G.A.T.E.S Academy [REQ][Still Open]

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Re: G.A.T.E.S Academy [REQ][Still Open]

Post by HoneyBuzz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:35 pm

Is there room for a character with the ability to bring forth/display negative emotions on others? Not manipulate them, but more drag them from the back of the mind or take her own negative emotions and push them onto someone else? Or is there already someone like that/too op?
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 pm

That is perfectly fine, but is someone absolutely can’t be positive in that moment, it might not work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t hold your breath for me
But watching you turn blue would be comforting

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 pm

Oh yeah they can fight through it and be positive by pushing the negative emotion away again, but it works best if said person's negativity is stronger than the positivity

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:13 am

I misread and thought it was to make people positive (which is way more wholesome tbh) but the idea works just the other way so it’s still fine

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:58 am

Name:
Dakota Hartly

Appearance:
Dakota is a bit on the smaller side, only standing at about 5'4" with a smaller but thicker frame. Her hair is cut off just above the shoulder, and is a dark shade of red, almost black in certain lights. She has a bit of a 'cherub' face, with round doe eyes that are a deep shade of brown. Dakota's skin is very pale and cold to the touch, and she often has red marks on her hands where the slightest pressure was put on her porcelain skin. She often wears simplistic clothing in dark colors, or opts to just wear a slightly over-sized sweatshirt and some simple pants.

Personality:
Despite her power being more on the negative side, Dakota presents as a fairly upbeat gal. She's very positive, as it's almost imperative that she is to ensure she doesn't accidentally use her power. She's known to try her best to make sure others are positive, no matter what; Even if that means taking on their emotional burdens. Dakota seems to care very little for herself, and often ends up being exhausted and starving/dehydrated from her constant running about for others. At first glance, these actions can be seen as almost 'push-over' material, but in fact it's quite the opposite. Dakota knows how to say no, and she isn't opposed to it, but more often then not she can't stand to see others emotionally unwell.

Dakota can get frighteningly depressive, to the point where she refuses to even get out of bed. This leads to bouts of agitation as well, where she lashes out at anyone who pisses her off during these episodes; Which is just about everyone. She hides her emotions very well, despite her powers centering around them, but occasionally they peek through and present multiple problems that Dakota can't handle by herself. She's very unwilling to accept help from others, which often winds up in her losing herself further into the emotional episodes until someone forces their way in to help her. She's stubborn, and rarely allows others to get very close to her on a personal level, though she often finds herself making more friends than she wants.

Despite her mood disorder and the occasional violent downswings, Dakota is a fairly sweet girl. She loves to talk to others, and is considered easy to interact with. She does not like sharing much though, and changes subjects if people question her power and how it's used. Dakota enjoys having friends, though she dislikes having anybody get too close to her, as she fears she could harm them emotionally. She also dislikes physical contact, though she isn't afraid to give a friend a hug/be hugged by someone she likes. Overall she's an absolute sweetheart, but the mental blockades she's put up often don't let many people see that friendly and genuinely happy side of her.

Song:
Soda- Nothing but Thieves

Power:
Stemming from the lyrics, "Because I try to be happy - But then I forget - They tell me I need to chill, man - It's all in your head", Dakota has the ability to draw forth the negative emotions a person has. Whether it be anger, sadness, humiliation or even paranoia; Dakota Can make it spotlight in your brain, causing it to take over and be the prominent emotion in a person. This can be overridden if the person is positive enough to fight it back, and it works best if someone is hiding their negativity. If Dakota's own negative emotions are strong enough, she can project them onto others by touching them, causing the emotion to be shared, or even vice versa where she takes the person's negative emotions for her own. The use of her power has resulted in her always being cold to the touch, and the constant exchange of negative emotions can take a serious mental toll on her after prolonged use.

Relatives:
-

Other:
-Dakota has glasses, but only uses them during long periods of reading.

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:18 am

I like her

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 am

I sure hope you do

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:19 am

Name: Cole Dietz

Personality: Cole is probably the most laid back kid you could imagine, which makes it weird why he's considered one of the "Kings" of the school. He easily makes friends with everyone he meets and is generally a nice guy. His following was formed simply by him talking to people, his warm personality is something that people flocked to. It's hard to say what he's like angry as no one has ever seen him not smiling or giggling at something. He's a modest guy that just happens to have a great power.

Song: Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

Power: Speed Bursts - Cole's song almost perfectly describes him, from the lines of "having a good time" and "if you wanna have a good time, just give me a call." But the line that really shows his power is "I want to make a super sonic man out of you" which illustrates his short bursts of blinding speed perfectly. When he uses his powers time essentially slows to a crawl, allowing him to move out of the way of any incoming attacks easily. He can't move far during these bursts as it is not complete super speed but it still has allowed for him to never be hit by anyone or anything in his years of being at the academy and even before that when he first gained his powers.

Bonus: While his power is useful and has given him a reputation over his years of being in the academy it also gives him constant, almost debilitating, anxiety. His senses are heightened in ways that the human brain and body aren't used to. As a result Cole is high all the time. Carrying around different oils, pens, and smoking in his room whenever he can. He has made agreements with the school thanks to his special circumstances that allow for this. But this is where his bubbly, funny personality comes from.

Last edited by FakeSkrillex on Fri May 11, 2018 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:40 am

Accepted dude

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:45 pm

“He is high all the time” MOOD