The New World

Reznik

Re: The New World

Post by Reznik » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:28 pm

David watched her and listened. Then gently taking her by the arm they ducked out of view of everyone else to speak more in private. He was always told soldiers had almost a sixth sense about reading one another, and David felt no differently with this stranger.

Once out of view, David reached down under his BDU top and pulled out his dog tags and showed them to the girl, “Sergeant David Andrews US Marine Corps, well former anyway...” he looked around as he spoke, making sure no one was ease dropping or snooping in on their conversation.

“Yes I know something isn’t right about this place. I need intel and as much as I can get. If you can help us out, I’ll see about getting you the hell out as well.”

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Another gravelly growl escaped from Sunset eyes as the soldier touched her and led her away. She didn't really like it when someone touched her, especially without her permission. That growl caused pain but she didn't let up until the man had let and reached into his top to pull out his own set of dogtags. So he could be trusted. Those bright sunset eyes stared at the metallic slabs that told of who the soldier was. If the bombs had been held off for one more week then she wouldn't been a soldier as well...just like Aaron..

The memories that were trying to come back were quickly blocked out as there was something more pressing at hand. The figure held up her own, revealing a pale hand covered in a black fingerless glove. These tags weren't her own but they were all she had of family." Brother...green...beret sniper...Captain....Aaron Vernal....me Sin..clair...call Sin." Sinclair spoke weakly finally stating her own name, deeming it safe with this soldier. Once she released the tags and they jingles softly as the same hand went to her throat. Talking was painful for her but it was something she had to deal with.

" Eden...crazies...feel very....bad around...certain spots....gut says...stay away...from those buildings....hard speak...throat...bad.." Sin tried speaking again as it would be noticeably more difficult for her to keep speaking. The woman dared pull back her cloak to reveal raven locks twisted together. Sunset eyes sparkling in pain, pale skin from her face from the sun, along with a few freckles that dotted her cheeks. Her face twisted a bit in pain as she tried massaging her throat. That sometimes helped when it got this bad.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:00 am

Harold was a bit surprised with the outburst from Will he felt honestly bad that they felt unsafe here, but with the prying eyes of others around he put on a smile and decided to do damage control and began to walk around and talk to the others in the dinning hall, easing their worried looks. After several minutes he heard someone asking for him, but he was a bit busy talking with others to speak to the man that was asking for him. It was a good long time before he was able to relax a bit and turned to find only Haven, Ami, Joe, Joey, and Lana, Monroe he could see was fixing himself a second plate. Raising an eyebrow he spoke to the group with honesty, "I see the looks and I know them well...none of you trust this place and in all honesty if I were like you all I wouldn't either" he began thinking about what all he would say thoroughly before speaking again.

"I completely understand why you have no trust in this place, it's because we live as if the world outside is still normal. That is why this place works best, because in this place is the chance to continue as if everything never happened...a second chance." he nods then sighs softly, "if you wish to go I won't stop any of you I give you my word as a man of God, but I personally wouldn't go due to it not being safe. It's not perfect hear by any means, but it is safe" he ends looking at each of the faces with Ami being the only one to step up.

Ami having really lost herself in thought was only brought out of it when David walked away, she attempted to go after him but stopped as Harold walked over to the remaining few and spoke. The words did ease her worries a little and when he finished she thought about it for a moment then stepped up, "I'm not leaving" she turned and looked back to the group. "Go if you guys want, but I'm staying where it's safe" she nods and shakes Harold's hand thanking him before she turns leaving in the way David headed in attempts to find him.

"Hey...David" she called out looking around. Turning a corner she stopped finding David talking to some hooded figure, she remembered that back in LA someone mentioned something about hooded figures and she drew her gun. "Hey asshole, back the fuck away from him before I blow your fucking brains out" she said sternly keeping a distance between herself and the hooded figure.

