Teen Party and Lock In

Roleplay locations.
Monika
Casual Mod

Re: Teen Party and Lock In

Post by Monika » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:35 pm

CELIA ROSEImageJAMISON
THE MASTER OF UNLOCKING

Celia wasn't sure how long she had been in the bathroom, probably not very long, but the tears had finally stopped. She needed to stop feeling sorry for herself and find a way to get out of her predicament. She finally got back onto shaky legs, wiping her eyes with her long sleeve. She tucked the paper into a small pouch on her belt and went over to the mirror. Her eyes and face looked horrible, so she washed up as best as she could. Gently patting her face, she realized it didn't really help. Sighing, she threw away the paper towel and tried to straighten out her noticeably roughed-up hair and her clothes. She was at least a little more presentable. And for now, she was safe. She would have time to figure out what to do next. She took a deep breath, opening the bathroom door and taking a step out.

Upon heading back to where everyone else was, she kept relatively to the back and didn't make eye contact. Everyone seemed to be talking among themselves, so no one would even notice her. She just had to keep from drawing attention to herself while she found a place to sit down and try to come up with how she was going to get her parents out of her botched job. It was her fault everything went wrong, she knew that. Now she had to make it right.

At that moment, she wondered if she just went with them willingly when she was being followed, if maybe they wouldn't hurt her parents.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:38 am

"Yes, we can..." Sylvia replied, but she was really nervous about talking about that kiss. She was being selfish and perhaps even presumptuous about it. Still that happened so there was no going back! "Well...you see, I was hoping we could spend some more time together...you know, I don't know what your parents think about this sort of stuff but! I never had parents so I'm sorry if I'm being selfish or anything like that, but you know I grew up in an orphanage, I don't know if my parents are alive or dead, and to be frank I don't really care either...it's just, I like you, okay?" She was blushing a little at that point, more than that, she was extremely conscious of herself and her feelings. For the first time in forever, she realized she couldn't really understand or comprehend the life of most of these teenagers who had people that cared about them. Not that her life was ever bad, but she never had the kind of people who protected her. Not like Felix or...Kelly...or Prism. No. "You know like, going to breakfasts or movies...teen movies or maybe go to a concert or something, so that I could get to know you better. That's what I want, I think..." And maybe not regret her decision later on, because that was entirely possible that she might. "This is so stupid and so crazy!"

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Maxx wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:17 pm
"Thank you."

Shadow smiled and started to go over to the area Kendra had motioned to.

"Oh my gosh I can't believe it!!!" Light's mental voice seemed to be higher than a mouse on helium. It was high enough to actually hurt Shadow's ears somehow.

Shadow never hit her brother. But this time, she hit him. On the arm. Not hard. But hard enough.

"I swear, you better not ever squeal like that again."
"Sorry..."
"It doesn't count unless you say it out loud."
"Sorry. Better now?"
"Yes. Now, come on, considering you were the one who wanted this."

The twins headed over to the area.

"Sorry about that, Miss Sonders. You have no idea what it's like to have no choice but to hear exactly what he's thinking. He squeals so high when he's excited..."

Light grinned and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. He got his phone out and got up the camera app up.

He finally found his voice. "Say cheese, I guess..."

Kendra smiled and waited until they were done taking however many pictures they needed. Once the task was accomplished she turned to them again."I look forward to seeing what you do with it." She smiled. "So are you two comic fans or movie fans? We have a bit of both here today I think." She asked, curious if they were movie fans excited for the movie or comic fans ecstatic over one of their favorite characters being given screen time. To some people, namely executives at the studio, that question didn't matter. To Kendra though it was fascinating to see all the different reasons someone might go see the movie or come to this party.

Kendra didn't ask how Light knew her, there were plenty of answers to that, not all of them would have been comfortable for the nervous teen to answer. She didn't care either way, she went about life assuming everyone knew of her other career and it didn't bother her to find that to be true of someone. She smiled a little to herself, she was really excited about the movie and meeting all the fans, branching out into mainstream...and the money it could bring to fund her studio, was a big deal to her.

The fact she was portraying herself and no one knew it, well, that was just amusing.

Felix smiled brightly.

"Good, because that's what I would like to do too. I don't think it's stupid at all, I think it's great and I really want to get to know you and your purrsonality better too." He smiled and gestured to the crowd. "One way we can do that is to get started mingling here, if you're feline up to it."

Felix smiled to himself. "I'm really glad that's the kind of thing you're looking for." He added. He'd been afraid she was more interested in the physical aspects of a potential relationship...and he didn't want that. Not that it didn't sound fun, but he wanted that to come with time and love, not meeting someone at a convention party thing and consumating a physical relationship a few hours later.

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:37 am

"Can I ask you to use Fighter's Sense, Katherine? Just this once? I'm rather..."
x
'Shut up, I'm having fun here.' Katherine thought, sharply (if thoughts could even be sharp) 'Can't I just let my hair down for once without you interrupting? '
x
"...suspicious. Fine. Suit yourself. Don't blame me when you end up w-"
x
"The Smithsonian sounds like a good call, but I think I'd rather not do extra homework on that old thing." Kat said rather loudly, as if talking over someone "I mean, there's nothing about it that's particularly striking, is all. It's actually kinda boring. It's good for fencing and not much else, really. There's no use in talking about stuffy old swords like this when there are far better things to discuss, y'know?"

