[Xylohem]The World Chalice

ShadFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Re: [Xylohem]The World Chalice

Post by ShadFlow » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:51 am

So we've made it!

Checkpoint!

Saved the game! Double saved it to be sure!

I'm a bit at a loss where I should go from here. I'm thinking I could have Nikita explore the village?

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:57 am

Sure. Do what you want in the village and I'll do my best to get the responses to you quickly and literate. Lol
Your secret is safe with my indifference.

Character Thread,

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Left it open-ended just in case you wanted to throw in your Elf character to this little tour around the Minotaur's quaint village.

Note: I have been doing some SERIOUS work on the Minotaurs Lore! Below is a snippet of their religion. (If any of this breaks your cannon then please tell me and we can either chalk it up to religious unknowns or I can just backspace it.)
Gods of the Minotaur.

-Yashuna
*Names: "Great Mother", "Earth's Warden", "Queen Keeper", "Prime of the Earth"
*Abilities: Ifrit of Earth/Land
*Origin(with the Minotaurs): Yashuna made herself known to the Minotaurs long ago when they roamed as savage tribes. She gave them guidance and they gave her love. Viewing her as their Great Mother, her worship spread quickly amongst the Minotaur. Being so nomadic it was easy for Yashuna to impart gifts on her "children" as where she walked, life sprouted. With her worship also came acolytes, devoted to her and the desire to learn her abilities. So, she selected a few. All that were chosen were female Minotaurs. And after a few years, this small group became known as "Yashuna's Keepers", or "the Keepers". Spreading her influence, wisdom, and love to all of the wayward tribes. Through the times of war, Yashuna taught her children mercy and courage.

-Raivasul
*Names: "Storm Father", "Lord of the Stars", "Prime of the Skies", "Sky Lord"
*Abilities: Ifrit of Storms (Though often they would also call the Ifrit of Sky by the same name as they believed them to be the same.)
*Origin: As Yashuna made herself physically known to the Minotaurs, Raivasul copied her example. The two were not opposed and at times they would appear together before multitudes of Minotaurs. It was concluded that the pair were husband and wife. With Yashuna's great following this aided Raivasul as many then began to flock to worship him. For a time he gave to them order and knowledge. Though his presence did not remain like Yashuna. While she continued to walk amongst their people, he often wandered far from Minotaur lands only to return with the next rainfall or crack of thunder. Those who chose to follow and seek the power and strength of Raivasul were known as Storm Priests and often would commit rituals to call upon him so that farms and lands may be graced by the rain. However, even with his attention always on the horizon, Raivasul always held his people, the Minotaur's, close and sent any gifts he could in exchange for their love and worship. Through the times of war, Raivasul taught his children honor and tact.

-Atinalk
*Names: "Consuming Shadow", "Prime of the Void", "Master of Nightmares", "Lord of Lightless Night"
*Abilities: Ifrit of Abyss
*Origin: Atinalk, just as Yashuna and Raivasul, walked amongst the Minotaur in the early days. Yet, any who would cross his path and not bear their weapons would be cut down. Rather than attempting guidance or order, Atinalk gave to the Minotaur the refined teachings of war. In exchange, he demanded sacrifice and worship. Some clans, who held fast to the savageness of their ancestors, were proud to accept his terms and were given great strength. Though, even as Yashuna and Atinalk were opposites, Keepers were still welcomed and respected in the tribes and clans that worshiped the dark God. Those who chose to devote themselves to the full teachings of Atinalk became Mages of Blood. Through the times of war, Atinalk taught his people and all Minotaur ruthless ferocity and unwavering strength in the face of death.

Character Thread,

ShadFlow

Post by ShadFlow » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:05 pm

Gave it a good read, looks good!

I myself have been working on some lore involving the Elves, Orcs and a new race

ShadFlow

Post by ShadFlow » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:54 pm

Hope you're staying safe with all this nonsense going around

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:05 pm

As safe as I can. Though still working, which is good I guess. But got a bit busier now that everyone is home.

