(REQ) All That Remains

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
JoJoTheZombie

(REQ) All That Remains

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Year 2025

The streets were quiet, littered with abandoned cars and bikes that had began to build a layer of rust from the elements. All was quiet, except for the low hum of a worn looking jeep scooting across the broken pavement illuminated by the headlights. At the wheel sat a bearded man with a stale cigarette in his mouth, Ryan Boyd, guiding himself around the obstacles in the street through the nights dim glow. Next to him sat a very large dog, jet black fur with a white spot on his chest and nose. The pair were on a hunt for their next home, having run out of resources from their small town in Southern Louisiana months ago. Their path was one with no real destination, though the pair had mutually agreed on somewhere with much more mild conditions. Best stay out of the blistering heat, the summer was a hot one this year. The thought of summer reminded Ryan of a time where people would gather at beaches to cool off and enjoy their day, an activity his family would often partake in growing up. Those days are long gone, and those memories are now only that.. Memories.

November 13th, 2022, almost three years since everyone vanished. Not a trace of a soul for hundreds of miles. The entire gulf coast was empty. No explanation. But for so long Ryan remained in denial that he was the only one left. Although as the days grew longer and time moved on, his hope shrunk thin. After two years alone he'd been pushed to the edge, desperate for any sort contact, conversation. His dog Nova wasn't exactly a chatterbox either. Having been on his own for so long, Ryan had dropped any rules or laws that had been set in place by the people before, living by his own rule; do whatever the fuck I want.

"Whatcha thinking Nova?" Ryan asked his four legged compainion as they made their way out of the city onto the highway. "California? Or Vegas?" The dog responded only with a small tilt of his head, puzzled at his owners question. "Cmon Nova, I don't want to go for the gambling! You know I've never been to vegas." Ryan exclaimed as he took a puff of his cigarette. "Either way lets get the fuck out of Arizona." He added. Nova barked in agreement. "Alright fine, California it is. But when you get tired of the endless sunshine and beautiful scenery, don't come crying to me. " Ryan smirked as he patted his companion on the back.
Suddenly a laarge flash of light in the distance caught Ryan's attention, slamming the breaks as he whipped his head around the see where it came from. There it was again, twice more. "What.. The.." A loud bark came from next to Ryan, as Nova nudged him with his nose. With a nod Ryan whipped the car around and headed towards the light with no real direction, and no idea what it could be. But if it there was some chance of it being people, Ryan was going to take it.

---

Hello and Welcome!

I have been itching to make another end of the world rp, only this time theres no zombies, no monsters, and (almost) no people. The idea is you are the only ones left, but have been alone (or with a very small group, like 2 or 3) for quite some time. The objective is to slowly bring our characters together and develop a story around their union as they try to rebuild some sort of society. Ultimately there will be a main plot (the light) that will eveuntally.. Ehmm.. Come to light. Until then i hope you all enjoy the process. And yes.. There will be surprises along the way.. Enjoy!
--------

I will make a cs page once i get some interest mayb?

Rosalie
Silver

Re: (REQ) All That Remains

Post by Rosalie » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:35 pm

I’m interested!
illirica wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Some even said she had put her hand on its underpane.

JoJoTheZombie

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:18 pm

Awesome!

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:19 pm

I'm interested too!

newnostalgia

Post by newnostalgia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:28 pm

I'm interested as well!

JoJoTheZombie

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:59 pm

JLW

Post by JLW » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:36 am

I'm interested in it

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:03 am

I’ll get a CS up tonight!
illirica wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Some even said she had put her hand on its underpane.

JoJoTheZombie

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:22 pm

Sweet i put one of mine up, though its not finished yet. I will be looking to start this hopefully by tuesday if we have enough characters.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:04 pm

Ooh, I love the premise of this! Count me in :D
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!