Meanwhile, across the main part of Eden sat a young girl bored out of her mind as she laid out on a cot in the makeshift doctors office, this was her job being an assistant to the "doctors" of Eden. Truth be told they mostly were a bunch of reborn pill heads that her dad put in charge of this sorry excuse of an office, and honestly this whole Eden place that her dad set up was stupid either way, she thought. She'd rather be out on the road fighting the nukers like she was Mad Max, this reminded her that she needed to take that movie back to the guard that let her borrow it for a baggie of Oxy. She let out a small sigh as she tossed a tennis ball up in the air and caught it as it came down a few times, things were so boring, that was until she heard the window in the back room opening.

She silently stood up and made her way to the back listening at the door as she heard someone walking around, She rolled her eyes as she figured it was one of the guards sneaking in again to get something. She opened the door fully and spoke clearly, "look you guards need to stop this and dad Doc Gregory already..." she stops seeing the face of a man she's never seen in Eden before. She really didn't know what to do as she began to back away and stutter out a reply, "h-h-h-hell-hell-hello t-t-th-there" she gives a man a small grin and turns running to the front door in order to tell the guards and her dad, Harold, about this man. She was terrified and the fact that she struggled with the lock showed.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 am

Haven listened to Harold's words before Ami spoke up. Haven looked between Joey and Joe before watching Ami leave, a small sigh escaped her lips as she stood up,"I'm heading outside, I can't do this.."she mumbled as she stood up and excused herself once and for all. As she hurried outside Haven didn't look back, she didn't go looking for anywhere to hid either. No instead she decided to check the place out herself, as she walked the way she had came, she took her time this time.

Haven watched children play as the mothers spoke among themselves. Turning her head she watched some people tend to a garden, it was almost like Harold was right. Forgetting was working. But she, she couldn't forget the things she had seen or conquered these past few months.

----

Joey sighed as Ami and Haven left,"Well this is... fun,"she mumbled sarcastically. Lana nudged her slightly before she pushed the plate away from them both,"I'm full.. When can we leave?"she asked the older ones.

Joey russled her hair and smiled a little,"I'm sure they will give us the word. Hopefully everyone is back before then."

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:20 am

A girl had emerged from the door closing the window Will was looking in. He could tell she was obviously shocked by his presence, and seemed to run in alarm. "Wait.. No no... don't be afraid." Will called as he followed the girl "my group and I, we just arrived here. I was just having a look around, wanted to check the place out a bit. Quite a big medical center you have here." Will spoke gently as he looked back at the medical building. "Look indont want any trouble." Will back away and looked at the girl. "It's just, a few of the people in our group could use some of the meds you have.. two in mind have pretty bad backs.. I'm sure a few oxys or some kind of high grade muscle relaxer would treat him. And there's this girl.. young girl. Seems to be an anxious little thing. Her nerves seem to get the best of her. Some kind of downer should do the trick to calm her down." Will looked down at his hands as he listed. The drugs he mentioned were for the group.. Some way he could help them. His knowledge of pharmaceuticals gave him a small idea of what they would need.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:34 am

The sound of someone approaching them filled Sin's ears causing to lift her hood back up to hide her face. A young woman whom seemed to know the soldier called him out by name but stopped when their eyes met. It would seem they acted in the same exact way as it only took a second for her to pull an old hunting rifle with scope from underneath her cloak. A low and painful growl came from Sunset eyes as she didn't appreciate having a gun suddenly turned on her, never mind what the woman said. She held a perfect shot on the woman, the scope aimed right between her eyes. If she even twitched there was no doubt that there'd be a bullet through her skull.

Thing with snipers were that they were usually paranoid fucks. Sin wasn't any different since she was raised by one of the best." Drop....gun...or....die..." Sin managed to command the woman to put down her weapon through her gravelly voice. Then again talking might be a bad idea with how creepy it would sound to someone else. Sunset eyes stared defiantly through the scope stating she wasn't the one that would be backing down. From beneath her hood she grimaced as the pain in her throat was a bit worse.

