Super Robot Wars: Paradox Cascade Chapter 2 IC

TrickRPForeman

Re: Super Robot Wars: Paradox Cascade Chapter 2 IC

Post by TrickRPForeman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:21 am

latch4 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:12 am
Well... At least he was piloting his machine...

Testing out the controls of the simulated body of the Zer∅, it responded to his commands just as well as the day he first set in the cockpit, all the new modifications that were done to accommodate the new plasma reactor working seemingly perfectly and without problems.

However, It felt...hollow, sterile, like the mech he was piloting was an 'It' and not a 'Him'.
It didn't make sense, he wasn't making sense, but he was probably getting conditioned my Naira's talks about the machine spirit more than he cared to admit.

The young physicist shook his head, firing his GM Muskets (which only one was left on reality) to face the new insectoid monsters, dangerously similar to the one he killed on foot a while ago.

It wasn't going to be this easy anymore.
The GM Musket vaporizes the vanguard of heavy armored creatures that charged forward like rams but, a few seconds after firing his GM Muskets alerts start flaring and everything around Zer∅ starts to melt as a single light laser class BETA locks him in its sights. From the warnings he is receiving if he stays out in the open for seconds more his armor will be completely melted off. Meanwhile the oncoming tide of Beta approaches plowing though the city buildings in front of them. They are packed together so tightly its impossible to even see between them. The sky lights up with innumerable beams of light as lazer class BETA lay waist to everything they can get their eyes on and thin out the ever present rain of artery on their back lines.

Alerts flare up informing the two that the squad on the left has fallen to the initial charge and a swam of fleshy crab like monsters charge in from the fallen flank.

beta.jpgbeta02.jpg
Awww, fucking hell, already?! Strike Freedom, launch!

I decided to take advantage of the zero shift defenses and the Freedom's speed, firing potshots at the damn crab things!

Let's figure out your patterns and weaknesses, shall we...

Cavaliere

Post by Cavaliere » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:19 am

latch4 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:12 am
The GM Musket vaporizes the vanguard of heavy armored creatures that charged forward like rams but, a few seconds after firing his GM Muskets, alerts start flaring and everything around Zer∅ starts to melt as a single light laser class BETA locks him in its sights. From the warnings, he is receiving if he stays out in the open for seconds more his armor will be completely melted off. Meanwhile, the oncoming tide of Beta approaches plowing through the city buildings in front of them. They are packed together so tightly it's impossible to even see between them. The sky lights up with innumerable beams of light as laser class BETA lay waste to everything they can get their eyes on and thin out the ever-present rain of artery on their back lines.

Alerts flare up informing the two that the squad on the left has fallen to the initial charge and a swam of fleshy crab-like monsters charge in from the fallen flank.

beta.jpgbeta02.jpg
TrickRPForeman wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:21 am

I decided to take advantage of the zero shift defenses and the Freedom's speed, firing potshots at the damn crab things!

Let's figure out your patterns and weaknesses...
William Liam Tinmall
-----
With a push of a pedal and a flip of his joystick, Liam launched the virtual machine in the air without stopping his shooting, taking in all the various hordes of alien monsters attacking him.

"Don't stay still for too long!" he said to Tyzell through the communicators, "their energy weapons are particularly precise and will destroy you fast."

At least their vanguard was not too armored, as it seemed that their strategy revolved mostly around big numbers, but he decided not to risk it too much, changing his flight trajectory at random intervals.

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Anti Rain heads into a bunk room that had been set out for them and began to stow their stuff; each silently claiming the bunk they wanted and that the other girls knew they wanted. M16 top bunk above M4, and on the other side of the room SOP above STAR; their usual setup back before RO had come and sort of threw things out of loop and made them still figuring out how the new arrangement was. However RO was not here so the girls were free to use the tried and true old plan.

"This place certainly seems interesting, huh?" M16 said, breaking the silence of unpacking.

"You can say that again..." STAR agreed, "Doesn't help that you and Sop nearly made us out as enemies."

"Says the girl that threatened that they were going to gun the entire ship down if they kept calling you a sex doll."

"But we're not! We're advanced combat androids for fuck sake! Why does everyone keep saying we're fucking sex dolls?!" STAR's over the top outburst causes the other girls to chuckle.

