[RP] The Srelt Archipelago

TehMagicPudding

Re: [RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by TehMagicPudding » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Master Flatso Needlestring trod along the trail, sword in a leather sheath. He kept the weapon with one hand on the pommel and the blade resting on his shoulder. The halfling hummed an old halfling folk tune, a jaunty and cheerful song.
In the distance, he could see the group he had passed earlier. Flatso recognized all but one. He sped up his pace a bit, reaching the back of the group.
"So, what news have you? Do you know the cause of those creatures?" Master Flatso Needlestring planted his sword into the ground, tip down. The stance he was taking gave the group a good look at the weapon. It was long, a few inches taller than its wielder, made from simple steel with a plain ball pommel and a cylindrical cross guard.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:41 am

Kara had once again stayed quiet whilst she listened to the Dragon. His abrasiveness was something to behold, and Kara couldn't help but feel slightly belittled from the wink he'd made at her. Everything Tarroc had said seemed to point to him being a researcher too, so Kara decided that he didn't mean too much by it. She couldn't say that she approved of his methods, however. In Kara's mind, Tarroc was far too abrasive with how he went about investigating, far from the fly on the wall observation that she'd adopted. Instead of observing the natural flow of events, he'd instead made himself the major factor affecting them.

The mention of a deity being present of the island also caused Kara to let out an audible gasp of surprise. The study of an unknown deity would more than likely lead to her gaining Servitor status, which was something that she couldn't ignore.

Observation #3: A Deity is on the island!

It appears that a deity is present on Srelt! RESEARCH OF THIS MUST BE A PRIORITY! Presumably it must be a lesser deity, due to having a form in the prime plane, but it is still a new and interesting find! Arthur and Pandora seem to be familiar with it, along with several other residents. Perhaps I'll need to ask about them in town. If I were to have an audience with the deity, it would also need to be a solo one, as Wahrang seems to be shy.

An odd but understandable trait, considering the lack of development on the island.

Kara would then clear her throat, deciding to make her presence known to the group. She'd also been considering the plants and how they'd been moving when she saw the Twins fight them. Whilst there was certainly a magical quality about them, she wasn't exactly sure about the rouge mage idea that the rest of the group had seemed to adopt. If they were, then it would make sense for the mage to be directing them from the ground. Secondly, the presence of a rouge mage would more than likely be noticed by WahRang. However, the magic binding them seemed to also possess a mortal hint. Whatever it was controlling them, it was most definitely artificial. Kara did have an idea of what the cause could be, but she wasn't entirely certain.

"That's fine, Arthur. Please keep Wahrang safe. As for the rest of you, the rest of the leftover plants moved towards the coast. Perhaps we can find our answer there." Kara calmly said, before turning to walk.

She then stopped in a slightly awkward fashion.

"Oh, my name's Kara, by the way..." She added nervously, sliding her hands into her pockets.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:21 am

Elessar frowned as he followed Kara, and he muttered under his breath, "That's certainly a dragon. I can't stand dragons....." Elessar didn't have one on one experience with dragons, but his family certainly had a history with the scaled beasts. House Roseburn had a long history with dragons, and it wasn’t a very good one. The first head of House Roseburn, the younger brother of the first elf king, challenged a dragon to a duel in an attempt to prove he was superior to his older brother, but it hadn’t gone well at all for him.

The dragon easily defeated the prideful elf, and refused to kill him, instead forcing the elf to spend the rest of his life with severe burns all over his face, permanently scarring his formerly beautiful and graceful face.

The grandson of the that elf challenged a dragon as well in an attempt to earn the affection of the daughter of another powerful elf noble, but that elf too was defeated, and his older brother was killed by the dragon, as a method to ensure the pride of the elf that challenged the dragon would never grow too large.

Elessar’s great great great great grandfather’s brother had his wife stolen by a dragon, and Elessar's ancestor set out to take his wife back from the dragon. As one might imagine from the other results, the result wasn’t quite favourable for the elf. The dragon burned the elf to death, then kept the elf’s wife as one of his trophies.

Elessar’s great great grandfather was a powerful fire mage, and he boasted that his magic was so powerful that even the fire of dragons paled in comparison. A dragon heard rumours of these boasts, and he decided he would teach the boastful elf a lesson, and he did so by burning the elf’s dwelling to ash, easily ignoring the fire magic of the elf as he did so. After the dragon departed, the elf took his own life in shame, leaving his eldest son as the head of the Roseburn family, and from that point on, the Roseburn patriarchs were always careful to keep their pride in check, and never risk stirring the rage of a dragon.

Elessar was going to avoid messing with Tarroc, and although he wasn’t technically a member of the Roseburn family anymore, the lessons he was taught of his family’s past still chafed his own pride in his family’s heritage and his own power as a mage. He knew what could happen if he overstepped himself when it came to the dragon however, so he would settle with just giving Tarroc sour looks, and being annoyed by the presence of the scaled beast.

