[Req] In insania... [Small group or 1x1]

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
cz_invazion
Bronze

[Req] In insania... [Small group or 1x1]

Post by cz_invazion » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:26 am

(this is just a place holder I'll finish it soon)

Our lands for as long as anyone can remember have been cursed; people, villages, towns, cities have fallen under it's terrible demise. Madness spreading, turning families on each other, people becoming savages, becoming monsters, causing complete and utter chaos! And it feels there is almost no hope for life or to go on... Almost...

King after king have had a special group of fighters, scholars, clerics and mages who roam the lands to find where the curse has begun to spawn and destroy it before it can spread. The Dark Hands, as they are called, are that special group who only awnser to the king tirelessly work to keep what is left of life sane. But something is brewing in the distance... Something that no one has seen before.

This is one of the ideas I've had brewing for sometime. Inspired by darksouls' abyss watchers and bloodbourne

-------------
Rules:

comply with rpf intermediate rule set so none of us get into trouble.

If you have a disagreement with someone pm about it don't agrue here. If you disagree with me than tell me I will not punish you for it.

If you want to make a surprise or do something over extreme. Please inform me you are going to something of the sort. You don't have to tell me everything but please let me know ahead of time so I can work the story around or I will tell you wait because I might already have something planned.

Yes this story is going to be dark and scary but there's no need to go overboard. If someone dies they die but you don't need to go into how something slowly but it into small pieces with extreme detail.

If your going to try romance keep it appropriate to rpf I don't want people turning this into something they can get their rocks off with.
-----

Character
Name:
Sex:
Personality: (short or atleast original. Not everyone needs to be super edgy and depressing. Show some originality)
Bio: (you can go into detail but you can also keep it short if you want.)
Weapons: (main and secondary)( I am going allow black powers pistols but don't go crazy on weapons. When I said bloodbourne I ment in theme so no switch weapons)
Equipment: (trinkets or tools of the trade)
Abilities: (miracles, pyromancy, and magic I will go into more detail. YOU DONT NEED TO HAVE MAGICAL ABILITIES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO)
------
Magics- I am putting a small twist in magical abilities. Seeing as we are specially trained soldiers if you use magic you basically have free will but I'm putting trust in you that you won't go crazy with it because in this world if you us magic too much it will affect your body and possibly kill you.

Magic: if you use too much you'll go as mad as the people who have fallen to the curse.

Pyromancy: if you're not caregi and use it too much you'll burn alive in a fire that can't be put out

Miracles: if you preform too many miracles your soul can rot and you'll find yourself too weak to move or even breath.
And of course if you don't preform the spell or cast correctly it can have unexpected consiquences.

And lastly you can improve your casting with trinkets. Like for magic you can keep your spell book nearby it improve them. If you carry flammable oils or kindling you can make your fires more potent. And if you carry holy water or a cross your miracles can heal and do more.
Last edited by cz_invazion on Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.

Kontradiction

Re: [Req] In insania... [Small group or 1x1]

Post by Kontradiction » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:46 am

Kontra reporting for duty!

Tanith
Platinum

Post by Tanith » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:24 am

This sounds epic!!! Id love to join!
Last edited by Tanith on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Books are better than People

Kodi

Post by Kodi » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am

I'm definitely interested, if there's space for me
Kodi

cz_invazion
Bronze

Post by cz_invazion » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:07 am

Hey guys I'm sorry I took so long to.post but with hours at work it's been hard to find the energy. But I posted a small Cs and some rules and information. Any questions please.let me know hopefully when I get more.adjusted to the hours we can start soon if you guys are still interested.

Kodi

Post by Kodi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:21 pm

Character Sheet

Name: Father Samuel

Sex: Male

Personality: On the surface, the priest is kind, selfless and altruistic, however a troubled past leaves him with deep-rooted pessimism and anxiety.

Bio: Thomas Foreman was raised in a destitute peasant village, forced to work as a farmer from a young age. He had always been somewhat religious, but did not attend church in his youth. One night, as a young man, Thomas flew into a drunken rage and began arguing with a friend of his. The confrontation escalated to a fight in which Thomas hit the man with a bottle, killing him instantly. Horrified by what he'd done and being pursued by the hateful townspeople, he fled into a nearby cave.

After many days without food, Thomas was thin and weak. His pursuers had given up trying to find him, assuming his death. In what would have been his last few hours, Thomas prayed for the first time in years, begging the lord for forgiveness. He then saw (or hallucinated) what he perceived to be a holy apparition, which spoke to him the words of God -- he must forge a new live in servitude of the lord.

That night, Thomas stole into the forest, emerging in the capital city by morning. There, he went by Samuel Bennett and admitted as a monk in the city's monastery. Over many devout years, Samuel became a priest, and then a bishop, gaining great favour with the King. Now one of his most trusted allies, Father Samuel has been asked by the King to join his expeditioning group to investigate and quash the mysterious evil plaguing the land.
(Sorry this was very long, but I felt the backstory was worth explaining)

Weapons: No weapons, though crosier may be used if necessary.

Equipment: Crosier (bishop's staff), episcopal ring, bible, pectoral cross and vials of holy water.

Abilities: Miracles and healing abilities. Samuel is also fairly proficient in herbology, able to make potions to aid with healing and provide certain effects.
Kodi

Tanith
Platinum

Post by Tanith » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:52 am

Would it be at all possible for my OC to be a knight of the kings. Maybe not a high ranking one so he is taking on this quest to be in the kings favour

cz_invazion
Bronze

Post by cz_invazion » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:59 pm

Its perfectly within the realm of possibility for you to be a knight. Just be careful in how it's done, (example: Don't be covered head to toe in fancy ornate armor, keeps your arms list reasonable)

@Kodi
I like your character alot. I am curious to see how you will integrate it into the rp.

Tanith
Platinum

Post by Tanith » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Yeah of course! I was thinking of a basic chainmail shirt and a simple Sword nothing fancy

cz_invazion
Bronze

Post by cz_invazion » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:57 am

@tanith

I fell like I should clarify. The king's name it's King Heinrich III and the country we are I is Yuktobotainia.