Superhero Sandbox would love some new players!

Need a little help getting your roleplay off the ground? Post it here!
illirica
Sandbox Mod

Superhero Sandbox would love some new players!

Post by illirica » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi, guys!

Not your average promotion, but since no one's specifically said you can't promote an area, I'm doing it! So, those of you who have been here for a while know all about the little Superhero Sandbox down at the bottom, if you're new, it's easy to find. I'd love to get some more people interested in the area, so let me talk it up a little bit.

First, a little bit about how it works. In Sandbox, you'll create a character (or characters), and that character will participate in stuff all over, with different characters, moving between threads. So, in one thread, you might be saving a schoolbus from a monster in New York, then you might head on over to another place and have a chat with a man about the nature of time or something. Whether you want to be a more action-oriented character or a more chat-oriented character or a mix of both (or different styles on different characters) is totally up to you.

We're pretty lax about characters as well - in general, if it doesn't break the world lore, it's not too hard to get it in somehow. In addition to more standard superheroes, we also have magic users, a few monsters like werewolves, robots, and so on. Just because you don't want to be Superman doesn't mean you can't find a place that's good for you.

Also, we're not as scary as we appear on the outset. I've heard a couple people comment here and there that the sandbox posts can get pretty detailed, and yes, there's definitely some of that going on - but it's not a requirement. Fancy code and mini-novellas are just things that some of our users do to enhance some of their stuff, but you can absolutely get by just fine with regular text, regular posts. People there are also really great about helping people out, so if you want to step up your code game or write elaborate backstory, it can be a good place to do it.

So, a direct link to Sandbox is here, and you can get ahead of the game by checking out the individual Sandbox Rules, which are pretty similar. The rules thread also has some tips and tricks on it that you might find interesting. There's a link to our Discord server in the OC forum, and you can feel free to ask any questions you might have either on Discord or on the OC forum or here or by PM.

We welcome any who are ready to step up and defend the world... or who are ready to step up and destroy it.

Sans_the_Medic
Bronze

Re: Superhero Sandbox would love some new players!

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:18 pm

I have recently had a concept that I've wanted to try out. Perhaps it'll work here. Expect some more information by tomorrow maybe.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

<Insert humorous signature here>

Give a hug? God knows my self-hating ass needs a few

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:07 pm

I approve of this message

Come join us we are fun people

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:23 pm

"Fancy code and mini-novellas"
I wonder who she's referring to
I
wonder
who
(I mean a lot of people are, just saying that Reyn should probably be qurantined)
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:19 pm

She is quarantined, we keep her in the Expositions area.

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 pm

LET ME OUT YOU MEANIES

DON'T YOU WANT TO COME PLAY MARIO KART WITH ME IN MY TOWER