A Tale With No Heroes

CathornTheGrey

Re: A Tale With No Heroes

Post by CathornTheGrey » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:52 am

stepping out of his cell and and stretching out Strom pulled off his cloak and held it in one hand, his 'flail' in the other as he strode toward the side of the door in case someone decided to get to curious "As i see it based on how little they cared about Cassardis screaming, we have some room to make a bit of noise, and looking at how old this cell is we may be able to dig the mortar out and pry out a few bricks now that we have a letter opener. Hell we may even be able to sharpen that little beauty into a passable knife, well good enough for us. Hell Augustine maybe now that we're all out maybe you can pry off a few bars, or look around for some bones i'm sure some sorry fool has ended up dying in here and i doubt our lovely hosts would clean it up."

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:58 am

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak.

Pulling open the heavy duty door, surprisingly there were no guards or anything at the other side.

"Or we can just walk through the front door like sane individuals."

How long had there not been anyone guarding the exit? Were they that sure that no one would escape? Or did Cass's constant shouting eventually drive the guards who were posted? No use pondering, it would be wise to scram before anyone came back. The stairwell to the forts upper stratum was dark. The stone steps broken and dishevel by years of weathering down, one could easily lose their footing if they weren't paying attention.

Cassardis placed his back along the stone wall, inching up the stares. The way that the stairs curved, made it a bit harder to see in front. If anyone was coming down, he wouldn't be able to see them early on...nor could they see him.
---

The fort had been surprisingly still. Being a bandit hideout, there was an expectation that it would have been...a bit more guarded? At the end of the staircase there was a simple wooden door. Leading into the forts main chambers and exit, faint voices could be heard conversing pass it.

"...Soldiers...................near.........South....."
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

Maxx
Gold

Post by Maxx » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:15 am

Jax quietly followed Cassardis up the stairs. He looked at the wooden door. "Do you think there are guards posted outside there?" He whispered.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired
Go Make Fun Of My Terrible Art

CathornTheGrey

Post by CathornTheGrey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:03 am

Slowly swinging his mace as he ascended the stairs Strom looked back at the others "well as long as we have this fool hardy duo out in front, those thugs might tire themselves out by the time they get done butchering those two." Laughing to himself as he plodded up the stairs Strom wrapped his cloak back over his shoulders and tried to be as quit as he could be.

cz_invazion

Post by cz_invazion » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:58 am

Augustine groggily stood up and leaned against the door. With just his weight it managed to open up with ease. "Ok in my defense I have a head injury and I didn't think of that before hand." He said as he walked up to the stairs with the rest of the group. On his way up he grabbed a woodden soike from a small table thinking it would be better too be arned with something than nothing as he kneeled by the door with everyone else, ready to strike at what was on the other side.
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.