God's Country

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
LibbyM098

God's Country

Post by LibbyM098 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:20 am

Jake Jackson... a dead man... a whisper in the wind.
Standing over grave make his chest tighten up; it had been years since he went and got himself shot. He was better for it tho.
He looked up from his own grave and let out a soft sigh.
Georgia was a beautiful place and would be different then how he was in Alabama. Georgia would be a good place

He straightened his clerical collar before getting back onto his beautiful black, friesian horse and went to ride over the border.

In Georgia he reached a small town called Silver Creek.
Silver Creek was the town he had been sent to. It's old preacher died from alcohol poisoning. It was obvious that he didn't practice what he preached.

He got off his horse and rubbed it's neck before walking over to the church.
He looked over the old building and it was obvious to him that the town was more occupied on keeping it's saloons in order, instead of the church.

He walked up the stairs and opened the doors to the dusty church. He had some work ahead of him, but he was willing to do it.

As he looked through the interior he senced ssomeone was standing in the doorway.
He turned around to see a beautiful red head with green captivating eyes smiling at him.
She wore a dark green dress and a dark brown working, sun hat.

He smiled softly and took off his black hat.
"Good evening, Ma'am. I'm-"

She cut him off with her sweet southern voice. "Solomon Rivers. It's a pleasure to have you finally in town."

He grinned at her and took a look around the church. "It appears no one has used this church for a while. Can I ask your name?"

She smiled softly took a look in the church. "Madison Kelly. Lived around this town my whole life... And no one has been in here since Thompson died... although he was more worried about drinking then the good Lord. Are you a drinking, Man?"

She had a lot to say. He shook his head and looked over at the town from the windows. "No, Miss Kelly... I am not."

She smiled and nodded at him as she started to walk away. "Good. I'll see you Sunday, Mr Rivers."

Solomon smiled to himself as he watched her walk away.
Sunday couldn't come any sooner... And he had a lot of work to do between now and then.

Just seeing if anyone would be interested is doing a western. The basic story line is;
Even tho Solomon Rivers believes he now a new man and his past is dead... the dead have a way of coming back to life.
His new live doing God's work could all come crashing down if the townsfolk found out who he really was or worse... the people from his past find him.

You can be anyone from the town and run your own business. Enjoy this wild story and expect anything to happen.

This idea came to me when listening to the song God's Country by Blake Shelton.

Psycho_Jamie

Re: God's Country

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:06 pm

This sounds interesting.
What do you want the CS to contain and may I ask around what year this is going to be set?

cz_invazion
Bronze

Post by cz_invazion » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:38 pm

I am also interested
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.

LibbyM098

Post by LibbyM098 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:04 pm

Awesome! I'll make up a sc sheet and page for you both!

Ares

Post by Ares » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:26 pm

You know, I've been itching to do some western RP for a while now. I'll join in if there's room.

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:00 am

I believe the author prefers the Character Sheets to be posted directly into the CS thread. I'm sure they'll take a look if you put it there

LibbyM098

Post by LibbyM098 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:00 am

Ares wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:26 pm
You know, I've been itching to do some western RP for a while now. I'll join in if there's room.
Yes there is! You are more then welcome.

LibbyM098

Post by LibbyM098 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:01 am

Psycho_Jamie wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:00 am
I believe the author prefers the Character Sheets to be posted directly into the CS thread. I'm sure they'll take a look if you put it there
Thank you! And you can start rping if you like. I have the rp up. It has just been pushed down the line.