Linaria didn't seem to have a smart response to that, as evidenced by the silence. That was good. Kat was getting sick of her interrupting things. Sure, she was a good teacher, but Kat could learn things from other people, couldn't she? All this talk of 'just do it yourself instead of making the friends I told you to make, Kat' and 'coincidentally, just as you're about to enjoy yourself for once, I've decided that something is amiss' was really dampening the mood. She was here to talk about superheroes, not give into some sword's paranoia about people finding out (what obviously were) embarrassing truths.

"So, what's the deal with you guys, huh?" She said in her trademark awkward-yet-friendly tone "Are there any particular comics you came here for, hm?"

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:53 pm

"My deal is I'm just awesome," Prism said, laughing. "And, like, honest truth I know just about nothing about comics. I've read, like... maybe a few of the Luna Hawk Adventures that my friend insisted I read, but that's about it. Seems kinda... I don't know. Like, either they're wrong or they're right. And if they're wrong, I'd rather just meet the person and know what they're actually like... and if they're right, it just seems kinda like prying, you know? I'd rather just let people tell me their stuff in their own time."

Some of the stuff in comic books just seemed... well, kind of personal. Prism was pretty sure if she were ever in a comic book, there were a whole lotta things she wouldn't want in there, and they'd probably be all the things that readers would think were interesting, too. No, thanks!

"I'm here with friends, though, and to make friends, so it's all good. I kinda just like meeting people, and this is a great way to do it low-key when nothing's exploding and no one has to rush off after the battle so they don't de-transform or anything."

Mach2

Post by Mach2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:53 am

Joan Southam had gone to bed early, but her teenage daughter, Frankie, was wide awake. Sleep didn't come easy these days. Half the time, she lay awake for hours before she could finally drift off. And when she did, her dreams were never peaceful. They were always filled with fire or water. Usually both. A violent river, rushing over the rocks. Dead hands that should be cold, but instead burned around her neck. She would wake up in a cold sweat after her subconscious relayed the memory of the inferno on the bridge for the thousandth time. She still refused to tell her mother even the most minute details about what had happened.

No, sleep was out of the question. But staying up and staring out at the lights of New York City until dawn hardly seemed productive, either. The view was impressive - Joan was one of her company's best reporters, and they never skimped on travel accommodations - but Frankie was restless. If she didn't get out and do something, she'd eventually risk falling asleep.

Without another second of hesitation, she grabbed her jacket and headed for the door. As silently as possible, Frankie snuck out of the hotel room. The door clicked shut quietly behind her.

A short taxi-ride and a fraction of her last paycheque later, Frankie arrived at Panorama Studios. She'd seen the event advertised online almost immediately after her mother had told her about the work trip to New York City. It was the perfect distraction for the night, but there was no way in hell she could have asked permission to go. Ever since coming home half scorched-alive and virtually mute about why her clothes were burned to a crisp, her mother had been even more strict and protective than usual. An all-night party in New York City with dozens of adolescent superheroes? Out of the question. Never mind the fact that Frankie didn't need her mother making any connections between her and metahumans. The longer she could keep this under wraps, the better.

But she needed a distraction tonight. Needed to get out and let herself have some fun, even if that meant sneaking away. She tugged the collar of her turtleneck up a little higher, ensuring the healing scars on her neck were hidden. It wasn't her usual style, but she was adjusting to the coverage of high-necked shirts. She could rock the turtleneck and black jeans just as well as she could pull off the crop-tops she preferred.

Inside the studio, the party was well-underway. There were people. There was food. There was a display of comic books, and movies played on screens in every corner of the room. For the first time in what felt like weeks, the sombre expression on Frankie's face was replaced with a hint of a smile. Frankie made her way into the room, looking around and trying to decide who to go strike up a conversation with.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:33 am

CELIA ROSEImageJAMISON
THE MASTER OF UNLOCKING

Celia stayed in the back, generally out of view, watching everyone. They all seemed to be having a good time. She rubbed her red eyes a little, trying to make it look like she hadn't been crying. A lot of good that was going to do. Her stomach growled a little, reminding her she hadn't had dinner, and who knew when she was going to actually be able to eat anything. She didn't have money, she didn't know where her father was, and her mother was at a hotel somewhere. She started to wander around to see if maybe there was any food. The place looked like there was a party, and what she saw of a tv show or two, parties had food, right? She at least needed something to hold her over. Even if it was a little bit. She walked past a group talking, though she had no idea what it was about. It sounded like maybe one of those comic things she heard about, though it was weird. Were comics based on people? the one girl seemed to think so. She realized she had slowed down while walking by, and resumed her pace and hoped she hadn't been noticed. She needed to at least see if there was any food first, and then work on trying to figure out where she could sleep for the night. There had to be an unrented apartment or something somewhere she could crash for the night, or a few days, however it turned out.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:24 pm

It seemed like Abaya and Kat had some things in common, with the whole knowing stuff about swords bit, and they were getting along decently well. Prism scanned the rest of the room, glancing at other faces, new arrivals. "Hey, you two chill and talk about swords for a bit, I'm not helping that conversation any, you're both too awesome for me. I'm gonna go mingle, but I will totally catch you guys later. It was great meeting you!"

