[1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

ariagrey

Re: [1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

Post by ariagrey » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:14 pm

Lua followed him inside, waiting at the end of the breakfast bar as he opened the door. Her face turned a bright red, the last thing she saw was his smiling face and a wink. She let out a sigh, picking up the champagne bottle and turning it in her hand. Tomorrow. she laughed at herself before putting the bottle in the fridge. The day had been exhausting so she made her way to her room and collapsed on the bed face first. Her right arm reached out, searching for her pillow. When found she dragged it underneath her and hugged it tight. The angel was tired of thinking, tired of wondering. Tomorrow would be another day for all of that.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

The next morning she met Rowan at a cafe. They sat silently at the table, Rowan unnecessarily mixing his coffee and Lua adding creamer to her latte machiato. She took a sip, eyeing Rowan across from her. "Look, i'm sorry. I didn't hear from you and I got worried. I thought something might have happened, can you blame me?" Rowan looked at her pleadingly, his eyes begging for forgiveness. Lua put down her coffee. "I understand. Just chill out some. I could have been deep in research or maybe workingout." She reached across and gently placed her hand on Rowan's arm. "It was just a nap. I was tired." Her friend placed his hand over hers and smiled. "Well then, now that that's settled, we should probably talk about what I called you for."

Lua took another drink of her latte. "Okay, what is it?" She knew they hadn't caught or killed the hunter, he had been with her most of the night. She was curious to know what news Rowan had. "You're not going to like it." Rowan sat back, downing the rest of his black coffee. Lua's brows knit together. "Well quit with suspense Ro and just tell me." Rowan put his hands up in surrender. "I got curious, after you told me to look in to Kotori Magaki. So I did some research of my own." He paused as if contemplating whether to tell her or not. "I think I found out who killed her. The girl. I think I know which angel did it."

Lua nearly jumped out of her seat. She scanned the small cafe, making sure no one was eaves dropping. "Are you sure?" She leaned forward, speaking in a hush. "I mean, I'm like seventy five percent sure." Rowan shrugged. "Who? Who is it?" Rowan began to play with spilled sugar on the table. "You aren't going to like it." Lua almost growled. "Damnit Ro, just tell me!" His eyes met hers before frowning. "Two words: Captain. Leon."

"No. You're lying. That can't be right." Rowan shrugged at her response. "The clue seem to point that way." Lua shook her head in disbelief. "You must be reading your clues wrong." She quickly drank the rest of her latte. "There is no way Leon killed that girl. I have to go." She grabbed her purse and began to walk out. "Lua wait!" She heard Rowan call out for her, but she ignored him.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

The angel practically ran home, trying to avoid flashing people along the way in her faded blue summer dress. She burst through the door, kicking it closed behind her. Her boots stomped on the floor as she paced. There is no way. It can't be right. She felt almost in a panic and she threw her purse on the floor. Lua had hoped it wasn't true, that an angel couldn't commit such an atrocity. It just can't be right. Leon, of all people? part of her wondered if maybe she didn't want to admit it to herself. Am I in denial? No, i'll find out for myseld. See it with my own eyes. she made some calls and asked for records and video files to be sent to her laptop. Rowan tried calling again. She quickly texted that she was busy and turned off her phone, not in the mood to be disturbed by him.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:11 am

“Seth, don’t make rash decisions. I only said I was eighty percent sure.” A young, cracked voice ushered out on the phone, sounding like a journey through puberty. The cellphone was in a death grip, and Seth restrained himself from chucking the device across the room. His hands were sore from staying up last night, and red marker stained his palms. He was out for blood; the only thing that was going to be on his hands when he hunted the damned angel.

A laptop was open on the kitchen island. Video and time stamps of records accessed through backdoor means and collecting personal debts. Pictures were sprawled out on the adjacent dining table with a dried out red marker. Thick red circles drawn around the face of the leader of the angels on Earth, and there were several erratic scribbles over the photos. He tossed his head back, pulling at his short brown strands. He scoffed and laughed darkly, turning maniac. “I don’t give a shit. That’s more than half.”

“Wait Seth—”

“Go jump through the end of the dimensions Presley and stay there.” He slammed the phone onto the table. The screen cracked under the force, and he scrambled to gather the photos while fighting his morals. He gritted his teeth and struggled to manage a coherent thought. The deal, the deal, the deal. Lua... I can’t—i Who gives a damn? The stress hormones and adrenaline surged through his bloodstream, and all he saw was red. To murder, to torture. Pluck the feathers one by one, slice through flesh bit by bit, until the angel begged for his life to be spared. He yelled out in rage and frustration, crumpling the marked photos in his fists. Feet faster than mind, Seth slammed his apartment door with such aggressive force that it nearly broke off the hinges. He cracked his neck from side-to-side. “Time to hunt.”

