Re: Super Robot Wars: Paradox Cascade Chapter 2 IC

Post by Icarusu » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Guy of G wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:17 am
Deathsaurer wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:11 pm
Guy of G wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:11 pm
After dragging Seymour and Nyra along to get his questions answered, Rob and his two reluctant companions were before the security checkpoint just before the Brig. Walking up to the MPs on duty, Rob asks them if he could see the prisoner.

"Take me to the prisoner, I've got clearance."

"Sorry, but I'll need more concrete proof than "I said so". Let me get in touch with my CO first..."

"Fuck did that Jap tell you idiots who I am before he wandered off to ogle his prisoners or did he just...fuck this. UN idiots always doing things half assed not even bothering to see who I am. You do realize I have oversight of a classified American project and this Man has knowledge of a recent attack on my very person right? This is goddamned important chowderhead. "
"Rob, I've heard rumors about this kid. They're spreading awfully fast so he must have annoyed someone really bad. Why do you think he has any useful info?"
"He blathered something about a Cyber Planet Key. That talking robot that turned into a mentioned the same thing....hes a lead the more we know the better."

The trio entered the brig containing the cellblock holding the distraught mysterious youth. He got up and began shaking the bars and shouting.

"For the last time get me out of here earth is in danger and everyone I know have been wiped from memory its like nobody remembers anything!"

The young man took pause at his new audience...and realized one of them wasn't quite fully human.

"A Foxgirl? Did Unicron cause this too? Am I in that movie with the talking apes?"
''No, i'm just japanese"

Nyra said while she stood there a little sleepy.

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:02 pm

Stormwind wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:41 am
"Neat device. I think, I'll go with him and help track down or lost ninja. Still need tell him there are acceptable targets on the continent. Should calm him down enough for repairs"
And that is exactly what I went on to do. Once he calms down I'll have to catch him up a bit too.
It didn't take long for Skyblaze and whoever else decided to follow Sideways on the fetch quest to find the Purple bike.

"Alright scouts, according to this Sixytracker big Brodin so kindly gave to me, looks like our big grumpy wolf is headed towards the Doolow Boneyard over on the Somalian side of the Border. Unlike the scrapyards around Mandera, Doolow has real and very much intact old and out-of-production mechs, not just wrecks or parts of them. Needless to say, such a prize means that the compound's well guarded by the Somalian army and whatever help they can get from the UN or any of the many mercs in business in Eastern Africa. So we gotta haul aft or our cover's blown."

The bike guns its throttle and tears through the harsh Kenyan subsaharan scrubland with even greater speed.
Elric of Melnibone wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:29 pm
"Okay, you were right." I push himself back up. "I should have been more careful with how I worded that." I get back up, and as I do so? My titan mimics my movements.

"At least you're learning now." Revolver Ocelot was already preparing his Rex's THEL. It was a tactical high energy laser. "Now lets see here. Just a few kilometers that way. That isn't too bad." As the weapon began to charge? I was already making precautions to deal with any more stray bullets.

I conjure a wall of force between us, and these fanatics. A simple application of the college of force which can only be dispelled or disintegrated. There wasn't anything anything that was getting through that. "Just make sure to fire over the wall of force. Otherwise, your laser won't make it."

"Copy that." Adamska finally fires it. The blinding light shoots over the wall of force, and collides with one the sharpshooters. They are reduced to melted slag, and cartilage. "That's one down."

"I hope this Adbul Fakkadi understands what he has gotten himself into." I wear a wicked grin on my face. I glare at the soldiers trying to make their way around the wall of force. The moment they do? I set them ablaze with a fireball that reduces them to ashes. "It would be a shame if we had to butcher all of his minions." I say that but my countenance makes it clear that I would very much enjoy that. "I would ask all of your to surrender but I have the feeling that none of you value your lives that much."

My titan moves, and crushes another solder beneath its heel. As another one tries to climb up it? I activate the Tesla Mantle, and electrocute them. It made for an appropriate bug zapper.

I start to whistle as I methodically begin to slaughter them.

"That's a bit creepy." Adamska rolls his eyes. "You shouldn't enjoy yourself so much." He fires another beam of light at the sharpshooters behind the wall of force.

"You're absolutely right but I do loathe a zealot."

