[ONE]The World Chalice

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
ShadFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

[ONE]The World Chalice

Post by ShadFlow » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:57 am

The World Chalice.

The very device used to seal away the Ifrits of Calamity centuries ago. Beasts, docile by nature but if antagonized could bring about a wrath of natures most prominent forces. Some fool would do so, and the old Elven kingdom sought to prevent it. Creating the Chalice and sealing them within to prevent fools from ever angering an Ifrit. But despite the intention, the Chalice was also the fuel of a mass conquest which eventually led to its demise.

The king believed that it was his peoples gods that gave them the knowledge to seal the beasts. For them to prosper among the rest. And that by principle, the world was therefore property of his kingdom and gods. It became a rallying cry for his forces, and they marched onto other lands. Spreading influence and taking control of weaker nations giving choice: be indoctrinated or be conquered. Those that willingly succumbed, were thrown into the bottom of the societal pyramid. Being laborers and servants and being converted. Those conquered, were enslaved. Stripped of their culture, their histories and integrity under the pretense of "denying-divination". The Elven claw expanded far beyond its own borders growing its Empires strength. Eventually reaching the land that would reverse conquest. The Orcish Federation.

The Orcs, an honorable people who kept to themselves; but their wrath was something to be feared as history recalls. Despite Elven efforts, Orcish resistance pushed back. Their dominant might and tenacity overpowering what the Elven Kingdom had in numbers--back from their borders. As expected fighting did not cease. Opposing forces continued to attack Orcish borders and were met with difficult resistance. It wasn't until Orcs and Humans forces allied that the Empire received noticeable resistance. The decade long struggle broke; the Alliance pushed the Empire farther and farther. Orc might and Human ingenuity, took them by surprise. Territories under Elven control were losing their grasp as the Alliance continued pressing forward. Although two decades of back and forth conflict, the kingdom fell.

With a rebellion exploding within, the Alliance was able to storm the Elven kingdom. Rampaging the capital city, executing the king and his entire bloodline. Rather than destroying the Chalice, it was used as a symbol. The Alliance took control of the old kingdom and established a confederate. Where the Orcs were the ruling order. Lands were restored under customs of the confederate. The Elves were punished, a civilized society was established which was granted the name of "Hestia". Under Hestia customs, politics, education, and philosophy advanced as years passed. And while there are many other lands and countries that exist, Hestia is the first of its kind. A union of cultures, and races brought together by one unlikely force....almost as if it were the will of destiny.

=====

The Story:
Chapter One-
"The Nexus"

In the mountains of Orthstein, the temple of the Chalice erupted a spire of light piercing the sky. The result, a nexus connecting both this plane of existence and another. Full of creatures of malice and corruption. These creatures we've adopted the name of the "Wicked" and are the knowingly closest relatives to demons. Often summoned by Necromancers bound to their control. But these Wicked are unshackled. And as implied are causing rampant chaos. The nexus grows with each passing day, allowing more dangerous Wicked to cross to this side. Only the World Chalice, the very artifact used to seal away the Ifrits of Calamity centuries ago, has the capability to seal the nexus and banish the Wicked. However with the temple of the Chalice being the very source of this crisis , it is uncertain if it remains intact. If not, then the world is doomed.

Only by entering the Wicked infested mountain passages, and reclaiming the temple will that be known. For those of courage who wish to partake in this expedition know that the journey is perilous. Many have died defending the line preventing as many Wicked as possible from spreading through out the world. The path you take is no different. The days are numbered. And the questions that are being asked cannot be answered. Only by retrieving the Chalice if it remains and sealing the Nexus are important.

Be you soldier, noble or the common farmer. We all are threatened and thus a call-to-arms has been made! Defend your home! Defend your world!

===
The Three Prime Races:
The world is comprised of many races. Some not involved with Hestia in farther undiscovered lands. While Hestia is made up of many diverse races, there are three who have the most representation due to historical relevance. Other races have fair amounts of representation in most social classes and keep the economy and political climate stable.

