi, lady. Gimme yer purse or I'll shootcha." Frightened, she gives him her purse, and he runs away. She stands there for a minute, scared, then runs off in the opposite direction. From a nearby alleyway on 32nd street, a figure dressed all in black emerges. Black jacket, black undershirt, black jeans, black gloves, dark aviator sunglasses, and a cloth that covers his mouth and nose. He glances disdainfully at the streetlight, and the bulb bursts quietly, plunging the street into darkness apart from the red and green glow of the stoplights.

Image(without the belt, and the undershirt is black, and no skin apart from his upper face (which has sunglasses) is showing)
Last edited by JEBtheGamer1 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:56 am

Nearby, Addison Lockwood watched the event unfold from a fire escape in a dark alleyway. She leaned with her forearms against the railing so that her hands hung out over the edge of the black metal. Addison was keeping an eye out for cops while the people she was with looted the apartment that she had come to. Her group hadn't trusted her with taking anything since an incident that had occurred last time when she had taken more than her share. Her icy blue eyes narrowed as the lights went out, all but the stoplights. It seemed rather suspicious to her, considering how that sort of thing wasn't normal.

Addison glanced over her shoulder at the apartment and saw that the other three were still busy stealing everything valuable from inside. She looked back out at the empty street and furrowed her brow. Addison turned and crouched down next to the ladder. She sat down and reached down for the first rung of the ladder, and soon she was on the ground. The thief turned to face the street once she had touched the ground and moved cautiously, keeping her hand to the brick wall. After figuring that there was no point in wandering in the dark, Addison held her hand out in front of her with the palm facing upwards and watched as the skin lit up and started to glow. Some heat came off too, but not a lot.

It wasn't that much light, but it was enough to allow Addison some light to walk by. She gritted her teeth for a moment as she came to the end of the alleyway and looked around for someone, anyone that happened to be nearby. Addison couldn't see very far, not without proper light. She was partially thankful for the darkness, considering how it concealed her identity. All Addison insisted on wearing during these heists were her normal clothes - just a plaid shirt with a white undershirt, usually unkempt jeans and dirty old sneakers. She hated wearing anything else, it bugged her. There's gotta be someone out here...
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:59 am

Seeing the small glow given off by Addison's hand, the dark figure smiles. He isn't alone in the dark after all. Not many take kindly to folk like them, so it was doubtful she was up to any good. Odd though, most kept their identities hidden. This one had her face exposed and was simply wearing normal clothing. Perhaps... No. She wouldn't want to talk. None of them ever did. He tried to do what he could but he didn't want to fight his own kind. They had enough problems.

He stepped forwards, and appeared behind the girl silently. He said, in no more than a whisper "So, what's the pay like?"

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:50 am

Addison whipped around as she heard the whisper and gave a short gasp. She moved her hands so that they were in a defensive position and balled them into fists, also allowing them to glow some more. "Who the hell are you?" Addison demanded. Her gaze darted upwards for a moment to see if the others inside were done yet, but it didn't look like they were. Couldn't they pick up the pace at least a little bit? Being the youngest, she was always the one stuck with the worst parts of the job, even if she did cause some trouble in other parts.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:10 pm

"Fists won't help" the figure responded, from off to her left. "I am everywhere," echoed a voice from the right. "And nowhere." the one in the middle completed. A faint smile could be seen under the cloth that covered his mouth. 'Some say we're gifted. Some say we're criminals. What are you?"

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:09 am

Addison turned in each direction that the voices came from before finally stopping in the middle. She tightened her fists as he asked his question. It was one that she had heard before as well as asked herself. Addison knew the existence of others like her, and she also knew that they had a desire to choose sides. She heard of the heroes that fought the criminals for whatever reason. It was her overall deduction that it was all bullshit, but a part of her debated on whether or not she should join the fight. "Who I am is none of your damn business," the teen eventually shot back. "I can disintegrate you into nothing but a pile of ash and bones. I think you should beat it before I do that."

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:35 am

The figure smiles. "Good luck disintegrating me. You wouldn't know where to shoot. I can tell you have a lot to think about, kid. I'd start with those "friends" of yours first, but that's my opinion. I'll leave you to think." He turned around. "Oh, and by the way? I'm behind you. Name's Mr Johnson, see ya round." He walked out of the alleyway, leaving Addison to think.

(Might be radio silence soon because I am going on vacation)

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:55 am

(Okay have fun!)

Addison looked behind her as Mr. Johnson revealed his location and watched him walk away. She turned back around and looked up at the window. Nobody had given her any indication on if they were done or not. She walked over to the ladder and climbed back up into the fire escape, peering through the window once she was at the top. Everything inside was ransacked and messy, but there was no sign of her partners. Addison climbed through and cautiously moved through the mess, discovering that they had looted everything and left the apartment without her.

In anger she balled her fists and kicked at a short table, knocking it and a lamp down. The lamp shattered as it made contact with the floor and the light-bulb flickered off. Addison went back to the window and, once again, made her way down the ladder. It would be best to leave the area if the cops were potentially going to show up soon. She stuffed her hands in her pockets as she left as quickly as possible, hoping to avoid anyone else. She wasn't very happy at the moment.

As she turned the corner and walked down the street Mr. Johnson's words echoed in her mind. If it came down to it and she had to choose a side, who would she choose? It would be cool to be a hero, but...wouldn't that be dangerous? She'd be sticking her neck out for people who wouldn't give two shits about her when she wasn't helping out. Her thought was that the life of a criminal might be more suitable, especially considering what she had just participated in. Addison sighed and crossed her arms as she walked down the dimly street.

JEBtheGamer1

Post by JEBtheGamer1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:56 pm