[F] Heroes of Our Time

FUCK

Re: [F] Heroes of Our Time

Post by FUCK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:36 pm

Rona stood at the railing of the ship holding on to it, not really because her life was indanger but because of the pure intensity of the situation. The ship crew and Rona had been given orders to wait for the mages, but then tower began to rumbling and with the sudden lightning none of the ship crew even expected them to make it and now this?! It all felt like more then what she joined for. Rona slapped herself in the face. Your already dead calm down, she thought to herself before looking over to the unfamiliar faces sitting in chairs as if they were at a picknic and stomped her way over to them slightly upset at there leisure attitudes.

"GET UP!" She shouted before blushing with unconfidence. "Uh, list! If you can use long ranged attacks go assist the mages in defending the ship. If not get down below where it's safe!" She shouted before darting across the ship to the staircase we're she spotted a teleportation rune. She only paused to look at it for a second though before marching down the stairs where she saw Elias and Aurion both injured next to Albieto. Quickly she ran over to Elias's side first.

"What happened?" She asked looking to Albieto while putting her hands on Elias's arm and shoulder caringly. Albieto responded by gesturing towards Aurion's arm then explaining.

"The elder one was hurt inside and the younger while protecting me and him just a couple seconds ago." He replied calmly.

"Stay here, I'll get help." She replied before jogging back to the staircase and peek out for any healing mages.

"Help! Elias and Aurion are hurt!" Rona yelled out to anyone who was listening.

mochi

Post by mochi » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:31 am

Everything happened so fast, like it always does.

One moment, Nic was enjoying a conversation with someone who might actually be familiar, and the next, they were under attack. She didn’t even realise it at first, it was all so much. Then a crash drew her senses back to the real world and she got to her feet, running across the deck just to get a glimpse of what was going on.

“Hey, what-“ she didn’t get to finish, as a piece of shrapnel flew and knocked her in the head, sending her flying back. Her Masque skittered across the deck, and her cape fell inert once more, her eyes returned to their normal hazel colour, and the light thrall surrounding her dropped immediately. Once again, she just looked like a 16 year old kid.

Desperate for her power back, Nic scrambled after the Masque as the ship tossed and splintered under the attack. Any previous bravado and selflessness was lost in a pit of fear. Without the Masque, she was nothing. Without the Masque, she might be stuck here forever. That couldn’t happen. Blood trickled down her forehead and into her eyes as she caught the Masque just in time, and slipped it back on her face. A hundred ancestral spirits whispered into her mind just in time for her to duck under another attack.

And before she knew it, they were through. She didn’t even help at all, and they were through. What kind of superhero was she? With gritted teeth, Nic snapped to attention at Rona’s cry for help. There must be something she could do - something she was called here for...!

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Caiden Aldwyn had been heading towards the mysterious Pendulum Tower. It was not a journey that anyone took lightly. The place was famous for the fact that none who had ever entered it had ever been seen again. No one knew what was actually inside the tower because of this fact, but everyone believed that it had to be something worth protecting. Maybe a fortune, or some magical item, or some secret that would make whoever had it be able to make the most out of their life. But no matter what it was everyone wanted to try to get it for one reason or another.

As for himself, Caiden only wanted to use whatever was in the tower for the same thing that he always did with anything he gained. He wanted to improve his Kingdom so that his citizens could continue to have a good life. Unfortunately it seemed that wouldn't be able to happen this time. For as he had been nearly at the tower a strange magical force had surrounded him and tried to pull at him as though it wanted to take him somewhere else. For a time the magic of his cuirass seemed to hold back the strange power but eventually he was completely enveloped by the power which then formed a blinding light and he could feel himself be moved in some unnatural way.

He seemed to move through an endless space of white light. A place in which he felt nothing at all around him. There was no up or down, no left or right, and even forward and behind seemed a nonexistent concept in the ever expanding nothingness around him. He couldn't help but fell like he would be lost to the endless void of light for the rest if his life. He felt like he would lose himself to madness for sure. But that was not to be his fate. He would learn later that his transference had been affected by his cuirass even though it hadn't kept him from being moved. It had allowed him to maintain his consciousness whenever he should've passed out during the experience. Though whether that was a blessing or a curse none could say for sure.

The orb started to dimly glow and then it began to ever so slightly move. This quickly began to steadily increase until the orb was nearly blinding the three around it as it shook uncontrollably. Finally it released one last burst of energy and when those in the area could see again there was another warrior standing amongst them bellow the ships deck. At that time Caidens mind finally began to clear and be able to once again coordinate itself with the actual space around his body. As he looked about he could feel the motion of the ship on the waves and smell the salty air of the sea. It was clear that he had been moved by magic but the questions were how, by whom, and to where.

