The Rising [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:41 pm

Jazz tucked her thumbs into the pockets of her shredded jeans, smiling faintly in amusement. "No nothing wrong with mystery, his vague ways is what brought me here after all," she told him "He gave me just enough information to catch my attention and then I worked my way up and now I'm here." She leaned back against the table, studying Carlisle thoughtfully. She was trying to get a feel for what kind of person she was working with, he wasn't an open book though. "Oh I wouldn't worry about your gift too much, if he's looking to place you in a higher position one day, your gift is merely a bonus. It was probably what caught his attention. Whereas all the little soldiers running around this place, their gifts are a necessity. You must have done something or possessed a trait that he finds important," she explained, waving away his concerns. She tilted her head, her emerald gaze falling on the gloves with a look of fascination. "Really now? My, my that is a nifty one. I thought I've seen them all." Jazz stood up straight and held out her hands , palms facing up. A small flower bloomed from her palms, vines creeping across her fingers.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Carlisle could appreciate Jazz's outlook, it was refreshing to know that at least a few of the Rebels had some curiosity in them. Just how much she held he didn't know, but he would learn in time he was sure. "He does have a way with words." He agreed, thinking of a few conversations he's had with the peculiar man thus far. Those conversations had very little to do with what brought him here or kept him here, but they did make him curious about the man and what type of things he could learn from him. Every person he met could teach him something, it didn't matter if it was small or big, knowledge was knowledge. Perhaps he should focus less on that, but it was his hobby. "I see. I suppose I should find some relief in that then." It was meant to be a compliment but he couldn't help but feel somewhat bad for the 'little soldiers.' Coming from a place where everyone was thought of as equal this was strange to him. This was how Crypt ruled though so he would have to at least seem like he understood this. Nifty...Carlisle's never seen his gift as nifty, only dangerous, but he said nothing as to not offend Jazz who lifted her own hands to show her gift. He's heard of people being able to control nature, but he couldn't recall a time he's heard of someone being able to create it. "Fascinating, a truly beautiful gift."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:38 pm

"A useless gift as far as I'm concerned," Jazz spoke. She dropped her hands, the plant withering up and crumbling away to nothing. She turned away and started walking towards the door "Come on, we should get started on a few things. I won't keep you too busy on your first day, but we're all about not wasting time..." She opened the door and glanced back at him with a small smirk "Starting with, no one outside of this Palace is to know you're a Rebel. Crypt likes to keep his Council close with the public, we work in secret so they don't know we're Rebels. They trust us that way," she explained. It was in this way they were able to gain useful information that the public would otherwise keep hidden from them. With the other Rebels, on the other hand, their identity wasn't necessary to keep secret. They had to enforce the Rebel code upon the citizens and thus there was no hiding who they were. It was just like no one outside of the Rebels even knew this council existed. Jazz could imagine there were even a few Rebels who had only a vague idea of who they were.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:44 am

"No gift is useless...you were given it for a reason." Carlisle murmured, glancing once more to his hand. Even he knew he had been given this dark gift for a reason, he just didn't know what that reason was. One day he would learn it. He sighed and followed Jazz to the door, listening to her every word intently. Some would argue that all he did was waste time by spending most of it in libraries reading, something he would argue against but not everyone could understand his reasoning. "Wouldn't they see you leave the Palace and assume? Or do they assume you are only visitors?" They could have a secret entrance for all he knew and if his entry into this place said anything it wasn't that hard to get in and out unseen. Having spies was strange, he didn't see how it made things easier and told him that the people of the city feared the Rebels. It was a shame, but he nodded his head all the same. Carlisle was good at keeping secrets after all. "This will definitely take some getting used to."

Ellie was beginning to think they forgot all about her as she stared out a nearby window. It wasn't dark yet but she could feel it approaching with every passing second. She had told those two that she didn't have time for this, but she already knew they were the type to not care. They had forced her to come here and shoved her in this room so why would they? They wouldn't... A sigh left her lips as her gaze fell to a blue bird, preening its feathers on the windowsill. It looked more free than she felt, she wished she could switch places with it. That was a lie...she has been imprisoned so many times she wouldn't wish this feeling upon anyone. It never left her and this situation just put her back into that dark place, but she had to be strong. She bit the inside of her lip and took a deep breath, she could do this.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:18 am

"Positive outlook...I like it," Jazz replied swiftly, flicking her hair over her shoulder. She led him down the hallway and towards a set of doors. "That..." she began looking at Carlisle briefly "Is what Tom handles." She smirked a little and opened the door gesturing inside for him. "Invisibility. He can cloak anyone or anything with a wave of his hand, completely drains him though, poor sap." She mused and leaning against the door a little bit. "Crypt has collected enough talents into one place to cover just about every possible situation. Some think he's greedy, power hungry...I think he's smart." She shrugged nonchalantly and peered at Carlisle. She found him interesting enough, they didn't come across vampires like him often. Many were a little more aggressive these days. Few were the peaceful and quiet ones. Personally she blamed the Wall for all the madness that was settling over the city and its people. A wall that trapped everyone in, all that madness clouding up inside.

The door to the room suddenly opened with a swift movement, as if a gust of wind pushed through it. Crypt strode into the room with the Twins tagging along just behind him on either side. He regarded Ellie carefully and tilted his head, he smiled in greeting. "Hello dear, I apologize for any inconvenience..." He began and bowed his head. "I also apologize for the long wait, I had a few matters to take care of..." he explained vaguely. Airic leaned over and muttered something to Crypt quietly, who merely nodded a little in return.