Orcs: The ruling class ever since the beginning. They are sprinkled about each class, but have the most influence in major politics. A people once split into various tribes, it took the Elven assault to unite them. By tradition they are a people who prize matriarchal societies. While maintaining politics they still hone traditional warrior values and do not believe in a one-ruler based government. A council agrees upon laws and members of the council are decided through certain merits.

Humans: The second most represented and influential class. Being the longest allies of Orcish-kind, humans have much influence in politics as well. More Humans are seen scattered in every social class in just about every occupation.

Elves: No rights. No liberties. That's how it started as their punishment. After being conquered the Elves were stripped of everything. Made into slaves and servants. Elves hold no seat of power or political representation making up the majority of the lowest classes. While in current day they can be seen among the common folk, there are codes and laws restricting how far up the societal ladder they can climb. Unable to own businesses or even leave Hestias main cities unless under approved supervision. Elves are also prohibited from learning magic through the 'Arcane Scholia'.

====
Rules
1)Following all the rules of the Intermediate section and RPF is a must. I'm not gonna negotiate about the vital rules that everyone is expected to follow.
2)Cardinal Sins: Meta-Gaming, Auto-Hitting/Killing and everything similar to or in between.
3)Have fun.

ShadFlow

Re: [ONE]The World Chalice

Post by ShadFlow » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:58 am

Extra Lore and Bits

The Arcane Scholia

If you're interested in pursuing Magic, then you must know its a commitment. To pursue the Arcane you pledge yourself to Hestia's military forces, seeing as the Arcane Scholia is a branch of military. Rigorous studies and training, it is usually a small handful of students that ever fully graduate and are admitted completely. Those whom fail are sent to the other branches of Hestia's military forces. Members of the Arcane Scholia, forever serve Hestia until death. A price to pay for magic power.

Other than the "Archmage", the A.S. holds no real power in politics, and mostly advises for magical issues.

After extensive training, members are placed into three classes identifying the type of magic they wield and for their position on the battlefield.

Vanguard: For front line based magics that are purely offensive. Often summoners of magical weaponry, or using other 'battle' based tactics.

Sentinel:
Entirely defensive and providing support to their allies. Most commonly casting barriers or shields. But not limited to.

Caster: Long range that are often very destructive but take longer preparation and or other methods to cast.

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:01 pm

This sounds awesome! If you don't get anyone else to show interest I'd be more than happy to join, if you'd have me.
Your secret is safe with my indifference.

Character Thread,

ShadFlow

Post by ShadFlow » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:36 pm

Hey! I would love to have you!

Pan

Post by Pan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:40 am

Hey, if you're willing to make this a group roleplay, I'd love to join in. Also, I'm new to rpf and still figuring everything out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Role Playing Forums v4.2.2.
databaseoverload wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:25 pm
I can’t believe you guys wrote bay window fan fiction while I was away

ShadFlow

Post by ShadFlow » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:56 pm

I made this a 1x1 simply because I'm already in a ton of group based RPs and it's kinda overwhelming to manage as of now

I still hope you're willing to try it in this format considering you're rather new and you can use this to experiment

Pan

Post by Pan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:25 pm

That's fine. Thanks anyway, though!
databaseoverload wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:25 pm
I can’t believe you guys wrote bay window fan fiction while I was away

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:56 am

Hyacinth Bell wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:25 pm
If you want to learn how to RP a 1x1 is a great way to do learn. Though if you don't want to try then Shad I'd like to join, please.
Your secret is safe with my indifference.

Character Thread,

ShadFlow

Post by ShadFlow » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:19 am

Xylohem wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:56 am
Hyacinth Bell wrote:
If you want to learn how to RP a 1x1 is a great way to do learn. Though if you don't want to try then Shad I'd like to join, please.
Sure thing!

I whipped up a CS Thread for you:
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13736

ShadFlow

Post by ShadFlow » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 pm

ShadFlow wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:19 am
Xylohem wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:56 am
Hyacinth Bell wrote:
Sure thing!

I whipped up a CS Thread for you:
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13736
Okay I forgot to do this before but I also made our very own personal OOC thread:

https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=13747

It comes all inclusive