He desired to know these answers but he also feared for his Kingdom. If their enemies had discovered a way to move him even with the protection of his cuirass then it was possible that they could also do major damage to his home and his people. Whenever his eyes landed on the three males in the room with him he glared at them and spoke sternly in his husky voice saying "Speak quickly! Who are you, why did you bring me here with your accursed magic, and what do you think you shall gain by my capture? Except, perhaps, your untimely death, spell slingers." the last part had been said with pure hatred and as he had said it he had pulled the dagger and short sword off his sides. At which point he took up a battle ready stance in case he had to defend himself from those before him. For certainly only those from his Kingdoms archenemies to the north could've wielded such power.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:52 am

At the arrival at the newest hero, which seemed to surprise both Elias and Aurion, the two put their hands in the air yo show they are no threat. Aurion moved himself infront of Elias despite his bum leg, his eyes stern and fixed on Caiden. Elias however gently pushed Aurion away from him and reached for his staff. Leaning on it heavily, he rose to his feet as heavy footsteps came from above, four sailors armed with cutlasses came down after the commotion caused by the knight. Once again, Elias held out a hand and the four of them looked at one another before sheathing their weapons.

"The time has come...to tell you everything" Elias muttered, causing Aurion to look at him in confusion "We owe you that much, for taking you from your worlds"

Beckoning Caiden and Albieto to follow him, he made his way up into the main deck, the only light now given from the lantern lit around the deck with the moon hidden by clouds above. Elias limped across the deck, and took a seat on stairs that led up to the wheel. Taking out a handkerchief, he wiped away the beads of sweat trickling down his wrinkled brow and closed his eyes, feeling the cooling light breeze blowing across the ocean. He beckoned all the summoned heroes closer, and Dante obliged, flying down and lying at the edge of the ship, with one leg dangling off the edge lazily. When everyone arrived, Elias reached up for a lantern, hanging it above them to cast it's light over the ground.

"It all seems so long ago now" Elias began, waving his hand in the air. Shadows streched out into shapes, a tower standing tall, and a small boy "Like many who came to us to learn, the boy had nothing. He had lost his parents and was injured in an attack on his village, barely able to remember what happened or where he came from. We gave him the name of home and greatest artifact, Morian"

"The boy was smart, eager to learn magic and excelled faster than any of us could imagine. His command over the arcane arts was astounding, and he used his talents to acquire wealth. Morian was only in his early years still when he was already being discussed to join our Council. He was strong and wise, a born leader. We couldnt have see the darkness that still tainted his heart."

"He amassed an army, strong and loyal to him and his gold. Morian crushed the kingdoms that had made him an orphan, who killed his family. The royal families, the nobility, were all slaughtered. Yet his taste with power was too intoxicating for him, and his ranks swelled with mercenaries, slaves and the fearful. It was on that day the bright young boy I knew died, and the Sorcerer King was born"

"We tried to stop him. The Council sent mages to aid the other kingdoms on the continent, but they barely slowed his army down as they swept across the land like a plague. He...he burned whole cities to the ground, building his kingdom on ashes and fear. The greatest heroes of our world joined with the Council for one final attack on the Sorcerer King, and we brought Morian to battle on a desert plain. We lost nearly everyone, his power...just grew too strong. I barely escaped with my life, the last member of the Council..."

"We call it the Hero Graveyard now, armour and weapons scattered across the sands. Morian followed that with the attack upon the tower, and few mages escaped. Those that did have Aurion to thank for that, as well as for escaping with the Orb." He continued, showing off more of the story with shadows. He showed the mages escaping from the Tower and sailing across the seas " We had no other choice but to use the Orb to summon you all here to help us."

"The Orb knows what stands the best chance of helping us, it is a gift from the gods. It choose you all, as it knows you all stand the best chance of defeating the Sorcerer King" Elias said, winding down to the finish, the shadows showing each of them standing before a dark shade with red eyes "I am truly sorry to bring you here, but if Morian takes this world and the Orb, he can lead his legions through the realms and burn all to ash as he expands his power. The Orb binds you here, until the task is done.

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:45 am

Mimos and Jack appeared behind Elias and Mimos smiled "So from my understanding and what your telling us is that Miriam decided to get revenge on the people who screwed him over. Huh not the first time I've heard that story, isn't that right sweetie?" Mimos said as she stroked Jacks head "No mum it's not" She said as she was in a constant on guard position

"Oh and sorry for not introducing ourselves earlier I am Mimos and this sweet little thing is my Servant/daughter, Jack or you may her by her full name... Jack the Ripper" Mimos said "So our question for you mister mage is how do we stop this shop called sorcerer king" Mimos continued as she and Jack walked back and forth on the ship
"I'm in lesbians with you." Scott Pilgrim

mochi

Post by mochi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:38 am

Nic drew closer, interested in Elias’ story, and moreover, in whatever magic was controlling the shadows into shapes. She was a visual more than an aural learner, taking in this story as the weight of not only this world but every other world fell heavy upon her shoulders.