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Seth didn’t seek out the captain. Instead, he banged on the Lua’s door. He was shaking from the intensity of his anger that he couldn’t tell if he was moving or the floor was coming out from under him. Time seemed to pass in slow motion. He was beginning to lose sensation in his right hand, and his left hand was bound tightly around a handheld gun. He hid the firearm at the front of his body to shield it from the security cameras. What’s taking her so long? Sweat drenched the front of his black t-shirt, and his hair was wet under the dark baseball cap. He breathed heavily. He pounded harder on the wood surface. “Angel, I know you’re in there!” To a passerby, it sounded like he was a significant other, trying to use a cute nickname to disguise a heated argument with his partner, but it was an imposing threat on targeted prey, that he was certain to strike down on.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Lua jumped at the loud banging, her fight or flight being triggered. She stared at the door, waiting for...well, she wasn't sure. Then Seth's voice came from the other side accompanied with more banging. What the hell? The angel rushed to the door, opening it quickly, and yanking him inside. Closing it behind him once more, she shoved him against the door and looked down to see the gun. Her eyes widened and her temper flared. "Are you nuts!? What are you doing?" The angel held him against the door with one palm and she knew he could easily release himself. She had felt his strength before and she could feel it now as his muscles tensed beneath her hand. Her eyes searched his face, as if trying to read his mind, when it came to her. "You know." She said quietly.

Lua leaned a little closer, moving her forearm to his chest. "Seth, I need you to listen to me." She made sure to look him in the eyes as she spoke. "I've been looking into it. It wasn't him. It wasn't him. Have you looked at the pictures? Have you looked at the video? They've been altered." She paused a moment, letting it sink in. "Someone is trying to hide and blaming it on Leon. They know you want blood." Lua could feel the rage coming from inside him. "Put the gun down." Her words were slow and soft. "I swear it wasn't him. I didn't want to believe it, but I had to see for myself. To make sure."

Something clicked in her brain then. She pulled away, removing her arm, but standing where she was. Her gaze was far off, the wheels turning. Her hand came up to her mouth, a thought crossing her mind that felt like a betrayl from her brain. "I-I'll find out who did it. I said I would and I will." Lua walked away finally, returning to her laptop on the end of the breakfast counter.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:51 pm

Seth’s eyes changed vividly as he tried to contain his emotions, going between his instinct and the angel’s words. He knew the words already before he stepped into the apartment. He wished she told him the opposite, so he could have his way with the captain. Glancing down at where her arm once was, he searched her eyes. Digging deep, his eyes steadied and returned to its normal hue. He shakily exhaled and came off the door. Walking behind her, he scanned the laptop screen, and there were the same photos and video. Prying the gun from his fingers, he forcefully set the gun down on the bar. Then he sidestepped and put a hold on her shoulder. “Don’t lie. What did you just think of?”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:45 pm

Lua glanced at his warm hand on her bare shoulder, her eyes following from hand, to forearm, bicep, shoulder, and then into his eyes. She chewed the inside of her lip, her lashes tickling just beneath her brow from looking up at him. "I shouldn't have thought it." Her head shook, waves bouncing, her expression disappointed. "What if...I thought what if it's Rowan." Lua tore her eyes away, ashamed to have thought as such of her best friend.

There was no concrete or even loose evidence that Rowan was involved, but even a rookie Angel could figure out the pictures and videos were tampered with. So either he was being careless or intentionally feeding her false information. Why would he do that? Lua shook her head again. "I don't want to jump to any conclusions." She turned back to him. "And I don't want you going on a murder spree." She jabbed him in the chest, serious, yet playful. "I know it's hard, but you need to trust that i'll find out who killed her. I will not keep it from you. Even if it is my best friend." She meant it. She meant every word and her word was her bond.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:22 am

Seth was unable to understand why the angel was disappointed. Taking his hand off her shoulder, his nostrils flared, and his eyes darted to the gun. He wouldn’t have blinked. He would’ve gone straight after the redhead. But he tried to see where she was coming from.