"Y'know, I liked that Lt; he was a rather interesting person."

"Words like that are odd for you, M4~"

"What? Am I not allowed to say them?"

"Oi oi, don't put words in my mouth sis. Just saying you don't usually comment on people like that is all."

"Well I liked that pilot dude, Alistair."

"No SOP2, you like his mech..."

"Fuck you he's a cool guy! Just because I really like his mech doesn't mean that is the only thing I like about it!"

"Alright alright, jeez... Just a joke..."

"All in favor that that Seymour guy's an asshole though?"

"Yeah..." "Absolutely." "Nobody insults mom and gets away with it..."

"Sop2, we're not killing him."

"What? Why not? He's a total jerk and he insulted mom!"

"Yes and we responded aptly; any more and we'll be on REAL thin ice..."

"Fiiiiine... On another topic; I wonder if anything interesting's going on at base?"

"Probably not, nothing interesting ever happens

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

G&K Base S09

"Where is she!? I swear I'm going to beat her ass this time!"

"Hey 416, get into cover and stop shouting..." UMP9 said, amused expression on her face at the always extremely entertaining antics and outbursts of HK416. This amusement turned to concentration for half a second as she turn and shot another doll who was sneaking up on them, BBs spraying at them as they raised their hand and called the hit.

"Shut up 9. Where is she?! Where's M16 I swear this is gonna be the time I beat her!"

A doll next to UMP9, looking remarkable similar but still different, sighs; "You do realize that the entirety of Anti-Rain is out on mission right?"

"...what?! Are you fucking k-" Whatever she was about to say is cut off as a BB slams into her face, right between the eyes, and manages to knock her over somehow. The other members of team 404 duck away into cover, as 416 just lays there so pissed she enters a zen state.
F**k 5-7

Give a hug? God knows my self-hating ass needs a few

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:10 pm

TrickRPForeman wrote:

Numerous crabs are blown up with ease by the beam rifle blasts, their attempts to defend themselves with their claws being utterly futile as the particle beams pierce through their disgusting bodies like arrows through air.

Unfortunately for Tyzell his high altitude attack made him a target for numerous Laser beams, which is really bad as Phase Shift Armor defends only against physical blows and kinetic weaponry; things that rendered his Strike Freedom largely inviolable against the vast majority of the Alien Horde's attacks, repeated concussive shock against certain delicate components and the pilot himself notwithstanding. But held virtually no defense against the Laser beams of the small testicle-like BETA hiding in the rear of the horde, utilizing real Lasers and not a particle beam or any variation thereof; there was virtually no chance to dodge their instantaneous and pinpoint-accurate attacks upon his Gundam as they were literal Light. The lances of destructive light quickly beginning to explosively vaporize holes or shear through the frame of the Strike Freedom with impunity, unless Tyzell were to engage his Beam shields quickly or drop down and hide from the Lasers using the Horde and the city ruins as cover, he'd quickly be blown out of the sky!
Cavaliere wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:19 am
William Liam Tinmall
-----
With a push of a pedal and a flip of his joystick, Liam launched the virtual machine in the air without stopping his shooting, taking in all the various hordes of alien monsters attacking him.

"Don't stay still for too long!" he said to Tyzell through the communicators, "their energy weapons are particularly precise and will destroy you fast."

At least their vanguard was not too armored, as it seemed that their strategy revolved mostly around big numbers, but he decided not to risk it too much, changing his flight trajectory at random intervals.
The same thing was happening to Liam's Break Zero, where the only thing that saved his virtual machine from being reduced to a burning wreck was the fact that he didn't ascend as high as Tyzell did and thus reduced his exposure to the Laser beams, but only just. If either of the two were to address the Laser problem, they'd have to punch a hole through the BETA lines to get to the Laser BETA; far easier said than done as their numbers were hardly thinning despite the artillery cover and that the giant spider-like BETA were deliberately hanging back from the rest of the horde, keeping watch over the Laser BETA like Sheepdogs.
Last edited by sir_fire on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mattman666

Post by Mattman666 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 pm

"Well, she already told me she would pilot it..."

