Teen Party and Lock In

Roleplay locations.
Maxx
Platinum

Re: Teen Party and Lock In

Post by Maxx » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Light froze up when Kendra Sonders came over to him and Shadow. Shadow rolled her eyes at her brother.

"OhmygoshitsKendraSonders!"
"Nah, you don't say."

Shadow smiled at Kendra Sonders.

"It's so nice to meet you Miss Sonders. I'm Shadow. And you're right, me and Light blog occasionally."
Light needed a jab in the ribs to say anything, and then only managed to say "Hi..."

Shadow shook her head at him.

"I am so sorry about my brother. You'd never guess he's usually the social one, would you?"
"Ask her how she knows that we blog..."
Shadow sighed. "My totally not useless brother wants me to ask how you know we blog."

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Kendra smiled at the both of them. Her brother wasn't the first person to respond to her that way and she said nothing of it, confident he'd find his voice eventually. "The studio does a lot of internet data mining, like, a lot. I think they have whole departments for it these days. They sent me files of people that might show up that have a blog presence before it started today and I recognized the two of you."

There was no reason to pretend the company wasn't snooping on the internet, every major company did it these days, often aided by the very publishing or email engines people relied on. "Anything I can do for you while I'm here? I think there's a presentation in a little bit, they're going to show the post credit scene. If I can help with anything at all just ask."

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:05 pm

CELIA ROSEImageJAMISON
THE MASTER OF UNLOCKING

Celia had made her way to the bathroom, quickly punching in the the numbers that she had been given, and slipping inside before closing the door behind her and flipping the light on. She clutched the small paper she had been given, her back and head pressed back against the door. She had made it just in time as she felt everything crashing down on her, the tears she had been fighting to hold back would no longer be held back as she slid down, her knees pulled up. She started crying, the reality of her situation setting in. She could have died... If not by the guys who blamed her for the interference, than by whatever those horrifying things were. Then there was the one who was following her. He was either following her to kill her so she couldn't talk, or to make sure she couldn't talk and still do more jobs. Both thoughts were just as frightening as those creatures.

Putting her arms around her knees, she buried her face against them, crying into them.

She didn't know what to do... she was afraid for her mom, knowing that they could still find her and use her to try to draw her out. Same with her dad. She actually hoped he was in jail so that they couldn't get to him. But for now, she was in some bathroom, in some place she didn't even pay attention to know where or what it was... with a whole bunch of people she didn't know.

She just hoped that no one needed the bathroom for awhile.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:14 pm

Light looked at Shadow.

"Shadow-"

Shadow looked at him.

"No."
"Please-"
"No."
"Shad-"
"No!"
"I'm-"
"No."
"Going to-"
"No."
"Keep bugging you-"
"No."
"Until you ask."
"Ugh, fine."

Shadow sighed again and looked at Kendra again.

"Light had the idea of doing a video, just like a montage of small videos and photos, while we're here, to celebrate 3 million subs, and he wants to know if we could just, like, have a selfie with you or something, for it."

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:36 pm

"It's great!" Prism answered the question about the party, giggling at the totally ironic use of the outdated 'shindig.' "Gotta be honest, kinda my first superhero party. Not used to just...being able to go places like this." A gesture encompassed her rainbow-sparkly self. "It's nice. It's nice to meet people, and really have a chance to talk to them, without some sort of crisis going on. I hope there are more of these things. I think it's good for people."

She smiled brightly, and gave Abaya a little nudge. Definitely good for people. See, Abaya was making friends with common interests already. She'd just needed someone to facilitate meeting people, Prism thought. Not everyone was just willing to go up to people and chat. Sometimes, Prism thought the superhero world, like, totally just needed some more cheerleaders. That was just one of the many reasons she had to keep being so awesome, that was all there was to it.

"So, sorry, but I didn't catch you name," she added, to the girl with the swords. The girl hadn't offered one, but Prism was going to let that slide. "How do you prefer to be called?" In a place like this, that could mean anything from a real name to an alternate identity to a pseudonym that was neither. Prism didn't really mind any of the options - people should be able to make up their own minds about how they wanted to identify - it just seemed polite to have something to call a person other than hey, you.

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:23 pm

LunaHawk wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:28 pm
"Yee!" The girl had a gleeful expression as they spoke. She was gradually calming down, too. "Speaking of whom, where is she?" The 'CEO' of this company was who she's supposed to approach, not the hero...well, he rather talk to Felix than Kelly. "I was sure she'd have come with you to the party," The young girl queried, casting a make-belief glance across the room to see if she could spot her anyway. There was prism who she suspected was her in colorful disguise...and some others she probably should be talking to. It was just a bunch of teenagers though, Sylvia wasn't sure if there was anyone of interest. Besides Felix anyway.

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:42 pm

"You're right..." Kat smiled at Abaya, holding Linaria in front of her and inspecting the blade as if she knew what she was talking about "This one is... uh... French! And old! And... that's all I know about it! I wonder if there's some kind of sword-based heritage site I could use to find where this thing came from."
x
"...Or you could just ask me, Katherine."
x
Kat ignored Linaria, instead turning towards the girl who first approached her, still keeping the same clumsy smile on her face. This wasn't so bad, she thought. They seemed like nice people, and she was grateful to at least be talking to someone.

