Stitches
Token Witch

Lord Aleksander's Tower Room

Post by Stitches » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:47 pm

WIP
artwork-011.jpg
artwork-011.jpg (742.51 KiB) Viewed 846 times
2110cf711125bd07d345c5df855479e8--castle-rooms-castle-bedroom.jpg
2110cf711125bd07d345c5df855479e8--castle-rooms-castle-bedroom.jpg (102.48 KiB) Viewed 846 times
fantasy_art_scenery_wallpaper_ognian_bonev_02_1440x900.jpg
fantasy_art_scenery_wallpaper_ognian_bonev_02_1440x900.jpg (223.73 KiB) Viewed 846 times

You've been bitten by a true believer
You've been bitten by
someone who's hungrier than you
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Trandafir
Gold

Re: Lord Aleksander's Tower Room

Post by Trandafir » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:51 pm

The servants would stop and stare as the young woman in a white dress passed them by, running silently through the castle's walls. Lady Alma Frey; then knew her name. Also known as the Ghost of Wrenhaven, for her hair as white as snow and skin as pale as death.

Alma would ignore them, too busy trying to keep her breath steady, while focusing on not tripping or dropping the heavy books she had in hands. Tripping was never good. Even a small bruise would take forever to heal, and it was quite easy for Alma to get an infection. She didn't mind though, for earlier that day she had seen Lady Gielban leave the castle, and a vision guaranteed her that she would be back much later and that Alma would be unharmed in time for supper.

The girl stopped running and took a moment to breathe, before knocking on the imponent door ahead of her. She could feel her heart already hammering inside her chest - not only from the run - and a bright smile filled her lips as she slowly pushed the door open.

"Hello... I brought the books you had requested." She said, slowly stepping into Lord Aleksander's room.
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:47 am

Earlier that morning, Aleksander had taken to sitting by the window, a fire roaring in its hearth, and a nasty coughing fit. His sister had spent a small deal of time ensuring his comfort for the day before leaving him to his studies. It left him with a tight pang in his chest as she walked out the door. Everything between them during the last year had changed, and he wasn't sure where it left them. Somewhere between achey and hollow and fluttery.

To avoid thinking about the unsure and uneasy feelings, he poured himself back into his books. Books about magics and creatures and everything involving them.He had already completed his science studies for the week, and it was time to begin his hobby study. His family was lacking any kind of natural bloodline magic, but he knew several families who had it.

"Hello... I brought the books you had requested."

Speaking of.

He turned to look over his shoulder at Lady Alma. Her visits were always sudden and mostly unexpected, but she always brought with her something new for him to read if he gave her a subject topic. ”Lady Alma. Please come in, I wasn’t sure if I’d be seeing you today. Please forgive me for not standing, but I feel more ill than normal lately.”

He gestured toward the chair next to him at the corner table. There was several short stacks of books scattered around the table, but still enough space for her to place the new books down. ”I appreciate your coming up today. I’m rather melancholy, and would enjoy the compan-” He broke off with a wet, harsh coughing fit. He leaned over, head bent with a kerchief pressed to his lips.

You've been bitten by a true believer
You've been bitten by
someone who's hungrier than you
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Trandafir
Gold

Post by Trandafir » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:52 pm

A warmth filled Alma's chest upon hearing Lord Aleksander's voice again. The cautiously entered his chambers, closing the door behind her before joining him and sitting at the chair he had offered.

The girl placed the books at his table, furrowing her eyebrows slightly at the sight of his coughing spree. Her curious eyes followed every single one of his movements. The way he leaned forward, the handkershief pressed tightly to his lips. It hurt to see him that way, but it hurt even more not to see him at all.

Alma's heart started beating up faster inside her chest. Her pale cheeks redenned and she leaned forward, only slightly towards him. "Lord Aleks-"

Down in the Wrenhaven gardens Cyan released a sigh, turning his attention to Lady Ebony. "The sun is about to set, and preparations shall be made. If you'll excuse me, I must get going." The white haired man said, performing a small reverence towards Gielban, and later towards the Blackwell siblings. "I can't wait to see you tonight."

"I look forward to tonight." Lady Ebony said, responding to Cyan's smile. He turned his back on the group and walked back towards the castle; more specifically, towards Alma's chambers.

A quick but firm knock on the door accompanied by the words "Alma. May I come in?" was the final image Alma had seen, before returning from her state of transe. Her eyes were widened, body stiff, and even though minutes had passed in her head, for anyone around her it wouldn't have lasted for longer than a few seconds.

"I-I'm sorry!" Alma said, brushing some of her thin curls away from her face, while abruptly standing up from her seated position. "Cyan is coming. I'd love to stay, but- I must go." The disapointment was clear in her voice, and after a final, hesitant glance towards her loved one Alma walked away, opening the door as discreetly as possible, not to alarm any servants that could be walking nearby.

The girl had stepped one foot out to the corridor, before making up her mind and turning to Aleks again. She had to say the words she wished to say to him that particular afternoon. It was her chance.

"I-if you'll come to the masquerade tonight, please ask me for a dance!" She stuttered out, her cheeks glowing on a bright pink while her fingers held tightly to the doorknob. "And... I'll come again tomorrow. If you'll allow me to." With her eyes now at her feet Alma performed a small reverence, turning her back on lord Aleksander and closing the door behind her, before storming out again through the castle's corridors.

She needed to be in her room before it was time for Cyan to arrive. Fifteen minutes. She could do it.

Trandafir
Gold

Post by Trandafir » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:18 am

Morning after the Masque

Alma was dead tired. Perhaps going out at night hadn't been a good idea.

The girl forced herself out of bed early the next morning, ignoring the nauseous sensation in her stomach. She changed her nightwear into the easier-to put-on dress she had in her closet, one that would also protect her from the freezing cold. After her shoes were on (barely laced, as she couldn't find the energy to do so propertly), Alma finally left her chambers and went up to lord Aleksander's tower.

Her journey there had taken longer than usual. By the time Alma reached the final step of the long staircase, she could barely breathe. The girl waited outside for a minute or more, trying to recompose herself before knocking on the door. "G-good morning," Alma said, after knocking and pushing the door open. Her voice cracked on her way out, and she realized how dry her throat was. The girl coughed slightly, covering her mouth with the back of her hand. Hopefully Aleksander would already be awake at this time in the morning, and she wouldn't have woken him up with such an unpleasant sound such as a cough.