I could only think back to Arcanum, and how I was worshiped by those rabid dogs.
Despite the heavy losses, the Carbombyans are nothing if not utterly fanatical as Edgar had rightfully assumed. Taking minimal damage due to taking cover behind the terrain and lacking line of sight against them, the mech compliment of the xenophobes began to launch their counterattack: Firing volleys of whatever hand-me-down ammo they were using for their sniper cannons from multiple directions, with several of the shots bypassing the force wall the Mage had conjured. Afterwards the assault teams then advanced under covering fire from the sniper support mechs: showing themselves to be wholly underwhelming foes in size and form, barely reaching up to the knees of Edgar's titan and armed with clearly dated weapons. Undaunted still, the midgets began to attack with a hail of half-decently aimed gunfire at the pair, seems as though the ones who can shoot straight are those manning those sniper cannons.
Last edited by sir_fire on Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guy of G

Post by Guy of G » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:41 am

Deathsaurer wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:41 pm
Guy of G wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:17 am
The trio entered the brig containing the cellblock holding the distraught mysterious youth. He got up and began shaking the bars and shouting.

"For the last time get me out of here earth is in danger and everyone I know have been wiped from memory its like nobody remembers anything!"

The young man took pause at his new audience...and realized one of them wasn't quite fully human.

"A Foxgirl? Did Unicron cause this too? Am I in that movie with the talking apes?"
Seymour looked at the gibbering wreck of a kid dumbfounded. "Nice to see the rumors were... entirely accurate. Seriously the hell is a Unicron and why would they be responsible for making a foxgirl? Humanity doesn't need any help being completely degenerate, trust me I know. Now how about you try stringing together a sentence that makes some semblance of sense. Or... will that be too much of a struggle for you at this point? "
"...Its hard to explain, but here's the gist of it: There are Alien Robots called the Transformers right? One race are called the Autobots, a peaceful and heroic worker class, and there are the Decepticons despotic warriors who covet power. The Transformers also had their own beliefs, Primus the creator God and Unicron the Chaos bringer. Primus and Unicron were brothers sent out by the sentient core of the Universe to explore and catalog the entirety of reality, Unicron decided the best way to achieve his mission was to destroy everything and leave him the sole remaining thing in existence. Primus put an end to it and tricked his brother into taking a corporeal form, where he could be killed. However, Unicron managed to find out how to make his body work and menaced the multiverse all over again. At least the mythological stuff is what Vector Prime told me, but I've seen Unicron and Ive met Primus before and I know they exist. Vector asked me to look for guys like you who come from other realities who could do something."

Icarusu wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:01 pm

''No, i'm just japanese"

Nyra said while she stood there a little sleepy.
"Ok Unicron so did this...another world with animal people...great."

Elric of Melnibone

Post by Elric of Melnibone » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:49 pm

sir_fire wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:02 pm
Elric of Melnibone wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:29 pm
"Okay, you were right." I push himself back up. "I should have been more careful with how I worded that." I get back up, and as I do so? My titan mimics my movements.

"At least you're learning now." Revolver Ocelot was already preparing his Rex's THEL. It was a tactical high energy laser. "Now lets see here. Just a few kilometers that way. That isn't too bad." As the weapon began to charge? I was already making precautions to deal with any more stray bullets.

I conjure a wall of force between us, and these fanatics. A simple application of the college of force which can only be dispelled or disintegrated. There wasn't anything anything that was getting through that. "Just make sure to fire over the wall of force. Otherwise, your laser won't make it."

"Copy that." Adamska finally fires it. The blinding light shoots over the wall of force, and collides with one the sharpshooters. They are reduced to melted slag, and cartilage. "That's one down."

"I hope this Adbul Fakkadi understands what he has gotten himself into." I wear a wicked grin on my face. I glare at the soldiers trying to make their way around the wall of force. The moment they do? I set them ablaze with a fireball that reduces them to ashes. "It would be a shame if we had to butcher all of his minions." I say that but my countenance makes it clear that I would very much enjoy that. "I would ask all of your to surrender but I have the feeling that none of you value your lives that much."

My titan moves, and crushes another solder beneath its heel. As another one tries to climb up it? I activate the Tesla Mantle, and electrocute them. It made for an appropriate bug zapper.

I start to whistle as I methodically begin to slaughter them.

"That's a bit creepy." Adamska rolls his eyes. "You shouldn't enjoy yourself so much." He fires another beam of light at the sharpshooters behind the wall of force.

"You're absolutely right but I do loathe a zealot."

