[REQ/One] Project E.M.O.T.I.O.N.

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Miro-chan
Bronze

[REQ/One] Project E.M.O.T.I.O.N.

Post by Miro-chan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:57 pm

The year was 2128 and technology had finally enabled humans to created a product which was called "L-Mate." L-Mate stands for a Love-Mate. Sadly, there are not many hoverboards, or advancements in transportation (to which only the richest people can afford), but there have been a few better advancements in home heaters and many generators. An L-Mate an animitronic that was created for the sole purpose of learning emotions, keeping memories, and loving/tending to their owner. Many of these androids came on sale in early 2126, most either upgraded or thrown away, and the owners had bought a new one, or just simply wished to forget about the entire encounter.

One late evening, a mechanic, who also had a secret business to illegally sell various technologies and parts, ended up finding a two year old L-Mate in a large junk yard. He figured that he had hit the jackpot and took it home to see if it could be sold as a whole piece. As he inspected it, he was disappointed to find that it's memory bank had been completely damaged and it would not turn on. After muttering that he would just break it to pieces and sell its part, a [color] light emitted from its core. The L-Mate's eyes opened and it was miraculously alive, much to the mechanic's shock and happiness. He asked it if he could inspect it more since it had turned on and found the old bar code on [place of body]. He wasn't sure who it's old master was and despised them for having damaged and thrown out the robot in the first place.

With the memory bank basically nonexistent, the robot would have to relearn everything, from basic emotions to speaking. He found out that it fact could speak and walk and understood English. That was all a plus in his book. After a few minutes of thinking about how he should sell it, he logged into his computer and created a flyer, showing that the L-Mate was for sell. He added that although it's memory bank was damaged, it would be a clean slate for anyone who wished to have it. They would be able to have a brand new L-Mate to cherish and hold...for a price of 2,000 dollars. It wasn't even half the amount that the newer models were sold for, having been only available to the richest people. The next morning, the mechanic checked his website and was surprised to find over 100 people had posted their interest in his finding. He walked over to the robot and asked it if it would like to choose who would be it's owner. Much to the man's shock, the L-Mate had chosen four different people.

He rubbed his chin and after an hour, he had come up with a plan to both satisfy the customers and to gain more money. The four the L-Mate had picked out would be part of an experiment, each would have to pay their 2,000 dollars in cash, to be a part of. Each of the people would be able to soend time with the L-Mate and teach it knew things and by the end of the year, it would choose who it's owner would be. The mechanic quickly sent the four contestants an email and was pleased to see them all had sent one back, agreeing to do the experiment. The very next day, each contestant came into his shop and signed a contract, understanding that if they broke the L-Mate, they would be disqualified as a contestant and sent home with nothing.
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Miro-chan
Bronze

Re: [REQ/One] Project E.M.O.T.I.O.N.

Post by Miro-chan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Additional Information

Greetings!

So this is a roleplay I've been inspired to do recently and I thought it would be fun!

I am looking for others to play as the contestants, even the mechanic. If you would like to be another L-Mate, that's fine! I'll be having it set into three different groups. In at least one I'll be playing as the L-Mat that lost their memory and in others I'll play as one of the contestants (which can be human or another L-Mate).
Each of the contestants have to help their prize to be to relearn emotions, what's right or wrong, etc.

¤▪▪▪▪▪▪¤
Other Information

L-Mate (A.K.A. "Love-Mate")
A L-Mate is a robot designed specifically to learn omce it has found its master. They are programmed to keep many types of information and data in their memory bank and hope to please their master one day. These androids come in dofferent shapes, sizes, and genders all to how the customer wishes them to appear. Some of the richest people can design one to look exactly how they wish. The L-Mates are very expensive, most being at least a grand in most cities.

The World & Its Technology
The world is very much like the 21st century, only having a few more technology advancements. The richest people in the society are able to afford the few models of hovering cars and larger buildings.

One On One Roleplay
If you are interested in doing a one on one roleplay with me, feel free to lemme know on here or through pm! Please let me know which character you would like to be, also.
Thanks!

¤▪▪▪▪▪▪¤

Please post a character sheet if interested~!