Truly, her mantle had never felt heavier.

“So you’re saying... we’ve been called against our will, to a battle we’re likely to lose... and if we don’t fight, this guy is gonna destroy our homes? Our families?” Images of Nic’s family and friends flashed before her eyes and she clenched her fist, eyes closed. It wasn’t like she had a choice in the matter, but it was good to at least feel like she did. “I can’t let anything happen to them... I’ll fight with all my power, to stop this Morian guy, and to get home as soon as I can.”

If only her mother were here to tell her what to do. Seems she’d only just got her back and now they’re to be apart again. Nic severely hoped they wouldn’t worry too much.

“Um, I’m Masquerade,” Nic says, introducing herself to those she hadn’t yet, and taking off her mask to reveal her true identity. Her cape became cloth. “Nic, without the Masque. I guess we’re - gonna have to work together from now on, huh.”

FUCK

Post by FUCK » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Albieto listen to Elias carefully, giving his full attention for once. The sorcerer king did indeed sound like bad news for everyone here, plus other dimensions. While the art show was fun Albieto couldn't help but look around and notice that excluding his body 2 of the others summoned by the orb were children and he planned to bring this to everyone's attention but the masked teenager, Nic, beat him to the punch.

"Albieto Mononono, Prince of Rindel." Albieto stated his title quickly since 2 of the summons had introduced themselves. Albieto then looked to the new comer, pointing a gesturing hand to him.

"And you are?"

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Caiden slowly put his weapons away after the old man, who he realized was wounded, had not only refused the protection of the younger man, who was also wounded, but also the protection of the guards that had ran to their aid. He decided to give these people a chance. Even though he could sense that the three who had been in the room when he first arrived had been magic users. As the group left the lower area he followed from a distance ready to once again pull his weapons if this proved to be some kind of trick.

However, they seemed to be truly sticking to their showing of no hostility which did make him wonder just who these spell slingers were actually. He looked around at the others who were gathering. Many of them seemed to have some aura of magic around them as well and some of them didn't even appear to be human. So he realized that he may well be the most normal of all the people that had been gathered together. He listened to every word the old man said while he told his tale. He expected to find evidence of some sort of trick or falsehood in his speech but it seemed as though the old man indeed spoke true.

He once more looked at those around him as the tale ended and sone of the others introduced themselves. He then realized that the people that he first looked at hadn't just been gathered, but had actually been snatched away from their own places the same as him. This made him question the reasoning of the orb that had called them. Why would it choose to involve children, and why would it involve him. He was sworn to stand against magic but here he would be working with those who used magic. It simply made no sense to him at all.

It was then that the young boy who had been in the same room that he had first arrived in spoke up to introduce himself and then he asked for Caiden to introduce himself as well. Caiden stood up straight in order to stand his full hight that reached over six and a half feet and said "My name is Caiden Aldwyn. I am the King of Lestobraund. The reigning Grand Champion of the Colosseum of the Capital of Krivania since the age of sixteen. Sworn enemy of the magic wielders of the Empire of Mystrosus who seek to dominate all life in my world. Regardless of age, sex, and species. Because they believe magic makes them superior to all other life forms. Victor over many battles against those same enemies throughout my life. Protector of my realm and my people. And a hater of magic."

He then quickly undid the top strap that held his longswords handle. He then pulled the sword off his back and placed the point of the blade on the deck before him as he rested his hands on the pommel of the hilt. He then continued speaking "However, I have learned through my life that magical artifacts are the best way to defeat magic users and so that is what I and my people use in battle. So, since I am trapped here until this situation is resolved, and since all worlds, including my own, would be in danger if we do not defeat this enemy of yours. I will fight with you. However, mind well the fact that I have no faith in magic users. So while we are compatriots in this war, that doesn't make us friends."

He took a deep breath and returned his sword to its sheath while he tied the strap back to his handle. He then pulled a strap on each of his sides and a bag that had been placed over his sheath fell to the grown. He turned and retrieved it and then said to the old man as he faced him again "I noticed that you and your associate were both wounded. As a sign of good faith I would be willing to care for your wounds. If that is acceptable to you. Also, I would as your names. Since I have yet to hear them."