I could only think back to Arcanum, and how I was worshiped by those rabid dogs.
Despite the heavy losses, the Carbombyans are nothing if not utterly fanatical as Edgar had rightfully assumed. Taking minimal damage due to taking cover behind the terrain and lacking line of sight against them, the mech compliment of the xenophobes began to launch their counterattack: Firing volleys of whatever hand-me-down ammo they were using for their sniper cannons from multiple directions, with several of the shots bypassing the force wall the Mage had conjured. Afterwards the assault teams then advanced under covering fire from the sniper support mechs: showing themselves to be wholly underwhelming foes in size and form, barely reaching up to the knees of Edgar's titan and armed with clearly dated weapons. Undaunted still, the midgets began to attack with a hail of half-decently aimed gunfire at the pair, seems as though the ones who can shoot straight are those manning those sniper cannons.
"It is as if we're fighting a bunch of pesky cockroaches." I shake my head. What a hassle this was. I snap my fingers, and a few more of them disintegrate. I don't bother to shut down the Tesla Mantle, and power-up my titan's Steam-Powered Knuckle Dusters. The moment my titan punches the ground there is an earth-quake which upheavals the gravel and rock beneath us. There is a veritable tsunami of rock and dirt which collides with this army of fanatics, and which drowns them under its weight.

"You're right." Revolver Ocelot stomps on another soldier, and wipes the blood and bone from Rex's heel. The THEL begins to charge again, and fires another beam of light which liquefies another group of soldiers. The REX roars, and many of the soldiers flee. "You don't happen to have anything that--"

"Say no more!" I answer him before he can finish his question. That's I conjure a fog of poisonous gases. I was safe inside my titan, and so was Adamska inside of his metal gear. I couldn't say the same for these lunatics. They claw at their throats as the poison does it job, and they collapse to the ground.

Hopefully, that would be the end of it.

latch4

Post by latch4 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:39 am

TrickRPForeman wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 pm
latch4 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:55 am
Cavaliere wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:17 pm

William Liam Tinmall
-----
Fighting hard to suppress the blush creeping on his face, Liam studied the suit he was given, thinking about what thought process had to lead to the design the holder in hand.

"Great Scott, uhm... I have several questions..."

The suit, once put on, didn't leave anything at the imagination: with a semitransparent purple torso and the tightness of the material, he felt a lot more naked than he was comfortable; the sensors array and the communicators climbed awkwardly from his collar fight under his cheekbones, making neck movements stiff and restrictive.

All and all, Liam was not enjoying the experience and he was hoping that at least the simulation would be fast.
The man was obviously embarrassed by the hard suite, like a child. They certainly were not modest, but somehow she still expected more composure from someone who is supposed to join her in a combat situation. "Well are you going to ask them or are you going to leave us hanging in suspense?"
Blaaagh! What the heck...even...

Okay, are we mech pilots or are we strippers, lady?! Seriously, these things are fucking suits designed for that one scifi-based gentleman's club in some red light district somewhere, I swear that had to be it!

"Uh...is there any freaking tactical reason for even wearing these damn things, or is it just an objectification statement?" I said as I tried to wear it, given my current disability be damned.

Christ, you'd think the fucking Franxx suits were more modest!
"The Fortified suite is military grade hardware. How it appears is irrelevant, it is effective at protecting your body from trauma and saves your pilot data which can be uploaded into and TSF you enter. It also has a retinal projector that displays what your cameras can see and your heads up display.

Seeing as neither of you have any serious questions the simulation will start as soon as you enter your pods. The controls have already been adapted to your machines."

VF-25 Messiah

Post by VF-25 Messiah » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:20 pm

sir_fire wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:02 pm
It didn't take long for Skyblaze and whoever else decided to follow Sideways on the fetch quest to find the Purple bike.

"Alright scouts, according to this Sixytracker big Brodin so kindly gave to me, looks like our big grumpy wolf is headed towards the Doolow Boneyard over on the Somalian side of the Border. Unlike the scrapyards around Mandera, Doolow has real and very much intact old and out-of-production mechs, not just wrecks or parts of them. Needless to say, such a prize means that the compound's well guarded by the Somalian army and whatever help they can get from the UN or any of the many mercs in business in Eastern Africa. So we gotta haul aft or our cover's blown."

The bike guns its throttle and tears through the harsh Kenyan subsaharan scrubland with even greater speed.
As the others ran off, Wodan prepares to follow. Before that, he looks at the Gunleon, and asks of its pilot if he can follow them also. "Pilot of the beast machine, will you follow us?" Then, the drills at its back begins to rotate, and they start throttling the enormous machine at high speed.

sir_fire

Post by sir_fire » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:11 am

Sans_the_Medic wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:20 am
"We understand, captain. Don't underestimate us, however; we've been through a lot of struggle in our past..." M4 reminisces on those memories for a moment, her face drooping as she remembers the death of STAR, M16's capture and brainwash, sop and RO going missing... She shakes the thoughts from her head, now was not the time to get upset; she had a team to lead and a job to do. "...A-And as a group, me and my sisters will fight to the last breath to ensure your operation is a success, sir."

