Oh, why, hello there!

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

WhimsicalDreams
Location: Drifting around this strange planet called "Earth", how interesting...

Oh, why, hello there!

Post by WhimsicalDreams » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:35 am

Hello to everyone! WhimsicalDreams here, feel free to develop a nickname for me- especially if there's any people here I end up becoming rp partners with-- well, that doesn't really matter at this moment, does it?

Anywho, moving on! I've been in the role playing community for years now (over 8+ years now?) but for the past two years it's been majorly on and off. I'm trying to see if I can get back into in because I do miss the wonderful story and character development that comes from role playing. Obviously, my grammatical skills aren't quite up to par as it used to be since I haven't been doing any kind of writing for so long now- yes, I'm quite rusty but hopefully there will be someone out here in this community who wouldn't mind me as I slowly get back into the whole writing thing, haha!

Aside from that, I'm a major dork when it comes to making characters (I love it dearly) and trying new roleplays. I've never had any real good experiences when it came to forum rps (perhaps it's the sites I went to?) but hopefully I'll be able to ease into this site and get along with you all! Well, I think this little topic of mine has been drawn out too long now, so, once again, it's a pleasure it be acquainted with you all and I do hope I get along with you all!

Shinigami

Re: Oh, why, hello there!

Post by Shinigami » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:26 am

Hello, Whimsical, and welcome to RPF! :D I'm Shinigami, the local god of death.

If you haven't already, please read our rules. There's a link to them at the top of every page. If you have any questions or concerns, you can PM Annasiel (our site admin) or one of the mods and they will get back to you as soon as possible.

We have a VERY friendly community here, so I'm quite sure you'll be happy with us. If you aren't sure which section you'd be comfortable in, just go through them and browse the topics until you find one that suits your tastes. I hope to see you around! :)
"The boundaries which divide life from death are, at best, shadowy and vague."

WhimsicalDreams
Location: Drifting around this strange planet called "Earth", how interesting...

Post by WhimsicalDreams » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 am

Pleased to meet you, Shinigami! Please don't take my soul yet- or anytime soon, I beg of you! I still have a world of realms I have to explore with everyone- but thank you for greeting me! I have noticed the friendly community which is why I decided to give this site a try. I'll check everything out, once again, thank you. :)

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:48 am

welcome Whim!

You said we could develop a nickname, so there ya go. I love to meet people who are passionate about roleplaying and writing stories, you seem to be just that so I appreciate you already <3 Shini already mentioned the important stuff, so there's not much more to say. I hope you have fun with us!
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

WhimsicalDreams

Post by WhimsicalDreams » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 am

Hehe, Whim, that's cute~ Thank you for the nickname, Trandafir! Hope to see you around and well, I appreciate you too! All of ye. c:

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 am

WhimsicalDreams wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 am
Hehe, Whim, that's cute~ Thank you for the nickname, Trandafir! Hope to see you around and well, I appreciate you too! All of ye. c:
You can call me Trandy or Delfi :3 or other stuff, I like nicknames

what are your interests in roleplaying? Any specific genre you like?

WhimsicalDreams

Post by WhimsicalDreams » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 am

Trandafir wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 am

Ah! So quotes notify you... Is there a way to notify you if someone replies to your forum?? I feel like I've been doing something wrong!

Nicknames... Fifi? Firfy? Furfy.... I don't know, I think I may just call you Delfi since that's adorable!

But... my interests? Fantasy? Definitely as long as it takes some sort of fantasy schematic, no matter how sci-fi or realistic it may be... As long as the role-play touches on the boundaries of creativity (unless my partner is able to capture me in some other way) then it'll always be interesting to me! Freedom, ya know? But moving that aside, as long as the whole "story" is interesting in some way, I like any kind of role play. c:

And you?

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:11 am

Don't worry, Whim. I only steal the souls of those who anger me. :)

And if you look above, you'll see a moderator in it's natural habitat. Watch closely as it stares at it's monitor, looking for rule-breakers and greeting new members. Keep your voice low - you don't want to scare it away.

Just kidding. ^_^ And you might like the Azuria section, in that case. It's a massive sandbox RP in a medieval fantasy setting. :)
"The boundaries which divide life from death are, at best, shadowy and vague."

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:14 am

WhimsicalDreams wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 am
Trandafir wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 am

Ah! So quotes notify you... Is there a way to notify you if someone replies to your forum?? I feel like I've been doing something wrong!

Nicknames... Fifi? Firfy? Furfy.... I don't know, I think I may just call you Delfi since that's adorable!

But... my interests? Fantasy? Definitely as long as it takes some sort of fantasy schematic, no matter how sci-fi or realistic it may be... As long as the role-play touches on the boundaries of creativity (unless my partner is able to capture me in some other way) then it'll always be interesting to me! Freedom, ya know? But moving that aside, as long as the whole "story" is interesting in some way, I like any kind of role play. c:

And you?
"To get new post notifications, you need to manually subscribe to the thread. There should be a little wrench button right below the title. If you click it, it'll give you a drop-down menu, with "Subscribe Topic" as one of the options. Hit that button and you're good to go!" - Annasiel, The Admin

(I got lazy so I copied from the FAQ page in Help and Suggestions >.>)

Oh, I like a bunch of stuff as well. I take more interest in character driven rather than plot driven stories, so as long as the characters are interesting, I don't mind the setting that much. I tend to play young adults/teenagers more often because I live for the drama, and I find it easier to make flawed characters and give them space to grow when they are younger, and fucking up in life is sort of the norm.

WhimsicalDreams

Post by WhimsicalDreams » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:15 am

Well then Shinigami, I do hope I don't ever anger you! ^^

And to the moderator, hello! Please stay and have a cup of tea with me- or whatever suits your fancy!

But Azuria eh? I'll check it out but I never really got the hang of rping with multiple players at once, it's quite confusing!