[Req] Bright Eyes Dull World

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Gecko
Silver

Re: [Req] Bright Eyes Dull World

Post by Gecko » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:23 am

CS:

Name:
Sebastian Lockwood.

Born gender:
Male.

Gender identity:
Male.

Appearance:
Hair: Short, ragged salt and pepper hair.
Skin: Tanned and rough.
Eyes: Bright blue.
Height: 5 ft 10 in.
Weight: 185 lbs.
Body type: Naturally muscly, athletic, strong.

Favorite suit color:
Black or blue.

Personality:
Silent and brooding, Sebastian holds a similar demeanor to a quiet giant of a man. It takes a lot to get more than a few sentences out of him, seeing as he is more straight-to-the-point than most people - if there is something that needs to be said, he won't beat around the bush saying it. Sebastian's style of problem-solving is to take the approach that holds as little attention and mess as possible. Upon first meeting Sebastian, most people can be rather intimidated by his tall and broad-shouldered appearance. However, his friends (as few as there are), extended family (...as few as there are...), and fellow employees would describe him as a good-hearted man and a hard worker. Sebastian isn't afraid to lend a hand here and there to those that need it and ask respectfully. And while he was never really at the top of his class for being book-smart, he soared above all others with his strangely good carpentry skills - something that always took him to a good place. Despite all of the good things that are said about him, he doesn't seem to do so well around kids....

Positive traits: Hard-working, determined, levelheaded.
Negative traits: Tendency to overwork others, sometimes comes across as bitter, rather blunt.
Neutral traits: Not much of a talker.
Hidden traits: A pretty decent dad.

Attributes:
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 6
Stamina: 8
Communication: 4

Bio:
Sebastian grew up with about as average a life as one could get in this day and age. He had two parents and was the eldest of three sons. The sons would go to school and get decent grades, hang out with friends and be stupid kids for a while, and the family would go to church on Sundays. It was a routine way of life that proved to work well for them. During this time, he found that he had a natural aptitude for carpentry, to which he responded to by working twice as hard to make sure that he was the best at what he did. Eventually he graduated high school, went through college to obtain his degree, and found the love of his life: a woman named Amy. The two were deeply in love, deciding to marry only about two weeks after school had ended.

The lovebirds had a baby within their first year together - a feisty little girl they named Addy that lit up their lives. Sebastian managed to snag a job in a small carpentry business that did well and Amy was a new lawyer that constantly worked hard at her job. Things went well for those first couple years of having their little Addy, but then Amy started acting different. She became bitter, snapping at Sebastian constantly or yelling at Addy for reasons that weren't very clear. Feeling rather conflicted and worried, Sebastian began to try and find the reason why Amy was so different. After a short period of research, he found that she had lost her job and taken up drinking and was starting to dive into a bad drug habit, the whole shebang.

He tried to talk it out with her, but it was to no avail. The former lovers now fought constantly, causing a horrid disturbance in the home. They slept in separate rooms at this point and rarely talked to each other without having to reach a boiling point. Yet, during all of the chaotic hell that went on, Sebastian made sure to keep Addy as entertained and happy as possible. Granted he wasn't able to all of the time, but he tried. Again, it was all pointless in the end. As Sebastian faced issues at work himself, he was now starting to see that Addy wasn't doing so hot in school, both in and out of the classroom. She had taken up arguing with teachers, cutting class, and fighting other kids. And on top of that, Amy now wanted to get a divorce.

With his life now seemingly falling apart, his one solace was work and his kid. What nearly pushed him over the edge to madness was Amy attempting to keep Addy to herself. Sebastian fought hard and was able to obtain partial custody on certain days, but it was never easy on either of them - especially when Amy started to ignore Sebastian's days when he was supposed to have Addy. Despite her daughter's desperate pleas to see her dad, Amy would refuse to drive her there. One night, Sebastian had made up his mind: he was going to see his baby girl one way or another. As he sped to his ex-wife's house in a desperate attempt to retrieve his beloved child, he went over repeatedly in his mind what he was going to say to Amy, what he would do when the cops inevitably came to get Addy and arrest him for his actions. As he pulled up into the driveway, the radio began to blare a warning that he simply didn't care to hear at the moment. He walked towards the door...

...and they were gone. No sign of them anywhere. It was almost as if they were never there. Sebastian stood at the front door for long passing hours, trying to decipher where they could have gone. Amy's parents? No, they wouldn't have accepted the two into their home, not with Amy being a mess. Sebastian walked back to his truck and turned it on, only to hear the reports of a horrid outbreak occurring. In a bit of a daze he was able to follow instructions and, with a couple of choices he made for his own benefit, ended up at the bunker. Since then, Sebastian attempted to contact everyone he and Amy knew, friends and family that might've known where they fled to, but it was to no avail. That was years ago now, and while the search will never stop, the chances of finding his baby girl are looking extremely bleak.

