[Req] Days of Heroes Past

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
HighVoltage
Bronze

Re: [Req] Days of Heroes Past

Post by HighVoltage » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:45 am

Updated Blondie

Gio

Post by Gio » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:47 pm

Character Sheet:

Superman is dead, Lex Luther is dead

Name:
Willow Hathborn

Hero Name:
Lilith

Personality:
Willow is a hothead. She isn’t violent to innocent people, but she has a temper and has been known to threaten people very openly. She is however, a very determined person, and she can’t stand to see people get hurt. She has a soft spot for children and you will never see her get angry at a child. She will try to help her team out if they are in trouble, but if she saves your ass don’t think she will ever let you live it down.

Powers:
Chains of hell: This allows her to summon and manipulate two barbed chains with large hooks on the end. She can control them like her own body, wether that’s by wrapping someone up in them or slashing enemies in half, she can control them very well. These chains are constantly so hot that they glow, however this doesn’t weaken the metal or burn Willow (or those she chooses not to burn). The chains can break, but it’s very hard. If a chain does break it’ll feel like someone broke Willow’s arm. However the chains regenerate after an hour of breaking. She can control the chains with enough strength to send cars flying or to crash through buildings. These chains seem to come out of hellish portals on her back, and she has two circular rune-like tattoos on her shoulderblades that seem to be where the portals come from.

Essence of Hell: Willow has a natural energy about her, and as living things that die around her she will have her adrenaline spike more and more. This doesn’t give her super strength, or invincibility. It only effects her levels of adrenaline. She can reach a higher level of adrenaline then normal humans without negative effects (aside from being tired once it wears off).
She has no knowledge of this ability seeing as she has not been around very much death yet.

Willow also has enhanced durability and stamina, however these are only barely reaching super human levels. Knives won’t pierce her skin and she can handle smaller caliber firearms with only minor bruising, however this is the extent of this lesser power.

Bio:

Willow had a hard life growing up, on the streets at only ten years old when her mother dumped her on the streets to go cross country with her boyfriend, because her mother’s boyfriend got bored of using Willow and convinced her mother to leave the city with him, leaving Willow behind. Since then Willow was a street child. She has never know her real father.

She lived in a very ghetto city, with drugs and crime at an all time high. She has many bad experiences of people who were stronger then her using her weakness against her. But she survived it somehow, and did her best to make her life not a living hell. When she was fifteen she tried heroine for the first time, and not for the last. She spent two years using before getting clean from it, only to move to Cocaine for a year. A year of using that and she got clean only to try something new. When she was around twenty years old she has something very horrible happen to her. She had finally been clean for a whole year before this, and this pushed her to try Datura to leave the world she lived in for a bit. However she was ignorant to its horrific effects. While on Datura she saw everything that has ever happened to her, but only the horrifying stuff, yet even that was manipulated to be more hellish. She saw what she could only describe as hell (and to this day is convinced that’s what it was).

She awoke from her drug induced coma in a cocoon of glowing red chains. However she wasn’t being burned, she actually felt safe. When she left her sanctuary she found that the abandoned warehouse she was living in was destroyed, rubble and debris everywhere, smoke gently rising to the sky. She knew what she had to do. She had to stop it, she had to stop what she saw. And now she had the tools to do it.

She has been practicing her powers since then, and has been clean from the drugs she use to take for over a year (with struggle). She feels ready to fight, and to save others from the hell she witnessed.

Appearance: Image

Alter Ego Appearance:

Extra:
•Despite Willow being “clean” from drugs, she still drinks a lot, smokes a lot, and loves to smoke pot (best way to be her friend is to get high with her).

•Willow is fairly short and skinny. Only being about 4’10” and only weighing about 70lbs. She has tattoos all over her body, however she isn’t sure how she got the two rune-like ones on her back.

•Willow is bisexual, but tries to claim she’s a lesbian. She doesn’t trust men enough to be vulnerable around them, however if someone works for it enough she’ll give in and let them be with her (females don’t really have to work hard if they are attractive, men have to prove that she can trust them).

•Willow’s eyes will glow red while Essence of Hell is actuve, and will grow more red while it gets more powerful. Though not noticeable through the make at first, eventually they can glow bright enough to glow through the mask.
Hello, I am Gio.

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:53 pm

I'm going to have to deny your character Gio. It's a good Character Concept, but there's plenty that just doesn't fit into how the tone of the RP is and some that takes the tone of the RP and takes it to a far off exaggerated state, almost like a black comedy.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Gio

Post by Gio » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:54 am

Oh okay. No problem. Sorry about that.
Hello, I am Gio.

Gio

Post by Gio » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:56 am

Could I possibly make a different character? It’s okay if not, but I had an idea for a healer.
Hello, I am Gio.

Mama Happy
Silver

Post by Mama Happy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:46 am

W.I.P
Superman is Dead, Lex Luther is dead

Name: Touma Kobayashi

Hero Name: Kemuri

Personality: Touma is a friendly guy, having a cold facade on the outside, but quickly dropping it when finds someone he enjoys. He’s a chatty person, enjoying in depth convos to small talk and seeming to understand almost everyone’s interests. But of course he can get mad when it comes to children and innocent people getting hurt. He has little tolerance for assholes, he himself becoming one when he’s upset, and’ll jump at the chance to help someone.

Powers:

Bio:

Appearance:
C296E1C9-A522-4119-A82D-27145339FE83.jpeg
C296E1C9-A522-4119-A82D-27145339FE83.jpeg (270.02 KiB) Viewed 152 times
A5B46530-D0F1-4BB0-9EB5-0DEB2369D27D.jpeg
A5B46530-D0F1-4BB0-9EB5-0DEB2369D27D.jpeg (230.95 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Alter Ego Appearance:

Extra:
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:43 am

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Post by Orophin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:21 am

I was wondering if you were still accepting people into this rp? If you are then I'd love to join in. Also, is this supposed to be set in the DC universe or is it some other type of universe? Just wondering so I can know what kind of boundaries I'm working within whenever I design my character.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:22 am

Still accepting characters.

It's set in its own universe that housed both DC and Marvel heroes in the past. The tone of the RP is Watchmen-esque, where the poor people are less likely to report the heroes, and the police are hunting them down for being vigilantes. All hero history has been mostly wiped from history so unless you're either old, have good connections, or are related to an old hero, you probably wouldnt know too much about them.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Post by Orophin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:30 am

Ok. Would there still be things like comics and other old made up stories of superheroes that the characters could've been inspired by to become heroes even if they didn't know about the heroes of the past?

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:48 pm

There would be, but they'd be the type of thing you'd hide, kinda like a dirty magazine. Don't want anyone to see it but it exists.