[REQ] SULFUR CITY

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Hunuki

[REQ] SULFUR CITY

Post by Hunuki » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:01 am

This setting is QUITE mature. Themes of drugs, violence, strong language, and adult themes (Keeping with the site rules of course) will be a normal part of this setting. If you can't handle such things or can't act like an adult around these themes then please stay away.

About 40 years ago the world went to absolute shit. A global war broke out about who the fuck knows what anymore, probably some religion or some dumbass resource that doesn't really matter anymore. Either way, the world seemed fit to screw everyone and everything over this time around, wanting to make the events of WW2 seem like child's play. So a mass military abduction of children happened and were tested on and fucked with until super soldiers had been made. They were called Izen, and had been trained to murder and kill. Their bodies were far more durable and stronger than humans, reflexes and intuition far surpassed anything else. And yet most of these super soldiers either went insane during the war, or mentally broke down after enough time. And the governments that created them simply didn't give a damn and left these soldiers to die or kill themselves. Only 20% of all Izen that were made survived the war, but even less than that remained stable enough to live a normal life.

After the war the world that was left was a destroyed and hellish place. There were no winners, all sides had lost millions, both innocent and not. It was at that time that One family decided enough was enough and took matters into their own hands.

The Einhuld family were some of the world's richest gun runners and traders. Producing most of the ballistic missiles used during the war. Because of this their family, more than any other after the war was in a massive position of global power. But instead of helping the rest of the world and rebuilding it, the Einhuld family decided to create it's own nation, building it from scratch. This nation is Sulfur City, a man made continent the size of what used to be Texas. Out in the middle of the ocean Sulfur City is a massive metropolis full of those that have given up on the rest of the world. Sulfur City is also a refuge to any and all Izen that seek a home. While everyone one else has to pay to get into the city. Izen are allowed in free and are taken care of, in some small way to pay for the horrible treatment that they had to endure during the war.

Now while Sulfur is a safe haven it's far from sunshine and fuckin' rainbows. The city is run by three families, each own their own little piece of the town.

The Hanazaki control the West District, where the docs are and where all imports and exports go. If yer arriving to Sulfur you're on their turf first. The West District is also the home of most of the brothels and gambling parlor's and Cabaret clubs. Thankfully prostitution is legal and taxed by our lovable leaders. So if yer lookin' for a good damn time, the West District is the way to go.

East district is home to the Morola's. Run by a rumored ex mob family back when they existed the Morola control the industry and factories in Sulfur. From metal, to glass and most of Sulfur food supplies and clean water. The city wouldn't be where it is now without the Morola's contributions. Just.. don't get on their bad side or decide to mess with the family.. Unless you wanna be wearin' cement shows at the bottom of the fuckin' ocean.

The North and South District are run by the Einhuld family. The founders of Sulfur. Most of the North and South are the main living areas. Apartments, high rises and houses are mainly up north. While hospitals, clinics, rehab centers, and even t he occasional church reside down south. If you need a place to stay or are full of bullet holes the North and South district is where you wanna be.

So that's the basics... now that you know the rundown of the city. It ain't Paradise, but it's damn sure better than dealing with anywhere else in the world right now. So what brings you here huh?

Business or Pleasure?

PLAYLIST TO THE RP. LISTEN FOR YOUR OWN PLEASURE

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... HkgTMOH_Uc
Last edited by Hunuki on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hunuki

Re: [REQ] SULFUR CITY

Post by Hunuki » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:01 am

General Rules
  1. Everything must follow the Rules and Guidelines of RP-Forums.
  2. Everything I say is law, and I get the final word. (As RP owner, but all RP-Forum Staff is, of course, the ruling force)
  3. Don't argue with me over my rulings. Whatever I say goes, and arguing will get you kicked out. It only shows that you are incapable of following what I have in mind. If I have an issue with something, I will say so. This is to preserve the quality of the rp. Just because it's in simple, doesn't mean it has to be crappy. If something doesn't make sense, couldn't happen, is against the rules of the world, don't get all bitchy when I say so. [See also rule 4 in RP Rules.]
  4. Keep curse words to a minimal, though I'd prefer you to not curse at all.
RP Rules
  1. This is Literate RPing. Full Sentences, good grammar, no asterisks.
  2. No God Modding. This includes: No grabbing, moving, throwing, hitting, or anything with a completion without giving the target a chance to respond. You cannot grab someone and move them successfully in one post. I give permission to ignore anyone who 'auto' does anything. This is an offence that will get one warning before being kicked out. It is not a hard concept.
  3. No permanent physical or mental damage without consent. This rule is an expansion of Rule 2. If this happens, I give permission to ignore it. If it happens again, the offender is out.
  4. No Metagaming. In case you don't know this term, it means do not use RPer knowledge to influence your characters. Your character does not automatically know what you do, so don't have them act as such. This is something that really bugs me, and I WILL say something if a character unrealistically knows something when they gave no reason as to how they know it.