Franz slowly walks towards his room, with his objective already set. Before entering the door, he takes something out of his pockets; a diamond necklace with an opening in the middle. Inside the object, lies a small note with the phrase 'fight for what you believe' engraved. "It is wrong to think the dinosaurs or ADVENT are the only problem we have to face..."

He then walks in, and would only show his face for the upcoming mission.

Deathsaurer

Post by Deathsaurer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:10 am

Guy of G wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:44 pm
"Megatron wants to destro the Universe and remake it in his own image...I don't know about these Dinosaurs you are on about..." Kicker said ignorant of the Dinosaurs threat.

"Trust me the Lizards are in no mood to talk especially when they backstabbed humanity during the War with Andromeda Country. If we tell them about the keys their first idea would be to kill us and fix the universe themselves without a single Human living in it. Their current Emperor Sho wants us all dead with no compromise." Rob responded.
"So sic them on the Decepticons for awhile. Why does everyone around here lack imagination? Anyways no one is going to believe the kid and I've got other things I need to finish before I can get involved in anything. So if you'll excuse me I'll be taking my leave." Finally escaping of the constant slew of distractions Seymour proceeded back to the hanger to finish fixing his mech.

TrickRPForeman

Post by TrickRPForeman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:49 am

sir_fire wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:10 pm
TrickRPForeman wrote:

Numerous crabs are blown up with ease by the beam rifle blasts, their attempts to defend themselves with their claws being utterly futile as the particle beams pierce through their disgusting bodies like arrows through air.

Unfortunately for Tyzell his high altitude attack made him a target for numerous Laser beams, which is really bad as Phase Shift Armor defends only against physical blows and kinetic weaponry; things that rendered his Strike Freedom largely inviolable against the vast majority of the Alien Horde's attacks, repeated concussive shock against certain delicate components and the pilot himself notwithstanding. But held virtually no defense against the Laser beams of the small testicle-like BETA hiding in the rear of the horde, utilizing real Lasers and not a particle beam or any variation thereof; there was virtually no chance to dodge their instantaneous and pinpoint-accurate attacks upon his Gundam as they were literal Light. The lances of destructive light quickly beginning to explosively vaporize holes or shear through the frame of the Strike Freedom with impunity, unless Tyzell were to engage his Beam shields quickly or drop down and hide from the Lasers using the Horde and the city ruins as cover, he'd quickly be blown out of the sky!
Cavaliere wrote:
William Liam Tinmall
-----

The same thing was happening to Liam's Break Zero, where the only thing that saved his virtual machine from being reduced to a burning wreck was the fact that he didn't ascend as high as Tyzell did and thus reduced his exposure to the Laser beams, but only just. If either of the two were to address the Laser problem, they'd have to punch a hole through the BETA lines to get to the Laser BETA; far easier said than done as their numbers were hardly thinning despite the artillery cover and that the giant spider-like BETA were deliberately hanging back from the rest of the horde, keeping watch over the Laser BETA like Sheepdogs.
"Well, I'm trying not to, but these bastards are pinning me down!" I said as I tried to bob and weave, but I cannot hold on forever.

It's either I lower altitude and risk speed-shoot, or I put up my shields and risk losing valuable defensive power.

...Rrrgh, dammit, FUCK! Lowering!

"Time to fly this like an ace pilot in an arcade game!" I would declare as I started using the buildings for fast shoot and cover, shooting them inbetween each cover transition!

Man, these crabs are smart!

Elric of Melnibone

Post by Elric of Melnibone » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:14 am

sir_fire wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:11 pm
Elric of Melnibone wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:49 pm
"It is as if we're fighting a bunch of pesky cockroaches." I shake my head. What a hassle this was. I snap my fingers, and a few more of them disintegrate. I don't bother to shut down the Tesla Mantle, and power-up my titan's Steam-Powered Knuckle Dusters. The moment my titan punches the ground there is an earth-quake which upheavals the gravel and rock beneath us. There is a veritable tsunami of rock and dirt which collides with this army of fanatics, and which drowns them under its weight.