Elessar slipped his hands in his pockets, and he glanced at Kara, speaking softly as he raised an eyebrow, "I imagine you're here to try to become a..... a servitor, right? I think that's the term." He didn't know much about the kiira beyond what he had been taught by the royal tutors and his family, but that was probably more than most people knew. He also knew they were seekers of knowledge, which likely would lead to her chafing with Tarroc. Dragons were known for being brash, and in the moment. They weren't always malicious, but they were very often prideful, and hated watching through the proverbial window. They weren't the observing type, they were the type who instead threw themselves into the pool and experienced things for themselves.

Part of it was due to their pride refusing to let them watch from a distance, but part of it was just the fact that dragons craved things. Some craved gold, some craved women, some craved power, some craved destruction, some craved knowledge, but was universal was the fact that they craved enjoyment and pleasure. They lived very very long lives, and the more they saw, the more jaded they got, and the more they wished to fill the gaping hole in their souls. It was sad, Elessar thought to himself idly as he puffed on his pipe. The more they gained, the more they lost of themselves, and the more they craved as a result. They were often trapped in an endless, cruel loop, one that ended with madness or death all too often.

Elessar shook his head slightly, shaking the thoughts out of his head and he smiled at Kara again. "I introduced myself earlier, but with everything that's been going on you may have forgotten my name, so I'll introduce myself again. My name is Elessar. It's a pleasure to meet you. If there's anything you need, or want to know, feel free to ask me." He offered her a spare pipe, and he smiled faintly, "The last time I met a Kiira they greatly enjoyed the sensation of the pipe. I hope I don't offend with a generalization, but would you like to try as well? I promise, it's not unpleasant at all, but I won't be offended either way."

He seemed slightly off-balance with the conversation. He couldn't recall the last type he spoke this much in a day since.... her death, and that was years ago. Had it really been years? He blushed, realizing he was rambling and his thoughts were wandering. "I'm sorry.... I haven't talked this much in a very long time." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his head, slightly embarrassed.
Last edited by God Of The North on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Khol

Post by Khol » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:03 am

The small ship bucked across the waters, it's sails rippling in the wind as it pushed forward "Ngh.... I hope we're almost there..." Wendy let out a small hiccup and covered her mouth again, trying to hold down her meal "I'm not meant for the water..." As she finished complaining, the crew member in the crows nest blew his whistle and pointed forward, yelling out "Land Ho!" Soon the deck was rustling with activity as everyone was prepping to make landfall "Ask, er, complain and ye shall receive I guess." Quickly forgetting about her seasickness, Wendy went to gather her things and ready herself for the next part of her journey.

Soon the vessel made its way to port and dropped anchor, the sailors tossing over the ramp for people the few passengers to depart. Wendy, though wobbly, rushed off and into the town "Now, just need to get things settled and I'll be good to go!" She felt so excited, a wide grin spread across her face as she made her way towards the buildings, but suddenly stopped dead. It just occurred to Wendy, in her excitement, her parents hadn't told her how she was to set up a shop with little to no money to speak of. She screamed internally and gripped her head in frustration, ruffling her hair before stopping abruptly once again "Wait! This must be part of the training... I need to figure out how to survive on my own in order to succeed in becoming a master blacksmith!" With new determination and ferocity burning in her eyes, Wendy marched onward with head held up high.
"Behold, Excalibur!" - Saber, Arturia Pendragon King of Knights

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Arthur suddenly began paying attention to something that had bugged him since the plants left. Why did he feel like he was bathing in oil? Examining his wounds he noticed why. The biggest backside of being an elementis. He was bleeding rather rapidly from the cuts he acquired. Quicker than normal people anyway. "Pandora," he said, "Could you heal my wounds before you leave," he said and showed her one of the more noticeable cuts, while the cut was neither deep nor broad, drops of blood constantly formed and slid from the opening in his skin, soaking his clothes. Pandora stretchered out her hand and said a few words, and almost immediately Arthur could feel how the wounds closed around his body.

It didn't take long before Pandora was done, however Arthur still felt a few wounds, closed but still there. "For recklessly fighting against sharp objects," Pandora teased. "I'll need a change of clothes later," Arthur said with an indifferent voice to his sister's teasing.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Tarroc let out a little blast of fire as he noticed one of the plants stirring. He ignited the plant and he sat there, watching as it burned. "Probably just the wind..... but it can't hurt to be careful." It was odd to see the small boy, who looked so innocent with his golden hair and his big red eyes breathing fire like he was, but if one knew what he was then it wasn't too surprising. Tarroc walked over to one of the trees, and he touched the trunk of the tree, trying to feel if there was magic in the tree trunk. "Has anything like this happened here before?" He asked Arthur without looking in Arthur's direction.