Hunuki

Post by Hunuki » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:02 am

[Reserved for CS]

WELCOME TO SULFUR CITY! PLEASE FILL OUT THIS GENERAL INFORMATION FORM

THIS FORM IS FOR HUMANS

NAME:

HEIGHT:

WEIGHT:

BLOOD TYPE:

BIO:

PERSONALITY:

APPEARANCE:

EXTRA:

THIS FORM IS FOR IZEN ONLY

NAME:

HEIGHT:

WEIGHT:

BLOOD TYPE:

WEAPON SPECIALIZATION: (Every Izen was trained to excel with one weapon, weither it be martial or firearm to explosive)

DEFECT: (Every Izen developed a defect when they were changed, these can vary quite significantly from one Izen to another, some can simple be scarred or deformed, to missing internal organs, blindless or deafness, to mental disorders)

BIO:

PERSONALITY:

APPEARANCE: (NOTE THAT THE MAIN TRAIT ALL IZEN SHARE ARE METALLIC SHARP TEETH. YOU DO NOT NEED TO FIND A PICTURE OF SOMEONE WITH TEETH LIKE THIS IS IT IMPLIED IF YOU SUBMIT AN IZEN CHARACTER SHEET)

EXTRA:
Last edited by Hunuki on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hunuki

Post by Hunuki » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:02 am

[Reserved for Accepted]

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:33 am

Hell yeah, I'm down for this!
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:41 am

NAME:
Addison "Addy" Lockwood.
HEIGHT:
5' 3"
WEIGHT:
115 lbs.
BLOOD TYPE:
O+
BIO:
Addy has essentially grown up on her own for the most part of her life. When she was a young child, she was born in Sulfur City to a pair of troublemakers. They lived in one of the more poverty-stricken parts of town, but they got by on dangerous and illegal jobs that paid rather well. If there was a roof over their heads and food on the table, things were going on fine. Addy had only just turned seven when her parents were both taken from her. She doesn't remember much of what happened that night, but she knows that her parents will probably never come home.

It was a dark night when it happened. Addy's parents were already on edge because of issues in their line of work, but they had also received word that one of the families caught wind of who they were and what they did. A few bags were packed in the corner of the room, Addy cradled in her mother's embrace as her father paced the floor. A fire crackled in the corner. Out of the blue, glass began to shatter. Addy remembered being taken by her mother and moved to a hidden room where she was not to leave from. There was a lot of commotion upstairs before everything went quiet. She didn't leave the room until the next morning, and there was nothing at all when she came up. It was as if her family hadn't existed at all.

Addison quickly got on her feet. She taught herself how to deal with shit and move on. There was a place for her to stay, at least. She was better off than most people. Addy resorted to theft and taking over a few of her parent's old jobs in order to survive, and now she is a known troublemaker...just as her parents were.
PERSONALITY:
Addy is an abrasive person. She is one to lash out at others and push them away with her sarcastic personality than ever get close to someone. Being rather distrusting of others, Addy would never willingly go out of her way for someone else unless there was something in it for her. With time and patience from someone looking to gain her "friendship," they may achieve something close to it. Once gaining this so-called friendship, Addy is indeed a loyal and protective friend. She is also described as rather aloof and off-putting, and does happen to often find a way to get in trouble.
APPEARANCE:
aaxupvuudcwlet5p4xj1 (1).jpg
aaxupvuudcwlet5p4xj1 (1).jpg (34.32 KiB) Viewed 2030 times
Addy normally wears a large plaid shirt and ratty, torn jeans along with a pair of dirty black shoes. She has a cross necklace that she almost never takes off. A small scar is placed over the right side of her upper lip.
EXTRA:
None.
Last edited by Gecko on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:37 am

Ooh! Hunuki, could my character be party of the Ex-Mob family, if possible of course!
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:43 am

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:39 am

yeah, you can work for one of the three. as for being an actual family member, he'd have to clear it.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:43 am

Okay Kali, thank you! I wasn't going to make them party of the family anyway, he'd just have close ties with them of some sort or something along those lines
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:43 am

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:44 am

yeah, that's fine. He can work for them or that sort of thing. Hunuki will clear it completely when he gets up and on tomorrow.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