Fairytale Circus (1x1)

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
Kal-of-Krypton

Fairytale Circus (1x1)

Post by Kal-of-Krypton » Thu May 10, 2018 2:54 pm

Come one! Come all! To the Enchanted Circus! A place of dreams and magic!

Here at the Enchanted Circus, you will encounter the wondrous Little Mermaid with a voice so melodious, you won't want her to stop singing. Or perhaps you're more interested in grizzly the Beast, who can lift anything? Or maybe you've come for the beautiful Prince Charming who can transform into anyone he wants? Either way, you will not want to miss out on such a magnificent performance!

Basically the idea of this is to have a circus where all of the performers are based off of fairy tale characters. These performers are also supernatural beings of some sort. Like I imagine the Little Mermaid might actually be some kind of fish monster with a beautiful singing voice. Beast might actually be a beast, for lack of better words. I do also want to play around with the idea that from the outside this Circus is very magical and fun, but on the inside things are a lot darker. Like some performers are vampires, so they have to feed. Maybe the circus actually is involved in luring people away to be eaten or made to do the performers' bidding.

The plot I have in mind right now is a human boy ends up joining the circus as a ticket taker or promoter, either on a dare or as an actual investigator. While on the job, the boy starts falling for the biggest star of the circus, Prince Charming. And we can continue to plot things from there. If someone is interested in playing multiple characters, I'd love to try and add more plot lines exploring some of the other performers.

About Me
1) I can write up from 2 to 5 paragraphs, of course I can manage to do more or less depending on what I'm give.

2) I like to have a plan for my rps so be prepared to plot things out. I hate running head first into a story.

3) I'm working full time so I may get busy from time to time. I should still be available to post at least once a week, but I will probably post way more than just once a week.

4) I don't mind OOC talk, and would actually love to encourage it! Even if we're just talking about our characters in the rp and planning for what to do next, either way I'd like to keep some kind of communication up.

5) I'd like to know your favorite animal, so that I know you've read this section

6) I am female but will rp both male and female characters (I'd prefer to play the female in fxm relationships though, as I have had to rp the male counterparts to female characters way too often in the past)

7) I enjoy romance in my rps! I'll do MxM, FxF or FxM romances.

8) Please ask me any questions you have!

Partner Preferences
1) Please be open to have romance in our rp!

2) Be willing to play both genders if it becomes necessary.

3) So I know you've read this section, as it is the most important section, tell me your favorite color

4) Understand that OOC talk is going to a thing so please be cool with OOC chat and keeping up with it

5) Please bring some ideas to the table, I don't want to be the only one throwing stuff out there. I want to know you're also really into the plot or pairing too and that you want to participate in this just as much as I do.

5) Be willing to play multiple characters.

6) If you have any other questions on what I'm asking for, please ask.

Random Accel

Re: Fairytale Circus (1x1)

Post by Random Accel » Fri May 11, 2018 3:57 am

I am interested in working this one out if you have a post for cs up and won't mind doing this with me.

Who am I?

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Fri May 11, 2018 3:58 am

My favorite color is yellow :P

Who am I?

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Fri May 11, 2018 3:59 am

I want to work on the plot a bit with you while both of us are online, when are you usually on?

Who am I?

Kal-of-Krypton

Post by Kal-of-Krypton » Fri May 11, 2018 2:34 pm

I wouldn't mind working on this with you! I do not have a CS thread up yet, I'll be working on getting one up today at some point. As for times I'm online, I can be online from 5-7pm Eastern Standard Time, but I am also online at random points through out the day when I've got a break from my work.

Kal-of-Krypton

Post by Kal-of-Krypton » Sat May 12, 2018 12:03 am

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Sat May 12, 2018 1:19 am

I will start working on my cs. In terms of plot, I am thinking along the lines of some sort of plot twist, like maybe the fairytale performers (?) were once people who either came to watch the circus, or became involved as a side job like the ticket seller boy, and something happened to them. the circus keeps adding performers that way, and when the boy finds out, he has to either pretend to not know, or risk being one of them. perhaps the boy falling for prince charming makes him want to save him from the circus and makes the boy keep himself from just running away?

Who am I?

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Sun May 13, 2018 3:09 am

going to take my time with the cs, if you don't mind :P

Who am I?

Kal-of-Krypton

Post by Kal-of-Krypton » Mon May 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Yeah, you can take as long as you want creating your CS, I'm not in any rush.

I had a pretty busy weekend myself, so sorry for the lack of responses. Anyway, I do kind of like the idea of someone (probably the ring leader) being the cause of the performers being these creatures. I think it might be better if the performers don't really know about that, and maybe even don't remember being human. Just because I think there's be performers that would be pretty upset about being turned into one of these creatures.

Harry_p_r

Post by Harry_p_r » Tue May 15, 2018 11:02 am

My fav colour is black