His first guess had been a mage was controlling the plants, but he wasn't too sure anymore. It could still be a human mage, but something nagged at Tarroc in the back of his mind, suggesting he shouldn't be too quick to go with his first guess. Tarroc glanced into the woods once more, partly looking for more plants coming their way, but also to check on the little deity, and see where she was, and if she had moved or remained in her position, watching them from a distance.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:07 am

Master Flatso Needlestring couldn't tell if nobody heard him or if he was being ignored. He walked around to the front of the group, sword resting on his shoulder. "Pray tell! What news have you, my friends? I would like to know if you have any idea as to those creatures that tried to harm my precious Sir Snuggles." The halfling looked to each member of the party. He waited for someone to answer his request.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:11 pm

"Not much," Arthur said, "This fellow," he said and pointed towards Tarroc, "came after Pandora and I defeated the plants that chased you. The fellow's name is Tarroc and he is apparently a dragon." "Not apparently," Ignis scolded Arthur but Arthur ignored the scolding.

WahRang was bored, she knew that Arthur would probably run after he if she tried to run away right now, but she was simply bored of just sitting and waiting. She could see the group, but only partially due to the leaves hanging in the way. She shifted her sitting, and swung herself backwards, holding the branch with her hands and having her legs forming a L shape hooking herself to the branch with her head downwards, like a bat. Her head was hardly visible in the thick of leaves and shapes, safe for her amber eyes reflecting the light that hit them, lighting them up like small beacons.

Arthur lightly tapped Tarroc's arm with his own, "Don't mention her or she will hide again," he whispered and sat down, pretending that he hadn't seen her spy on them. Pandora whispered the same to both Elessar and Kara although in a slightly higher volume making sure they could hear her, but not WahRang.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:31 am

Tarroc shifted his gaze to Arthur and he raised an eyebrow slightly as Arthur said he "apparently" was a dragon. The small boy crossed his arms over his chest and gave an annoyed frown, which was actually rather cute, considering the fact that he was quite young-looking now. "I'm not APPARENTLY a dragon. I AM a dragon. I could transform into my true form and eat you all if that would help convince you that I'm actually a dragon." His eyes were like two little rubies shining in his eye sockets, and a pout on his face.

Heat rippled off of his body, his pupils slitting slightly and he grinned up at Arthur as Arthur sat next to him, his canines sharper than a normal human boy's would be. "So how did you meet our cute little friend back there?" He spoke in a soft voice, not moving to gesture in the direction of WahRang, but it was clear who Tarroc was referring to when he said 'Cute Little Friend.' There was no one else in their group that would fit that description.

He had to suppress his hunter instinct when he thought of WahRang. He was quite nice by dragon standards, and he had no real interest in harming anyone on the island, so long as they didn't go after him, or anger him in some manner, but he still had his instincts as an alpha predator. WahRang, from what he had been able to see of her, seemed small, cute, and relatively helpless, and that stirred the hunter instinct in him. He wasn't so sure that WahRang was helpless though. She seemed cowardly and shy, but who knew. She could have a fierce bite. He WASN'T interested in doing anything that would lead to him getting in a fight with her, he sternly reminded himself.

(Currently Tarroc looks rather similar to Child-Gil)

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:03 am

Kara listened to Flatso, understanding his concern about the plants. Whilst his focus on his dog was slightly jarring to the half elf, she tried as best as she could to summarise her ideas about their current situation. It also gave Kara a reminder about her role within the colony. She'd assumed her role as magical advisor the second she'd stepped off of the boat, even if the others were currently unaware of her position.

"Well Master Flatso, to put it simply, they're animated plants. Although I'm not sure of exactly what caused them to end up in that state, it must be something both mortal and magical in nature." She explained.

Kara then glanced over at Pandora, acknowledging what she'd said with a nod. Kara's interest in WahRang had piqued as a result, but she'd also realised that any further inquiry would be pointless. The last thing she wanted to do was make the deity uncomfortable, nor did she want to offend any of the people she'd be living near. Forcefully obtaining answers would also make her no better than the dragon.

"So, how did you two end up on Srelt?" She asked.

"You and your brother, I mean... if it's no trouble." Kara quickly added, her eyes falling as she realised she'd forgotten her manners.

A daunting thought also lingered in the back of Kara's mind, which made her feel uneasy. Elessar knew about the Servitors. For him to have met one on the surface meant that he'd either had contact with a Servitor, a Mouthpiece, or a potential rogue. The only way to determine which would be to investigate further. Considering that he'd mentioned them smoking, a Servitor would not be a likely candidate, as they'd taken oaths to avoid body altering substances, such as potions, alcohol and tobacco. Magic was the only pure form of healing and altering in the eyes of the Masked God. Mouthpieces certainly did dabble in surface habits, although they would generally be considered a deviant for doing so. In the event of a rogue, then Kara knew what'd she'd have to do. Isolate the rogue element as well as their contacts and request Servitor intervention from the Athenaeum. Although it was never explicitly stated, every member of the Kiira knew full well what would happen next. A subtle series of disappearances.

"A pleasure to meet you, Elessar. I'm afraid I don't smoke, but thank you for offering. If you don't mind me asking, where did you meet the other one of us? I've been away from home for a while and I can't say I've seen anyone." She replied.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.