"I'm Katherine!" She said, reaching out her hand rather tentatively as if she were unsure whether a handshake would be too formal in this situation "But, uh... could you call me Kat? Nobody really calls me by my full name, aside from my parents... and my fencing instructor, but she's kinda... old-fashioned..."
x
"An old-fashioned fencing instructor? Is that all I am to you? Zut alors..."
x
Again, Kat didn't react.

If Linaria wanted to talk, she would have to appear like a normal person and be part of the conversation.

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Kendra smiled. "Of course we can do that." She agreed. Despite all the years, all the lives, she genuinely loved people and when she could make someone happy, especially with something so simple, she would choose to do it. Kendra observed the two for a moment and then motioned them over to an area where they wouldn't have a dozen people or more in the background. "I think we can do it here without any issues or photobombs." She smiled warmly.

"I don't know about a website..." Abaya was about to say, but there was wifi here and it was a simple matter to tap into it without anyone being aware of what she was doing. In the literal blink of an eye she had a website address. "Actually, I think the Smithsonian might have something like that, you should try there." She offered. She watched the girl interacting with herself and Prism and Sahi wondered at it all. So much trust...given so freely.

It was a simple matter to blend in, far simpler than she'd expected. Too bad Prism was confusing her so much or she'd be more focused on earning people's trust. Of course, so far that seemed to be easy enough...talk and exist and the rest more or less took care of itself. She glanced at Prism and wondered if her confusion stemmed from something similar...but that was some serious acting if that's what it was. Sahi had never seen someone able to pull of that level of honesty without actually being honest.

Felix frowned for a moment, glancing around as well. "Well, she can't always get out of Solar City like she wants to." It wasn't a denial of her actually being here, that would be dishonest, it was an actual truth and it could be taken however she pleased. He would of course not tell anyone that Prism was Kelly and Kelly was Prism, but he wasn't about to lie about it either. He'd simply have to allow people to make their own decisions and state truths instead.

"That's ok though, we can arrange it over the phone later on, when the party is over" He offered as compromise with a big smile. "I'm for fur she'll be just fine with that idea." His grin grew bigger over his clever use of another pun and he smirked. He'd not used that one before and it had always seemed difficult to slip into a conversation. This time though it seemed just fine. "In the mean time...purrhaps we could talk about that kiss?" He didn't want to leave off as if it hadn't happened.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:17 pm

"Thank you."

Shadow smiled and started to go over to the area Kendra had motioned to.

"Oh my gosh I can't believe it!!!" Light's mental voice seemed to be higher than a mouse on helium. It was high enough to actually hurt Shadow's ears somehow.

Shadow never hit her brother. But this time, she hit him. On the arm. Not hard. But hard enough.

"I swear, you better not ever squeal like that again."
"Sorry..."
"It doesn't count unless you say it out loud."
"Sorry. Better now?"
"Yes. Now, come on, considering you were the one who wanted this."

The twins headed over to the area.

"Sorry about that, Miss Sonders. You have no idea what it's like to have no choice but to hear exactly what he's thinking. He squeals so high when he's excited..."

Light grinned and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. He got his phone out and got up the camera app up.

He finally found his voice. "Say cheese, I guess..."

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:17 pm

"Kat is fine, I like Kat," Prism assured the girl. Of course, I better never introduce her to Felix, or the puns will go on for weeks... The problem with having awesome friends was that sometimes, the awesome got a little overwhelming. Totally no big deal, though. Prism had handled more difficult situations than excessive use of wordplay.

"Smithsonian is a good idea," she said to Abaya, "They have, like, everything. There's probably something about old French swords there. Of course, if that's not how you wanna spend your time, that's cool too. It's totally okay to be able to use it without knowing everything about it. Not everyone has to be an expert." She'd noticed a trend in the superhero segments on her weblog that a lot of them were bound and determined to be experts at something. Sure, it was cool if the knowledge was relevant, but there was also a pretty big subgroup who just liked to know stuff for the sake of telling other people how much they knew.

Totally lame. Like, had no one ever told these people there was nothing wrong with saying "I don't know" once in a while? Or - like - "I was wrong about that" or "I made a mistake." Seriously, some people got so wrapped up in what they were that they didn't leave themselves any space to learn anything new. It was a tragedy! Some people could have been so cool, if they just chilled out a little bit.

The world needed more chill heroes. Ones that just, like, chatted at parties and stuff. Yeah, how come she'd never done anything cool like this before?

Oh, right. Probably that whole sixteen thing again. Seriously, being a teenager was totally crushing her style. Well, there was nothing to do about that but keep on going. She'd get there some day, right? She just had to make sure she had all the awesome friends ready for when she did. It'd be like SuperHero SuperTeam: Power of Friendship - Activate!

Yeah. It was gonna be great.