Do You Want to RP?

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
RoseMoon

Re: Do You Want to RP?

Post by RoseMoon » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:57 pm

so i dont quite understand how this app works ive been trying to work it out and try to understand but im super confused

Sent from my LGLS676 using Role Playing Forums v4.2.2.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:04 pm

Yeah, it can definitely be a little confusing at first ^^" Is there anything in particular you need help figuring out how to work? Like the way the RPs work, your profile, etc.?
xxVictory is Image my destiny.xx

RoseMoon

Post by RoseMoon » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:09 pm

well can we start with rps

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Of course!

So there are three RP sections, Casual, Intermediate and Advanced. Casual is the most relaxed of the three, where you can post as little or as much as you want to. It's a great starting point or just generally good if you want a more chilled out RP experience.

Intermediate is a bit more involved than casual, where posts are typically 5 sentences or more, and the RPs can tend to have more depth to their plots. It's a good section if you want something a little more in-depth than casual.

Advanced is for super-deep story plots with the most dedicated RPers, where posts are normally 10+ sentences.

The sub-boards are usually the same for each section: Boards labeled "Requests" are where roleplays are advertised so people can see them and join. Boards labeled "CSes" are for people to post and store their CSes, or Character Sheets. And the boards marked "RPs" are where you start the actual roleplaying. The "OOC", or Out of Character, boards are just threads where the people in the RP, can chat ABOUT the RP outside of character. That way they can discuss what's going on in the RP, or stuff they wanna do in the RP, without cluttering the actual roleplay thread.

To join a roleplay, it's recommended that you look through Requests to see which RPs are looking for members. Then you can post your character's CS either in the request thread, or in the CS thread if the creator of the RP made one. When your character is accepted, you can jump into the roleplay in the RPs section! The OOC threads are helpful, but optional.

Casual has one extra board, though: Open Range. Open Range is the easiest, most relaxed board to RP in. In Open Range, you don't need to post a character sheet, wait for approval, or post in a whole bunch of threads just for one RP. You just find an RP you like and jump right in with your character automatically, or make your own! It's personally my favorite board.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing- If you have any questions, feel free to ask! ^^

RoseMoon

Post by RoseMoon » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:31 pm

ok makes more sense thank you

RoseMoon

Post by RoseMoon » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:32 pm

now what about my profile

RoseMoon

Post by RoseMoon » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:44 pm

oh and is there a thing we need to follow for the character sheet

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:54 pm

No problem!
Character sheet formats are usually provided by the creator of the RP, so it's typically different depending on which RP you join. You just have to fill out whatever they provide for you ^^

As for your profile, there's three sections when you click to edit it: "Overview," "Profile," and "Board Preferences."

"Overview" is just where you can view forum announcements and check out some things like your PM/post drafts, attachments, subscribed/bookmarked topics etc. Nothing that's really much of a big deal for the most part.

"Profile" is where you can edit your main forum profile, like your profile page, avatar and signature.

"Board Preferences" is where you can change your account settings, such as the time and other things.

RoseMoon

Post by RoseMoon » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:10 pm

thank you

RoseMoon

Post by RoseMoon » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:12 pm

what would you suggest putting on the character sheet