She gave Abaya a quick little hug, and Kat a friendly departing wave since she wasn't sure if they were to the friendly-hugs stage or not yet, and didn't want to be presumptuous. There was a person there that she hadn't seen in, like, forever and she needed to talk to her... because last time she'd seen the girl, she had been kinda busted up. More than kinda.

Tremor. Who was looking... like herself, but Prism wasn't sure if she was in-alias or not. She was gonna get really good at greeting people without using names, that was for sure. "Hi! Ohmygosh, I haven't seen you since Detroit. You look great. I was totally worried about you, it was kinda rough back there. How are you doing?"

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Reyn wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:37 am
"Can I ask you to use Fighter's Sense, Katherine? Just this once? I'm rather..."
x
'Shut up, I'm having fun here.' Katherine thought, sharply (if thoughts could even be sharp) 'Can't I just let my hair down for once without you interrupting? '
x
"...suspicious. Fine. Suit yourself. Don't blame me when you end up w-"
x
"The Smithsonian sounds like a good call, but I think I'd rather not do extra homework on that old thing." Kat said rather loudly, as if talking over someone "I mean, there's nothing about it that's particularly striking, is all. It's actually kinda boring. It's good for fencing and not much else, really. There's no use in talking about stuffy old swords like this when there are far better things to discuss, y'know?"

Linaria didn't seem to have a smart response to that, as evidenced by the silence. That was good. Kat was getting sick of her interrupting things. Sure, she was a good teacher, but Kat could learn things from other people, couldn't she? All this talk of 'just do it yourself instead of making the friends I told you to make, Kat' and 'coincidentally, just as you're about to enjoy yourself for once, I've decided that something is amiss' was really dampening the mood. She was here to talk about superheroes, not give into some sword's paranoia about people finding out (what obviously were) embarrassing truths.

"So, what's the deal with you guys, huh?" She said in her trademark awkward-yet-friendly tone "Are there any particular comics you came here for, hm?"

"I'm sort of new to the comic scene." Abaya said with a smile. "I was hoping to get a look at that Xae comic, but it's only on display behind glass because of the M rating. I did read some of the Contrail stuff though." She motioned to the respective positions of the comics. "My sister is..." Prism hugged her again and her eyes widened briefly. This was the most confusing rival she'd ever met. She'd not been prepared for this.

"A big fan of some of the younger stuff, like Adventures of Man Clock and My Little Equine." She knew this from her body's memories. "Personally though, my mother has no idea I'm here, she can't stand comics...or fun things, really. What about you, what comics are you here for?" She knew that from life.

There was tons of food, every possible sort of junk food and party food, plus some actual meal food. A woman appeared while she was going through the selection of food at the edge of the party. She was dressed like she'd fallen out of the Wild West, complete with stetson and six gun low on her hip. The hat was lowered low over her brow, obscuring her face while she selected food of her own.

"Parden my saying so, but you look lost ma'am." The woman said with a surprisingly beautful western accent. If it were affected, it was done with absolute accuracy. She picked up an empty plate and offered it to the girl. "A full stomach always helps when yer thinkin about things."

A smile creased the woman's lips in the shadow of her hat. "Need an ear ta bend? I'll be your huckleberry."

Mach2

Post by Mach2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Frankie wasn't expecting many familiar faces at this party. After all, she was still new to the scene, and the few times she had seen action as a fledgling vigilante, she'd been fighting alongside adults. Powerful individuals, already competent and well-established in their roles as superheroes and protectors. But that didn't mean she couldn't try to network. Make some friends, like Capacitor had suggested in Washington. Find some people her own age who would watch her back the next time shit inevitably hit the fan. She was about to step towards the snack table and strike up a conversation when she heard a voice she recognized. "Hi! Ohmygosh, I haven't seen you since Detroit."

The voice was bubbly and enthusiastic, but it sent a chill down Tremor's spine. For a split second, she was back on the bridge. Fire. Water. Fear tearing her mind apart and her heart pounding in her chest and a crushing grip around her neck squeezing so tightly that she couldn't breathe -

She turned, a smile on her face concealing any of the invasive thoughts that had just flickered through her mind. "Hey!" she replied, her own voice not quite as upbeat as Prism's. Then again, that was a level few could attain. "Yeah, I've been laying low a bit since then. Just school and work and stuff after that whole mess. But I wasn't about to miss this," she continued, gesturing around at the room. "How about you? How've you been? Did you come here by yourself, or do you know some people here?"

If Frankie's goal was to make friends, talking with Prism would probably be a good way to go about doing so. As outgoing as she was, she probably had no reservations about conversing with every individual in the room.