L-Mate Character Sheet
Group: (You wanna be in group 1, 2, or 3?)
Name:
Appearance: (Can be photo &/or description.)
(The personality, likes, dislikes, skills, and weaknesses will be revealed in the roleplay.)

¤▪▪▪▪▪▪¤

Contestant Character Sheet
Group: (You wanna be in gorup 1, 2, or 3?)
Race: (Are they a human or another L-Mate?)
Name:
Personality:
Dislikes: (Minimum of four.)
Skills: (Minimum of four.)
Weaknesses: (Minimum of four.)
Appearance: (Can be photo &/or description.)

*Please note that only one L-Mate can be a contestant. The rest must be human.**

¤▪▪▪▪▪▪¤

Group 1:

Mechanic: @Miro-chan; Johnathan

L-Mate: @Razetheraider98; Raze

Contestants:
1)
2)
3)
4)

Group 2:

Mechanic: (Reserved)

L-Mate: @Miro-chan; Atsuka

Contestants:
1) @Jhibus; Elias
2)
3)
4)

Group 3:

Mechanic: @Miro-chan; Johnathan

L-Mate:

Contestants:
1)
2)
3)
4)
Last edited by Miro-chan on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:24 pm

I have updated the additional information. :)

Razetheraider98
Gold

Post by Razetheraider98 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:36 pm

L-Mate Character Sheet
Group: 1
Name: Raze Evernoth
Appearance: White skin, blue eyes, red, white, and black hair, blue jeans, white shirt with R on it, red shoes

Sent from my XT1080 using Role Playing Forums v4.2.1.
Stranger: What time is it?
Me: It's time to d-d-d-d-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!

Jhibus

Post by Jhibus » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Contestant Character Sheet
Group:

Race:
Human

Name:
Elias Dalton

Short Bio:
Elias was not born into the best of families - his mother had tragically passed away after giving birth to him, and his father was involved with local street gangs. Him and his father lived in a crime-ridden suburban neighbourhood, where his father made a living from selling illicit substances. Elias had an early exposure to the criminal underground at a young age due to his father sending him to inconspicuously deliver drugs to customers, making him deliver messages to other gang members, or having him help out in the production of illegal narcotics. This lifestyle caused Elias to grow up desensitised to the darker aspects of human nature, and eventually caused him to start resenting authority after his father was arrested in a police drug raid.

After moving in with his indifferent aunt in the city proper, Elias finished his public high school education at the age of 18 and did not go for tertiary education due to lack of finance. Not being able to land himself a job through traditional means, he soon resorted to using less-than-legal approaches to getting hired. Using connections gained from his father, Elias started his career off as a blue-collar worker and messenger for a local crime ring. One of his superiors eventually promoted him from a drug dealer to a drug manufacturer after recognising that he was good at handling chemicals. The new job plus some of his father’s savings gave Elias enough revenue to move out of his aunt’s residence into a small house, complete with an easily hidden basement and equipment to produce narcotics in secret. With this set up, he was able to manufacture the illegal products much more efficiently, eventually becoming known within certain underground circles as the go-to guy for buying drugs. As there was no more need to import drugs as much and thereby saving money for those in the crime ring, Elias found himself somewhere in-between the middle and top tiers in terms of gang hierarchy - he had connections in more places, knew how things worked, and was good at his job. He considered himself well-off, raking in lots of cash and money.

Unfortunately for Elias, demand for illegal substances had sharply risen in the past few months and police had busted a few of his crime ring's safe houses, drastically reducing the supply of drugs needed to meet the demand of consumers. The responsibility of solving this problem was somehow delegated to him from his boss, which left Elias working tirelessly everyday and forced him to hire some gang members to help make more batches of drugs. The increase in quantity was not worth the decrease in quality, however - no one could match his precise measurements and directions required for the optimal product. With his neck on the line and only two weeks left until his boss-imposed deadline, Elias looked furiously for someone who was capable of doing such a task correctly and eventually found a listing for some sort of helper robot. Mechanical precision to manufacture drugs, blank memory to imprint “correct" morals, and a low enough cost to consider purchasing as well… It seemed like Elias had found the perfect solution.