And there was the matter of staying guarded. He couldn’t get too comfortable with her, in this situation, knowing he might have to kill the angel. Whoever was behind Kotori’s murder knew how he worked and tried to trap him in. He would kill anyone as long as there was justification, warped or not even if it was someone he knew personally. If he killed Captain Leon, the target on his back would have been larger than it was before, and he wouldn’t be standing in Lua’s apartment. He’d be preparing for a blood bath. His lip fought the smirk that tried to make an appearance on his face from her remark. His expression was straight and rigid. “Are you giving me permission?” He said he’d help her, but it was yet to be discussed what that exactly entailed. He planned to repent in hell for the lives he brutally took in the process. The first angel, the one he assumed was the wrongdoer, he broke his will to live, and his death agonizingly slow. He only cared about bringing justice to the woman he loved, and he cared little for the consequences. His word was the only thing that was subduing him, and it was physically tangible through Lua. “Would you let me kill them even if it is your best friend?”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Lua turned to him, studying his face. "Even if it is my best friend." It pained her to say it, but it was true. Whichever angel did this wasn't fit of the title and did not deserve their wings. To take a human life went against everything they were created for. She truly hoped that it wasn't Rowan. Perhaps he was just being careless and missed the signs, but she'd be lying if it wasn't suspicious.

The angel turned back the screen and opened up an email she recieved. As she read she nibbled on her thumbnail. "Guess no champagne today." Maybe it was bad timing, but it was the only thing she could think of to get Seth's mind off murder. She could feel him looming over her, eyes watching. It made her wonder what he thought of her. Was he always thinking of taking her wings? Was death and distruction all he thought about? Revenge? Or did he find her attractive? There was no denying there was a rugged handsomeness about him, you know, if you looked past the assassination of a peoples. He had a great physique, eyes like glittering pools of deep water, and his hands. Lua had a thing for hands and whatever thing that was the hunter had it. She hoped to the creator that his joke had been just that and that he couldn't read minds. The embarrassment alone would be enough to allow Seth to take her life and her wings right then and there.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:21 am

“Hmm…” With the gun in sight, Seth was all too close to trigger-happy. That’s what I call a life for a life. He was very satisfied, but he stopped himself from going in over his head. They didn’t know who it was yet. He watched the angel open her email, then his eyes traveled to her back. Whether he imagined it or not, her pretty white wings teased him of what he couldn’t have, the feathers fluttered ever so slightly. Focus! Blinking, his eyes migrated to the small parts of exposed tanned skin on her neck and shoulders from the fit of her sundress. He couldn’t deter himself and he swept her brown waves over her shoulder. He brushed his hand across her warm skin while purposefully avoiding her wings. She was a beautiful woman and dangerously so. The last thing he needed was to be vulnerable. Control yourself. His eyes flashed violet, and his mouth went against his mind.

“We can drink a little bit. Today wasn’t a complete loss.” He wanted to take her wings and claim her as his own all the same. “Did you just think about me?” He smirked; his eyes shone with mischief. His hands traveled down her arms, and he wondered if she would ever stop tensing every time he touched her. Lua had yet to touch him besides putting a knife to his throat and pushing him against doors, but he wasn’t opposed to it. He really couldn’t read minds. It was a guessing game along with reading body language. Seeing her embarrassed was his favorite pastime. He moved her hair back onto her shoulders and made sure to tuck a strand behind her ear. “Don’t worry, I think about you too, so we’re even.” He chuckled under his breath.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:30 pm

Lua flinched and then remained frozen as he moved her hair, barely hearing him speak. His rough yet warm hands moved over her skin making her shudder. Her breaths were slow and shallow, the heat creeping up to her face. It felt good and it felt wrong that it felt so good. She closed her eyes as he tucked the strand of hair behind her ear, the pink finally covering her cheeks. She spun to face him, embarrassment and anger coloring her expression. "Why do you do that!? How do you do that?" She shoved him in the chest, but Seth's form barely moved. "This is all just game or revenge for you! Maybe I was thinking about you, what would you say to that?" She shoved him again, her chest was heaving, heart racing, blood pumping. She didn't like being toyed with. The angel growled in frustration, drawing closer as if to say more. His eyes were drawing her in, the smirk on his face. "I know what you're doing and you should be careful."

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:08 pm

Always so rough this one… Seth thought of letting Lua push him, but he didn’t see the fun in that. He enjoyed getting her riled up, admittingly more than he should. Weighing the consequences, there was no harm in taking the edge off one time. Then once becomes twice. Three times and you can’t stop. The knowing thought barged into his head, but he did it anyway. If his memory served, there was a striptease in the works yet to be delivered. See how much he was willing to go, how far the angel could go. He matched her step and pulled to him, her hands in his. “I think that goes for the both of us.” Interrupted by a phone call yesterday, he wanted to pick up where they left off. His mind drifted to Rowan, and the sense to kill resurfaced in the midst of his distraction. Pushing the urge down, he gently circled his thumb on the back of her hand.

“You know why? Because even angels are tempted by devils.”