[QUEST] Shattered Glass

Beyond the walls of the capital city, farmlands dot the countryside, crossed by roads to all else in the world. Quests go here.
Annasiel
Administrator

Re: [QUEST] Shattered Glass

Post by Annasiel » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:13 am

For better or for worse, his forced admission had seemed to ease the machine's inquests. For now. The carrenwing merely trudged along in silence, wondering if the knight had gotten his whispered warning or not. It wouldn't matter if not. He, and all the rest, already had little trust for The Spire. It was a boogeyman in the hills. They knew not the truth, and for it, they would act beneath his thumb.

Whether they wanted to or not.

The disgusting machine babbled on about all what the Spire offered, as if it were some merchant peddling it for wares. Sully fought back the urge to spit on it, knowing full well that would only damage the sore trust it already seemed to hold for him.

A notch to hold his body?

"Will ye be gone, then?" Sully rasped with fake concern. "After we did just meet?"
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:42 am

Moores continued following the paladin, listening to Grinder as he spoke. His words didn't do much to ease his nerves, though they did serve as a distraction. Looking up at the tower, its walls seemed to go on infinitely. It seemed more like a castle wall, to be frank. A... Metal castle. With colored glass.

Odd... And I wouldn't be surprised if things got stranger. Has anyone even made it this far before?

Finally, the machine tells them they don't have much further to go as he gestures to the east, and he takes his mind off of the structure's strange appearance. He mentions something about a gate and a notch in the wall, eliciting a response from the masked man.

Hopefully he would be able to leave soon. He was almost considering becoming a clerk after this.
The above image is a referral link to Nodiatis, an online RPG that I play.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

Quirbles
Advanced Mod

Post by Quirbles » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Lithius kept to himself as words were exchanged, observing the strangely changing landscape; oddly enamored with it, in a way, as a moth would be with a lantern's light.

Beautiful as it is, this place is a death trap.

The paladin pushed the admiration from his mind, gaze obscured behind a shadowed helmet as he continued forward without much else to do besides walk. Lithius wished he'd known about lugging a large pile of metal, or else he'd have worn boots better suited to long-distance traveling. Fatigue nipped at the edges of his limbs, but he disregarded it for now.

By Veius, I hope this is over soon.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:19 pm

“Stop.” Grinder’s mouth ground, a leak of steam elongating the ‘s’ of the word. The careful curve of the wall turned flat as the gate rose up, a break in the smooth surface of the wall. Columns of glass flanked the cleft in the smooth surface which ran from the ground to well above the heads of those gathered. Around the gate the forest floor and dirt path they had been following gave way to beautifully polished stone.

As the party came to a halt there came the faint whirring of gears and the whisper of metal as a portion of the gate’s stonework smoothly lifted away, revealing a network a machinery below along with a notch where the damaged machine could be placed.

“Yes, good, place me there.” Grinder said, shifting in the paladin’s arms as he motioned towards the notch. “And once that is finished, you can begin the next stage.”

Grinder’s head turned, its gaze falling on Sully. “And I am sorry to say, this is where we shall be parting ways.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Quirbles
Advanced Mod

Post by Quirbles » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Lithius, having retained his silence through the trip thus fair, held his tongue further as he cautiously moved to the wall's edge and placed Grinder atop a notch within the lustrous bulwark. The hefty weight lifted from his knees and shoulders, the paladin smoothed any cloth that might have been pushed out of place by his mechanical passenger and stepped back, hand resting upon the hilt of his sword.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:25 am

Moores stops as the machine instructs and observes the change in the architecture, looking closely at the glass pillars, wondering who made them. The sound of gears turning catches his attention, and he looks over to see a portion of the gate moving, revealing a mess of machinery behind it. He had absolutely no idea what any of it did, and honestly hoped he wouldn't find out. Watching this, he'd almost forgotten about the masked person and looks over at him as Grinder speaks. Did this mean they were almost finished?
The above image is a referral link to Nodiatis, an online RPG that I play.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!