"You're right." Revolver Ocelot stomps on another soldier, and wipes the blood and bone from Rex's heel. The THEL begins to charge again, and fires another beam of light which liquefies another group of soldiers. The REX roars, and many of the soldiers flee. "You don't happen to have anything that--"

"Say no more!" I answer him before he can finish his question. That's I conjure a fog of poisonous gases. I was safe inside my titan, and so was Adamska inside of his metal gear. I couldn't say the same for these lunatics. They claw at their throats as the poison does it job, and they collapse to the ground.

Hopefully, that would be the end of it.
The Carbombian soldiers were swiftly defeated on ground but the desperate General was not finished yet

"Unleash the beasts! Let lose the machine beasts for this glorious nation!"

Activating a sort of signal that causes a very uncharacteristic chill down Edgar's spine, giving him a foreboding feeling that might have been a spell of some kind and moments later it was all but confirmed: Several rusted, decayed mechanical arms shoot out of the shifting sands around the two Mercenaries before the rest of them emerge from under the ground, revealing a veritable horde of literal Zombie Robots, their ruined hulks held together and animated by what Edgar can clearly identify as the energies of chaos and ruin, very much like the aetheric power that he wields but at the same time not.

Unleashing a cacophony of roars and screeches, the animated dead charge towards the pair with the intent of making them join their horde with teeth and nail. However, try as Edgar might, his spells and magics have no effect upon the shambling wrecks, his second sight witnessing the focused ether that are his spells as washing over the chaos emanating from the abominations like rain against rock.
"Huh, an undead horde of automatons?" This was actually a first. I had fought the undead before. Any necromancer worth their salt would use them as fodder in their battles but to resurrect a machine as one? It had to be some sort of complex magic. I knew I wouldn't be able to do it without causing the machines to malfunction, or go haywire. Which is why my titan needed the Arcane Matrix. Otherwise, my magic would cause it to explode into pieces of shrapnel. "Adamska, I have to ask--"

"Nope, this is new for me too." He sounded disturbed by the sight, and just a little bit curious. How did they work, and what exactly kept them together? His metal gear prepares for the onslaught, and a horde of zombie robots circle around him. He tackles into them with his Rex, and crushes them between its jaws. Truly, it did justice to its namesake. It gave a guttural roar as it devoured the horde.

My titan grabs one zombie robot by the legs, and starts swinging it around like a baseball bat. I use it to crush the rest that stand before me but they just keep coming. It was infernal magic that was doing this, and just like any magic? It could be dispelled. I gather the mystical energies within myself, and release them.

Disperse.

It was simple in application. It untangled the sinew holding a curse, enchantment, or spell together. Thus causing them to disappear into thin air. Hence, the name.

The rest of the zombie robots seem to freeze. Then a few seconds after that they begin to fall, and collapse into piles of junk on the ground.

"You gotta teach me that someday." Adamska sounded just a bit jealous, or perhaps it was envy?

"If we survive this day? I shall consider it." It had been a while since I took on an apprentice.

Maybe it was time to change that.

latch4

Post by latch4 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:06 am

sir_fire wrote:
TrickRPForeman wrote:

Cavaliere wrote:
William Liam Tinmall
-----

The BETA numbers only continue to grow. Any attempts to avoid the lasers from the laser class BETA prove a useless and every second they spend in the air more laser class BETA focus on them. Meanwhile a tide of heavily armored destroyer class BETA charges down the middle of the battlefield.

Fumi pings in on the coms. A small image of her in her own yellow combat suite appearing on their heads up display. "It appears your enemy is especially well suited for anti air combat. It is unfortunate you were unaware of this before you sustained heavy damage."

Cavaliere

Post by Cavaliere » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:03 pm

TrickRPForeman wrote:

sir_fire wrote:
Numerous crabs are blown up with ease by the beam rifle blasts, their attempts to defend themselves with their claws being utterly futile as the particle beams pierce through their disgusting bodies like arrows through the air.

William Liam Tinmall
-----
'Oh no, oh no! Don't panic it's just a simulation, it's not real...'

The simulator seat tilted forward as the physicist commanded the virtual Suit to sweep downwards, hoping that the alien laser artillery would lose sight of where he was.

Swapping one of the Muskets for the Transformium Blade on his back, Liam began to use it in conjunction with his gun to cleave as many BETA as he could, trying not to let them too close to his position.

"Tyzell, you have the superior long-range firepower, try to destroy their Laser Guns if you can"