Don't Look Here!

A place for those who dabble in paint. Or, you know, pixels. Because they matter too.
shadowvoidboss
Gold

Re: Don't Look Here!

Post by shadowvoidboss » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Gen reminds me of doomfist a bit
When life gives you lemons make orange juice... cause fuck the world. XD

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:15 am

I actually had Doomfist in mind because I was wondering if he was the kind of build and all of that that I had in mind. Yeah, he definitely influenced Kibuka. :P
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:34 am

D&D Peeps :D
DnDCharicatures2.jpg
DnDCharicatures2.jpg (591.47 KiB) Viewed 233 times
I'm aching to actually be able to participate in a campaign, but I'm not gonna stress myself right before/during my first year of college, so that's gonna have to wait. But I channeled some of that energy into doing little doodles of three main characters I made. Adelais is the only one I've actually used thus far, and she's pretty much my favorite.

I guess I might as well tell y'all about them if you have some interest. I also want to flesh out some background ideas, lol

Adelais Valerian: Left Adelais is a guardian of the forest. The environment has been her home fresh from the start and will be the home she protects until her end. She's a kind, naive soul with no intent to harm any wildlife unless there is a reason (i.e. killing for food, burning a few sticks for firewood), but if anyone tries anything to bring devastation to wildlife...they'll certainly have a force to be reckoned with.
When it comes to interacting with other people, Adelais is rather awkward, considering how her only interactions on a daily basis consist with talking to animals and trees. She doesn't quite know how people work in every day society and therefore isn't quite all there. Adelais is a bubbly and friendly person that is willing to help out where it is needed, and is certainly loyal to her friends.
(Kinda think Starfire in Teen Titans lol)

Selimar Yarrow: Centre Once upon a time, Selimar Yarrow was one of the most beautiful and beloved elves in pretty much everywhere. His signature look was his high cheekbones, alabaster skin, accompanied by long, flowing dirty blonde hair. He adored the attention and women and topped everything off with his astounding talent in music with his flute. One day, while being swooned over by the masses, an old hag approached him. With a shaking bony hand she reached out and asked the elf for a kiss to turn her back into the gorgeous woman she once was. Disgusted by the sight of her, Selimar scoffed and spat at the woman. Upon this action, the woman revealed herself to be a horrid witch, giving him a curse to never grow his hair back on his head unless he gave up his narcissistic ways.
With his lovely locks gone, Selimar found himself alone and with nothing but his flute. Over the years he has gone into hiding and barely scraped up enough money to make a poor living. He often finds himself accompanying ships as they traverse the earth, but always finds himself back home. Selimar has all but given up hope on returning to his former glory and beauty.

Fergus, Mordare av Bjornar: Right Fergus was one of a nomadic tribe of dwarves that were mighty and fearful. They were known for their abilities to fend off the worst of attackers as well as their strong family ties. The nomads often stopped at towns and cities to gather supplies before moving on, meaning that they knew many, many people. Since he was a young boy, Fergus wondered why they couldn't stay to help the towns that needed it. Defenseless shelters would usually be found recovering from attacks by the orcs and goblins and other dark creatures. He asked, but never found answers. So, when he was old enough, Fergus separated himself from his tribe.
The first town he went to was being suppressed by a giant bear that constantly killed much-needed men and destroyed supplies, driving the town to starvation. Fergus decided this to be his first town to save. He gathered all of the information he needed from the townsfolk and waited until nightfall, when the bear would return. And return it did. Fergus lay in wait for the bear to get closer, clutching his trusty axe. Once it was in reach, Fergus launched himself at the bear and killed it in one fell swoop. Many people say the bear was sliced clean in half, and others say that the famed bear killer brought the axe down so hard that there is a permanent crack in the ground where the blade cut the earth. Either way, he was given the title of "Mordare av Bjornar" by the townsfolk and welcome everywhere, including home, as a hero. Now he seeks his next adventure to claim the title of legend.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:24 am

Interesting characters. So, I'm guessing Selimar is unable to grow his hair back because he still has yet to give up his narcissism?
The above image is a referral link to Nodiatis, an online RPG that I play.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Thanks! And yes, Selimar is still very much into himself, lol

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Nice. 😂
The above image is a referral link to Nodiatis, an online RPG that I play.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

Dapper

Post by Dapper » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:51 pm

I LOVE THE NAME FERGUS AND I LOVE THIS FERGUS. (Blame supernatural not me) But they all look so detailed, and each with such a speaking personality!!

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:42 am

I never watched Supernatural, but I hear it's good. xD And thanks! I'm hoping they aren't stereotypical to their race or class, y'know what I mean? I like it when they're different.

shadowvoidboss
Gold

Post by shadowvoidboss » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:22 pm

As a dm gecko if I ever get the chance I would love to run a game with you as a part of the party
When life gives you lemons make orange juice... cause fuck the world. XD

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:49 am

I appreciate the offer, but I'm looking for a face-to-face campaign. I love the atmosphere of being there with a bunch of friends and joking about nerdy stuff, y'know what I mean?