[RP][Wint] Doki-Doki Channel!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: [RP][Wint] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:00 pm

“No wounds in all that dirt?” The nurse asked with a warm smile and a skeptical raise of her eyebrow. Still, she stood up all the same, batting off her thighs as she gave the two girls an appraising stare. With a nod she stepped over to a closet and pulled it open. With a hum, she removed a pair of shirts, skirts, and other clothing items along with two large bags of a clear plastic. “I’m rather proud of my eye, but if anything doesn't fit please do let me know.” She said with a wink.

She slipped the fresh clothes into the plastic bags before holding them out for her to take. “The showers are through that door there.” The nurse said, motioning with her chin, “put your dirty clothes in this bag, then sign them on the line and give them back to me when you get out. I’ll have them run through the wash and you can pick them up tomorrow.” She said with another smile.

“Thanks!” Chie said brightly, taking the bag that was offered to her and walking over to the door to the shower room. She pushed it open and stepped in. A series of stall doors ran along one side of the room and sinks on the other. A table next to the door had a stack of towels and hand cloths.

What was with Ikemori? She had been avoiding all eye contact, was she that angry about the sparring match? Chie sighed, picked up a towel and wash cloth before selecting a stall at random and pushing it open with a bump of her hip.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:13 pm

Honoka smiled as the nice nurse spoke. She was certainly kind and interesting, but Honoka couldn't pay as much attention as Chie must have, as the information did not pertain to her. She hoped her wounds were benign, but she couldn't risk it. She would have to see her later... after hours...

Nodding and smiling, however off-plan as it was, she did as she was told, and grabbed the bag in her size. Though, they were almost the same height.

Heading for the shower, Honoka relaxed herself, knowing that she could be at peace for about how long as it would take.
Because of that, she didn't hold her step as she did on the way there, but tried to keep it hidden from those further away.
She would have to apologize to Chie. She took an innocent spar and made it a battle, with actual repercussions.
It was her, and Chie didn't deserve the backlash.

Going into the showers, all Honoka could see were large wooden doors encompassed separated by larger wooden walls, coated in something to prevent them from absorbing the humidity.

She entered the stall quite hastily, but made it in time for the wall to support her.

Maybe it wasn't too bad...

Taking off her clothes, Honoka saw some scraped skin on her knees. She hoped it wasn't much. It didn't hurt... though she knew it didn't always mean much.
Her wounds were healing already. That was a good thing, right? She hoped so. Either way, she had the nurse to look forward to, after everyone's gone to their dorms.

Her limping leg seemed fine. Structurally. She had a big bump on the side, which she unfortunately poked.
It wasn't horrible, but... it wasn't good.

She took off her clothes and turned on the water, full heat.
Once the water started pouring, she dropped to the floor, her clothes safe on the hook near the door.
Once the steam started spreading, she cracked open her door, making sure Chie was not outside.

As mirror was gathering on the large mirror against the opposite wall, Honoka had an idea.
Nothing big, but... necessary.

With a deep breath and sway of her wrist, marks began appearing on the wet screen.
Though not too proficient in the art of wind writing, Honoka was able to write something. Something short, but awfully rough.
IM SORRY
She cleaned herself up, got dressed and fled, not too long afterwards handing the nurse her clothes, without revealing anything else, as Chie might be behind her.
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 am

Her clean clothing made its way onto a hook on the wall, while her dirty clothes found themselves onto a heap on the floor. She leaned in and twisted the knob over to warm and waited for the few seconds it took for the warm water to actually start to flow. She stepped into the shower, pulled the curtain closed, and released a long sigh as the water ran down her back.

Chie wasn't exactly how long it took before she finally got all of the dirt out of her hair. But she definitely felt far more relaxed as she stepped out of the shower and toweled off. She quickly got dressed into the clothes the nurse had given her, and stuffed her dirty clothes into the plastic bag. Both the loaner clothes had the school patch embroidered onto them, over the left breast and next to her left hip.

She pulled the stall door open and stepped out. A thin vapor curled as it was was disturbed, and Chie came to an abrupt stop. The mirrors were fogged, but someone had written across them in large letters a simple message “IM SORRY.”

Sorry? Sorry for what? Chie looked around the room quickly, none of the stall doors were closed and she couldn't hear any water running. Had Honoka written the message and left? Hurrying, Chie passed back into the nurses office, thanked the nice woman quickly as she dropped off her dirty clothes before she went back into the hallway.

Where had Honoka gone? Had she returned to the sparring fields to watch the magical girls fight? It seemed as good a place as any to check first, so she darted out of the door and hurried back to the practicing ground.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Her clothes felt nice, and her bruises were... better.
Maybe she could avoid seeing the nurse after hours?
Maybe.
Maybe not. She can't be rash.
But she was just being rash.
She needed to run somewhere. Move as fast as she can in the state she's in.

Outside.
She won't find her there.

Honoka snuck back into the training ground, trying to come up with an explanation if she gets caught. She couldn't.

The sun has been mirrored. The day passed so fast.
And yet everything felt so fresh.
What was she going to do?!

She walked around the side of the building, trying to find an escape route if Chie comes without making everyone suspicious of her.
She would be spotted if she tried to make it all the way across the field.
Even flying to the roof would be impossible until she's properly rested.

Running out of time, Chie could hear footsteps.
She hid behind the door and waited.
Waited for an opportunity to sneak back in.
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:44 am

The hallway was empty, and the only thing joining Chie as she walked briskly back to the door outside was the click of her own shoes. It wasn’t long before Chie reached the exit back out to the outside. Her eyes flicked first across an empty sports field before her attention finally turned back to the sparring area. Light flickered through the sky, filling the empty space coupled with a harsh electrical crackle. Chie couldn’t remember the girl’s alias, but she was fairly certain that was one of the ones on the magical girl course. The huddle of students seemed a little thinner than before, but was Honoka in here?

