[CS]Messengers

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Nyx

Re: [CS]Messengers

Post by Nyx » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:03 am

Name: Gwyn, the Hundred Man Slayer
Species: Human
Role: Once-leader of an infamous mercenary guild.
Appearance:
Weapons & gear:
In his saddlebags he carries mostly only the essential items he needs, preferring to be able to move on at a moment’s notice. Typically, you’ll find them filled with things like food and water, some dried medicinal herbs and bandages (though nothing to care for anything more than a small cut really) and some gold coins. Also tied atop his saddlebag is an old war horn, origins unknown.
Her name is Shadow Dancer.

Weight: 235lbs
Height: 6’5
Personality:
Personality: Gwyn has what could only be described as a complex personality, as is staple among humans to not be so easily defined. He was very much born into a life of violence, his parents murdered by a band of mercenaries that ripped through his small village in Alia. A woman in the guild saw the newborn Gwyn and took him in, whether out of guilt, or some paternal instinct, it was never known. The woman he would come to think of as his mother fell ill around the time Gwyn was five years old, eventually dying from the illness, despite the efforts of apothecaries and doctors alike, leaving him under the care of the leader of The Band, Kristoff. In time Gwyn would become the complete antithesis of Kristoff.

By the time Gwyn was four years old, Kristoff put a sword in Gwyn’s hands and effectively beat him every night until he could hold the sword correctly and defend himself. When Gwyn hit sixteen years old, he was a weapon, hyper lethal, and had already been in a number of battles, earning his food and coin, rather than “free-loading” as Kristoff put it. After one such battle, probably one of the worst of his young life, The Band suffered serious losses due to a flanking maneuver from the opposing side, Kristoff went and got enormously drunk and came after Gwyn screaming with a sword. In an act of self-defense, falling back, Gwyn lifted his sword as Kristoff fell upon him, stabbing Kristoff through the throat and killing him almost instantly. Gwyn would go on to leave the small mercenary band and strike out on his own, eventually forming his own company called the War Hawks.

Despite all that Gwyn went through as a child, he’s often a comic relief, seeming to find good humor and a positive in even the worst of situations. He cares deeply for the common man, respecting their right to live their lives outside of peoples’ desire to fight wars that Gwyn personally profits from. If you were a stranger, you might find Gwyn easily approachable, as he’s usually in good humor, or smiling and joking openly with the people around him. In contrast, Gwyn is a cold operator in a battle, able to dispatch his foes ruthlessly without even a moment of hesitation, earning him the respect of his peers. He has an analytical mind able to take in situations and see the bigger picture, while his great tactical sense gives him an edge when leading a small group. He’s very much a people’s person, allowing him to read others easily for the most part, through body language, facial expression, ect. A side effect being that he can very easily read his opponents on a battlefield, openings and strengths, allowing him to weigh them accordingly and react with quickness or finesse whenever needed. Gwyn is also very much a womanizer, and it often gets him trouble.

Roleplay example:
He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man.

War has always been hell for a lot of people, but for some small minority, war is the only place they truly feel alive. The sound of men and horses dying, battle-lust pumping adrenaline through your veins as you narrowly avoid a killing blow and severing your opponent’s head from their shoulders with swipe of your sword. While all around you, scenarios of a similar fashion play out. It’s easy to lose yourself here. But it’s easy to make a name for yourself too.

In the early days, Gwyn was more of a wandering swordsman, making his living by going from battle to battle, taking coin for the killing of major targets on the opposite side of the battlefield. His days as a mercenary earned him a body covered in scars, and a reputation as a man that could get seemingly impossible things done for the right amount of coin. Gwyn would go on to take part in many of the later skirmishes between the three provinces, often on different sides, getting the attention of both battlefield commanders as well as people well up the social latter in all three provinces as the leader of the mercenary guild War Hawks.

Leading up to the present day, Gwyn earned the title Hundred Man Slayer after staying behind while buying time for his squad to retreat to safety after previously wandering into a trap in the forest and being cut off by the main army. By the time his squad returned with reinforcements, the forest floor was so littered with corpses and limbs that it took over an hour to find his body slumped against a tree stump, more than half dead. After being carried back to camp on the fastest horse, he was mended and spent some time recovering, eventually seceding command to his second-in-command Luther, and by the time he was fit to ride again tales of the Hundred Man Slayer had grown by and large and Gwyn would eventually make his way to Gaul for some down time.
Last edited by Nyx on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll stare straight into the sun and I won't close my eyes, til I understand or go blind.

GreasyOypus

Post by GreasyOypus » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Name: Phillip Kordelle
Appearance:
field marshall.jpg
field marshall.jpg (56.62 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Extra: He holds the high rank of Field Marshal among Gaul's armies, answering directly to the king and carrying out his orders to the other generals below him.
No mistakes, just happy accidents.

I was ungraceful

Post by I was ungraceful » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Hey! You should restart this

GreasyOypus

Post by GreasyOypus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:08 am

I was ungraceful wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:10 pm
Hey! You should restart this
Mm...maybe ;3;