Introduction:
Towards the upper levels of the bunker, the mechanical sounds of a whirring buzz saw accompanied by the smell of freshly cut walnut wood emanated from a small studio-home. Inside of the building was copious amounts of sawdust and bits of broken and misshapen lumber strewn about. It was probably not up to any code concerning a clean work space, but it was evident that it didn't matter in this place. A large table housed a long flat piece of wood with a jig connected at the end of the table. A man with broad hulking shoulders and a small pool of sweat around his back hefted the material up and carefully guided it into the jig, where he locked the bolts. His tanned muscles strained under the weight of the wood, but his face showed no struggle. Coulda been doin' this years ago with them.

His black suit was pulled halfway down and tied around his waist, revealing the plain grey shirt underneath. It was a lot easier to work with; the suit usually got too hot and was in the way. Shoddy craftsmanship meant bad business, and shredded sleeves would just look bad out in public. Salt and pepper hair was matted to his face as unfocused grey eyes stared down at the work. He gave his grizzled beard a quick scratch as he pulled out a handheld saw, lining it up with a marked out spot on the wood. She didn't have to take her. Kiddo coulda been with me.

He sawed back and forth with a gradual intensity that mirrored his growing frustration. His hand came dangerously close to the blade, but with years of training under his belt he knew that he'd be perfectly fine. Wood chips flew up at his eyes and face, though the plastic goggles he wore protected him from gaining a splinter in the eye. He didn't care. The one-sided conversation occupied his mind far more. His arm pushed back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, the wood nearly began to splinter and break apart. Goddamn woman took everything from me.

My house. My family.

...my child.

The wood clattered to the floor as he was sent forward a couple of steps in surprise, the saw falling out of his hand. His fingers barely caught the counter on the opposite side, his breath starting to slow from having worked himself so hard. The goggles were yanked off of his head and tossed onto the counter, a small clatter coming from the same area. He glanced upwards and squinted some, a soft glint coming off of a silver picture frame. Quietly and carefully he approached it, gingerly taking it into his hands. A cracked photograph of his family.... Addy was cuddled between them, the biggest smile on her face. Kid had a scar on her lip from falling off of her bike after insisting she didn't need the help. His heart began to ache as he traced his finger over her face.

A knock rapped at the door. He took his time, even when the knocking happened several other times. He gently set the picture down and wiped his hands from the sweat and dust, the approached the door. A short, chubby little man stood before him. "Mr. Lockwood?"

"That's me," he responded gruffly. "Call me Sebastian, Mr. Lockwood's not my style."

"Ah, okay. Sebastian, I happened to be walking by and just wanted to check in on my commission. It's been a couple of days, I want to be sure that we're getting the job done...?" Sebastian let out a sigh as he used the loose sleeve of his suit to wipe some sweat from his forehead.

"Yes, it's gettin' done. It's a one-man job with limited resources, so I gotta be careful. Which means you've gotta be patient, sir. I was workin' on it until you interrupted me."

"Hm. Alright, as long as it's getting done, I suppose. Have a nice day, Mr. Lock-"

"Sebastian-"

"-wood." The man trailed off once again, Sebastian watching as he went. He exhaled deeply and stood at the door, appreciating some time out of the workshop. Too many old memories at once; he didn't want that. He glanced next door and saw the Thompson's house, seeing them shuffle around inside. If he remembered correctly, it was the girl's birthday today. Seemed like a sweet kid...too bad he could only feel guilt whenever he saw kids these days. It was nice watching that little family grow up.
Last edited by Gecko on Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:26 am

Good start! I'm here to help if the numbers confuse you

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:27 am

Thanks! I'll try and get it done tomorrow

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:39 am

<3

JoJoTheZombie

Post by JoJoTheZombie » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:19 am

Killer Ice Cream wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:42 am
Alrighty then! Goodness, that's a brutal childhood. I looooove it. So rich in story.

Well I'm thinking we should split up into teams then, six people on one thread will be nuts.

If you have any preferences on who you want to be paired with let me know.
What do you mean?

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:49 am

Just about everyone is talking about submitting their sheet.

That's six people, and in my experience that's a lot

And weighing everyone's post frequency I think having me host two of the same thread to prevent people feeling lost in the chaos is a good idea.

So it wouldn't affect any of you at all, and I would have two versions of the same story. Make a little more sense?

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:54 pm

Unless we have people who have lost interest?

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:13 pm

I'm still in.
Dungeons and dragons lite

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:14 pm

Glad to hear it! Sorry it's taking so long.

I hate setting deadlines but I'd love to start soon. Are my WIP sheets going to be ready if we start tomorrow?

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:54 pm

I'm not sure, I have some homework to work on tonight. I don't think it'll take too long, but you can never be certain lol