A Tale With No Heroes

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Re: A Tale With No Heroes

Post by ShaFlow » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Casssardis wasn't one to just simply hope and wait. No, if there was any way of getting out, it had to be through their own actions and nothing else.

"Maybe they'll offer us a nice vacation to some faraway islands?" He proceed to start kicking at the iron bars hoping to break them. They looked old and rusted. They had to break down eventually right?

"If you have an idea why don't you just spit it out alrea-"

creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak...

DOOM!

There had only been one door into the dungeon. A heavy duty contraption made of thick iron covered in rust and unknown stains. The sharp creak of the doors old hinges swinging open echoed through out every cell; as well as the thick. The bandit leader, a large Orc who's face was battered with scars wearing the mantle of a direwolf as armor. Equipped with a large crude Axe on his back the orc silently strolled, getting close each of their cells. The pace was slow.

"Oh you don't have to worry about me "intruding" on your escape plan. Many have tried, none succeeded."

His stroll ended at the rooms center, with both arms crossed.

"You'll be shipped off to Astaros where you'll be stationed in one of many mines, digging up ore for the rest of your wretched lives." A crooked smiled stretched onto his battle torn face."But first we're gonna need to cut out your tongues."

That was the last of the bandit leaders dialogue. Slowly strolling out of the dungeon. His footsteps were heavy enough to slightly tremor the old forts stone floors...

"I bet I could take em." Cassardis scoffed, pacing over to his cells farthest wall. Preparing to charge the iron bars for one final attempt of an escape.
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

CathornTheGrey

Post by CathornTheGrey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:03 am

"well i for one want to keep my tongue right where it is, it might be particularly graceful but its the only one i got"
tour a strip off from his cloak's hem about 3in wide and 3 1/2 ft long, thinking he could at least use it as a noose if any bandit was foolish enough to get close to his cell.
Hearing the bucket in the cell over crash into the wall gave Strom an idea, not a good one ,but an idea non the less. turning to his own bucket he began stomping on it trying to get it as small and as possible. as he did this he tour a few more strips from his cloak. and started to tie his new mace together. sure it wasn't very heavy or sturdy but something had to be said for the surprise of getting hit in nut by an old man wielding a crushed metal bucket on the end of a rope.
Last edited by CathornTheGrey on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:11 am

"You think you can take him?" Astrina scoffed, looking up to Cassardis. She envied his foolish bravery; It was easier to storm into battle believing you'll win than it is to storm in knowing death was around the corner. She had been eyeing the entrance ever since the Bandit left, and slowly plans formed in her mind. She didn't know if she could bring them to fruition, considering whether or not the others were likely to go along.

"Do you think they'll take us elsewhere to have our tongues removed, or do it right here?" She asked softly, narrowing her eyes in thought. Her hand rubbed the burn scars over her eye, an old habit she did when she was frustrated. "We could make makeshift weapons with whatever is in here, likes rocks and stuff. Or if they take us out one by one, We can distract them long enough to snatch the keys from them." Astrina rose from her seat, moving away from the bars in case Cassardis did decide to charge.

"Either way; We'll need to have a plan to face off with the Bandits." Astrina rubbed her hands together, watching the entrance once more.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Maxx
Gold

Post by Maxx » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:27 am

Jax kept scratching at his wrist, despite the fact it was now bleeding properly. "I'm pretty sure they'd just cut out our tongues in here," he said to Astrina. "Making shift weapons sounds like a good idea, but trying to distract them wouldn't work, I don't think." Jax looked at Cassardis. "Cassardis, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to take him. For starters, he's got an axe, where as you have nothing." As he spoke, Jax had been getting more and more agitated, and his wrist was slightly sticky with his blood, which he didn't notice. He heard the noises coming from Strom's cell. "What are you doing over, Strom?" Jax asked, still scratching at his wrist.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired
Go Make Fun Of My Terrible Art