M16, seeing M4 clearly remember the hard parts of her past, places a reassuring hand to her sister's shoulder. "Damn straight we will. We've faced similar odds before, and back then we didn't have out dummies or new endos. We won't let ya down, captain."
"It's good that you girls confident, but I can't stress this enough: Do not underestimate the dinos under any circumstances or take dumb risks like some people around here. I'd rather not try and explain to your bosses how and why their expensive, heavily armed android platoon all died to the last in addition to all the letters I have to write to the families of the dead."

The MPs all look a bit forlorn at the last bit of what Jackson said.

"But anyways, I hope you bunch will be some seriously sharp thorns up their scaly butts and give my gunnery crews big targets worthy of their babies. So any more questions before we get back to our busy schedules?"

Mattman666 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:13 pm
"I want to extract information."

Of course, that was just an excuse. But knowing that might not be enough to convince the guard, he had to make another lame excuse, and quickly. So, he pats Ross in the head, and says to the guard; "This girl can read the prisoner's mind."

In plain confusion, she looks at Franz with a quizzical expression.

"What?"

"Play along!"
The Private quickly gets into duty mode while the Corporal watches with a half-lidded stare.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that without orders from up the pipe. It's security protocol you see..."

"Greenhorn, you do realize you're sounding like a goddamn tool right?"

The private doesn't let his partner's heckling get to him... At least he tries to.

TrickRPForeman

Post by TrickRPForeman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:11 am

latch4 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:39 am
TrickRPForeman wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 pm
latch4 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:55 am

The man was obviously embarrassed by the hard suite, like a child. They certainly were not modest, but somehow she still expected more composure from someone who is supposed to join her in a combat situation. "Well are you going to ask them or are you going to leave us hanging in suspense?"
Blaaagh! What the heck...even...

Okay, are we mech pilots or are we strippers, lady?! Seriously, these things are fucking suits designed for that one scifi-based gentleman's club in some red light district somewhere, I swear that had to be it!

"Uh...is there any freaking tactical reason for even wearing these damn things, or is it just an objectification statement?" I said as I tried to wear it, given my current disability be damned.

Christ, you'd think the fucking Franxx suits were more modest!
"The Fortified suite is military grade hardware. How it appears is irrelevant, it is effective at protecting your body from trauma and saves your pilot data which can be uploaded into and TSF you enter. It also has a retinal projector that displays what your cameras can see and your heads up display.

Seeing as neither of you have any serious questions the simulation will start as soon as you enter your pods. The controls have already been adapted to your machines."
"Yeah, if looking like a fucking pornstar is considered military grade protection..." I muttered in annoyance as I got in the pod.

Seriously, it looks so fucking dumb. Why? Why would even the wahmen allow this?!

Christ, I'm a mech pilot and I know that shit would get me laughed at in space!

Rrrrgh...fuck it, no time for complaining, just get in the fucking pod.

Flying Panda

Post by Flying Panda » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:47 am

As some of the others went to go after Sixshot, Gabriel decided to stay behind and get working on moving whatever stuff he could inside the hangar to make up some space. Figured he'd do that first before taking his shower. But first, Gabe would briefly step inside the Gunleon to turn the machine's radio on, and putting it on speakers, so that if the guys who went after Sixshot needed help, he could hear the radio from outside the mecha while he was working.

"Welp, let's get cracking."

Gabriel surveyed the hangar's indoors, taking a moment to figure out what to move and where to move it. He started moving whatever objects were within his power to do so, and moved them into empty corners. Even taking it upon himself to organize everything neatly so that none of Sideways' belongings were hard to find if needed. Of course, he'd also keep his eye out for any 'interesting' items among the stuff while moving them.

Cavaliere

Post by Cavaliere » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:05 am

latch4 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:39 am

William Liam Tinmall
-----
Listening to the conversation about the suits, Liam was just a little bit relieved that those were designed to protect the pilots from harm, but it did not help much: the uncomfortable feeling and the itch only seemed to grow as he stepped inside the simulation pod.

"What machine are we going to pilot in here?"

It was a legitimate question, as they (mainly him) would probably set a new negative record by using something that they knew nothing about.