“Weird.” Chie said to the empty air around her. She ran her fingers through the still damp hair at the back of her head before starting to walk in the direction of the sparring match with a shrug. “What was she even sorry about amway?”

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:08 pm

She was outside and yet she felt alone. Enclosed.
She looked ahead and saw a peculiar sight, what must have been an alien seeking her in order to harvest her organs. There was no more sensible explanation.

Now she had to see this... girl. This annoying, annoying girl try to track her down just because- DAMMIT WHY DID SHE HAVE TO APOLOGIZE?!

Honoka glared at the ground as she hoped it would all burn up into a smokescreen, but it just wasn't her day.
Her nerves grew tighter and tighter, until she could not contain it.

"Because..." She said, her teeth clenched together as her lips emoted the words.
Everyone was here. She couldn't make a scene.
Her teeth loosened their grip, and Honoka's eyes dropped.
"You didn't need to block me. You didn't have to stop me. You could have just moved, I would've gotten hurt, and you would've won." She glanced ahead at the course. Even though the other girls could not hear her, Ono decided to pull Chie to the side where there was no chance that they would be heard unless they tried to. She gave up on trying to hide her injury. "You could've won and you didn't and it pisses me off because that tells me you spared me and that the only reason I left with just a limp and an injury was that you spared me."

Her hair started covering her face, the wetness giving it more rigidity. She let it stay.
"You chose blocking my attack instead of moving. Why." She crossed her arms.
Why are you being an idiot... The one person who gives a shit about you in this school and you decide to be a dick...
"Why..." Her eyes started to drift away from Chie, looking as far to the side as they could without making her head turn as well. They seemed wetter, redder, her face growing red as well.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:10 am

“Huh?” Chie said, cocking her head. That’s what this was all about? That seemed like a weird thing to get so unhappy about. It was just a sparring match right? And it’s not like their results were being graded too so hadn’t it just been to have some fun? It was a pain to get into any of the higher combat classes if you didn’t have a contract to be a magical girl so she had just dropped by to scope it out.

Now it was just all awkward.

Chie scratched at her cheek as she offered up an awkward grin. Had there been some point she could have won during? She really didn’t remember any.

“I dunno, I just come to these sparring sessions to have some fun.” Chie offered up with a quick shrug of her shoulders. “They don’t really do sparring stuff if you aren’t in the magical girl programs, and it never really seems nice to try to hurt people, and it’s not like most can hit me anyway.” Another shrug.

“But your wind stuff was cool, I had to figure out what to do a few times! I thought you were doing fine reacting on your own.”

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:33 pm

Dammit, the perfect girl became even more perfect.
Why did Honoka even feel this way?! What made her this competitive? So competitive that losing meant so much? What stability did she seek from winning?

"...I'm sorry." She looked aside, now more agitated with herself for embarrassing herself so bad.
"Can we just go inside and call it a day?"

Ono began blushing as Chie complimented her power.
"I-I-..." She wasn't sure why the sweet girl had to be even sweeter. Ono would end up getting a cavity from just being around her. So annoying.
So annoying... but kind of great. Someone who cherished kindness and loved being nice to others.
Unless it was a ploy in which case screw her.
"I... don't have a ton of friends so I'm not really used to this so- not that we're friends if you don't want to- I just-..." Her face turned back to normal as Ono began controlling herself.
"Say... where did y-you...learn how to... you know, kick my butt and be really cool with your dirt-mist powers?" She smiled. About time she talked about something other than, well, being super jealous.

With time she motioned her to her room.
Maybe it would be nicer to talk there.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:28 pm

“Nice room.” Chie said, as she made a circuit of Honoka’s room, taking a look at this thing and that. It seemed a little strange to be visiting dormrooms so soon after meeting them, but it was a nice break from the boring old routine, right? What else would she be doing right now anyway, homework? Who wants to do homework? She had plenty of time to take care of it later anyway. Probably.

Her initial looksie of the room completed Chie drew a chair out from under a writing desk, spun it around to face Honoka and plopped down. With a grin she leaned forward and brought her hands together as she rested her elbows on her legs.

“So! You wanted to talk about combat, right? Anything specifically that you want to know or just a general ‘where did you learn that’?”

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:26 am

Several posters of heroes and villains alike hung on the walls of the room, windows half-covered by dull yet durable red curtains.
On the desk in the corner sat a tad old but reliable computer; a generation or two older than the current models you would find in store but with the amount of new ones constantly coming out it was still nothing close to an antique.
The chair sported several clothes that Honoka would wear on occasion. A wardrobe for when the wardrobe was just too far away.
Honoka sat on her bed as Chie surveyed the room.
Everything was okay. She was in control of herself.
"Thanks." She replied, with a blank face trying to hide the odd peace she was in.
Maybe it was a bit too presumptuous of her to ask her sparring partner over, but honestly it was due time she had someone over.

Glancing at the black and blue umbrella that tricked Ono into keeping it nearby and not in her closet, she returned her eyes in line with her guest.

"Anything, really." She replied, smiling softly, still trying to hide the odd mix of emotions she was in.
"When, where, how... I love learning more about... well, you know. Not everyone gets powers and it's an interesting subject."
Moving back on her bed she managed to hang her legs off the edge, swaying them back and forth, still keeping them close together as her tension still lurked about.