Character Thread,

ShadFlow

Post by ShadFlow » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:59 am

For my next post, I wanted to explore some of the village with the soldier but I really don't have any idea of any interesting places. Have any ideas where could be some intriguing places that could give more insight into Minotaur culture?

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:01 am

I'd be delighted too.
Tents for Trade
There are many different tents in the village itself that Nivis failed to describe. Quite a few along the main path are even opened fully with planks of wood only holding up the uncertain roof of these establishments. Under Nivis' order, the Minotaur race has taken up, once again, the process of creating metal weapons. The old ways of forging were lost and masters of the blacksmithing craft were slaughtered for their talent in the wars between the Elves and Minotaur. Yet, with some recent discoveries, which can be seen both in the Keeper's tent and in these blacksmithing tents, they have begun to take up the practice. These tents are black with silver tips on their highest point. The silver is a metal cap for the tent made by the blacksmith that inhabits the tent. The cap itself is set to keep the cloth from blowing away. (There are three blacksmiths among the Minotaur who have deemed themselves up to the challenge of recovering any heritage they can when it comes to old weapons made by Minotaur hands.)

However, the process is slow, changing from a highly tanning society due to their degradation by the Elves. Plenty of tents are open that specialize in fur and fur-trading. These tents are brown with a lining of fur. With Nivis' desire to rekindle the Minotaur's old strength and embrace the outside world, some of these Minotaur are more accustomed to outsiders as while hunting for new pelts they have traded with Hestian's who seemed honorable. There are two different factions that lead the ten different tanners. One holds sway when it comes to trading outside of the Minotaurs borders. Their tents are marked with the Hestian symbol for commerce. While the other faction enjoys keeping their trade within the village. Those who a part of this second faction have an emerald symbol for Yashuna sewn into their tents.
Tents for Strength
Nivis tent is specifically a bright scarlet, easy to spot as it is larger than all save one. A tent more toward the northeastern part of the village is the largest. It is more like a carnival tent in size and its color is a deep scarlet. This tent can be easily opened fully, leaving only the upper portions to guard against the sun during hot summer days. Inside resides a pit arena that is nearly four feet dug into the ground. The pit is often covered when there are no challenges or set matches. However, the pit is also used for training rather than just for sport or sorting differences with fists. This tent is a deep red, like that of blood that has dried.

In similar accord with fighting, all of the Minotaur's weapons, or at least those that they deem should be stored, reside in the only building in the entire village. The base of this building itself is part of old ruins, yet the Minotaurs rebuilt what they could and repurposed the building to contain any weapons they built in excess or any strange or ancient weapons they found. The building has no door, save for the five-ton boulder that blocks the only entrance and exit to the building. (With such a small and trusted population there are no guards positioned around the building. However, with the recent arrival of the group guards are being set to defend the building, the Keeper's tent, and Nivis' tent.)

(As always there will be more but this is what I was thinking about for a while in regards to the more immediate things that would draw someone's attention. Most of the Minotaurs, so long as the soldier is accompanied and respectful, will be reasonably open with him. Yet those set as guards will not be as pleasant.)

Character Thread,

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:34 pm

The tents made of purple are few in number. Only two stand in the village, however these tents hold importance as instruments and music are essential to any proper festival or holy day to the Minotaur. Often these tents are left alone as storage for instruments that are working. But, on the eve of special days, volunteers gather in the tents to repair and make them ready for the next day, or even week, of festivities. During a time of thick rain or snow these tents, and their contents, are taken to the ruined building where they are stored under lock and key with the weapons so they will not incur any major damage. This rarely stops those who desire from keeping their instruments in their own personal tents.

Character Thread,

ShadFlow

Post by ShadFlow » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:29 am

Mhm, yes yes! It's all coming together now, with each and each addition to the Minotaur lore, you grab me by the collar and make me want to delve deeper into their culture myself. I guess you could say I'm using Nikita as a vehicle for my own curiosity