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Ash

Post by Ash » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:24 am

Kristy hid in the shadows for the whole time that the ship was in attack. If I use any more power, I will lose consciousness. Observing the chaos unfold around her, she leaned against a wall and took deep breaths. I need to recharge, and soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When the fighting had seized, Elias started to explain the motive of why they were brought here. She listened intently, soaking in the information she has been given. Chosen? Locked in? As more and more was explain, everything became clear. The reason she woke up here. The reason why she didn't recognize the Land. There were more worlds out there. More realities exist than just my own. Kristy smiled at that thought, for her curiosity had made an appearance. She listened while the others introduced themselves. One of them was named Mimos, who proceeded to introduce her daughter Jack. She was followed by the girl she met earlier NIc, also known as Masquerade. She seems interesting. Smiling, she listened as Albieto introduced himself to the group. Oh, a prince! Nice! She giggled and her eyes fell on the person standing next to him. A man, a little over six foot and a half, stood. He wore combat type pants, and boots, with a belt and harness that held a blade. he also wore a combat shirt, and some kind of armor with a sword swung on his back. Kristy then looked at his face, he had two distinct scars one was on his left eye from his forehead to the middle of his cheek, the second one was an X, that was placed on his right cheek. I haven't seen him before. Where did he come from? Tilting her head, she waited until the stranger spoke.
His name was apparently Caiden, a king from Lestobraund, and a magic hater. After his alliance speech, Kristy stood a little straighter. He is right we are still needed back home. Stepping forward towards everybody, she spoke; "My name is Kristy Calhoun. I am an Animaline, half human half animal. I was abandoned by my parents and lived my whole life on the streets until I died. I was 18 years old at the time. Now I am about 118 years old. I was killed by partial decapitation, hence the scar on my neck." She pointed at the mentioned scar. "I will help you, but please keep us informed. I don't really like information being kept from me."

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:24 am

"Ohh haven't you heard, They have no plan. We are the plan" Dante said with a chuckle, letting his head dangle off the edge of the railing to look over at Jack, dragging his nails softly off the wood of the ship. "They hope that by taking us from our worlds, uprooting us from the lives we were happy to lead, that we would run off with flashing sword and gleaming armour to fight against the great evil"

Dante rose up to his feet, casually and comically slinky off the wood, his steps slow and loud. He went to each one of them in turn. He stopped at Nic first, looking her up and down. Still a child, but he knew looks were deceiving. He made his way over to Jack and Mimos, suddenly leaning forward to snap at them with danger teeth to see their response. Giving them both a wink to show he was teasing he made his way over to Albieto, hunchering down slightly to have a closer look at the boy, getting too close for comfort for most. Certainly was alot older than he was letting on to be, but why let that get in the way of a good...whatever they were, a group. He made his way round a few more, stopping at Kristy and move his locket away to show her his own scar from his own death, giving her a smile and putting his finger up to his mouth. Finally he came to Caiden, probably the only one of the group that looked like the hero this world needed. He was tall, strong and looked like he was able to cut down a hundred men without so much as breaking a sweat. Throwing his arm around him, Dante drummed his claws off the man's armour.

"We are nothing more than a ticking time bomb, it's a good thing so many of you are willing to fight to get back home, but chances are we are going to die here, right big guy?" Dante said joyfully, giving Caiden a nudge before turning his attention back to Elias "Come on man, give us some more details, what have we got working for us"

Elias looked dumbfounded for a moment, and it was clear that these were not the great group of heroes he had in mind when he agreed to the Summoning. Taking a moment to compose himself, he summoned a sailor over with a map. It was quite complete as far as maps go, the technology they used to scout out their world had been most useful. The map was split into 3 continents, the largest at the east of the map carried the name Alterra, showing off the Tower of Morion as well as some of the borders of what used to be the old nations. Some islands dotted the sea leading over to another continent called Merdian. This one had the most diverse ecosystems, where flat plains gave way to vast deserts, which rose up into rolling hills and mountains begore finally giving into the ice at the north. South west of Merdian was the next continent, Mareterrium, which looked like the landmass was shattered. Dozens of islands, all in unique shapes and all bunched together made up this place, with a large central island to it all. Elias pointed to an island in the middle of the ocean between Alterra and Merdian, called Fort Hope. Dante scoffed.

"We are around here, making our way to Brettania which lies here at the coast" Elias explained, tracing his finger along the path "The Sorcerer King will need more supplies before following us, and the king has agreed to defend the coastline long enough for us to formulate a plan"

"We are to gather all the kings and khans of the land, going to their court and convincing them to aid us in our fight against the darkness. We will convene a council, and discuss our plans to fight back, and we need your help. If they don't come we won't have the numbers, and you all won't get the chance to cut him down" Elias continued, looking up at the all "But for now, we will feast at the hall of King Henry and decide on our course"

"A feast? Well count me into your merry band!" Dante explained, taking his arm off Caiden "I haven't even had breakfast yet, you lot took away that simple pleasure. I do hope we aren't far off"

"A pleasure to meet all your acquaintances. I am Dante Naberius. Not a prince. Not a knight. And certainly not a hero." He finished off with, taking a deep bow with his wings slowly extending as he lowered himself down.