CathornTheGrey

Post by CathornTheGrey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:34 am

"well seeing as how i have this lovely cell all to myself over here i dont have high hopes of that big ugly bastard going for you first, so i'm turning this shitty little bucket into something a bit more useful.'' As his work was done Strom thrust his new creation between the bars for the others to see. "If any of you want to keep your tongues where they are and not take a trip to the mines i suggest you do the same."

cz_invazion

Post by cz_invazion » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:16 am

"You know I had an idea as well but I'm not sure if it will work." Augustine said as he went up to the bars and face the cell with the main group. "What you do is tie your clothes up into a rope and toss it over, I'll tie it to one of the bars here and you pull. Once I get through I'll help you guys bust down a couple as well and then we can use the bars as Spears." Augustine added. To him it was a good idea, easy to accomplish and probably the fastest. Sadly however due to his history to his ideas according to his friends, Augustine lacks the capability to come up with a good idea. So he looked forth to his comrades in a look of assurance that it was at leats plausible.
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:34 pm

Astrina listened to Augustine's plan, frowning a bit at the idea. Sure it was good; But she doubted anybody wanted to relinquish their clothes in hopes that sheer strength would break some rusty iron. She shrugged, finally giving up, "I doubt we'll have very much chance of getting out of here." She looked down to her feet, inspecting the rock dust that had formed on them. This wasn't Astrina's first time in a cell, but definitely the first time she had no idea how to get out.

"Maybe we could just bash down the walls-" She grumbled, looking at the wall she had slammed into earlier. The brick was old, and could fall easily, but it would take a lot of strength and resilience. "Or we wait for them to come back to make us mute slaves." She leaned back against the wall, watching as more dust and pebbles fell to the ground.

Maxx
Gold

Post by Maxx » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Still scratching his wrist even though it was now rather sticky with his blood, Jax stayed silent, thinking. It was obvious his first idea wouldn't end up working if they tried it, so he was trying to recall other stories his mother had told him, in hopes that one of them had a similar situation to theirs.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired
Go Make Fun Of My Terrible Art

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:55 pm

"There's no need, because I've won our way out."

In one hand he had been holding a small metallic letter opener. It was dull and old but that wasn't why it was the beacon of hope the group had. With aim sent from the divine itself, Cassardis held the file for Astrina."You're smaller then me and plus you were closer to the keys." They were sharing a cell since the entire group couldn't fit. If the bandits could squeeze them all in without worry of the combined strength, then they would have.

"Seems while he was too busy fantasizing about our tongues, I managed to grab something of use. " Cassardis couldn't help but snicker. Blessed deft hands always there when needed. Lady luck always had a thing for him.

"See if you can reach the key ring. I don't want that guys hands anywhere near my pretty face." The dirt in between his cracked and callused fingers. Yuck!

They had to get out of there soon.
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 am

Astrina rolled her eyes in a playful sense at Cassardis comments about his 'beautiful face'. Quickly she took what the man gave her, and went to work attempting to grab the keys. A few times where unsuccessful; but after one great reach that made her shoulder pop, Astrina managed to dangle the keys in her grasp. Pulling her arm back, she resisted the urge to vomit as she wiped god-knows what from the bare skin of her arm.

Checking to make sure the bandits weren't returning, Astrina stuck the key into the lock and turned. Her prayers for using the correct key were returned as the satisfying click echoed lightly. Pushing open the iron gate, she made her way to the others and unlocked their respective cells, a smile on her face. "Now that we're out-" She spoke softly, careful not to alert any bandits. "How exactly do we get out?" She asked, pointing to the prison door.

Sure they had been freed from their cells, but without weapons, they were all basically useless. Unless they were magically gifted with the ability to effectively sneak past the bandits, they had little chance of not ending up back in their cells after stepping through those doors. "The only one with a 'weapon' is Strom." She pointed to the man, before looking back up to the prison door, attempting to think of a way to get out safely.