Spotlight

Tr0llz0r

Re: Spotlight

Post by Tr0llz0r » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Jonathan ran to his truck and opened a locked box that was in the bed. He took out a shotgun and a M1911 and closed the box, stashing the shotgun in the cab and the pistol on his person. "Alright, who's getting in the truck, and who's following who?" He asked, after running to the BMW. Over the horizon, John could see the faint glow of the cruisers as the sirens got louder.

"Guys, the cops are getting closer, so we better hurry." He added with concern before fishing out a cigarette and lighting it. As he waited for any replies, he took a few drags from the cig, watching the horizon.
WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS MOTHERF**KER!!

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Approaching the car with the others, she took a quick glance towards the horizon and saw the approaching cars. They were so much closer than she was expecting. Cursing under her breath Faith slid into the passenger seat of the vehicle. Well at least they were ready to make a quick getaway. As she left she car door open Faith happened to hear and see Jonathan questioning what to do.
"You all should just get into the car. There's no time to come up with any other plans." Faith still seemed somewhat calm, although the intensity of the situation was getting to her.
Last edited by Water on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Aqua's Princess

TriggerHappy
Bronze

Post by TriggerHappy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Kalyn exited the store, following after the others as they all made their way to the the man's car. This was so strange, hopping into a strangers car in the middle of nowhere, not to mention that the police were on the way to get them.

'I don't even get why I'm scared of the police, I didn't do anything wrong. Surely they wouldn't arrest me because some cashier said I had magic powers,' she thought, yet she climbed in all the same. the mysterious man's threat worried her more than anything, and though she wouldn't admit it just yet, it was nice to know there were others like her.
404 signature not found

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Will was sitting in the car, his hands tapping the steering wheel, he looked like a kid in a candy shop. This is what he was best at doing. He looked over at the others making their way to the car, that's when he noticed the other one standing off to the side instead of getting in the car. Will reached across the center console and opened the passengers seat glove compartment, pulling out an old flip phone. "Hey! If you're gonna go to your place take this," he said tossing the phone to the man "I'm the only one that knows the number, I'll call you once we're clear of the cops." Will began lowering himself back into the car before saying one more thing "oh, and I'd suggest you ditch the guns, cops find those on you and you'll be up shits creek." Will laughed slightly as he got into the car and closed the door.

He gripped the wheel tightly and let out a long breath, closing his eyes and centering himself. He thought of all his previous escapes, all the rally driving he's watched over the years to help his reflexes. 'Alright Will, time to show off your power" he thought to himself before turning to the rest of the group "You may want to buckle your seat belts" he said as he buckled his.

And then what seemed like seconds later Will slammed the car into reverse before hitting the brakes and spinning it around in a 180 turn. As soon as he was facing the road he shifted into drive and tore out of the parking lot. He looked around quickly to assess his situation, the cops had almost reached the convenience store and there were only a few other cars on the road. Will turned the opposite direction of the police and punched the gas as hard as he could, flying down the road, swerving between the lanes to avoid any cars that got in his way.

He had a smile glued to his face, and as he drove he let out a whooping cheer, like something you'd hear at a sports game. It had to be clear to everyone in the car that Will lived for this.
Last edited by FakeSkrillex on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abnormal

Post by Abnormal » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Amara found herself grinning like a crazy chic as they shot off in the car. The man at the wheel was wooping like a psycho and she couldn't stop the laugh from bubbling up. This was by far the craziest thing she had ever done, but she was loving it. Still, she worried about the safety of this whole thing, but she put her doughts to the side as they drove down the street.
"Where are we even going?" She shouted to be heard.
Aww heck.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:33 pm

Although Faith did wish that the other man had joined them in the car, there simply wasn't any time to try and make an argument for it. Besides, she thought that the man who was sat beside her did an adequate job of handling the situation himself.

The man was right when he said he was a good driver. He excelled at it. This lead Faith to contemplate what his ability could be since she didn't see him release anything unnatural like the others. Perhaps it was driving? However Faith decided that she shouldn't assume, as she too hadn't been able to use her abilities and her's were far from unnoticeable.
Finding her hand firmly grasping onto the seat of the car, Faith assumed it to just be instinct and quickly removed it. Admittedly she'd never been in a vehicle driving this fast before but believed herself to be adaptable, so she was sure she could handle it. The intense force pushed upon her from the speed of the car gave her thrills. Now she understood why the man was so eager to set off.

Despite the initial thrill, Faith's mind was set back on task once again; this was partly due to the shouted question from the girl behind her, who seemed to be making a fair amount of noise for someone who had been so quiet and passive only minutes before.
"We just need to drive until we've lost the police. Then we call back that other guy, meet up with him and then see what we can make of our surroundings." Faith only now realised that she did know the names of the people in the car with her. Was now a good time to ask?
I am Aqua's Princess

Tr0llz0r

Post by Tr0llz0r » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:16 pm

John watched the car speed away, passing by the cruisers and initiating a car chase. I hope he knows what he's doing. He thought as he flicked away the cigarette butt and watched the police chase after the BMW.

He pocketed the flip-phone and replaced the firearms in the trunk, re-locking it, before starting the truck and driving off. Once he was a good while away from the store, he was passed by a few patrol cars, which were heading towards the convenience store. Once the police passed him, he fished his phone out of his pocket and put it on speaker once he heard the dial tone.

"Hello?"
"Francis, I'm on my way home. I need you to pack up as much as you can."
"What's going on? Are you in trouble?"
"... Yes and no. Look, I'll explain later alright? Just pack as much as you can. I'm sending you to Mom and Dad."

After Francis (Preferred over Francesca) hung up, John continued to drive. I wonder how the speedster (Will) is faring right now... He thought to himself as he started driving through the back roads.
WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS MOTHERF**KER!!

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:18 pm

//Too late to join in? Sorry sorry, works been crazy....//

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:52 am

Will sped forward, the passengers of the car were talking but he wasn't really paying attention to them. As the car sped along the road Will crossed into the oncoming lane to pass by a slow moving SUV, but was confronted with a semi truck coming straight towards him. He swerved to the left, skidding along the gravel that lined the outside edge of the road before regaining control.

All the while Will was cackling madly, drumming on the steering wheel after the very near crash.

It was about that time that he spotted a dirt road leading off to his left, he slammed the car into a hard drift, kicking up a cloud of dirt behind him as he sped down this new track. The road was bumpy and loose but he held decent control over the car. The cops however were left behind, not wanting to risk speeding through a dirt back road, no one but Will was really crazy enough to do something like that.

He continued clipping along at this pace until he reached another paved road about three miles later, he made a smooth transition onto the almost completely empty road and slowed to a somewhat normal speed, a smile beaming across his face.

"You see that driving!? Damn I'm good!" Will was ecstatic in the drivers seat, he probably couldn't say the same about his passengers though.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:41 am

Once looking towards Will, Faith couldn't help but smile. What could she say? She enjoyed seeing other people happy and Will definitely seemed to be having a good time.
"Oi, don't get cocky now." Faith joked, a lighthearted smile still spread over her face.
Despite enjoying the initial rush the speed of the car caused her, Faith was glad that they'd finally slowed to a regular pace. It wasn't that she wasn't comfortable with high speeds, or that she didn't trust Will to try and keep them safe. It was just that she didn't feel like she was in control or could affect the situation in any way. There wouldn't be anything she could do if the car was to crash.
Faith usually recognised her desire to try and help in every situation she could; she was always willing to protect those in need. This was most likely caused by years of being restricted by The Congregation of the Oracle.
"In all seriousness, that was great. Well done."
I am Aqua's Princess