Wanderlusst
Bronze

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:08 am

Haven felt out of place here. As the children's laughter filled the air, Haven closed her eyes before shaking her head. She didn't understand how, not one bit, Why any of them wanted to stay or give this place a try with the world that layed around them.

As she glanced towards the gates she thought about walking out but she knew she couldn't leave her group either. Sighing she turned and looked back at the hotel, let's get this show on the road Haven, figure out what that girl meant by this place was dangerous and maybe then they would want to leave. As she headed back into the hotel she kept her eyes down, afraid she would give away her own thoughts on her face.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

CrashJr

Post by CrashJr » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:14 am

Melina stopped as the man spoke and slowly turned back to him, the mention of new arrivals being hurt made her feel a bit guilty but in the same sense this random man was snooping around looking for pills and in all honesty she had to take what he said with a grain of salt. "Okay" she nods slowly and reaches over taking a pair of scissors of the front desk pointing them at the man and she slowly moves around him, she wasn't about to turn her back to this guy. "Oxy is hard to come by, Doc only gives it out to those that need it most so you can tell your friends that they need to make an appointment once they are assigned jobs. As for your young girl friend..." she trails off as she bumps into the medicine cabinet, hesitantly she turns her back to the guy and looks over everything before pulling out a bottle of pills and a baggie from her pocket. Putting about 10 pills into the baggie she closes the doors and turns back to the man.

"Here I don't know what this stuff is but there's a man here that has bad anxiety and Doc give him these" she shows the baggie of green capsule pills, but pulls them back when he goes to grab them. "Trade?" she says putting out her free hand to the man, "I may be young but I'm not stupid, you gotta trade something for these...and for these I take nothing less then..." she trails off thinking. "Information" she nods with a cocky smirk, the same cocky smirk that Ami has.

Ami just chuckled at the cloaked figure pulling out a sniper rifle, "okay this just got..." she goes to speak but stops as the figure speaks. A chill runs down her spine and she shakes a little at the voice, it sounded like the voice of a beast something un-human, she thought. She shakily holds out the gun not moving an inch, "You...fuck you" she mutters out and thinks about pulling the trigger, but her hand merely shakes. After a minute of doing nothing but starring she finally takes a shaky breath and holsters her gun, "okay...okay just stop talking like that...it freaks me out" she says stepping over to stand next to David slipping her hand into his and giving him a confused look.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:31 am

For a moment there Sin thought things were going to get messy and someone ending up with bullets in them. Thankfully that wasn't the way things went down and it seemed her voice was what defused the situation. Still the way the woman reacted to hearing her say four simple words reaffirmed that it might be best to stay quiet around most people. This woman atleast had guts. Most would likely run after hearing her messed up voice, she couldn't really put it past then either.

With the situation defused and with this woman getting close to the soldier. Close enough to hold his hand Sin got an idea of cause and effect. Lowering the rifle and slinging it back over her shoulder the young woman figured the soldier's 'friend' could be trusted. Lowering her hood Sin revealed that the voice didn't match the face and then held up her dogtags. Hopefully this was enough faith shown to show she was a friend and not something to be scared of." Bad....throat...hope no...scare.." Sin spoke through a grimace as she held and rubbed her throat with one hand.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:51 am

Wills eyes widened when the girl showed him the baggie of pills. Wow, they had the real deal. Will had seen those before, taking them himself for fun time, a handful at a time. Will swallowed hard as he reached his hand out, watching the girl pull it away. The trance will seemd to be in broke when the girl spoke. "A trade? Hmmm.. what kind of information?" Will asked a little shaking as he eyed the bag. Maybe he could talk her into giving him more.

This was an odd situation, a small young girl bribing the junkie with pills to get some kind of information. Of course this girl would be oblivious to his condition, but none the less it was a risky situation for Will. Although, his intentions were pure, wanting to help in some way. And although he wasn't a doctor, he knew a lot about medicine. Which would come in handy.