Personality:
Elias is what you would get if you were to mix a vain gentleman and a cowardly street thug together. Selfish and smug, he immediately sorts a person into one of two categories in his mind: Superior, someone of importance and should be treated politely with dignity even at the cost of his own in order to stay in good graces, and Inferior, someone to subtly exploit for his own benefit and only care about until they run out of use. A firm believer of impressions mattering, Elias does his utmost to always look pristine and unruffled, going to great lengths to do so.

Bling, chemistry, feeling superior and important, vapour cigars, reading novels, dragonfruit, celery

Dislikes:
Alcohol, history, feeling inferior and unimportant, cats, geese, untidy appearances, wasted opportunities, salmon, bitter gourd, police

Skills:
Chemical engineering of the illegal sort, networking, feigning interest, looking fashionable, using a knife as a weapon

Weaknesses:
Fails to really understand people, vain, cowardly, gets jealous easily, has a hard time tying shoelaces due to never owning a pair of shoes with shoelaces

Appearance:

: Image
Elias allots a significant portion of his budget to high-class fashion.
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:21 pm

Both accepted! I'll get the group's updated. :D As well as post my character sheets. :3

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:50 pm

(WIP)
Contestant (Mechanic) Character Sheet
Group: Groups 1 & 3.
(If somebody wishes to be mechanic, just lemme know for which group and I will remove my name. :D )

Race: Human

Name: Johnathan Woods

Short Bio: Johnathan was raised in a small home with a poor family. He first started learning how to fix a car and a tractor at a young age and was taught by his grandfather. The two did everything together

Personality: He may seem like a scary guy at first glance, but is actually a pretty nice guy. He's very smart and is a romantic at heart. He can be pretty manipulative when it comes to money, often winning more matches of biddings when somebody wants to buy his products... When angry, he transforms into a frightening beast and will protect any of his friends when the need arises.

Likes: Robots, technology of just about any kind, early mornings, alcohol, pasta, strawberry short cake, omelets, bacon, drawing, money fixing things, etc.

Dislikes: Being lied to, losing money, losing valuable clients, losing a fight, etc.

Skills:

Weaknesses:

Appearance: (Picture belongs to original owner!)
Johnathan stands at a height of 6 feet and weighs 230 pounds. Often wears a navy blue jumpsuit, which is held in place by a brown, leather belt, a multitude of bandanas, either around his neck or to over his face, thick black gloves, and black leather, steel-toed boots. When he's out and about, he will wear mostly blue jeans, many different types of sweaters, button up shirts, and other boots.
Sumiya.Shinomune.full.1925426.jpg
Mechanic l
Sumiya.Shinomune.full.1925426.jpg (228.78 KiB) Viewed 256 times
¤▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪¤

L-Mate Character Sheet
Group: 2

Name: Atsuka

Appearance: (Pictures belong to original owners!)
Atsuka stands at a height if 5ft 6" and weighs 200 pounds. She has platinum blonde hair and bright blue eyes that glows depedning in her emotions. She will wear pretty much whatever the contestant gives her, though she starts out with a blue dress, which has a white collar, which buttons on the back of her neck, and has a fluffy white slip underneath, and finallt black shoes. On the back of her neck is a small, removable plug, which she can use as a way to charge if she doesn't have sunlight around. She also has a bar code on her inner left thigh and her core is a crystal blue color located in between her collar bones.

With Long Hair:
33e219cf49f737c0f663b0b7b434f970.jpg
With Long Hair
33e219cf49f737c0f663b0b7b434f970.jpg (112.24 KiB) Viewed 259 times
With Short Hair: (Bangs stay the same as in picture one.)
3d2f7ef7130bde2e12a24adf9f61e6c6.png
With Short Hair
3d2f7ef7130bde2e12a24adf9f61e6c6.png (988.9 KiB) Viewed 259 times
Last edited by Miro-chan on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

jehan

Post by jehan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:38 pm

I'd love to claim a mechanic, if that'd be okay! Preferably for group 2! Would I have to stick with your CS for the mechanic or can I come up with my own character?

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:46 am

Sure thing! I shall remove my name from that part in the group. :)

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:47 am

You can use the Contestant CS template above the character sheets. :)